|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pippi say the perfect picnic spot needs?
2. What language does the ticket taker speak?
3. What does Pippi do when the band begins to play at the circus?
4. Who helps Pippi save the boys in the tall building?
5. What kind of song do Tommy and Annika sing after the picnic?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the fire chief do after Pippi has saved the boys from the building?
2. How did Pippi get ready for the coffee party?
3. What did Pippi do to the pie at the coffee party?
4. What is the Skyscraper?
5. How does Pippi scrub the floor in her house?
6. What blocks the way when the children head to the picnic, and how do they get around it?
7. What does Pippi do when Miss Carmencita comes out on her horse?
8. What does Pippi do when she realizes that Mr. Nilsson has run off at the picnic?
9. What does Pippi do when Miss Elvira performs on the tightrope?
10. What does Pippi do for the thieves before sending them on their way?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Tommy and Annika are almost mirror images of each other, and yet they have some notable differences. Using excerpts from the text, please compare and contrast these two characters and explain the significance they had in the plot.
Essay Topic 2
Generosity was a key theme in this book. Where does this theme appear and which characters are the most affected by it?
Essay Topic 3
What are some of the forms of foreshadowing used in this book and how do those moments affect the course of the plot?
This section contains 703 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)