|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Pippi find in the jungle one time?
2. How does Pippi get to the school?
3. What is Pippi's father's name?
4. What does Pippi serve with her Swedish cookies?
5. What do Tommy and Annika hear that makes them leave Pippi's tree?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when the officers get back on the ground?
2. What does Pippi do when a police officer tells her she should be ashamed to not know the capital of Portugal?
3. What does Annika ask Pippi when she first climbs into the tree, and how does Pippi respond?
4. What does Pippi do when Annika tells her that lying is not a good thing to do?
5. What does Pippi do when a policeman grabs her to take her away?
6. What does Pippi give Tommy and Annika the first time they are in her house?
7. What does Pippi do when she first gets to the school?
8. What does Pippi say to Tommy and Annika about egg yolks?
9. What do Annika and Tommy find at the end of their search?
10. What game does Pippi want to play from within the tree?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Many different characters in this book were persuaded to do things that they would not have done of their own accord. What are some of these instances, and how does persuasion affect the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
There were a few different ideas about education in this book. Choose a few of the main characters and write what their ideas of education were and how these ideas affected their lives.
Essay Topic 3
Pippi endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials and what lessons does she learn through these experiences?
This section contains 730 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)