|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Annika tell Pippi is at the circus?
2. What does Pippi hope she can do while at the coffee party?
3. What does Pippi do when she is done dancing?
4. How does the town learn about what Pippi did at the circus?
5. What does Pippi try to teach her monkey on the Sunday without her friends?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Pippi do when she realizes that Mr. Nilsson has run off at the picnic?
2. What do the thieves do after leaving Pippi's house for the first time?
3. What does Pippi do for the thieves before sending them on their way?
4. What does Pippi do when Miss Carmencita comes out on her horse?
5. What is wrong with the first two picnic spots found by the children?
6. What does Pippi make the thieves do after she ties them up?
7. How does Annika describe the circus to Pippi?
8. What did Pippi do to the pie at the coffee party?
9. What happens when Pippi pays a gold coin to get into the circus?
10. What is the Skyscraper?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Fear is a common theme in this book that is presented a number of times by a number of characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
Essay Topic 2
Shame and propriety are common themes throughout this book. What are some of the instances where these themes are present, and why are they so important to the characters involved?
Essay Topic 3
There were a few different ideas about education in this book. Choose a few of the main characters and write what their ideas of education were and how these ideas affected their lives.
This section contains 724 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)