|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't Blood flinch when the gunshot nearly hits him?
(a) He's extremely cool under pressure.
(b) He knows the man wouldn't really shoot him.
(c) He didn't hear or see it happen.
(d) He's too drugged to react.
2. When Slim is arrested in Montana, what is the charge?
(a) Being drunk in public.
(b) Having a woman in his hotel room he is not married to.
(d) Indecent exposure.
3. How long does Mama live after Slim is released from jail early?
(a) Six weeks.
(b) 12 months.
(c) Two months.
(d) Six months.
4. Where does Slim go with No Thumbs Helen?
5. Sim is convicted on charges of escaping and sentenced to how long in prison?
(a) 12 months.
(b) 11 months.
(c) Six months.
(d) 18 months.
6. Why does Runt not like Carmen?
(a) Runt doesn't like anyone.
(b) Carmen sleeps with Slim more often.
(c) Runt feels like she's being replaced.
(d) Carmen cheated Runt out of a trick.
7. After Mama's death Slim decides on a new path in life. What does he want to do?
(a) Work for a charity.
(b) Make a positive contribution.
(d) Teach school.
8. After leaving Leavenworth, Slim returns to Chicago. What is his first plan?
(a) To clean up his life.
(b) To rob someone.
(c) To find a new set of prostitutes.
(d) To find Sweet Jones.
9. What has happened to Pretty Preston since Slim ran away to hide from the FBI?
(a) He has started pimping again to take over Slim's spot.
(b) He was shot by Sweet Jones.
(c) He lost his job and moved to Las Vegas.
(d) He died of frostbite.
10. Where does Slim go after he "loses" Helen?
11. What does Mama ask for on her deathbed?
(a) Slim to help her die.
(b) Slim to give up his pimping lifestyle.
(c) Slim's forgiveness.
(d) Slim to get married.
12. Who brings Blood his breakfast at the beginning of Chapter 12?
(b) Red Cora.
(c) Glass Top.
(d) Sweet Jones.
13. Who besides Glass Top and the other dealers know about Slim's coke addiction?
(c) Sweet Jones.
14. How much weight has Slim gained since quitting drugs?
(a) 25 pounds.
(b) 78 pounds
(c) 50 pounds.
(d) Not an ounce.
15. Which of Slim's relatives reappears briefly in Chapter 14?
(a) Henry Upshaw.
(d) His biological father.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Slim when he is released from jail in Pennsylvania?
2. Why is Iceberg Slim's, or "Slim's," coke habit a secret?
3. Who is so impressed with Blood's reaction that he changes Blood's street moniker to "Iceberg Slim"?
4. Who does Slim team up with to execute his plan after getting out of Leavenworth?
5. What allows Slim to release his resentment of women?
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)