|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. If a town did not have a schoolhouse, where would the teacher hold class?
(a) In a dugout.
(b) In her own home.
(c) In the dry good store.
(d) In the church.
2. Which of the following might have served as a church in early frontier life?
(b) Community center.
(c) Clearing in the woods.
(d) Individual homes.
3. In addition to temperance what other issue was important to Kansas women in the late 1850s?
(c) Women's suffrage.
(d) Birth control.
4. What was an issue of constant tension in Kansas from its very beginning?
5. When newspapers grew they became more subjective and filled with _______________.
(c) Weather reports.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one of the reasons that homesteaders liked cowboys coming through their territory?
2. One way that families made money to fund a church was __________________.
3. Who founded the immigrant community of Victoria?
4. The majority of prairie teachers were _________________.
5. Kansas was predominantly ______________ at this time.
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)