|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which group fought fiercely for Kansas in the slavery issue?
(c) Pro-slavery proponents.
2. How many years did the town of Victoria last?
3. In what year did Kansas decide to become a state?
4. Between what years did the majority of cattle drives take place on the American frontier?
5. Which of the following did the cowboys do in town once the cattle drive was over?
(a) Wrote letters home.
(b) Went to church.
(c) Settled in town.
(d) Got cleaned up at the Barber Shop.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what is Carry Nation best known?
2. When a General Store grew, it divided into separate departments that could include ______________.
3. What is one of the reasons that homesteaders did not like cowboys coming through their territory?
4. Why did circuit riding become popular among frontier preachers?
5. In what year did Kansas women win the federal right to vote?
Short Essay Questions
1. What functions did a general store have in a frontier town and what role did women play in these establishments?
2. Who was John Brown and what was his role in the slavery issue in Kansas?
3. Who was Susannah Medora Salter and for what is she famous?
4. Who was William C. Quantrill and what is he famous for during the Civil War?
5. Why was the town of Osawatomie attacked by pro-slavery forces in 1856?
6. When was Kansas officially declared a state and how long had the process taken?
7. Explain the slavery issue in Kansas and what the Kansas-Nebraska Ace of 1854 decided.
8. In what woman's issue was Kansas one of the most progressive states in the Union?
9. What was the most popular immigrant community in Kansas and what eventually happened to the town and its founder?
10. What nationalities of immigrants moved into Kansas during the pioneer days?
This section contains 888 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)