|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the policemen say about Pippi after they leave her house?
(a) She is not right for the children's home.
(b) She is a strong and independent girl.
(c) She is crazy, but will manage alone nicely.
(d) She can take care of herself.
2. What did Annika used to play before Pippi arrived?
3. What does Pippi say they can play while she is in the tree?
4. What did Pippi once kill in India?
(a) A charging elephant.
(b) A tiger.
(c) A man-eating snake.
(d) A herd of antelope.
5. What does Pippi tell Tommy and Annika that she is during their second meeting?
(a) A Thing Giver.
(b) A Thing Keeper.
(c) A Thing Hider.
(d) A Thing Finder.
6. What does Pippi make for Tommy and Annika the first time they meet?
(b) Ice cream.
(d) Turkey legs.
7. What does Pippi say she can do with a threadless spool she finds?
(a) Plant it in her thing garden.
(b) Paint patterns.
(c) Blow bubbles.
(d) Start a collection.
8. Why does Pippi decide to go to school?
(a) She wants to be like other children.
(b) She wants to be smart.
(c) She wants a Christmas vacation.
(d) She wants to play with Tommy and Annika.
9. How does Annika feel when she hears what Pippi did with the police?
10. Where is Tommy sitting at the beginning of Chapter 5?
(a) On the horse.
(b) On a gate.
(c) In a tree.
(d) In a rocking chair.
11. Where was Pippi before the book began?
(a) At sea.
(b) In the desert.
(c) In an orphanage.
(d) On a mountain.
12. What is Pippi strong enough to lift at the beginning of the book?
(a) A horse.
(b) A cow.
(c) A bull.
(d) A donkey.
13. What time do Tommy and Annika get out of school every day?
(a) 2:00 pm.
(b) 4:00 pm.
(c) 3:00 pm.
(d) 1:00 pm.
14. Where does Pippi say she learned to lie?
(a) The Congo.
(c) The Amazon.
(d) New Zealand.
15. What color eyes does the girl's missing father have?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the people in town want to send Pippi when they find out she is an orphan?
2. What does Pippi say about the schools in Argentina?
3. What does a police officer say Pippi can't do?
4. What does Annika find in a tree stump?
5. What is on the card with the letter "s"?
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)