|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pippi do when the band begins to play at the circus?
(a) Covers her ears.
(c) Plays with them.
2. What does Pippi do when she gets angry on the picnic?
(a) Washes her hair in the lake.
(b) Pulls on her braids.
(c) Jumps off the mailbox again.
(d) Throws her shoe in the lake.
3. What does Pippi make Bloom do?
(a) Brush Mr. Nilsson.
(b) Dance with her.
(c) Play the comb.
(d) Sing a song.
4. What does Tommy say was the best part of the circus?
(a) The tightrope walker.
(c) The bearded lady.
(d) The strongest man.
5. What is it doing when Pippi hears of the coffee party, and why is it ironic?
(a) There is no music.
(b) The tree has been cut down.
(c) The iron is not hot.
(d) It is raining.
6. How do Tommy and Annika get money to go to the circus?
(a) They ask their father.
(b) They do chores for their mother.
(c) They borrow some from Pippi.
(d) They find some on the street.
7. What does Annika tell Pippi is at the circus?
(a) Animals and Clowns.
(b) Freaks and Treats.
(c) Rides and Fun.
(d) People and Prizes.
8. What happens to the tallest building in town when Pippi is riding through town?
(a) It catches on fire.
(b) It begins to blow over.
(c) It shuts down.
(d) It is attacked.
9. What does Pippi do after beating the strongest man?
(a) Takes a nap.
(b) Talks to the ringmaster.
(c) Plays with the horses.
(d) Walks home.
10. What does Pippi like after coming out of the lake?
(a) Her new bathing ritual.
(b) Her squishy toes.
(c) Her clean hair.
(d) Her cool toes.
11. Why does Pippi tell the thieves she cannot get out of bed?
(a) She will not be told what to do.
(b) She is in her nightie.
(c) She does not want to.
(d) She is sleeping.
12. How many horses is the ringmaster riding?
13. How does the town learn about what Pippi did at the circus?
(a) It is in the newspaper.
(b) The ringmaster tells everyone about it.
(c) The people who were there talk about it.
(d) It is on the news that night.
14. What does Pippi do when the thieves jump on her?
(a) Knocks them unconscious.
(b) Puts them in her tub.
(c) Ties them up.
(d) Throws them out the window.
15. Where is the missing person at the picnic found?
(a) In the lake.
(b) In a pine tree.
(c) At a playground.
(d) Under the blanket.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tommy find in a field while on the picnic?
2. Who calls for a cheer for Pippi after she saves the boys?
3. What does Pippi do when she is done dancing?
4. How tall is the tallest building in town?
5. What color horse is Mrs. Carmencita standing on?
This section contains 471 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)