|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of what Pippi is making when Annika and Tommy come over for the second time?
2. What does Tommy sing about while riding Pippi's horse?
3. What is Pippi's first whole name?
4. What does Annika see that comforts her about Pippi's stay in the tree?
5. What does Pippi make for Tommy and Annika the first time they meet?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when the officers are both up on the roof of the house?
2. What does Pippi do when Annika tells her that lying is not a good thing to do?
3. What does Pippi look like?
4. What does the teacher do when she gets frustrated with Pippi's behavior?
5. What does Annika ask Pippi when she first climbs into the tree, and how does Pippi respond?
6. What does Pippi do when the teacher asks the class to draw for a while, and why does she do this?
7. What does Pippi give Tommy and Annika the first time they are in her house?
8. What do Annika and Tommy find at the end of their search?
9. How does Pippi say she disciplines herself?
10. How does Pippi put herself to sleep?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the book. Where are some places that this theme appears, and how do the characters touched by it react? How do certain friendships change over the course of the book, and what causes these changes?
Essay Topic 2
Curiosity was a trait that a few characters possessed. Who are these characters and how does this trait affect their lives?
Essay Topic 3
Fear is a common theme in this book that is presented a number of times by a number of characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
This section contains 742 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)