|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of vacation do Tommy and Annika get in Chapter 6?
2. What does Pippi say she has to order herself to do?
3. Who do the thieves think Mr. Nilsson is?
4. What does Pippi try to teach her monkey on the Sunday without her friends?
5. What does Pippi make Thunder Karlson do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the thieves do after leaving Pippi's house for the first time?
2. How did Pippi get ready for the coffee party?
3. What does Pippi do to the angry bull?
4. How does Pippi become famous in the town?
5. What does Pippi do when she realizes that Mr. Nilsson has run off at the picnic?
6. What does Tommy wish as they leave the picnic, and what is Pippi's response to this?
7. What do Tommy and Annika say while Pippi takes a nap at the circus?
8. How does Annika describe the circus to Pippi?
9. What is wrong with the first two picnic spots found by the children?
10. What does Pippi do when Miss Elvira performs on the tightrope?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There were a few different ideas about education in this book. Choose a few of the main characters and write what their ideas of education were and how these ideas affected their lives.
Essay Topic 2
Curiosity was a trait that a few characters possessed. Who are these characters and how does this trait affect their lives?
Essay Topic 3
Many different characters in this book were persuaded to do things that they would not have done of their own accord. What are some of these instances, and how does persuasion affect the course of the plot?
This section contains 726 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)