|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tommy find in a hollow tree?
2. What does Pippi think her mother is?
3. What does Annika find in a tree stump?
4. What did Pippi find in the jungle one time?
5. What do the policemen say about Pippi after they leave her house?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Pippi give Tommy and Annika the first time they are in her house?
2. What happens when the officers are both up on the roof of the house?
3. What does Pippi say after she tells about the man from China?
4. What does Pippi think happened to her father when he fell overboard on his ship?
5. What do Tommy and Annika do in the morning after their first meeting with Pippi?
6. What does Pippi do when she first gets to the school?
7. What does Annika ask Pippi when she first climbs into the tree, and how does Pippi respond?
8. What do the people of the town think when they find out Pippi lives alone?
9. What do Annika and Tommy find at the end of their search?
10. What does Pippi say a Thing Finder is?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The characters in this book all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affected the characters around them.
Essay Topic 2
Curiosity was a trait that a few characters possessed. Who are these characters and how does this trait affect their lives?
Essay Topic 3
Generosity was a key theme in this book. Where does this theme appear and which characters are the most affected by it?
This section contains 759 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)