|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Pippi before the book began?
2. What does Pippi say she can do with a threadless spool she finds?
3. What was Pippi doing all night before her fight?
4. What time does Pippi go to school?
5. Who made the dress that Pippi always wears?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Pippi look like?
2. How does Annika feel when Pippi first suggests they ride her horse?
3. What does Pippi say after she tells about the man from China?
4. What does Pippi do when Bengt starts to tease her about her appearance?
5. What happens when the officers are both up on the roof of the house?
6. What do Tommy and Annika do in the morning after their first meeting with Pippi?
7. What do the people of the town think when they find out Pippi lives alone?
8. How is Pippi's garden different from the one at Tommy's house?
9. What does Pippi do when she finds a can on her search?
10. What do Tommy and Annika say to convince Pippi to go to school?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The characters in this book all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affected the characters around them.
Essay Topic 2
What are some of the forms of foreshadowing used in this book and how do those moments affect the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the book. Where are some places that this theme appears, and how do the characters touched by it react? How do certain friendships change over the course of the book, and what causes these changes?
This section contains 785 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)