|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of car does Slim buy?
(a) 1938 Cadillac.
(b) 1937 Freestyle.
(c) 1939 Hog.
(d) 1939 Gremlin.
2. What relative is newly introduced after Slim's escape from State Workforce?
(a) His aunt.
(b) His uncle.
(c) A cousin.
(d) His brother.
3. How long does Mama live after Slim is released from jail early?
(a) Two months.
(b) Six months.
(c) 12 months.
(d) Six weeks.
4. Why does Runt not like Carmen?
(a) Runt doesn't like anyone.
(b) Runt feels like she's being replaced.
(c) Carmen sleeps with Slim more often.
(d) Carmen cheated Runt out of a trick.
5. How much is Slim's bond when he is picked up by the police while on the run from the FBI?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Sim runs from the FBI, who is the only person who knows where he is going?
2. It is 1958, how old is Slim?
3. News of whose death finally prompts Slim to give up pimping and drugs forever?
4. How long does Rachel work for Slim?
5. Where does Slim go with No Thumbs Helen?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Blood begin to feel like a real pimp in Chapter 13?
2. Why is image, represented by material things, so important to a pimp?
3. What prompts Runt to work harder after her return in Chapter 12?
4. Slim manages to move past blunt physical trauma to a more elegant finesse when he realizes he's in danger of losing Rachel in Chapter 20. How does Slim employ his psychological genius once again to ensure Rachel's loyalty?
5. How does his mother's death in Chapter 22 affect Slim's life?
6. What does the sewer in the chapter 15 title refer to?
7. How is Slim working and spending his days now that he's off the drugs and living in Seattle in Chapter 21?
8. What consequences to others does Slim fail to consider before or mention after his escape in Chapter 18?
9. How does the Chapter 22 title "Dawn" reflect the evolution of Slim's life at this stage?
10. Mavis is a female drug dealer and one of the few women in the story who is not a prostitute. How does Mavis being female make her an appropriate target for Slim's robbery attempt in Chapter 17?
This section contains 946 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)