Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pippi say about the schools in Argentina?
(a) They stay outside all day.
(b) They never have vacations.
(c) They learn to dance.
(d) They have no lessons.
2. What is Pippi's first whole name?
3. What did Annika used to play before Pippi arrived?
4. What does Pippi ask to learn when she first gets to school?
5. What did Pippi once kill in India?
(a) A man-eating snake.
(b) A herd of antelope.
(c) A charging elephant.
(d) A tiger.
6. What kind of tree does Pippi suggest Tommy and Annika try climbing?
7. What does Pippi think her mother is?
(a) An angel.
(b) A voice in the wind.
(c) A cannibal queen.
(d) A mermaid.
8. What does Pippi serve with her Swedish cookies?
(d) Apple cider.
9. What does a police officer say Pippi can't do?
(a) Whatever she wants.
(b) Ignore the law.
(c) Wait for her father.
(d) Live alone.
10. What do Tommy and Annika wish as they walk to school?
(a) That they could learn from Pippi.
(b) That they could be orphans.
(c) That it was summertime.
(d) That Pippi could go with them.
11. How does Tommy get to the hole in the tree?
(a) He climbs.
(b) He jumps with a trampoline.
(c) He gets on the roof.
(d) A ladder.
12. Where do the people in town want to send Pippi when they find out she is an orphan?
(a) An orphanage.
(b) A boarding school.
(c) A children's home.
(d) A monastery.
13. What does Pippi find that she gets very excited about?
(a) A broken wheel.
(b) A rusted needle.
(c) A can with a hole in it.
(d) A plastic bag.
14. What is Pippi strong enough to lift at the beginning of the book?
(a) A cow.
(b) A horse.
(c) A donkey.
(d) A bull.
15. Where does Pippi tell Tommy to look for things?
(a) Around houses.
(b) In the street.
(c) On the sea shore.
(d) In the woods.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Pippi NOT mind not having parents?
2. Why does Pippi say she will not go with the police officers to where they want to take her?
3. How do the police officers get onto the roof while trying to catch Pippi?
4. Where was Pippi before the book began?
5. What does Pippi say they can play while she is in the tree?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)