|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pippi do when she is done dancing?
2. What is it doing when Pippi hears of the coffee party, and why is it ironic?
3. Where did Pippi learn to cook?
4. What does Pippi chastise the thieves for when they first come into her house?
5. What does Pippi do with the cakes at the coffee party?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Pippi do when Miss Carmencita comes out on her horse?
2. What does Pippi do for the thieves before sending them on their way?
3. How does Pippi become famous in the town?
4. What does the fire chief do after Pippi has saved the boys from the building?
5. How does Annika describe the circus to Pippi?
6. What do the thieves do after leaving Pippi's house for the first time?
7. What happens when Pippi approaches Adolf at the circus?
8. What does Pippi do to the angry bull?
9. What happens when the thieves ask Pippi what time it is?
10. What is the Skyscraper?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Tommy and Annika are almost mirror images of each other, and yet they have some notable differences. Using excerpts from the text, please compare and contrast these two characters and explain the significance they had in the plot.
Essay Topic 2
There were a number of magical elements in this book. What are some of these elements, and how do they shape the setting of this plot?
Essay Topic 3
Curiosity was a trait that a few characters possessed. Who are these characters and how does this trait affect their lives?
This section contains 778 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)