|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the guards NOT throw Pippi out when the ringmaster tells them to?
2. Who does Pippi want to take on a picnic with Tommy and Annika?
3. What time does the coffee party start?
4. How does Pippi find out about Tommy's mother's coffee party?
5. Who do the thieves think Mr. Nilsson is?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Pippi doing when Tommy invited her to the coffee party, and why was this so strange?
2. Why does Pippi not know what to do on a Sunday afternoon?
3. What is the Skyscraper?
4. What does the fire chief do after Pippi has saved the boys from the building?
5. What do the two thieves do when they first come into Pippi's house?
6. How does Pippi become famous in the town?
7. What does Pippi do when Miss Elvira performs on the tightrope?
8. What do the ladies at the party talk about, and how does Pippi respond to this?
9. What is wrong with the first two picnic spots found by the children?
10. What happens when Pippi approaches Adolf at the circus?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Pippi endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials and what lessons does she learn through these experiences?
Essay Topic 2
What are some of the forms of foreshadowing used in this book and how do those moments affect the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
How does Tommy's relationship with Annika change over the course of the plot? What causes these changes, and what significance does this have to the outcome of the book?
This section contains 744 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)