|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What became the staple crops for the Kansas farmer?
(a) Potatoes and corn.
(b) Rye and corn.
(c) Wheat and soybeans.
(d) Wheat and corn.
2. Which of the following skills did most prairie women possess?
(b) Shearing sheep.
3. The prairie was usually devoid of trees and ______________.
(d) Large rocks.
4. What lured people from the east to head to Kansas to settle?
(a) Low taxes.
(b) Abundant water.
(c) Cheap land.
(d) Fertile soil.
5. What was the weight of the average sod house?
(a) 90 tons.
(b) 5 tons.
(c) 10 tons.
(d) 2 tons.
Short Answer Questions
1. Corn farmers usually raised a small amount of livestock for food including hogs and ___________.
2. In the nineteenth century a woman's place was considered to be in ________________.
3. How much land did the government promise each Kansas settler?
4. Why did prairie women tend to do more typically male jobs than before?
5. Some prairie women were called upon to perform minor surgery and to ______________.
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)