|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Blood meet Melody?
(a) In a bar.
(b) Her pimp introduces them.
(c) Her car is broken down.
(d) She is working in his hotel.
2. After Blood runs away from her, Melody is in a position to do what Pepper once did to Blood, hence his fear. What is it?
(a) She can falsely accuse him of theft.
(b) She will work for another pimp.
(c) She can tell on him to his other prositututes.
(d) She will pretend to get pregnant.
3. For what is Bobby finally thrown out of his university?
(a) A bootlegging scheme.
(b) Prostitution of a female colleague.
(c) Relationship with a female student.
(d) Running a drug ring.
4. Chapter 3 describes Blood's participation in a con against Pepper which ultimately backfires. What is the original objective of the con?
5. When Runt doesn't return after the wire beating, what does Blood realize about his relationship with Runt?
(a) That he cares for her.
(b) That he's sick of her.
(c) That he hates her.
(d) That he has finally achieved total emotional indifference.
6. What is the total time lapse of Chapter 6?
(a) Three hours.
(b) One day.
(c) Five days.
(d) Three days.
7. Who does Blood decide can get him a positive introduction to Sweet Jones so he can get what he wants from him?
(c) Glass Top.
(d) The owner of the Roost.
8. What is Runt doing when Blood returns from Sweet Jones' penthouse at the beginning of Chapter 11?
(a) Crying in the bathroom.
(b) Drinking heavily.
(d) Smoking marijuana.
9. Blood is still very new at the pimping game and has to constantly remind himself of what?
(a) Who the biggest pimp in town is.
(b) How to keep his cool.
(c) What the other pimps said in jail.
(d) What he must do to keep Runt happy.
10. What does Blood buy Preston as a form of payment?
(b) A new watch.
(c) A prostitute.
(d) A new pair of shoes.
11. Who is the first and last positive, stable and loving person in Bobby's early life?
(c) Henry Upshaw.
12. What is the setting after Blood is released from prison the second time?
(a) Milwaukee, WI.
(b) Chicago, IL.
(c) Indianapolis, IN.
(d) Minneapolis, MN.
13. What happens to Oscar while in Reformatory?
(a) He goes to rehab.
(b) He is released for good behavior.
(c) He goes to a mental institution.
(d) He is killed in a cafeteria brawl.
14. Who is young Bobby's first sexual encounter?.
(a) The waitress at the hotel where Mama works.
(c) His babysitter, Maude.
(d) One of Mama's hairstyling customers.
15. How are Runt and Blood traveling in the beginning of Chapter 5?
(a) By stowing away on a train.
(b) In Blood's brand new convertible.
(c) By hitchiking.
(d) In Runt's yellow Ford car.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Bobby's father leaves and Mama must make ends meet, how much does a hairstyle from Mama cost?
2. Where does Bobby meet Pepper?
3. After returning home from University, Bobby takes advantage of Mama's frequent absence from home and becomes friends with who?
4. At what age does Bobby graduate high school?
5. How does Blood's attitude towards white society change after his encounter with Melody?
This section contains 542 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)