|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pippi say makes hair grow?
2. How many police officers come into Pippi's yard?
3. What do Tommy and Annika wish as they walk to school?
4. What does Pippi find that she gets very excited about?
5. Why does Pippi say she walks back to her house backwards?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Pippi look like?
2. What does Pippi do when she finds a can on her search?
3. What does Pippi do when a police officer tells her she should be ashamed to not know the capital of Portugal?
4. What does Pippi think happened to her father when he fell overboard on his ship?
5. What does the teacher do when she gets frustrated with Pippi's behavior?
6. How does Annika feel when Pippi first suggests they ride her horse?
7. What game does Pippi want to play from within the tree?
8. What is Pippi's full name?
9. What does Pippi do when she first gets to the school?
10. What does Pippi do when the teacher asks the class to draw for a while, and why does she do this?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There were a few different ideas about education in this book. Choose a few of the main characters and write what their ideas of education were and how these ideas affected their lives.
Essay Topic 2
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the book. Where are some places that this theme appears, and how do the characters touched by it react? How do certain friendships change over the course of the book, and what causes these changes?
Essay Topic 3
Pippi had some very strange quirks. What are some of these oddities, where do they come from, and how does their inclusion in the book alter the course of the plot?
This section contains 758 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)