|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Pippi's father die?
2. How many police officers come into Pippi's yard?
3. Where is Tommy sitting at the beginning of Chapter 5?
4. What does Pippi make for Tommy and Annika while they are in the tree?
5. Where does Pippi say she learned to lie?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Pippi do when the teacher asks the class to draw for a while, and why does she do this?
2. What does Pippi do when she finds a can on her search?
3. What game does Pippi want to play from within the tree?
4. What is Pippi's full name?
5. What happens when the officers get back on the ground?
6. How does Pippi put herself to sleep?
7. What do the people of the town think when they find out Pippi lives alone?
8. What does Pippi think happened to her father when he fell overboard on his ship?
9. What does Annika ask Pippi when she first climbs into the tree, and how does Pippi respond?
10. What does Pippi say after she tells about the man from China?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect the characters involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 2
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the book. Where are some places that this theme appears, and how do the characters touched by it react? How do certain friendships change over the course of the book, and what causes these changes?
Essay Topic 3
The characters in this book all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affected the characters around them.
This section contains 737 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)