|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Slim pretend to be to pull off his post-Leavenworth money-making plan?
(a) A police officer.
(b) A drunk.
(c) A drug dealer.
(d) A female prostitute.
2. Who brings Blood his breakfast at the beginning of Chapter 12?
(a) Glass Top.
(b) Red Cora.
(d) Sweet Jones.
3. News of whose death finally prompts Slim to give up pimping and drugs forever?
(a) Sweet Jones.
(b) Party Time.
(d) Glass Top.
4. Why is Iceberg Slim's, or "Slim's," coke habit a secret?
(a) It may be perceived as a weakness.
(b) He doesn't want Runt to know.
(c) He thinks it doesn't fit his image.
(d) He doesn't want to get arrested.
5. Who does Slim team up with to execute his plan after getting out of Leavenworth?
(d) Red Eye.
6. Who is the first of Slim's working girls to leave him?
7. What character from Slim's past turns up in Chapter 20 as a garbageman?
(a) Party Time.
(b) Glass Top.
(c) Henry Upshaw.
8. When does Chris come to see Slim while he's on the run from the FBI?
(c) New Year's Day.
(d) New Year's Eve.
9. How long does Mama live after Slim is released from jail early?
(a) Six weeks.
(b) Six months.
(c) Two months.
(d) 12 months.
10. What particularly pleases Slim about his escape from State Workforce?
(a) Being able to find Chris.
(b) Having duped white men.
(c) Breathing fresh air.
(d) Having access to drugs again.
11. What does "No Thumbs" Helen specialize in besides turning tricks?
(a) She makes a specialty of sleeping with policemen.
(b) She steals men's wallets.
(c) She drugs her tricks so they can't turn her in.
(d) She can perform certain sex acts in spite of having only four fingers on each hand.
12. How old is Slim when he is released from jail in Pennsylvania?
13. Where does Slim hide during his escape from the State Workforce?
(b) Supply closet.
(c) Warden's office.
14. Where is Slim when Pearl Harbor is bombed?
(a) At the Roost.
(b) Laying in bed with Runt.
(c) Getting high with Glass Top in his hotel room.
(d) Sweet Jones' penthouse.
15. How long does Slim spend in detox in Seattle?
(a) Five weeks.
(b) Two months.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) Five days.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long is Slim incarcerated in the State Workforce before he realizes he cannot stand being locked up again so soon?
2. What is the name of Blood's second prostitute?
3. When Sim runs from the FBI, who is the only person who knows where he is going?
4. Who helps Slim in his escape from the State Workforce?
5. What three things does Runt bring to Blood the morning she returns to him (after the wire beating)?
This section contains 460 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)