|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who besides Glass Top and the other dealers know about Slim's coke addiction?
(c) Sweet Jones.
2. What does Chris agree to do for Blood at the end of Chapter 12?
(a) Marry him.
(b) Sleep with him.
(c) Work for him.
(d) Find girls for him.
3. When Slim is arrested in Montana, what is the charge?
(a) Being drunk in public.
(b) Indecent exposure.
(c) Having a woman in his hotel room he is not married to.
4. How long does Rachel work for Slim?
(a) 12 months.
(b) 13 years.
(c) 24 months.
(d) 20 years.
5. After leaving Leavenworth, Slim returns to Chicago. What is his first plan?
(a) To find a new set of prostitutes.
(b) To rob someone.
(c) To find Sweet Jones.
(d) To clean up his life.
6. What does Mama ask for on her deathbed?
(a) Slim to give up his pimping lifestyle.
(b) Slim to get married.
(c) Slim to help her die.
(d) Slim's forgiveness.
7. What is the name of the fictional prostitute that Blood tells Runt about?
8. Where is Slim arrested again after his escape from State Workforce?
9. Who is the first of Slim's working girls to leave him?
10. Who brings Blood his breakfast at the beginning of Chapter 12?
(a) Sweet Jones.
(c) Red Cora.
(d) Glass Top.
11. Why is Slim in desperate need of cash after he is released from Leavenworth?
(a) Needs the material goods that reestablish his pimp status.
(b) Wants a prostitute for the night.
(c) Needs drugs.
(d) Wants a nice apartment.
12. How old is Slim when he is released from jail in Pennsylvania?
13. What particularly pleases Slim about his escape from State Workforce?
(a) Breathing fresh air.
(b) Having duped white men.
(c) Being able to find Chris.
(d) Having access to drugs again.
14. Why does Runt not like Carmen?
(a) Runt doesn't like anyone.
(b) Runt feels like she's being replaced.
(c) Carmen cheated Runt out of a trick.
(d) Carmen sleeps with Slim more often.
15. Who testifies against Slim at his federal trial?
(a) Chris and Leroy.
(b) Carmen and Runt.
(c) Chris and Carmen.
(d) Runt and Ophelia.
Short Answer Questions
1. It is 1958, how old is Slim?
2. What relative is newly introduced after Slim's escape from State Workforce?
3. Who helps Slim in his escape from the State Workforce?
4. After shooting Serena, Slim runs to his mother's house and goes to find Sweet Jones. What has Sweet recently done?
5. Which of Slim's relatives reappears briefly in Chapter 14?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)