|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Tommy and Annika have to do after school before visiting Pippi?
(a) Their homework.
(b) Their chores.
(c) Their reading.
(d) Their recitations.
2. What does Pippi say about the schools in Argentina?
(a) They never have vacations.
(b) They stay outside all day.
(c) They have no lessons.
(d) They learn to dance.
3. Why does Pippi say she will not go with the police officers to where they want to take her?
(a) She likes to live alone.
(b) She has responsibilities at her home.
(c) It does not allow animals.
(d) Her father would never find her there.
4. How does Annika describe Pippi the morning after their first meeting?
(a) The neighbor girl with the bag of gold.
(b) The crazy girl with the oversized shoes.
(c) The orphan girl with the monkey.
(d) The funny girl with the crazy lies.
5. What kind of tree does Pippi suggest Tommy and Annika try climbing?
6. How does Annika feel when she hears what Pippi did with the police?
7. What does Pippi find that she gets very excited about?
(a) A can with a hole in it.
(b) A broken wheel.
(c) A plastic bag.
(d) A rusted needle.
8. What is the name of the one boy being chased by the group?
9. Why does Pippi decide to go to school?
(a) She wants to play with Tommy and Annika.
(b) She wants to be like other children.
(c) She wants a Christmas vacation.
(d) She wants to be smart.
10. How does Pippi feel when she sees the police officers come into her yard?
11. What time does Pippi go to school?
(a) 7:00 am.
(b) 8:00 am.
(c) 9:00 am.
(d) 10:00 am.
12. What is Pippi strong enough to lift at the beginning of the book?
(a) A horse.
(b) A cow.
(c) A bull.
(d) A donkey.
13. Where are Pippi's shoes from?
(a) South America.
14. What is on the card with the letter "s"?
15. What do Tommy and Annika wish for?
(a) Someone to help.
(b) Time away from their mother.
(c) New adventures.
(d) Someone to play with.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Pippi say the people in India walk?
2. What does Pippi think her father is?
3. Where was Pippi before the book began?
4. What does Pippi say makes hair grow?
5. What do the policemen say about Pippi after they leave her house?
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)