|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Pippi doing all night before her fight?
(b) Catching frogs.
(d) Playing ball.
2. What kind of tree does Pippi suggest Tommy and Annika try climbing?
3. How old is Pippi when the book begins?
4. What do the policemen say about Pippi after they leave her house?
(a) She is not right for the children's home.
(b) She can take care of herself.
(c) She is a strong and independent girl.
(d) She is crazy, but will manage alone nicely.
5. What does Pippi find in the tree that makes her very happy?
(a) A snake.
(b) A beehive.
(c) A hollow.
(d) An old blouse.
6. Where do the people in town want to send Pippi when they find out she is an orphan?
(a) A children's home.
(b) A boarding school.
(c) A monastery.
(d) An orphanage.
7. What is on the card with the letter "s"?
8. Why does Pippi say she walks back to her house backwards?
(a) It takes less effort.
(b) It is fun.
(c) It is the new style.
(d) It is legal.
9. What is Pippi doing when she tells the officer that she has traveled with her father?
(a) Standing on her hands.
(b) Twirling around.
(c) Lifting her horse.
(d) Petting her monkey.
10. What does Pippi say makes hair grow?
(c) Vegetable oil.
(d) Egg yolk.
11. Why does Pippi NOT mind not having parents?
(a) There is no one to tell her what to do.
(b) Her father used to beat her.
(c) They were cruel to her.
(d) She did not love them.
12. How did Pippi's mother die?
(a) Falling over the side of a ship.
(b) A bag of gold fell on her head.
13. How many police officers come into Pippi's yard?
14. Where was Pippi before the book began?
(a) At sea.
(b) In an orphanage.
(c) On a mountain.
(d) In the desert.
15. What is Pippi covered in when she greets Tommy and Annika on their second meeting?
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the police officers get onto the roof while trying to catch Pippi?
2. What do Tommy and Annika hear that makes them leave Pippi's tree?
3. What did Annika used to play before Pippi arrived?
4. What does Pippi make for Tommy and Annika the first time they meet?
5. What does Annika find in a tree stump?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)