|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Tommy and Annika wish as they walk to school?
2. Why does Pippi say she will not go with the police officers to where they want to take her?
3. Where does Pippi have some big trees?
4. What did Annika used to play before Pippi arrived?
5. What does Pippi say about the schools in Argentina?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Pippi give Tommy and Annika the first time they are in her house?
2. Why does Pippi not know what to do on a Sunday afternoon?
3. What does Annika ask Pippi when she first climbs into the tree, and how does Pippi respond?
4. How does Annika feel before and after she goes into the tree?
5. What does the fire chief do after Pippi has saved the boys from the building?
6. What does Pippi do when Annika tells her that lying is not a good thing to do?
7. What does Pippi say a Thing Finder is?
8. What happens when the officers are both up on the roof of the house?
9. What blocks the way when the children head to the picnic, and how do they get around it?
10. What does Pippi do when a policeman grabs her to take her away?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Tommy and Annika are almost mirror images of each other, and yet they have some notable differences. Using excerpts from the text, please compare and contrast these two characters and explain the significance they had in the plot.
Essay Topic 2
Many different characters in this book were persuaded to do things that they would not have done of their own accord. What are some of these instances, and how does persuasion affect the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect the characters involved in those scenes?
This section contains 1,295 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)