|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pippi use for make-up?
2. What does a person who beats the strongest man win?
3. How do Tommy and Annika get money to go to the circus?
4. Who calls for a cheer for Pippi after she saves the boys?
5. Why does Pippi tell the thieves she cannot get out of bed?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Pippi do to the pie at the coffee party?
2. How does Pippi scrub the floor in her house?
3. What blocks the way when the children head to the picnic, and how do they get around it?
4. What is wrong with the first two picnic spots found by the children?
5. What do the two thieves do when they first come into Pippi's house?
6. What does Pippi do to the angry bull?
7. What is the Skyscraper?
8. What happens when Pippi pays a gold coin to get into the circus?
9. What does the fire chief do after Pippi has saved the boys from the building?
10. What does Pippi do for the thieves before sending them on their way?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Generosity was a key theme in this book. Where does this theme appear and which characters are the most affected by it?
Essay Topic 2
Pippi had some very strange quirks. What are some of these oddities, where do they come from, and how does their inclusion in the book alter the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
Many different characters in this book were persuaded to do things that they would not have done of their own accord. What are some of these instances, and how does persuasion affect the course of the plot?
This section contains 729 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)