|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the mean boys call Pippi when they first see her?
2. What does Pippi serve with her Swedish cookies?
3. What does the teacher say Pippi knows very little about?
4. How many boys are chasing the one boy?
5. What is on the card with the letter "s"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Pippi do when Bengt starts to tease her about her appearance?
2. What does Pippi do when a policeman grabs her to take her away?
3. What happens when the officers get back on the ground?
4. What does Pippi do when the teacher asks the class to draw for a while, and why does she do this?
5. What does Pippi say to Tommy and Annika about egg yolks?
6. What do Tommy and Annika say to convince Pippi to go to school?
7. How does Annika feel before and after she goes into the tree?
8. What does Pippi do when a police officer tells her she should be ashamed to not know the capital of Portugal?
9. How does Pippi say she disciplines herself?
10. How does Pippi put herself to sleep?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Many different characters in this book were persuaded to do things that they would not have done of their own accord. What are some of these instances, and how does persuasion affect the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
Tommy and Annika are almost mirror images of each other, and yet they have some notable differences. Using excerpts from the text, please compare and contrast these two characters and explain the significance they had in the plot.
Essay Topic 3
This book takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affected the course of the plot. Why might Lindgren have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
This section contains 755 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)