|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is it doing when Pippi hears of the coffee party, and why is it ironic?
2. How many boys does Pippi save from the tall building?
3. What does Tommy say was the best part of the circus?
4. Where does Pippi say Mr. Nilsson is sleeping?
5. What is Pippi doing to her horse when Tommy tells her about the circus?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Pippi make the thieves do after she ties them up?
2. What does Pippi do for the thieves before sending them on their way?
3. What did Pippi do to the pie at the coffee party?
4. What blocks the way when the children head to the picnic, and how do they get around it?
5. What happens when Pippi pays a gold coin to get into the circus?
6. What do the two thieves do when they first come into Pippi's house?
7. How does Pippi become famous in the town?
8. What is the Skyscraper?
9. What does Pippi do when Miss Carmencita comes out on her horse?
10. What happens when the thieves ask Pippi what time it is?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Curiosity was a trait that a few characters possessed. Who are these characters and how does this trait affect their lives?
Essay Topic 2
Many different characters in this book were persuaded to do things that they would not have done of their own accord. What are some of these instances, and how does persuasion affect the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
What are some of the forms of foreshadowing used in this book and how do those moments affect the course of the plot?
This section contains 708 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)