|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Tommy get hurt when they first get to the picnic?
2. How many boys does Pippi save from the tall building?
3. What color horse is Mrs. Carmencita standing on?
4. What do the thieves wait for after they leave Pippi's house for the first time?
5. Where did Pippi learn to cook?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Pippi make the thieves do after she ties them up?
2. What happens when the thieves ask Pippi what time it is?
3. What do the thieves do after leaving Pippi's house for the first time?
4. What do the ladies at the party talk about, and how does Pippi respond to this?
5. What does Pippi do when Miss Carmencita comes out on her horse?
6. Why does Pippi not know what to do on a Sunday afternoon?
7. What do Tommy and Annika say while Pippi takes a nap at the circus?
8. What does Pippi do when Miss Elvira performs on the tightrope?
9. How does Annika describe the circus to Pippi?
10. What do the two thieves do when they first come into Pippi's house?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
This book takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affected the course of the plot. Why might Lindgren have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
Essay Topic 2
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect the characters involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 3
Mrs. Settengren was a minor character whose presence made a big difference in the plot. How does she accomplish this? What are some ways that her presence, however brief, alters the outcome of the plot? What would have happened differently if she had not been in the book at all?
This section contains 794 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)