|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the weight of the average sod house?
(a) 10 tons.
(b) 2 tons.
(c) 5 tons.
(d) 90 tons.
2. What is the method used to find water in underground springs?
(a) Plot maps.
(c) Water witching.
(d) Indian signs.
3. The prairie was usually devoid of trees and ______________.
(b) Large rocks.
4. What was Kansas known as prior to the middle of the 19th century?
(a) The Great American Desert.
(b) The Middle of Nowhere.
(c) God's Country.
(d) Halfway to Heaven.
5. Which of the following male tasks did prairie women take on?
(c) Buying seed.
(d) Business meetings.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the most valued source of fuel on the prairie?
2. What was a popular and relatively comfortable mode of transportation to reach Kansas?
3. Prairie life made the woman ____________ her husband.
4. Which of the following was a type of house built by the new Kansas settlers?
5. In the nineteenth century a woman's place was considered to be in ________________.
This section contains 182 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)