|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pippi do when Mrs. Carmencita rides by her?
2. Who calls for a cheer for Pippi after she saves the boys?
3. Why is Pippi doing what she is to the horse when Tommy tells her about the circus?
4. What is the tallest building in town called?
5. What does Pippi use for make-up?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Annika describe the circus to Pippi?
2. What blocks the way when the children head to the picnic, and how do they get around it?
3. How did Pippi get ready for the coffee party?
4. What do the ladies at the party talk about, and how does Pippi respond to this?
5. What does Pippi do for the thieves before sending them on their way?
6. What happens when Pippi pays a gold coin to get into the circus?
7. What did Pippi do to the pie at the coffee party?
8. What does Pippi do when Miss Carmencita comes out on her horse?
9. What do Tommy and Annika say while Pippi takes a nap at the circus?
10. What was Pippi doing when Tommy invited her to the coffee party, and why was this so strange?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Curiosity was a trait that a few characters possessed. Who are these characters and how does this trait affect their lives?
Essay Topic 2
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the book. Where are some places that this theme appears, and how do the characters touched by it react? How do certain friendships change over the course of the book, and what causes these changes?
Essay Topic 3
Mrs. Settengren was a minor character whose presence made a big difference in the plot. How does she accomplish this? What are some ways that her presence, however brief, alters the outcome of the plot? What would have happened differently if she had not been in the book at all?
This section contains 759 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)