One Week Quiz A
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4: Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What important Christian feast is ignored this year?
(a) The Feast of the Assumption.
(d) All Souls' Day.
2. What is Rieux's attitude to religion and God?
(a) He believes religion is all right some of the time.
(b) He is open to being converted.
(c) He is not a believer.
(d) He believes ardently and attends Mass regularly.
3. Why are newspaper reports optimistic?
(a) Because the editors have given instructions to print happy stories.
(b) Because reporters have been threatened if they tell the truth.
(c) Because the reporters are unaware of the true situation.
(d) Because the authorities have given instructions to do that.
4. What action does the Prefect take?
(a) He leaves the city.
(b) He calls a meeting.
(c) He makes the proclamation of plague.
(d) He makes a speech on the radio.
5. To whom does Rieux disclose that the apris serum is not ideally effective?
(a) His wife.
(d) His mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. The plague is changing in two ways. What is the first way?
2. What is Tarrou's response to the ideas in the High Mass sermon?
3. How does Rieux caution Tarrou?
4. Why don't all sufferers have hospital treatment?
5. Who makes the order to close the town?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)