|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who made the dress that Pippi always wears?
2. How does Pippi get to the school?
3. Why does Pippi say she walks back to her house backwards?
4. What is Pippi covered in when she greets Tommy and Annika on their second meeting?
5. What does Pippi ask to learn when she first gets to school?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Pippi think happened to her father when he fell overboard on his ship?
2. How is Pippi's garden different from the one at Tommy's house?
3. What does Pippi do when Annika tells her that lying is not a good thing to do?
4. How does Annika feel when Pippi first suggests they ride her horse?
5. What does Pippi do when Bengt starts to tease her about her appearance?
6. How does Pippi put herself to sleep?
7. What does the teacher do when she gets frustrated with Pippi's behavior?
8. What do Tommy and Annika do in the morning after their first meeting with Pippi?
9. What does Pippi do when she first gets to the school?
10. What does Pippi give Tommy and Annika the first time they are in her house?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Shame and propriety are common themes throughout this book. What are some of the instances where these themes are present, and why are they so important to the characters involved?
Essay Topic 2
Mrs. Settengren was a minor character whose presence made a big difference in the plot. How does she accomplish this? What are some ways that her presence, however brief, alters the outcome of the plot? What would have happened differently if she had not been in the book at all?
Essay Topic 3
Pippi endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials and what lessons does she learn through these experiences?
This section contains 772 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)