|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is on the card with the letter "i"?
2. Where does Pippi have some big trees?
3. What did Annika used to play before Pippi arrived?
4. What does Pippi throw to Annika while she is in the tree?
5. Why can't Tommy climb the trees at his house?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Pippi's full name?
2. How does Annika feel when Pippi first suggests they ride her horse?
3. How does Pippi put herself to sleep?
4. What does Pippi do as she is leaving the school?
5. What does Pippi think happened to her father when he fell overboard on his ship?
6. What does Pippi do when Annika tells her that lying is not a good thing to do?
7. What do Tommy and Annika do in the morning after their first meeting with Pippi?
8. What does Pippi do when a police officer tells her she should be ashamed to not know the capital of Portugal?
9. What does Pippi do when the teacher asks the class to draw for a while, and why does she do this?
10. What do Annika and Tommy find at the end of their search?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Curiosity was a trait that a few characters possessed. Who are these characters and how does this trait affect their lives?
Essay Topic 2
Many different characters in this book were persuaded to do things that they would not have done of their own accord. What are some of these instances, and how does persuasion affect the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
Mrs. Settengren was a minor character whose presence made a big difference in the plot. How does she accomplish this? What are some ways that her presence, however brief, alters the outcome of the plot? What would have happened differently if she had not been in the book at all?
This section contains 776 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)