|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bobby's biological father want to do with him as a baby?
(a) Take him to the police station.
(b) Leave him on the steps of the Catholic Church.
(c) Use him to make money.
(d) Leave him at the hotel.
2. What was Pretty Preston's career before Sweet Jones double-crossed him?
(b) Night Club owner.
(c) Drug Dealer.
(d) Police Officer.
3. What new bar does Blood go to in Chapter 7?
(a) French Kiss.
(b) Fun House.
(c) High Street.
4. Memories of whom begin to haunt Blood as he physically abuses Runt for the first time?
(c) Henry Upshaw.
5. After the beating with the wire, Runt leaves and still has not returned by what time?
(a) Seven a.m.
(b) Ten p.m.
(c) Three a.m.
(d) Seven p.m.
Short Answer Questions
1. Party Time gets busted for the con he runs with Bobby, but Bobby doesn't go to jail with him. Why not?
2. Why can't Blood gets what he needs at the beginning of Chapter 10?
3. What is different about his meeting with Runt after her night's work in Chapter 7?
4. What does Blood tell himself when Runt leaves and doesn't return after he beats her with the wire?
5. Blood is still very new at the pimping game and has to constantly remind himself of what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who are the first pimps and prostitutes in young Bobby's life and how is his encounter with them a generally positive experience?
2. Steve is never given a last name. What might be some reasons for this in the author's mind?
3. What is the essence of the "cop and blow" scheme in Chapter 10?
4. Did Blood's "pep talk" (beating) at the end of Chapter 6 have an effect on Runt in Chapter 7?
5. How does it speak to Blood's salesmanship that he is able to score Runt as his own working girl after such a short period of time?
6. In Chapter 4, in spite of his quick score with Runt, what is Blood constantly reminding himself and why?
7. Apart from a beating, what does Sweet Jones provide for Blood during their first meeting?
8. Like many of the chapters, the title of Chapter 6, "Drilling for Oil" may have multiple meanings. What are two possible interpretations of the "Oil" that Slim is drilling for?
9. What are two ways in which the Melody incident is haunting for Blood in Chapter 7?
10. How does the incident with Melody provide a metaphor for Blood's relationship with and attitude towards the white world?
This section contains 1,046 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)