|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pippi make Bloom do?
2. What does a person who beats the strongest man win?
3. How does Pippi spell circus?
4. What does Thunder Karlson call himself?
5. How do Tommy and Annika get money to go to the circus?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the ladies at the party talk about, and how does Pippi respond to this?
2. How does Pippi save the boys from the burning building?
3. What was Pippi doing when Tommy invited her to the coffee party, and why was this so strange?
4. What does Tommy wish as they leave the picnic, and what is Pippi's response to this?
5. How does Pippi become famous in the town?
6. What do the two thieves do when they first come into Pippi's house?
7. What does Pippi make the thieves do after she ties them up?
8. How does Annika describe the circus to Pippi?
9. What is wrong with the first two picnic spots found by the children?
10. Why does Pippi not know what to do on a Sunday afternoon?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What role does symbolism play in the story and where does it appear? How is the plot altered by the presence of these symbols?
Essay Topic 2
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect the characters involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 3
Tommy and Annika are almost mirror images of each other, and yet they have some notable differences. Using excerpts from the text, please compare and contrast these two characters and explain the significance they had in the plot.
This section contains 693 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)