|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Pippi tell the thieves she cannot get out of bed?
2. How does the town learn about what Pippi did at the circus?
3. What time does the coffee party start?
4. What language does the ticket taker speak?
5. Who does Tommy's mother think ate her pie?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is wrong with the first two picnic spots found by the children?
2. What happens when Pippi approaches Adolf at the circus?
3. What does Tommy wish as they leave the picnic, and what is Pippi's response to this?
4. How does Pippi save the boys from the burning building?
5. How did Pippi get ready for the coffee party?
6. What did Pippi do to the pie at the coffee party?
7. What does Pippi do to the angry bull?
8. What do Tommy and Annika say while Pippi takes a nap at the circus?
9. How does Pippi scrub the floor in her house?
10. Why does Pippi not know what to do on a Sunday afternoon?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Pippi endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials and what lessons does she learn through these experiences?
Essay Topic 2
Curiosity was a trait that a few characters possessed. Who are these characters and how does this trait affect their lives?
Essay Topic 3
The characters in this book all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affected the characters around them.
This section contains 777 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)