|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the fictional prostitute that Blood tells Runt about?
2. Why is Iceberg Slim's, or "Slim's," coke habit a secret?
(a) He doesn't want Runt to know.
(b) It may be perceived as a weakness.
(c) He doesn't want to get arrested.
(d) He thinks it doesn't fit his image.
3. How does Slim connive to keep Rachel loyal to him?
(a) Sets traps for her with other pimps.
(b) Makes her think she has killed someone.
(c) Forces her to tattoo his name on her.
(d) Gets her addicted to drugs.
4. How old is Slim a the end of Chapter 19?
5. When Sim runs from the FBI, who is the only person who knows where he is going?
(a) Sweet Jones.
Short Answer Questions
1. After leaving Leavenworth, Slim returns to Chicago. What is his first plan?
2. Who testifies against Slim at his federal trial?
3. Where does Slim go with No Thumbs Helen?
4. What year is it when Slim is released from Leavenworth?
5. News of whose death finally prompts Slim to give up pimping and drugs forever?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does his mother's death in Chapter 22 affect Slim's life?
2. How does the relationship between Chris and Slim evolve during the 1940's in Chapter 14?
3. What prompts Runt to work harder after her return in Chapter 12?
4. Slim finally feels like he is totally alone when he is released from Leavenworth in Chapter 16 and discovers Chris has married and had a baby. Is his reaction to this information purely selfish or is it possible that he has himself contemplated marrying Chris and is jealous of her ability to establish love and stability for herself?
5. Why does Leroy's arrest drive Chris to work for Blood?
6. How has Leroy been spending his years when Slim runs across him again in prison?
7. Slim's story about the State Workforce seems a little light on truth in Chapter 18. What are some elements that seem perhaps questionable?
8. Why does Blood begin to feel like a real pimp in Chapter 13?
9. How does the Chapter 22 title "Dawn" reflect the evolution of Slim's life at this stage?
10. How is Slim working and spending his days now that he's off the drugs and living in Seattle in Chapter 21?
This section contains 849 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)