|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who helps Pippi save the boys in the tall building?
2. What is the Swedish word for thank you?
3. What does Pippi do after beating the strongest man?
4. What does Pippi jump off of during the picnic?
5. What is Pippi doing to her horse when Tommy tells her about the circus?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Tommy and Annika say while Pippi takes a nap at the circus?
2. What blocks the way when the children head to the picnic, and how do they get around it?
3. What does Pippi do for the thieves before sending them on their way?
4. Why does Pippi not know what to do on a Sunday afternoon?
5. What do the thieves do after leaving Pippi's house for the first time?
6. How does Pippi scrub the floor in her house?
7. What do the two thieves do when they first come into Pippi's house?
8. What does Pippi make the thieves do after she ties them up?
9. What does Pippi do to the angry bull?
10. What is the Skyscraper?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are some of the forms of foreshadowing used in this book and how do those moments affect the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the book. Where are some places that this theme appears, and how do the characters touched by it react? How do certain friendships change over the course of the book, and what causes these changes?
Essay Topic 3
There were a number of magical elements in this book. What are some of these elements, and how do they shape the setting of this plot?
This section contains 715 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)