|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Pippi put Bengt after he teases her?
2. How does Pippi say the people in India walk?
3. Why does Pippi stay on the floor when the children all sing?
4. Where are Pippi's shoes from?
5. What does Pippi say makes hair grow?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Pippi do when Annika tells her that lying is not a good thing to do?
2. How does Pippi say she disciplines herself?
3. What does Pippi say to Tommy and Annika about egg yolks?
4. How does Pippi put herself to sleep?
5. How is Pippi's garden different from the one at Tommy's house?
6. What does Pippi say after she tells about the man from China?
7. What does a girl walking by Pippi's gate ask, and how does Pippi respond?
8. What does Pippi do when the teacher asks the class to draw for a while, and why does she do this?
9. What does Annika ask Pippi when she first climbs into the tree, and how does Pippi respond?
10. What does Pippi do when a policeman grabs her to take her away?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The characters in this book all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affected the characters around them.
Essay Topic 2
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect the characters involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 3
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the book. Where are some places that this theme appears, and how do the characters touched by it react? How do certain friendships change over the course of the book, and what causes these changes?
This section contains 819 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)