|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Pippi doing when the thieves first see her?
(a) Baking some cookies.
(b) Singing a song.
(c) Counting her gold.
(d) Moving her horse.
2. What does Pippi do when she gets angry on the picnic?
(a) Pulls on her braids.
(b) Jumps off the mailbox again.
(c) Throws her shoe in the lake.
(d) Washes her hair in the lake.
3. Where does Pippi say Mr. Nilsson is sleeping?
(a) The tree.
(b) The roof.
(c) The kitchen sink.
(d) The little bed.
4. How does Tommy get hurt when they first get to the picnic?
(a) He falls in a hole.
(b) He trips over a big rock.
(c) He hits his head on a tree branch.
(d) He cuts his thumb.
5. What kind of vacation do Tommy and Annika get in Chapter 6?
(a) Home Spun Vacation.
(b) Harvest Vacation.
(c) Mid-term Vacation.
(d) Scrubbing Vacation.
6. Who does Tommy's mother think ate her pie?
(c) The ladies.
7. What does Pippi have to move out of the way on the way to the picnic?
(a) A pile of bricks.
(b) A car.
(c) A sleeping man.
(d) A cow.
8. What do the thieves wait for after they leave Pippi's house for the first time?
(a) Their third partner to show up.
(b) Mr. Nilsson to leave.
(c) The sun to set.
(d) Pippi to go to sleep.
9. What does Pippi call the money the ringmaster tries to give her for winning?
(a) Silly stuffing.
(b) Strange pictures.
(c) Pocket change.
(d) Old paper.
10. What does Pippi say she has to order herself to do?
(a) Enter someone else's house.
(c) Be outgoing.
(d) Give compliments.
11. What does Pippi make Bloom do?
(a) Sing a song.
(b) Dance with her.
(c) Play the comb.
(d) Brush Mr. Nilsson.
12. What is Pippi doing while the thieves are waiting outside her house?
13. What does Thunder Karlson call himself?
(a) A wandering soul.
(b) A master thief.
(c) A hungry bum.
(d) A stranger.
14. What does Miss Elvira do at the circus?
(a) Walks on a tightrope.
(b) Tames lions.
(c) Swings on the trapeze.
15. What does Pippi use for make-up?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pippi hope she can do while at the coffee party?
2. What color horse is Mrs. Carmencita standing on?
3. What is it doing when Pippi hears of the coffee party, and why is it ironic?
4. How does the town learn about what Pippi did at the circus?
5. Where did Pippi learn to tie knots?
This section contains 450 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)