|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the beating with the wire, Runt leaves and still has not returned by what time?
(a) Seven p.m.
(b) Ten p.m.
(c) Seven a.m.
(d) Three a.m.
2. In later life, Bobby is told that being a pimp demands a certain personality trait. What is it?
(a) Innate desire to hurt or kill his mother.
(b) Addiction to sexual relations with women.
(c) Natural inclination towards violence.
(d) Disrespect for women.
3. In his last happy memory, young Bobby receives a large tip by a customer. How much is the tip?
(a) Ten cents.
(b) Fifty cents.
(c) A quarter.
(d) A dollar.
4. Where do Blood and Melody go after they meet?
(a) Her hotel room.
(b) Her boyfriend's house.
(c) Her house.
(d) Her sister's apartment.
5. Where has Runt recently come from when she first meets Blood?
(a) New York.
(b) Los Angeles.
(d) St. Louis.
6. Instead of attending University and graduating with prestige, Blood has done what with his educational choices?
(a) Enrolled in wife-beating 101.
(b) Enrolled in a pimping class via jail.
(c) Learned how to score drugs.
(d) Skipped too many classes.
7. What does Chris do for the first time with Blood?
(a) Defies her husband.
(b) Takes cocaine.
(c) Talks about her life.
(d) Takes heroin.
8. Which restaurant is introduced in Chapter 8 that will become a fixture in Runt and Blood's lives?
(a) The Haven.
(b) The Hawk's Nest.
(c) The Caravan.
(d) The Roost.
9. Pimps earn wages by psychological manipulation, but do NOT do what?
(a) Physical labor.
(b) Keep track of their own money.
(c) Beat their prostitutes.
(d) Interact with their own prostitutes.
10. What does Blood go back to his car to do after his first encounter with Sweet Jones?
(a) To meet with Pretty Preston.
(b) To find and load his gun.
(c) To check in with Runt.
(d) To regroup and catch his breath.
11. Where does Blood meet Runt?
(a) Tropic Nightclub.
(c) 711 Club.
(d) 5th Street Grill.
12. How old is Bobby when he is molested for the first time?
(a) 3 months old.
(b) 5 years old.
(c) 7 months old.
(d) 3 years old.
13. What does Sweet Jones agree to do for Blood during their first formal meeting?
(a) Bring Blood some girls to get started with.
(b) Pay off the police for Blood since he cannot yet afford it.
(c) Teach Blood some things about pimping success.
(d) Provide a safe house for Blood.
14. Bobby now has a new street name, Macking Youngblood or "Blood". Who gives Blood this name?
(a) Golden Jive.
(b) Diamond Cat.
(c) Iceberg Slim.
(d) Weeping Shorty.
15. For what does Bobby do his first time in jail?
(a) Attempting to pimp his girlfriend.
(b) Attempting to rob a convenience store.
(c) Beating up his girlfriend.
(d) Being drunk in public.
Short Answer Questions
1. Getting started on his first "real" night of pimping with Runt, Blood muses on how he is going to be successful in a white man's world. What does he think will accomplish this?
2. Why does Blood beat Runt after her first night of work?
3. How does what happens to Oscar affect Bobby's later actions in prison?
4. Who is Chris's husband?
5. Who is young Bobby's first sexual encounter?.
This section contains 571 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)