|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Slim in desperate need of cash after he is released from Leavenworth?
(a) Wants a nice apartment.
(b) Wants a prostitute for the night.
(c) Needs the material goods that reestablish his pimp status.
(d) Needs drugs.
2. Why does Blood feel the need for a fourth prostitute?
(a) An uneven number is unlucky.
(b) Finds another girl he can't resist.
(c) Enjoys the extra money.
(d) Needs to boost his image still further.
3. It is 1958, how old is Slim?
(a) Just over 33.
(b) Almost 50.
(c) Just over 40.
(d) Almost 40.
4. How long is Slim's prison sentence after being found guilty on the federal charges?
(a) 18 months.
(b) Three years.
(c) 24 months.
(d) 12 months.
5. Where is Slim when Pearl Harbor is bombed?
(a) Sweet Jones' penthouse.
(b) Getting high with Glass Top in his hotel room.
(c) Laying in bed with Runt.
(d) At the Roost.
6. What has Chris done with her life while Slim was in Leavenworth?
(a) She's been killed in a bar brawl.
(b) She's gone to rehab and started working for Sweet Jones.
(c) She's moved to California and gone back to school.
(d) She's gotten married and had a baby.
7. Who is the first of Slim's working girls to leave him?
8. What year is it when Slim is released from Leavenworth?
9. What does "No Thumbs" Helen specialize in besides turning tricks?
(a) She drugs her tricks so they can't turn her in.
(b) She steals men's wallets.
(c) She can perform certain sex acts in spite of having only four fingers on each hand.
(d) She makes a specialty of sleeping with policemen.
10. What character from Slim's past turns up in Chapter 20 as a garbageman?
(a) Henry Upshaw.
(b) Party Time.
(c) Glass Top.
11. How old is Slim when he is released from jail in Pennsylvania?
12. What is the name of the fictional prostitute that Blood tells Runt about?
13. Who helps Slim in his escape from the State Workforce?
(a) The warden.
(b) His young cellmate.
(d) Red Eye.
14. Where does Slim escape to from the State Workforce?
15. What does Chris agree to do for Blood at the end of Chapter 12?
(a) Sleep with him.
(b) Work for him.
(c) Marry him.
(d) Find girls for him.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long is Slim incarcerated in the State Workforce before he realizes he cannot stand being locked up again so soon?
2. Why doesn't Blood flinch when the gunshot nearly hits him?
3. What kind of car does Slim buy?
4. While on the run from the FBI, Slim feels he needs a new drug. What drug does he think will calm his nerves?
5. Who is so impressed with Blood's reaction that he changes Blood's street moniker to "Iceberg Slim"?
This section contains 473 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)