|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4: A Degree in Pimping.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are young Bobby and his Mama living when Henry Upshaw comes into their lives?
2. In later life, Bobby is told that being a pimp demands a certain personality trait. What is it?
(a) Innate desire to hurt or kill his mother.
(b) Disrespect for women.
(c) Natural inclination towards violence.
(d) Addiction to sexual relations with women.
3. Pimps earn wages by psychological manipulation, but do NOT do what?
(a) Beat their prostitutes.
(b) Interact with their own prostitutes.
(c) Keep track of their own money.
(d) Physical labor.
4. According to the psychiatrists, why did Bobby choose to become a pimp?
(a) His subconscious hatred of his mother.
(b) Henry Upshaw's treatment of his mother.
(c) Head trauma from when his father threw him against the wall.
(d) Watching Steve work.
5. Where/How is Bobby's Mama working when he comes home from University?
(a) In the home of an old white man.
(b) As a babysitter.
(c) As a white woman's maid.
(d) In a hair salon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bobby's biological father want to do with him as a baby?
2. What are the primary enticements for Blood in the life and career of a pimp?
3. What happens to Henry after Mama and Bobby leave him for Steve?
4. How does what happens to Oscar affect Bobby's later actions in prison?
5. The failed con with Pepper reinforces what in Blood's mind?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)