|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Pippi's first whole name?
2. Why does the teacher tell Pippi she should not go to school?
3. Where is Tommy sitting at the beginning of Chapter 5?
4. What does Pippi lift the police officers by?
5. What is Pippi covered in when she greets Tommy and Annika on their second meeting?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Pippi put herself to sleep?
2. What does Pippi say after she tells about the man from China?
3. What does Pippi do when the teacher asks the class to draw for a while, and why does she do this?
4. What do Tommy and Annika say to convince Pippi to go to school?
5. How does Annika feel when Pippi first suggests they ride her horse?
6. What does a girl walking by Pippi's gate ask, and how does Pippi respond?
7. What does Pippi do when a policeman grabs her to take her away?
8. What does Pippi do when Annika tells her that lying is not a good thing to do?
9. How does Pippi say she disciplines herself?
10. What happens when the officers get back on the ground?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Many different characters in this book were persuaded to do things that they would not have done of their own accord. What are some of these instances, and how does persuasion affect the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
Mrs. Settengren was a minor character whose presence made a big difference in the plot. How does she accomplish this? What are some ways that her presence, however brief, alters the outcome of the plot? What would have happened differently if she had not been in the book at all?
Essay Topic 3
Hope was a strong theme in this book. Where does this theme appear and which characters are most affected by it?
This section contains 790 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)