|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tommy find in a hollow tree?
2. How do the police officers get onto the roof while trying to catch Pippi?
3. What did Pippi once kill in India?
4. What does Pippi make for Tommy and Annika the first time they meet?
5. What is on the card with the letter "i"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Pippi's full name?
2. What does Pippi do as she is leaving the school?
3. What happens when the officers are both up on the roof of the house?
4. What does Pippi do when the teacher asks the class to draw for a while, and why does she do this?
5. What does Pippi say a Thing Finder is?
6. What does Pippi say to Tommy and Annika about egg yolks?
7. What does Pippi do when she finds a can on her search?
8. What does Pippi do when a policeman grabs her to take her away?
9. What do Tommy and Annika say to convince Pippi to go to school?
10. What does Pippi think happened to her father when he fell overboard on his ship?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What role does symbolism play in the story and where does it appear? How is the plot altered by the presence of these symbols?
Essay Topic 2
Pippi had some very strange quirks. What are some of these oddities, where do they come from, and how does their inclusion in the book alter the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
How does Tommy's relationship with Annika change over the course of the plot? What causes these changes, and what significance does this have to the outcome of the book?
This section contains 745 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)