|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Tommy get hurt when they first get to the picnic?
(a) He falls in a hole.
(b) He hits his head on a tree branch.
(c) He trips over a big rock.
(d) He cuts his thumb.
2. What do the thieves do when they hear that Pippi has no parents?
3. What is Pippi doing when she first hears about Tommy's mother's coffee party?
(b) Climbing a tree.
(c) Watering flowers.
(d) Ironing clothes.
4. How does Pippi find out about Tommy's mother's coffee party?
(a) She receives an invitation in the mail.
(b) Tommy's mother invites her.
(c) A woman who is invited asks her to come.
(d) Tommy and Annika tell her.
5. Where did Pippi learn to tie knots?
(a) At sea.
(b) In Girl Scouts.
(c) From a book.
(d) In the orphanage.
6. What time do the thieves leave Pippi's house?
(a) 5:00 am.
(b) 2:00 am.
(c) 3:00 am.
(d) 4:00 am.
7. What does Pippi hope she can do while at the coffee party?
(a) Act properly.
(b) Wear a new dress.
(c) Drink some coffee.
(d) Show off her dancing.
8. What does Thunder Karlson call himself?
(a) A stranger.
(b) A master thief.
(c) A hungry bum.
(d) A wandering soul.
9. What does Pippi jump off of during the picnic?
(a) The horse's back.
(b) A rock.
(c) A mailbox.
(d) A tree.
10. What is the Swedish word for thank you?
11. What does Pippi call the money the ringmaster tries to give her for winning?
(a) Strange pictures.
(b) Silly stuffing.
(c) Old paper.
(d) Pocket change.
12. Where did Pippi learn to cook?
(a) From the maid.
(b) From her imagination.
(c) From cook books.
(d) From the cook on her father's ship.
13. What does Pippi call the silver coins?
(a) Light coins.
(b) White coins.
(c) Useless coins.
(d) Strange coins.
14. Where does Pippi say she learned to behave?
(a) In a children's home.
(b) At sea.
(c) In Peru.
(d) In a prison.
15. Where does Pippi say Mr. Nilsson is sleeping?
(a) The roof.
(b) The little bed.
(c) The tree.
(d) The kitchen sink.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pippi chastise the thieves for when they first come into her house?
2. What does Pippi say the perfect picnic spot needs?
3. What is Pippi doing to her horse when Tommy tells her about the circus?
4. Why do the guards NOT throw Pippi out when the ringmaster tells them to?
5. What does Pippi do when she is done dancing?
This section contains 448 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)