|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Tommy get to the hole in the tree?
2. Why does Pippi say she walks back to her house backwards?
3. What does Pippi see on the ground that she wants to keep?
4. Where is Tommy sitting at the beginning of Chapter 5?
5. Where does Pippi tell Tommy to look for things?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Annika ask Pippi when she first climbs into the tree, and how does Pippi respond?
2. What does Pippi say after she tells about the man from China?
3. What do Tommy and Annika say to convince Pippi to go to school?
4. What do Tommy and Annika do in the morning after their first meeting with Pippi?
5. How does Pippi put herself to sleep?
6. What is Pippi's full name?
7. What does Pippi do when Annika tells her that lying is not a good thing to do?
8. What does Pippi do when a police officer tells her she should be ashamed to not know the capital of Portugal?
9. What does the teacher do when she gets frustrated with Pippi's behavior?
10. What does Pippi say a Thing Finder is?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Which character do you relate with the most in this book? Why is this? How does this character change throughout the book?
Essay Topic 2
What are some of the forms of foreshadowing used in this book and how do those moments affect the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
Fear is a common theme in this book that is presented a number of times by a number of characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
This section contains 759 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)