|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pippi think her father is?
2. Where was Pippi before the book began?
3. What time do Tommy and Annika get out of school every day?
4. What is the name of the one boy being chased by the group?
5. Why does Pippi NOT mind not having parents?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when the officers get back on the ground?
2. What does Pippi do when she first gets to the school?
3. What does Pippi say after she tells about the man from China?
4. What happens when the officers are both up on the roof of the house?
5. What does Pippi think happened to her father when he fell overboard on his ship?
6. What does Annika ask Pippi when she first climbs into the tree, and how does Pippi respond?
7. What does Pippi give Tommy and Annika the first time they are in her house?
8. What does Pippi do when Bengt starts to tease her about her appearance?
9. What does the teacher do when she gets frustrated with Pippi's behavior?
10. What is Pippi's full name?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There were a few different ideas about education in this book. Choose a few of the main characters and write what their ideas of education were and how these ideas affected their lives.
Essay Topic 2
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the book. Where are some places that this theme appears, and how do the characters touched by it react? How do certain friendships change over the course of the book, and what causes these changes?
Essay Topic 3
Mrs. Settengren was a minor character whose presence made a big difference in the plot. How does she accomplish this? What are some ways that her presence, however brief, alters the outcome of the plot? What would have happened differently if she had not been in the book at all?
This section contains 768 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)