|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pippi like after coming out of the lake?
2. How does Tommy get hurt when they first get to the picnic?
3. Where does Pippi say she learned to behave?
4. What color horse is Mrs. Carmencita standing on?
5. What does Pippi do when Mrs. Carmencita rides by her?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Annika describe the circus to Pippi?
2. What does Pippi do when Miss Elvira performs on the tightrope?
3. What happens when the thieves ask Pippi what time it is?
4. What did Pippi do to the pie at the coffee party?
5. What does Pippi make the thieves do after she ties them up?
6. How did Pippi get ready for the coffee party?
7. What do the two thieves do when they first come into Pippi's house?
8. What happens when Pippi pays a gold coin to get into the circus?
9. What does Pippi do when Miss Carmencita comes out on her horse?
10. How does Pippi save the boys from the burning building?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Hope was a strong theme in this book. Where does this theme appear and which characters are most affected by it?
Essay Topic 2
Generosity was a key theme in this book. Where does this theme appear and which characters are the most affected by it?
Essay Topic 3
Tommy and Annika are almost mirror images of each other, and yet they have some notable differences. Using excerpts from the text, please compare and contrast these two characters and explain the significance they had in the plot.
This section contains 807 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)