|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the maid's name at Tommy's house?
2. What is Pippi doing when she first hears about Tommy's mother's coffee party?
3. Why does Pippi tell the thieves she cannot get out of bed?
4. What does Pippi do when she is done dancing?
5. Where does Pippi say she learned to behave?
Essay Topic 1
Mrs. Settengren was a minor character whose presence made a big difference in the plot. How does she accomplish this? What are some ways that her presence, however brief, alters the outcome of the plot? What would have happened differently if she had not been in the book at all?
Essay Topic 2
Hope was a strong theme in this book. Where does this theme appear and which characters are most affected by it?
Essay Topic 3
What are some of the forms of foreshadowing used in this book and how do those moments affect the course of the plot?
This section contains 761 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)