|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pippi jump off of during the picnic?
2. Why is Pippi not able to see Tommy and Annika on the Sunday after the cofee party?
3. What do the two thieves plan to ask from Pippi when they first get to her house?
4. Where does Pippi say she learned to behave?
5. Where is the missing person at the picnic found?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Pippi do to the pie at the coffee party?
2. Why does Pippi not know what to do on a Sunday afternoon?
3. What is the Skyscraper?
4. What does Pippi do when she realizes that Mr. Nilsson has run off at the picnic?
5. What does Pippi do to the angry bull?
6. What happens when Pippi approaches Adolf at the circus?
7. How does Annika describe the circus to Pippi?
8. What does Pippi do for the thieves before sending them on their way?
9. What does Pippi do when Miss Carmencita comes out on her horse?
10. What was Pippi doing when Tommy invited her to the coffee party, and why was this so strange?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the book. Where are some places that this theme appears, and how do the characters touched by it react? How do certain friendships change over the course of the book, and what causes these changes?
Essay Topic 2
Pippi had some very strange quirks. What are some of these oddities, where do they come from, and how does their inclusion in the book alter the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
The characters in this book all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affected the characters around them.
This section contains 818 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)