|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Pippi strong enough to lift at the beginning of the book?
(a) A donkey.
(b) A bull.
(c) A cow.
(d) A horse.
2. How did Pippi's father die?
(a) Falling over the side of a ship.
(b) He was killed by burglars.
(c) A bag of gold fell on her head.
3. What time do Tommy and Annika get out of school every day?
(a) 3:00 pm.
(b) 1:00 pm.
(c) 4:00 pm.
(d) 2:00 pm.
4. What does Pippi do with the item that she gets very excited about?
(a) Holds cookies in it.
(b) Puts it on her head.
(c) Plants it in her garden.
(d) Swings on it from a tree.
5. What does Pippi find that she gets very excited about?
(a) A broken wheel.
(b) A can with a hole in it.
(c) A plastic bag.
(d) A rusted needle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of what Pippi is making when Annika and Tommy come over for the second time?
2. Why does Pippi say she will not go with the police officers to where they want to take her?
3. What did Annika used to play before Pippi arrived?
4. What does Pippi ask to learn when she first gets to school?
5. What does a police officer tell Pippi she would be ashamed not to know later on?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Pippi say she disciplines herself?
2. What does Annika ask Pippi when she first climbs into the tree, and how does Pippi respond?
3. How does Annika feel before and after she goes into the tree?
4. What does Pippi give Tommy and Annika the first time they are in her house?
5. What does Pippi do when she finds a can on her search?
6. What happens when the officers are both up on the roof of the house?
7. What do Tommy and Annika say to convince Pippi to go to school?
8. What does Pippi do when Bengt starts to tease her about her appearance?
9. What does Pippi look like?
10. What do the people of the town think when they find out Pippi lives alone?
This section contains 783 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)