|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What would be the likely ending to Slim's pimping lifestyle?
(a) Drug overdose.
(b) Death on the streets.
(d) Death in jail.
2. When Slim is arrested in Montana, what is the charge?
(b) Being drunk in public.
(c) Indecent exposure.
(d) Having a woman in his hotel room he is not married to.
3. How does Slim connive to keep Rachel loyal to him?
(a) Gets her addicted to drugs.
(b) Makes her think she has killed someone.
(c) Sets traps for her with other pimps.
(d) Forces her to tattoo his name on her.
4. Who brings Blood his breakfast at the beginning of Chapter 12?
(a) Red Cora.
(b) Glass Top.
(d) Sweet Jones.
5. What particularly pleases Slim about his escape from State Workforce?
(a) Having access to drugs again.
(b) Being able to find Chris.
(c) Breathing fresh air.
(d) Having duped white men.
Short Answer Questions
1. What relative is newly introduced after Slim's escape from State Workforce?
2. What has Chris done with her life while Slim was in Leavenworth?
3. Why is Iceberg Slim's, or "Slim's," coke habit a secret?
4. How long is Slim's prison sentence after being found guilty on the federal charges?
5. What is Mavis's job?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Slim working and spending his days now that he's off the drugs and living in Seattle in Chapter 21?
2. How does Slim's reliance on drugs catch up with him in the end of chapter 15?
3. Why is Chris one of the few people who knows that Slim is addicted to cocaine in Chapter 13?
4. While out on bail in Chapter 16, how does Slim show his true colors as a friend to Sweet Jones and why?
5. What consequences to others does Slim fail to consider before or mention after his escape in Chapter 18?
6. Mavis is a female drug dealer and one of the few women in the story who is not a prostitute. How does Mavis being female make her an appropriate target for Slim's robbery attempt in Chapter 17?
7. Slim manages to move past blunt physical trauma to a more elegant finesse when he realizes he's in danger of losing Rachel in Chapter 20. How does Slim employ his psychological genius once again to ensure Rachel's loyalty?
8. Why is image, represented by material things, so important to a pimp?
9. How has Leroy been spending his years when Slim runs across him again in prison?
10. When Slim meets his biological father again in Chapter 14, what difference becomes clear between his father's treatment and his mother's treatment in Slim's decision to become a pimp?
This section contains 1,075 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)