|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pippi do after beating the strongest man?
2. What does Pippi jump off of during the picnic?
3. Where does Pippi say Mr. Nilsson is sleeping?
4. Who does Tommy's mother think ate her pie?
5. What is the maid's name at Tommy's house?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Pippi do when she realizes that Mr. Nilsson has run off at the picnic?
2. How does Pippi become famous in the town?
3. What happens when Pippi approaches Adolf at the circus?
4. What did Pippi do to the pie at the coffee party?
5. How did Pippi get ready for the coffee party?
6. What do the two thieves do when they first come into Pippi's house?
7. What does Pippi do when Miss Carmencita comes out on her horse?
8. What blocks the way when the children head to the picnic, and how do they get around it?
9. What does Pippi do when Miss Elvira performs on the tightrope?
10. What do the ladies at the party talk about, and how does Pippi respond to this?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Fear is a common theme in this book that is presented a number of times by a number of characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
Essay Topic 2
What are some of the forms of foreshadowing used in this book and how do those moments affect the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
Pippi endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials and what lessons does she learn through these experiences?
This section contains 780 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)