|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pippi do with the cakes at the coffee party?
2. Where did Pippi learn to tie knots?
3. What does Tommy find in a field while on the picnic?
4. What is the tallest building in town called?
5. Where does Pippi keep her bag of gold?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the two thieves do when they first come into Pippi's house?
2. What does Pippi do when Miss Elvira performs on the tightrope?
3. Why does Pippi not know what to do on a Sunday afternoon?
4. What do the thieves do after leaving Pippi's house for the first time?
5. What does Pippi make the thieves do after she ties them up?
6. What does Pippi do when she realizes that Mr. Nilsson has run off at the picnic?
7. What does Tommy wish as they leave the picnic, and what is Pippi's response to this?
8. What does Pippi do for the thieves before sending them on their way?
9. What does Pippi do to the angry bull?
10. What blocks the way when the children head to the picnic, and how do they get around it?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There were a few different ideas about education in this book. Choose a few of the main characters and write what their ideas of education were and how these ideas affected their lives.
Essay Topic 2
Curiosity was a trait that a few characters possessed. Who are these characters and how does this trait affect their lives?
Essay Topic 3
What role does symbolism play in the story and where does it appear? How is the plot altered by the presence of these symbols?
This section contains 789 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)