|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While on the run from the FBI, Slim feels he needs a new drug. What drug does he think will calm his nerves?
2. Where does Slim go after he "loses" Helen?
3. Why is Iceberg Slim's, or "Slim's," coke habit a secret?
(a) He doesn't want Runt to know.
(b) He thinks it doesn't fit his image.
(c) It may be perceived as a weakness.
(d) He doesn't want to get arrested.
4. Since getting off the drugs and moving to Seattle, how does Slim spend more of his time (rather than pimping)?
(a) Watching television.
(c) Reading in bed.
(d) Wandering the city aimlessly.
5. Who brings Blood his breakfast at the beginning of Chapter 12?
(a) Sweet Jones.
(b) Glass Top.
(d) Red Cora.
6. What is the name of the fictional prostitute that Blood tells Runt about?
7. Why is Slim in desperate need of cash after he is released from Leavenworth?
(a) Needs the material goods that reestablish his pimp status.
(b) Wants a prostitute for the night.
(c) Wants a nice apartment.
(d) Needs drugs.
8. After shooting Serena, Slim runs to his mother's house and goes to find Sweet Jones. What has Sweet recently done?
(a) Gone to jail.
(b) Resumed his top pimp status in Chicago.
(c) Killed a man.
(d) Overdosed on drugs.
9. What does Mama ask for on her deathbed?
(a) Slim to help her die.
(b) Slim to get married.
(c) Slim to give up his pimping lifestyle.
(d) Slim's forgiveness.
10. News of whose death finally prompts Slim to give up pimping and drugs forever?
(b) Party Time.
(c) Glass Top.
(d) Sweet Jones.
11. What is Mavis's job?
(c) Police officer.
(d) Drug dealer.
12. Where does Slim go with No Thumbs Helen?
13. What is the name of Blood's second prostitute?
14. What particularly pleases Slim about his escape from State Workforce?
(a) Breathing fresh air.
(b) Having duped white men.
(c) Having access to drugs again.
(d) Being able to find Chris.
15. Who is the first of Slim's working girls to leave him?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Slim pretend to be to pull off his post-Leavenworth money-making plan?
2. What does "No Thumbs" Helen specialize in besides turning tricks?
3. Beginning in 1939, how often does Slim get a new car?
4. How does Slim connive to keep Rachel loyal to him?
5. What relative is newly introduced after Slim's escape from State Workforce?
This section contains 486 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)