Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pippi say about the schools in Argentina?
2. What is Pippi's first whole name?
3. What did Annika used to play before Pippi arrived?
4. What does Pippi ask to learn when she first gets to school?
5. What did Pippi once kill in India?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Pippi say a Thing Finder is?
2. What is the Skyscraper?
3. Why does Pippi not know what to do on a Sunday afternoon?
4. What do the ladies at the party talk about, and how does Pippi respond to this?
5. How does Pippi say she disciplines herself?
6. What does Pippi do when a policeman grabs her to take her away?
7. How does Pippi become famous in the town?
8. What do the two thieves do when they first come into Pippi's house?
9. What happens when the thieves ask Pippi what time it is?
10. What does the teacher do when she gets frustrated with Pippi's behavior?
Essay Topic 1
What role does symbolism play in the story and where does it appear? How is the plot altered by the presence of these symbols?
Essay Topic 2
Shame and propriety are common themes throughout this book. What are some of the instances where these themes are present, and why are they so important to the characters involved?
Essay Topic 3
This book takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affected the course of the plot. Why might Lindgren have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
This section contains 651 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)