|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Pippi say she learned to lie?
(b) New Zealand.
(c) The Amazon.
(d) The Congo.
2. What does Annika see that comforts her about Pippi's stay in the tree?
(a) Pippi's braid.
(b) A large crack.
(c) Pippi's finger.
(d) An exit hole.
3. How does Annika feel when Pippi says she wants to live in the tree?
4. What does Tommy describe school as being to Pippi?
5. Why does Pippi decide to go to school?
(a) She wants to be smart.
(b) She wants to play with Tommy and Annika.
(c) She wants to be like other children.
(d) She wants a Christmas vacation.
6. Why can't Tommy climb the trees at his house?
(a) They might upset the fruit.
(b) His mother will not let him.
(c) There are beehives in the trees.
(d) They are too small.
7. Where did Pippi see a man with extremely large ears?
8. What time do Tommy and Annika go to school?
(a) 8:00 am.
(b) 9:00 am.
(c) 10:00 am.
(d) 7:00 am.
9. Where does Pippi put Bengt after he teases her?
(a) On top of a barn.
(b) On a cart.
(c) In a tree.
(d) In the river.
10. How does Pippi get to the school?
(a) Walks on her hands.
(b) Rides her horse.
(d) Gets a ride from a policeman.
11. What is the name of Pippi's monkey?
(a) Mr. Nero.
(b) Mr. Nighto.
(c) Mr. Newton.
(d) Mr. Nilsson.
12. What is Pippi strong enough to lift at the beginning of the book?
(a) A bull.
(b) A cow.
(c) A donkey.
(d) A horse.
13. What does Pippi see on the ground that she wants to keep?
(a) A sleeping man.
(b) A school bell.
(c) A dog.
(d) A giant boulder.
14. What does Pippi serve with her Swedish cookies?
(d) Apple cider.
15. What does Pippi lift the police officers by?
(a) Their belts.
(b) Their boots.
(c) The scruff of their necks.
(d) Their hair.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Pippi stay on the floor when the children all sing?
2. What does one of the police officers say Pippi could learn at school?
3. What is on the card with the letter "i"?
4. What color eyes does the girl's missing father have?
5. Where does Pippi put the police officers when she is done 'playing'?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)