|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Pippi's monkey?
(a) Mr. Nilsson.
(b) Mr. Nighto.
(c) Mr. Newton.
(d) Mr. Nero.
2. What time do Tommy and Annika go to school?
(a) 10:00 am.
(b) 9:00 am.
(c) 7:00 am.
(d) 8:00 am.
3. What does Pippi tell Tommy and Annika that she is during their second meeting?
(a) A Thing Finder.
(b) A Thing Giver.
(c) A Thing Hider.
(d) A Thing Keeper.
4. Where does Pippi say she learned to lie?
(a) The Congo.
(b) New Zealand.
(d) The Amazon.
5. Where are Pippi's shoes from?
(a) South America.
6. What does one of the police officers say Pippi could learn at school?
(a) Multiplication tables.
7. How does Pippi say the people in India walk?
(a) With their hands on their hips.
(b) With their faces to the sky.
(d) On their hands.
8. What does Pippi ask to learn when she first gets to school?
9. What did Annika used to play before Pippi arrived?
10. What do the policemen say about Pippi after they leave her house?
(a) She is a strong and independent girl.
(b) She can take care of herself.
(c) She is crazy, but will manage alone nicely.
(d) She is not right for the children's home.
11. What does Pippi make for Tommy and Annika while they are in the tree?
(b) Mango juice.
12. What does Pippi find in the tree that makes her very happy?
(a) An old blouse.
(b) A beehive.
(c) A snake.
(d) A hollow.
13. Why does the teacher tell Pippi she should not go to school?
(a) She behaves badly.
(b) She does not fit in.
(c) She cannot listen.
(d) She does not know enough.
14. Where is Tommy sitting at the beginning of Chapter 5?
(a) On a gate.
(b) In a rocking chair.
(c) On the horse.
(d) In a tree.
15. Where was Pippi before the book began?
(a) In the desert.
(b) In an orphanage.
(c) At sea.
(d) On a mountain.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pippi think her mother is?
2. Where does Pippi put the police officers when she is done 'playing'?
3. What color eyes does the girl's missing father have?
4. Why does Pippi decide to go to school?
5. What was Pippi doing all night before her fight?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)