|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who brings Blood his breakfast at the beginning of Chapter 12?
(a) Red Cora.
(c) Sweet Jones.
(d) Glass Top.
2. News of whose death finally prompts Slim to give up pimping and drugs forever?
(a) Party Time.
(b) Glass Top.
(d) Sweet Jones.
3. What happens to Slim at the end of Chapter 17?
(b) Drug overdose.
(c) Beaten up.
(d) Forced to abort his plan early and run away.
4. Who helps Slim in his escape from the State Workforce?
(a) The warden.
(b) His young cellmate.
(c) Red Eye.
5. What has happened to Pretty Preston since Slim ran away to hide from the FBI?
(a) He was shot by Sweet Jones.
(b) He lost his job and moved to Las Vegas.
(c) He died of frostbite.
(d) He has started pimping again to take over Slim's spot.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Runt not like Carmen?
2. How long does Slim spend in detox in Seattle?
3. What allows Slim to release his resentment of women?
4. Where does Slim go with No Thumbs Helen?
5. How long does Mama live after Slim is released from jail early?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the relationship between Chris and Slim evolve during the 1940's in Chapter 14?
2. Slim has two near-murder experiences in Chapter 20. Who does he nearly kill, how and why doesn't he?
3. How is Slim working and spending his days now that he's off the drugs and living in Seattle in Chapter 21?
4. Why does Blood begin to feel like a real pimp in Chapter 13?
5. Slim manages to move past blunt physical trauma to a more elegant finesse when he realizes he's in danger of losing Rachel in Chapter 20. How does Slim employ his psychological genius once again to ensure Rachel's loyalty?
6. Slim finally feels like he is totally alone when he is released from Leavenworth in Chapter 16 and discovers Chris has married and had a baby. Is his reaction to this information purely selfish or is it possible that he has himself contemplated marrying Chris and is jealous of her ability to establish love and stability for herself?
7. How has Leroy been spending his years when Slim runs across him again in prison?
8. What prompts Runt to work harder after her return in Chapter 12?
9. Slim's story about the State Workforce seems a little light on truth in Chapter 18. What are some elements that seem perhaps questionable?
10. How does his mother's death in Chapter 22 affect Slim's life?
This section contains 871 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)