|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pippi call the money the ringmaster tries to give her for winning?
2. Who do the thieves think Mr. Nilsson is?
3. Who does Tommy's mother think ate her pie?
4. What is it doing when Pippi hears of the coffee party, and why is it ironic?
5. What kind of vacation do Tommy and Annika get in Chapter 6?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Pippi get ready for the coffee party?
2. What do the two thieves do when they first come into Pippi's house?
3. What was Pippi doing when Tommy invited her to the coffee party, and why was this so strange?
4. What do the ladies at the party talk about, and how does Pippi respond to this?
5. What is the Skyscraper?
6. What do the thieves do after leaving Pippi's house for the first time?
7. What did Pippi do to the pie at the coffee party?
8. Why does Pippi not know what to do on a Sunday afternoon?
9. What happens when the thieves ask Pippi what time it is?
10. What does Pippi do to the angry bull?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Which character do you relate with the most in this book? Why is this? How does this character change throughout the book?
Essay Topic 2
There were a number of magical elements in this book. What are some of these elements, and how do they shape the setting of this plot?
Essay Topic 3
Many different characters in this book were persuaded to do things that they would not have done of their own accord. What are some of these instances, and how does persuasion affect the course of the plot?
This section contains 759 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)