|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After his initial meeting with Runt, where does Blood go before leaving the city?
(a) Mama's house.
(b) Pepper's house.
(c) His old hang-outs.
(d) His Parole Officer's office.
2. What is the setting after Blood is released from prison the second time?
(a) Indianapolis, IN.
(b) Chicago, IL.
(c) Minneapolis, MN.
(d) Milwaukee, WI.
3. After her first time time talking with Blood, what does Runt agree to do for him?
(a) Answer his mail.
(b) Act as his lookout.
(c) Send messages to his Mama.
(d) Be his prostitute.
4. Who is young Bobby's first sexual encounter?.
(a) His babysitter, Maude.
(c) The waitress at the hotel where Mama works.
(d) One of Mama's hairstyling customers.
5. Where has Runt recently come from when she first meets Blood?
(a) Los Angeles.
(b) New York.
(d) St. Louis.
6. Where does Bobby meet Pepper?
(a) At Mama's work.
(b) At the parole officer's office.
(c) On the street corner near his house.
(d) In a convenience store.
7. At what age does Bobby graduate high school?
8. What is Runt doing when Blood returns from Sweet Jones' penthouse at the beginning of Chapter 11?
(a) Crying in the bathroom.
(b) Smoking marijuana.
(c) Drinking heavily.
9. What does Glass Top provide for Sweet Jones, other pimps, and eventually Blood?
(a) Tips on the local police.
(c) Gambling tips.
(d) Women to work for them.
10. What physical surprise does Blood discover about Melody?
(a) She is an amputee.
(b) She is a different race.
(c) She is male.
(d) She is bald.
11. For what does Bobby do his first time in jail?
(a) Being drunk in public.
(b) Attempting to pimp his girlfriend.
(c) Attempting to rob a convenience store.
(d) Beating up his girlfriend.
12. What happens to Henry after Mama and Bobby leave him for Steve?
(a) He loses his job and becomes homeless within months.
(b) He becomes crippled for life after a car accident.
(c) He spends years searching for Bobby and Mama.
(d) He dies a year later.
13. While Blood is sitting in his parked car outside the Roost, Pretty Preston jumps in and tells Blood what he plans to do to Sweet Jones for revenge. What is it?
(a) Steal three of his prostitutes.
(b) Stab him in the back.
(c) Steal his car.
(d) Shoot him in the head.
14. Getting started on his first "real" night of pimping with Runt, Blood muses on how he is going to be successful in a white man's world. What does he think will accomplish this?
(a) Control of women.
(b) Enough money.
(c) Respect of his fellow pimps.
(d) Bribing the police.
15. Pepper turns the tables on the con Blood attempts and accuses him of what?
(d) Drug dealing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Chapter 3 describes Blood's participation in a con against Pepper which ultimately backfires. What is the original objective of the con?
2. What does Sweet Jones agree to do for Blood during their first formal meeting?
3. What does Blood buy Preston as a form of payment?
4. What does Blood go back to his car to do after his first encounter with Sweet Jones?
5. Memories of whom begin to haunt Blood as he physically abuses Runt for the first time?
This section contains 563 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)