|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What business became the hub of the frontier town?
(c) General store.
2. Why did Texas ranchers have to rely on cattle drives?
(a) They needed to thwart rustlers.
(b) Their cattle counts grew too fast.
(c) They did not have railroads.
(d) That was their main industry.
3. People of which nationality immigrated to settle in Kansas?
4. What is one of the reasons that homesteaders did not like cowboys coming through their territory?
(a) They got drunk in town.
(b) They flirted with the girls in town.
(c) They were dirty and refused to bathe.
(d) The cows stomped crops.
5. For the most part there was no _____________ in Kansas, especially by the start of the Civil War.
Short Answer Questions
1. Children had to spread their time between school and _____________.
2. William C. Quantrill's most famous exploit against a Federal prison left 200 buildings in ruins and killed _______ people.
3. General stores also served as _____________.
4. Who founded the immigrant community of Victoria?
5. One way that families made money to fund a church was __________________.
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)