|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What language does the ticket taker speak?
2. What is it doing when Pippi hears of the coffee party, and why is it ironic?
3. What does Pippi have to move out of the way on the way to the picnic?
4. Where does Pippi say Mr. Nilsson is sleeping?
5. What does a person who beats the strongest man win?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Pippi do when Miss Elvira performs on the tightrope?
2. What was Pippi doing when Tommy invited her to the coffee party, and why was this so strange?
3. What does Tommy wish as they leave the picnic, and what is Pippi's response to this?
4. How did Pippi get ready for the coffee party?
5. What happens when the thieves ask Pippi what time it is?
6. What does the fire chief do after Pippi has saved the boys from the building?
7. What does Pippi do to the angry bull?
8. How does Annika describe the circus to Pippi?
9. What did Pippi do to the pie at the coffee party?
10. What is wrong with the first two picnic spots found by the children?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect the characters involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 2
Pippi endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials and what lessons does she learn through these experiences?
Essay Topic 3
Shame and propriety are common themes throughout this book. What are some of the instances where these themes are present, and why are they so important to the characters involved?
This section contains 744 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)