|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pippi make for Tommy and Annika while they are in the tree?
(a) Mango juice.
2. What do the policemen say about Pippi after they leave her house?
(a) She can take care of herself.
(b) She is not right for the children's home.
(c) She is a strong and independent girl.
(d) She is crazy, but will manage alone nicely.
3. What is Pippi covered in when she greets Tommy and Annika on their second meeting?
4. Where does Pippi tell Tommy to look for things?
(a) In the woods.
(b) In the street.
(c) Around houses.
(d) On the sea shore.
5. What does Tommy sing about while riding Pippi's horse?
(a) The moon.
(c) The policemen.
(d) The Swedes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the people in town want to send Pippi when they find out she is an orphan?
2. What do Tommy and Annika wish for?
3. What is on the card with the letter "i"?
4. Why does the teacher tell Pippi she should not go to school?
5. What do Tommy and Annika have to do after school before visiting Pippi?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Pippi say a Thing Finder is?
2. What does a girl walking by Pippi's gate ask, and how does Pippi respond?
3. What does Pippi do when the teacher asks the class to draw for a while, and why does she do this?
4. What does Annika ask Pippi when she first climbs into the tree, and how does Pippi respond?
5. What happens when the officers are both up on the roof of the house?
6. What does Pippi think happened to her father when he fell overboard on his ship?
7. What does Pippi do when Bengt starts to tease her about her appearance?
8. What does Pippi say after she tells about the man from China?
9. What does Pippi give Tommy and Annika the first time they are in her house?
10. What is Pippi's full name?
This section contains 765 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)