|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Annika's last name?
2. What is the Swedish word for thank you?
3. Where did Pippi learn to tie knots?
(a) From a book.
(b) In Girl Scouts.
(c) In the orphanage.
(d) At sea.
4. What kind of song do Tommy and Annika sing after the picnic?
(a) A scrubbing song.
(b) A picnic song.
(c) A harvest song.
(d) A summer song.
5. What does Pippi sing about after the picnic?
(a) The events of the day.
(b) Peruvian women.
(c) Her monkey.
(d) Life aboard a ship.
6. What does Pippi do when she gets angry on the picnic?
(a) Washes her hair in the lake.
(b) Throws her shoe in the lake.
(c) Jumps off the mailbox again.
(d) Pulls on her braids.
7. What does Pippi do when she is done dancing?
(a) Gives the thieves food.
(b) Goes to bed.
(c) Calls the police.
(d) Wakes the thieves.
8. Why does Pippi tell the thieves she cannot get out of bed?
(a) She is sleeping.
(b) She does not want to.
(c) She will not be told what to do.
(d) She is in her nightie.
9. What do the two thieves plan to ask from Pippi when they first get to her house?
(a) Some money.
(b) Some food.
(d) A place to stay.
10. What is Pippi doing when she first hears about Tommy's mother's coffee party?
(a) Ironing clothes.
(b) Watering flowers.
(c) Climbing a tree.
11. Who does Pippi return the boys to after they are saved?
(a) The police officer.
(b) Their father.
(c) Their mother.
(d) The pastor.
12. What does Pippi call the silver coins?
(a) White coins.
(b) Light coins.
(c) Strange coins.
(d) Useless coins.
13. What is it doing when Pippi hears of the coffee party, and why is it ironic?
(a) The tree has been cut down.
(b) There is no music.
(c) It is raining.
(d) The iron is not hot.
14. How does Pippi spell circus?
15. Why do the guards NOT throw Pippi out when the ringmaster tells them to?
(a) They don't like the ringmaster.
(b) They don't want to hurt the girl.
(c) They cannot move her.
(d) She runs away from them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the maid's name at Tommy's house?
2. What does Pippi say the perfect picnic spot needs?
3. What does Pippi jump off of during the picnic?
4. Who calls for a cheer for Pippi after she saves the boys?
5. What does Pippi do with the cakes at the coffee party?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)