|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the policemen say about Pippi after they leave her house?
(a) She is a strong and independent girl.
(b) She is not right for the children's home.
(c) She is crazy, but will manage alone nicely.
(d) She can take care of herself.
2. How does Annika describe Pippi the morning after their first meeting?
(a) The crazy girl with the oversized shoes.
(b) The orphan girl with the monkey.
(c) The neighbor girl with the bag of gold.
(d) The funny girl with the crazy lies.
3. What does Pippi lift the police officers by?
(a) The scruff of their necks.
(b) Their boots.
(c) Their hair.
(d) Their belts.
4. What does Pippi think her father is?
(a) An angel.
(b) A merman.
(c) A voice in the wind.
(d) A cannibal king.
5. What does Pippi see on the ground that she wants to keep?
(a) A sleeping man.
(b) A dog.
(c) A giant boulder.
(d) A school bell.
6. What do Tommy and Annika wish as they walk to school?
(a) That Pippi could go with them.
(b) That it was summertime.
(c) That they could be orphans.
(d) That they could learn from Pippi.
7. Where did Pippi see a man with extremely large ears?
8. What does Pippi say they can play while she is in the tree?
9. What color eyes does the girl's missing father have?
10. What does Tommy describe school as being to Pippi?
11. What do Tommy and Annika wish for?
(a) Time away from their mother.
(b) Someone to play with.
(c) Someone to help.
(d) New adventures.
12. Where does Pippi put the police officers when she is done 'playing'?
(a) Their car.
(b) A lake.
(c) The street.
(d) A tree.
13. What does Pippi keep on her porch?
(a) A peach tree.
(b) A horse.
(c) A bag of gold.
(d) A mailbox.
14. What does Annika see that comforts her about Pippi's stay in the tree?
(a) Pippi's braid.
(b) A large crack.
(c) An exit hole.
(d) Pippi's finger.
15. Why can't Tommy climb the trees at his house?
(a) There are beehives in the trees.
(b) They are too small.
(c) His mother will not let him.
(d) They might upset the fruit.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Pippi decide to go to school?
2. What did Pippi once kill in India?
3. Where does Pippi say she learned to lie?
4. What does Tommy sing about while riding Pippi's horse?
5. Where is Tommy sitting at the beginning of Chapter 5?
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)