|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Pippi doing when she tells the officer that she has traveled with her father?
2. What is the name of Pippi's house?
3. What is Pippi covered in when she greets Tommy and Annika on their second meeting?
4. What does one of the police officers say Pippi could learn at school?
5. How did Pippi's father die?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Pippi get ready for the coffee party?
2. What do Tommy and Annika do in the morning after their first meeting with Pippi?
3. How does Pippi become famous in the town?
4. What does Pippi do as she is leaving the school?
5. What game does Pippi want to play from within the tree?
6. How does Pippi scrub the floor in her house?
7. What does Pippi do when Annika tells her that lying is not a good thing to do?
8. What do the two thieves do when they first come into Pippi's house?
9. What do the thieves do after leaving Pippi's house for the first time?
10. What does Pippi look like?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the book. Where are some places that this theme appears, and how do the characters touched by it react? How do certain friendships change over the course of the book, and what causes these changes?
Essay Topic 2
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect the characters involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 3
Many different characters in this book were persuaded to do things that they would not have done of their own accord. What are some of these instances, and how does persuasion affect the course of the plot?
This section contains 1,279 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)