|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pippi do to trap the police on the roof?
2. Who made the dress that Pippi always wears?
3. What does Pippi make for Tommy and Annika while they are in the tree?
4. How did Pippi's father die?
5. How many police officers come into Pippi's yard?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the people of the town think when they find out Pippi lives alone?
2. How does Annika feel before and after she goes into the tree?
3. What does Pippi do when a police officer tells her she should be ashamed to not know the capital of Portugal?
4. What does a girl walking by Pippi's gate ask, and how does Pippi respond?
5. What does Pippi do when a policeman grabs her to take her away?
6. What does Pippi say after she tells about the man from China?
7. What does Pippi do when Annika tells her that lying is not a good thing to do?
8. What does Pippi say to Tommy and Annika about egg yolks?
9. How does Pippi say she disciplines herself?
10. What happens when the officers get back on the ground?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There were a few different ideas about education in this book. Choose a few of the main characters and write what their ideas of education were and how these ideas affected their lives.
Essay Topic 2
The characters in this book all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affected the characters around them.
Essay Topic 3
Generosity was a key theme in this book. Where does this theme appear and which characters are the most affected by it?
This section contains 789 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)