|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Pippi's father die?
2. Where did Pippi see a man with extremely large ears?
3. Where does Pippi say she learned to lie?
4. What does Pippi do to trap the police on the roof?
5. What does Pippi think her father is?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Pippi think happened to her father when he fell overboard on his ship?
2. What does a girl walking by Pippi's gate ask, and how does Pippi respond?
3. What does Annika ask Pippi when she first climbs into the tree, and how does Pippi respond?
4. What happens when the officers get back on the ground?
5. What do Tommy and Annika say to convince Pippi to go to school?
6. How is Pippi's garden different from the one at Tommy's house?
7. What does Pippi do when a policeman grabs her to take her away?
8. What does Pippi do when she first gets to the school?
9. How does Pippi say she disciplines herself?
10. What does Pippi say a Thing Finder is?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What role does symbolism play in the story and where does it appear? How is the plot altered by the presence of these symbols?
Essay Topic 2
Fear is a common theme in this book that is presented a number of times by a number of characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
Essay Topic 3
Which character do you relate with the most in this book? Why is this? How does this character change throughout the book?
This section contains 700 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)