Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pippi say about the schools in Argentina?
2. What is Pippi's first whole name?
3. What did Annika used to play before Pippi arrived?
4. What does Pippi ask to learn when she first gets to school?
5. What did Pippi once kill in India?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Pippi say a Thing Finder is?
2. What is the Skyscraper?
3. Why does Pippi not know what to do on a Sunday afternoon?
4. What do the ladies at the party talk about, and how does Pippi respond to this?
5. How does Pippi say she disciplines herself?
6. What does Pippi do when a policeman grabs her to take her away?
7. How does Pippi become famous in the town?
8. What do the two thieves do when they first come into Pippi's house?
9. What happens when the thieves ask Pippi what time it is?
10. What does the teacher do when she gets frustrated with Pippi's behavior?
Mrs. Settengren was a minor character whose presence made a big difference in the plot. How does she accomplish this? What are some ways that her presence, however brief, alters the outcome of the plot? What would have happened differently if she had not been in the book at all?
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect the characters involved in those scenes?
How does Tommy's relationship with Annika change over the course of the plot? What causes these changes, and what significance does this have to the outcome of the book?
This section contains 657 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)