|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the primary enticements for Blood in the life and career of a pimp?
(a) Easy living and waking up late.
(b) Power and women.
(c) Power and easy money.
(d) Sex and easy money.
2. What is the setting after Blood is released from prison the second time?
(a) Indianapolis, IN.
(b) Chicago, IL.
(c) Minneapolis, MN.
(d) Milwaukee, WI.
3. Where does Blood meet Runt?
(b) 5th Street Grill.
(c) Tropic Nightclub.
(d) 711 Club.
4. For what is Bobby finally thrown out of his university?
(a) Running a drug ring.
(b) A bootlegging scheme.
(c) Relationship with a female student.
(d) Prostitution of a female colleague.
5. For what does Bobby do his first time in jail?
(a) Attempting to pimp his girlfriend.
(b) Beating up his girlfriend.
(c) Being drunk in public.
(d) Attempting to rob a convenience store.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Blood do first upon waking up in Chapter 7?
2. Who introduces professional pimping into Blood's life?
3. After the beating with the wire, Runt leaves and still has not returned by what time?
4. Why doesn't Chris want to talk to Blood?
5. Who does Blood meet for the first time, his first night at the Roost?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Blood's experience with Pepper instill in him a desire for money?
2. How does Blood show his courage and psychological insight in his dealings with Sweet Jones in Chapter 6?
3. Did Blood's "pep talk" (beating) at the end of Chapter 6 have an effect on Runt in Chapter 7?
4. How does the IQ test Blood receives from his parole officer change his life in Chapter 3?
5. How does the incident with Melody provide a metaphor for Blood's relationship with and attitude towards the white world?
6. What is the essence of the "cop and blow" scheme in Chapter 10?
7. In spite of having worked as a pimp for less than a full day in Chicago, Blood nevertheless provides Runt with a full set of "rules for whoring" in the neighborhood. Why does he do this and where would he have gotten these rules?
8. Besides giving him his first street name, how does Weeping Shorty influence Blood's career as a pimp?
9. How is Bobby "torn from the nest"?
10. How does Party Time protect Bobby in Chapter 2, and why?
This section contains 975 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)