|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mama ask for on her deathbed?
(a) Slim to help her die.
(b) Slim to get married.
(c) Slim to give up his pimping lifestyle.
(d) Slim's forgiveness.
2. While on the run from the FBI, Slim feels he needs a new drug. What drug does he think will calm his nerves?
3. What happens to Slim at the end of Chapter 17?
(a) Drug overdose.
(b) Forced to abort his plan early and run away.
(d) Beaten up.
4. Where does Slim go with No Thumbs Helen?
5. What has happened to Pretty Preston since Slim ran away to hide from the FBI?
(a) He has started pimping again to take over Slim's spot.
(b) He was shot by Sweet Jones.
(c) He died of frostbite.
(d) He lost his job and moved to Las Vegas.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long is Slim's prison sentence after being found guilty on the federal charges?
2. Sim is convicted on charges of escaping and sentenced to how long in prison?
3. What three things does Runt bring to Blood the morning she returns to him (after the wire beating)?
4. Which of Slim's relatives reappears briefly in Chapter 14?
5. Where is Slim held after being picked up by the police while on the run from the FBI?
Short Essay Questions
1. Mavis is a female drug dealer and one of the few women in the story who is not a prostitute. How does Mavis being female make her an appropriate target for Slim's robbery attempt in Chapter 17?
2. How does his mother's death in Chapter 22 affect Slim's life?
3. How does the Chapter 22 title "Dawn" reflect the evolution of Slim's life at this stage?
4. How has Leroy been spending his years when Slim runs across him again in prison?
5. Slim's life sinks deeper into violence after his jailbreak. How is pimping becoming less exciting and more violent in Chapter 19?
6. How does the relationship between Chris and Slim evolve during the 1940's in Chapter 14?
7. Why is Chris one of the few people who knows that Slim is addicted to cocaine in Chapter 13?
8. Why is image, represented by material things, so important to a pimp?
9. What consequences to others does Slim fail to consider before or mention after his escape in Chapter 18?
10. Twice in Chapter 19, Slim turns to family for help. To whom does he go and for what?
This section contains 1,016 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)