|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19: The Ice Pick.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Slim in desperate need of cash after he is released from Leavenworth?
(a) Needs drugs.
(b) Needs the material goods that reestablish his pimp status.
(c) Wants a nice apartment.
(d) Wants a prostitute for the night.
2. How long is Slim's prison sentence after being found guilty on the federal charges?
(a) 12 months.
(b) 24 months.
(c) Three years.
(d) 18 months.
3. Where are young Bobby and his Mama living when Henry Upshaw comes into their lives?
4. In his last happy memory, young Bobby receives a large tip by a customer. How much is the tip?
(a) Ten cents.
(b) A dollar.
(c) A quarter.
(d) Fifty cents.
5. Who brings Blood his breakfast at the beginning of Chapter 12?
(a) Red Cora.
(b) Glass Top.
(d) Sweet Jones.
Short Answer Questions
1. Chapter 8 is effectively "Day 3" in Blood's new life as a professional pimp with Runt as his working girl. After breakfast, how does Day 3 begin?
2. Why doesn't Blood flinch when the gunshot nearly hits him?
3. Pimps earn wages by psychological manipulation, but do NOT do what?
4. Why does Pretty Preston's attempt at revenge on Sweet Jones fail?
5. Who is Pretty Preston?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)