|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Tommy and Annika have to do after school before visiting Pippi?
2. What does Pippi ask to learn when she first gets to school?
3. What do Tommy and Annika wish for?
4. What does Pippi say makes hair grow?
5. How does Pippi feel when she sees the police officers come into her yard?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Pippi get ready for the coffee party?
2. What happens when the officers are both up on the roof of the house?
3. What does Pippi do when the teacher asks the class to draw for a while, and why does she do this?
4. What does Pippi do when she first gets to the school?
5. What does Pippi do when Bengt starts to tease her about her appearance?
6. What does Pippi say a Thing Finder is?
7. What does Pippi say to Tommy and Annika about egg yolks?
8. What is the Skyscraper?
9. What do the ladies at the party talk about, and how does Pippi respond to this?
10. What do the two thieves do when they first come into Pippi's house?
Essay Topic 1
Fear is a common theme in this book that is presented a number of times by a number of characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
Essay Topic 2
Pippi had some very strange quirks. What are some of these oddities, where do they come from, and how does their inclusion in the book alter the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
Generosity was a key theme in this book. Where does this theme appear and which characters are the most affected by it?
This section contains 1,283 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)