|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the most notorious leader of the guerilla warfare Confederates?
(a) William C. Quantrill.
(b) Wade Stewart.
(c) Wallace E. Beauregard.
(d) William J. Lawrence.
2. In what year did Kansas women win the right to vote in city elections?
3. People of which nationality immigrated to settle in Kansas?
4. For the most part there was no _____________ in Kansas, especially by the start of the Civil War.
5. How many people comprised an average School Board?
6. What location in a frontier town was popular as a rest stop for travelers?
(d) Dry Good Store.
7. What was the most famous immigrant community in Kansas?
8. In addition to temperance what other issue was important to Kansas women in the late 1850s?
(b) Women's suffrage.
(d) Birth control.
9. Which of the following was true for most frontier hotels?
(a) Room service available.
(b) Fireplace in every room.
(c) They were brothels.
(d) Small guest rooms.
10. How many English people were attracted to settle in Victoria?
11. What business became the hub of the frontier town?
(d) General store.
12. Which of the following served as furnishings in early frontier churches?
(a) Windsor chairs.
(b) Brocade drapes.
(c) Backless benches.
13. In what year was the statewide Equal Suffrage Association created?
14. As the frontier became settled and a new society emerged, there was a need for _______________.
15. Which of the following meant the end to open range cattle drives?
(a) Increased fencing.
(b) East Coast ranches.
(c) ASPCA movement.
(d) Vegetarian movement.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one of the reasons that homesteaders liked cowboys coming through their territory?
2. Which group fought fiercely for Kansas in the slavery issue?
3. Why did circuit riding become popular among frontier preachers?
4. Which of the following might have served as a church in early frontier life?
5. How many years did the town of Victoria last?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)