|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Tommy and Annika get money to go to the circus?
2. What do the thieves do when they hear that Pippi has no parents?
3. What does Pippi say she never does when she sees the boys in the tall building?
4. Why do the guards NOT throw Pippi out when the ringmaster tells them to?
5. What does Pippi like after coming out of the lake?
Short Essay Questions
1. What blocks the way when the children head to the picnic, and how do they get around it?
2. What happens when the thieves ask Pippi what time it is?
3. How does Pippi save the boys from the burning building?
4. How does Annika describe the circus to Pippi?
5. What does Pippi do when Miss Elvira performs on the tightrope?
6. What is the Skyscraper?
7. What do the ladies at the party talk about, and how does Pippi respond to this?
8. What does Pippi do to the angry bull?
9. What does Pippi do when Miss Carmencita comes out on her horse?
10. How does Pippi become famous in the town?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect the characters involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 2
Shame and propriety are common themes throughout this book. What are some of the instances where these themes are present, and why are they so important to the characters involved?
Essay Topic 3
Fear is a common theme in this book that is presented a number of times by a number of characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
This section contains 818 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)