|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much weight has Slim gained since quitting drugs?
(a) Not an ounce.
(b) 25 pounds.
(c) 50 pounds.
(d) 78 pounds
2. Where does Slim go with No Thumbs Helen?
3. Who is the first of Slim's working girls to leave him?
4. Why doesn't Blood flinch when the gunshot nearly hits him?
(a) He's extremely cool under pressure.
(b) He's too drugged to react.
(c) He knows the man wouldn't really shoot him.
(d) He didn't hear or see it happen.
5. While on the run from the FBI, Slim feels he needs a new drug. What drug does he think will calm his nerves?
6. How long is Slim incarcerated in the State Workforce before he realizes he cannot stand being locked up again so soon?
(a) One month.
(b) One week.
(c) Three weeks.
(d) Three months.
7. Where does Slim go after he "loses" Helen?
8. In 1953 Slim receives a letter from Mama saying what?
(a) She never wants to see Slim again.
(b) She has remarried.
(c) She is deathly ill.
(d) Slim has a brother.
9. What particularly pleases Slim about his escape from State Workforce?
(a) Breathing fresh air.
(b) Having duped white men.
(c) Having access to drugs again.
(d) Being able to find Chris.
10. Where is Slim held after being picked up by the police while on the run from the FBI?
(b) Sing Sing.
(c) The local jail.
(d) The sheriff's office.
11. Why does Runt not like Carmen?
(a) Carmen sleeps with Slim more often.
(b) Carmen cheated Runt out of a trick.
(c) Runt feels like she's being replaced.
(d) Runt doesn't like anyone.
12. After shooting Serena, Slim runs to his mother's house and goes to find Sweet Jones. What has Sweet recently done?
(a) Killed a man.
(b) Overdosed on drugs.
(c) Gone to jail.
(d) Resumed his top pimp status in Chicago.
13. Blood tells Runt he has another girl working for him in another city so that Runt will do what?
(a) Be angry.
(b) Cling to him.
(c) Accept drugs to cheer herself up.
(d) Work harder.
14. What does Mama ask for on her deathbed?
(a) Slim to give up his pimping lifestyle.
(b) Slim to get married.
(c) Slim to help her die.
(d) Slim's forgiveness.
15. What allows Slim to release his resentment of women?
(a) Chris's return.
(b) Old age.
(c) Runt's apology letter.
(d) Forgiving Mama.
Short Answer Questions
1. What relative is newly introduced after Slim's escape from State Workforce?
2. When Sim runs from the FBI, who is the only person who knows where he is going?
3. What has Chris done with her life while Slim was in Leavenworth?
4. What happens to Slim at the end of Chapter 17?
5. What is the name of Blood's second prostitute?
This section contains 488 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)