|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pippi keep on her porch?
2. Why does the teacher tell Pippi she should not go to school?
3. How many police officers come into Pippi's yard?
4. What time do Tommy and Annika get out of school every day?
5. What is Pippi making when Annika and Tommy come over for the second time?
Short Essay Questions
1. What game does Pippi want to play from within the tree?
2. How does Annika feel when Pippi first suggests they ride her horse?
3. How does Annika feel before and after she goes into the tree?
4. What does Pippi do as she is leaving the school?
5. What is Pippi's full name?
6. How is Pippi's garden different from the one at Tommy's house?
7. How does Pippi put herself to sleep?
8. What does the teacher do when she gets frustrated with Pippi's behavior?
9. What does Pippi do when she finds a can on her search?
10. What do Tommy and Annika do in the morning after their first meeting with Pippi?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the book. Where are some places that this theme appears, and how do the characters touched by it react? How do certain friendships change over the course of the book, and what causes these changes?
Essay Topic 2
Fear is a common theme in this book that is presented a number of times by a number of characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
Essay Topic 3
How does Tommy's relationship with Annika change over the course of the plot? What causes these changes, and what significance does this have to the outcome of the book?
This section contains 715 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)