|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pippi jump off of during the picnic?
2. What does Pippi do after beating the strongest man?
3. Why is Pippi not able to see Tommy and Annika on the Sunday after the cofee party?
4. What kind of song do Tommy and Annika sing after the picnic?
5. What is Annika's last name?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Pippi do when Miss Carmencita comes out on her horse?
2. What does Pippi make the thieves do after she ties them up?
3. What did Pippi do to the pie at the coffee party?
4. What was Pippi doing when Tommy invited her to the coffee party, and why was this so strange?
5. What does Tommy wish as they leave the picnic, and what is Pippi's response to this?
6. What do Tommy and Annika say while Pippi takes a nap at the circus?
7. What happens when Pippi approaches Adolf at the circus?
8. What is wrong with the first two picnic spots found by the children?
9. What do the two thieves do when they first come into Pippi's house?
10. How does Pippi save the boys from the burning building?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Pippi had some very strange quirks. What are some of these oddities, where do they come from, and how does their inclusion in the book alter the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
Generosity was a key theme in this book. Where does this theme appear and which characters are the most affected by it?
Essay Topic 3
Hope was a strong theme in this book. Where does this theme appear and which characters are most affected by it?
This section contains 801 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)