|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Pippi put the police officers when she is done 'playing'?
2. What does one of the police officers say Pippi could learn at school?
3. Why does Pippi decide to go to school?
4. What time do Tommy and Annika go to school?
5. How does Annika feel when she hears what Pippi did with the police?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Pippi think happened to her father when he fell overboard on his ship?
2. How does Pippi say she disciplines herself?
3. What do Tommy and Annika do in the morning after their first meeting with Pippi?
4. What does Pippi say a Thing Finder is?
5. What is Pippi's full name?
6. How is Pippi's garden different from the one at Tommy's house?
7. What does Pippi say to Tommy and Annika about egg yolks?
8. What happens when the officers are both up on the roof of the house?
9. What does Pippi do as she is leaving the school?
10. What game does Pippi want to play from within the tree?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Mrs. Settengren was a minor character whose presence made a big difference in the plot. How does she accomplish this? What are some ways that her presence, however brief, alters the outcome of the plot? What would have happened differently if she had not been in the book at all?
Essay Topic 2
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the book. Where are some places that this theme appears, and how do the characters touched by it react? How do certain friendships change over the course of the book, and what causes these changes?
Essay Topic 3
Shame and propriety are common themes throughout this book. What are some of the instances where these themes are present, and why are they so important to the characters involved?
This section contains 727 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)