|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Annika feel when Pippi says she wants to live in the tree?
2. What does Pippi say about the schools in Argentina?
3. What do the mean boys call Pippi when they first see her?
4. What does Pippi find in the tree that makes her very happy?
5. What is Pippi doing when she tells the officer that she has traveled with her father?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Pippi say she disciplines herself?
2. What does Pippi do when she finds a can on her search?
3. How is Pippi's garden different from the one at Tommy's house?
4. What does Pippi say a Thing Finder is?
5. What does Pippi say to Tommy and Annika about egg yolks?
6. What does Pippi do when the teacher asks the class to draw for a while, and why does she do this?
7. What does Pippi do when she first gets to the school?
8. What happens when the officers are both up on the roof of the house?
9. What is Pippi's full name?
10. What do Tommy and Annika say to convince Pippi to go to school?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are some of the forms of foreshadowing used in this book and how do those moments affect the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
Pippi had some very strange quirks. What are some of these oddities, where do they come from, and how does their inclusion in the book alter the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
The characters in this book all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affected the characters around them.
This section contains 718 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)