|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Annika feel when she hears what Pippi did with the police?
2. What month does Chapter 5 take place in?
3. Why does Pippi say she walks back to her house backwards?
4. How does Annika describe Pippi the morning after their first meeting?
5. What time do Tommy and Annika get out of school every day?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when the officers are both up on the roof of the house?
2. What do Tommy and Annika say to convince Pippi to go to school?
3. What does Pippi do when the teacher asks the class to draw for a while, and why does she do this?
4. What is Pippi's full name?
5. What does Pippi look like?
6. What does Annika ask Pippi when she first climbs into the tree, and how does Pippi respond?
7. How is Pippi's garden different from the one at Tommy's house?
8. What does Pippi do as she is leaving the school?
9. What do Annika and Tommy find at the end of their search?
10. What happens when the officers get back on the ground?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Tommy and Annika are almost mirror images of each other, and yet they have some notable differences. Using excerpts from the text, please compare and contrast these two characters and explain the significance they had in the plot.
Essay Topic 2
Fear is a common theme in this book that is presented a number of times by a number of characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
Essay Topic 3
There were a number of magical elements in this book. What are some of these elements, and how do they shape the setting of this plot?
This section contains 714 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)