|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are Pippi's shoes from?
2. Where did Pippi see a man with extremely large ears?
3. What is Pippi strong enough to lift at the beginning of the book?
4. Why does Pippi say she walks back to her house backwards?
5. What does Pippi do with the item that she gets very excited about?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Pippi do when a police officer tells her she should be ashamed to not know the capital of Portugal?
2. What does Pippi look like?
3. How is Pippi's garden different from the one at Tommy's house?
4. What does Pippi say a Thing Finder is?
5. What does Pippi do when Bengt starts to tease her about her appearance?
6. How does Pippi say she disciplines herself?
7. What does Pippi do when a policeman grabs her to take her away?
8. What does the teacher do when she gets frustrated with Pippi's behavior?
9. What does Pippi do when she first gets to the school?
10. What does a girl walking by Pippi's gate ask, and how does Pippi respond?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
This book takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affected the course of the plot. Why might Lindgren have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
Essay Topic 2
What role does symbolism play in the story and where does it appear? How is the plot altered by the presence of these symbols?
Essay Topic 3
Pippi endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials and what lessons does she learn through these experiences?
This section contains 734 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)