|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is it doing when Pippi hears of the coffee party, and why is it ironic?
(a) The iron is not hot.
(b) The tree has been cut down.
(c) There is no music.
(d) It is raining.
2. What is the maid's name at Tommy's house?
3. Who calls for a cheer for Pippi after she saves the boys?
(a) The boys' mother.
(b) The boys.
(c) The fire chief.
(d) Mr. Nilsson.
4. Why do the guards NOT throw Pippi out when the ringmaster tells them to?
(a) They cannot move her.
(b) She runs away from them.
(c) They don't like the ringmaster.
(d) They don't want to hurt the girl.
5. Where did Pippi learn to cook?
(a) From cook books.
(b) From the cook on her father's ship.
(c) From her imagination.
(d) From the maid.
6. What does Pippi make Thunder Karlson do?
(a) Brush Mr. Nilsson.
(b) Dance with her.
(c) Sing a song.
(d) Play the comb.
7. What does Pippi like after coming out of the lake?
(a) Her squishy toes.
(b) Her clean hair.
(c) Her new bathing ritual.
(d) Her cool toes.
8. What does Pippi do when the thieves jump on her?
(a) Knocks them unconscious.
(b) Ties them up.
(c) Throws them out the window.
(d) Puts them in her tub.
9. What does Pippi do with the cakes at the coffee party?
(a) Dips them in her coffee.
(b) Feeds them to her horse.
(c) Puts them in her pockets.
(d) Puts them between her toes.
10. Why does Pippi tell the thieves she cannot get out of bed?
(a) She does not want to.
(b) She is sleeping.
(c) She will not be told what to do.
(d) She is in her nightie.
11. Where is the missing person at the picnic found?
(a) Under the blanket.
(b) At a playground.
(c) In the lake.
(d) In a pine tree.
12. What kind of song do Tommy and Annika sing after the picnic?
(a) A picnic song.
(b) A harvest song.
(c) A summer song.
(d) A scrubbing song.
13. Where does Pippi ask Tommy and Annika to sit while she takes advantage of the vacation?
(a) In the tree.
(b) On the table.
(c) In the bathtub.
(d) On her bed.
14. What do the two thieves plan to ask from Pippi when they first get to her house?
(a) A place to stay.
(b) Some food.
(d) Some money.
15. What does Pippi sing about after the picnic?
(a) Life aboard a ship.
(b) The events of the day.
(c) Peruvian women.
(d) Her monkey.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pippi have to move out of the way on the way to the picnic?
2. How does Pippi spell circus?
3. How does the town learn about what Pippi did at the circus?
4. What happens to the tallest building in town when Pippi is riding through town?
5. What does Pippi chastise the thieves for when they first come into her house?
This section contains 516 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)