|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Pippi once kill in India?
(a) A man-eating snake.
(b) A charging elephant.
(c) A tiger.
(d) A herd of antelope.
2. How did Pippi's father die?
(b) Falling over the side of a ship.
(c) He was killed by burglars.
(d) A bag of gold fell on her head.
3. How did Pippi's mother die?
(a) A bag of gold fell on her head.
(d) Falling over the side of a ship.
4. What kind of tree does Pippi suggest Tommy and Annika try climbing?
5. What does Tommy find in a hollow tree?
(a) A coloring book.
(b) A textbook.
(c) A picture book.
(d) A notebook and pencil.
6. What is on the card with the letter "i"?
(d) Ice cream.
7. How does Tommy get to the hole in the tree?
(a) A ladder.
(b) He climbs.
(c) He jumps with a trampoline.
(d) He gets on the roof.
8. What does Tommy sing about while riding Pippi's horse?
(a) The Swedes.
(b) The policemen.
(d) The moon.
9. What does Pippi see on the ground that she wants to keep?
(a) A sleeping man.
(b) A giant boulder.
(c) A dog.
(d) A school bell.
10. What does Annika find in a tree stump?
(a) A bracelet.
(b) A necklace.
(c) A ring.
(d) An earring.
11. Why does Pippi say she will not go with the police officers to where they want to take her?
(a) It does not allow animals.
(b) She has responsibilities at her home.
(c) She likes to live alone.
(d) Her father would never find her there.
12. What do the policemen say about Pippi after they leave her house?
(a) She is not right for the children's home.
(b) She can take care of herself.
(c) She is crazy, but will manage alone nicely.
(d) She is a strong and independent girl.
13. Where was Pippi before the book began?
(a) In an orphanage.
(b) On a mountain.
(c) In the desert.
(d) At sea.
14. What does Pippi find in the tree that makes her very happy?
(a) A beehive.
(b) A snake.
(c) A hollow.
(d) An old blouse.
15. What does Annika see that comforts her about Pippi's stay in the tree?
(a) A large crack.
(b) Pippi's braid.
(c) Pippi's finger.
(d) An exit hole.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the one boy being chased by the group?
2. Who made the dress that Pippi always wears?
3. How many boys are chasing the one boy?
4. Why does Pippi decide to go to school?
5. Where does Pippi tell Tommy to look for things?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)