Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pippi say about the schools in Argentina?
2. What is Pippi's first whole name?
3. What did Annika used to play before Pippi arrived?
4. What does Pippi ask to learn when she first gets to school?
5. What did Pippi once kill in India?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Pippi say a Thing Finder is?
2. What is the Skyscraper?
3. Why does Pippi not know what to do on a Sunday afternoon?
4. What do the ladies at the party talk about, and how does Pippi respond to this?
5. How does Pippi say she disciplines herself?
6. What does Pippi do when a policeman grabs her to take her away?
7. How does Pippi become famous in the town?
8. What do the two thieves do when they first come into Pippi's house?
9. What happens when the thieves ask Pippi what time it is?
10. What does the teacher do when she gets frustrated with Pippi's behavior?
Essay Topic 1
There were a few different ideas about education in this book. Choose a few of the main characters and write what their ideas of education were and how these ideas affected their lives.
Essay Topic 2
Fear is a common theme in this book that is presented a number of times by a number of characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
Essay Topic 3
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the book. Where are some places that this theme appears, and how do the characters touched by it react? How do certain friendships change over the course of the book, and what causes these changes?
This section contains 670 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)