|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Blood feel the need for a fourth prostitute?
(a) Finds another girl he can't resist.
(b) Enjoys the extra money.
(c) Needs to boost his image still further.
(d) An uneven number is unlucky.
2. Where is Slim held after being picked up by the police while on the run from the FBI?
(a) The local jail.
(c) The sheriff's office.
(d) Sing Sing.
3. Who helps Slim in his escape from the State Workforce?
(a) Red Eye.
(b) His young cellmate.
(c) The warden.
4. Who is so impressed with Blood's reaction that he changes Blood's street moniker to "Iceberg Slim"?
(a) Pretty Preston.
(b) Sweet Jones.
(d) Glass Top.
5. What has Chris done with her life while Slim was in Leavenworth?
(a) She's gone to rehab and started working for Sweet Jones.
(b) She's moved to California and gone back to school.
(c) She's been killed in a bar brawl.
(d) She's gotten married and had a baby.
6. Who testifies against Slim at his federal trial?
(a) Chris and Leroy.
(b) Carmen and Runt.
(c) Chris and Carmen.
(d) Runt and Ophelia.
7. Where does Slim hide during his escape from the State Workforce?
(b) Warden's office.
(c) Supply closet.
8. Blood tells Runt he has another girl working for him in another city so that Runt will do what?
(a) Cling to him.
(b) Work harder.
(c) Be angry.
(d) Accept drugs to cheer herself up.
9. In 1953 Slim receives a letter from Mama saying what?
(a) She has remarried.
(b) She is deathly ill.
(c) Slim has a brother.
(d) She never wants to see Slim again.
10. Who besides Glass Top and the other dealers know about Slim's coke addiction?
(b) Sweet Jones.
11. What does "No Thumbs" Helen specialize in besides turning tricks?
(a) She steals men's wallets.
(b) She can perform certain sex acts in spite of having only four fingers on each hand.
(c) She drugs her tricks so they can't turn her in.
(d) She makes a specialty of sleeping with policemen.
12. How long does Rachel work for Slim?
(a) 20 years.
(b) 12 months.
(c) 24 months.
(d) 13 years.
13. What year is it when Slim is released from Leavenworth?
14. What allows Slim to release his resentment of women?
(a) Chris's return.
(b) Old age.
(c) Forgiving Mama.
(d) Runt's apology letter.
15. Where is Slim arrested again after his escape from State Workforce?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Slim "lose" his fourth prostitute?
2. What relative is newly introduced after Slim's escape from State Workforce?
3. News of whose death finally prompts Slim to give up pimping and drugs forever?
4. Where does Slim go after he "loses" Helen?
5. Where does Blood nearly get shot in the head?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)