|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pippi see on the ground that she wants to keep?
(a) A dog.
(b) A school bell.
(c) A giant boulder.
(d) A sleeping man.
2. What does Tommy sing about while riding Pippi's horse?
(a) The moon.
(b) The policemen.
(c) The Swedes.
3. What does Annika see that comforts her about Pippi's stay in the tree?
(a) A large crack.
(b) An exit hole.
(c) Pippi's braid.
(d) Pippi's finger.
4. What do Tommy and Annika hear that makes them leave Pippi's tree?
(a) Their mother calling.
(b) A bell tower.
(d) The dinner bell.
5. Where does Pippi say she learned to lie?
(a) New Zealand.
(c) The Amazon.
(d) The Congo.
6. How does Tommy get to the hole in the tree?
(a) A ladder.
(b) He gets on the roof.
(c) He jumps with a trampoline.
(d) He climbs.
7. How does Pippi get to the school?
(a) Walks on her hands.
(b) Gets a ride from a policeman.
(c) Rides her horse.
8. What does Pippi say she can do with a threadless spool she finds?
(a) Blow bubbles.
(b) Plant it in her thing garden.
(c) Paint patterns.
(d) Start a collection.
9. What does Pippi serve with her Swedish cookies?
(a) Apple cider.
10. Why does Pippi decide to go to school?
(a) She wants to be like other children.
(b) She wants a Christmas vacation.
(c) She wants to be smart.
(d) She wants to play with Tommy and Annika.
11. How does Pippi say the people in India walk?
(a) With their faces to the sky.
(c) On their hands.
(d) With their hands on their hips.
12. What do Tommy and Annika wish as they walk to school?
(a) That it was summertime.
(b) That Pippi could go with them.
(c) That they could learn from Pippi.
(d) That they could be orphans.
13. What is the name of Pippi's monkey?
(a) Mr. Nilsson.
(b) Mr. Newton.
(c) Mr. Nighto.
(d) Mr. Nero.
14. Where do the people in town want to send Pippi when they find out she is an orphan?
(a) A children's home.
(b) A boarding school.
(c) A monastery.
(d) An orphanage.
15. How does Annika feel when she hears what Pippi did with the police?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pippi tell Tommy and Annika that she is during their second meeting?
2. What is Pippi's first whole name?
3. How did Pippi's father die?
4. Why does Pippi stay on the floor when the children all sing?
5. What was Pippi doing all night before her fight?
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)