|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13: The Iceberg.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After beating Runt with a wire, how does Blood respond to his own reaction?
(a) Cries and nurses her wounds.
(c) Throws her out on the street so he doesn't have to look at her.
(d) Contemplates suicide.
2. The failed con with Pepper reinforces what in Blood's mind?
(a) His need for sex.
(b) His hatred and distrust of women.
(c) His fear of jail.
(d) His dislike for other pimps.
3. Why doesn't Blood flinch when the gunshot nearly hits him?
(a) He's extremely cool under pressure.
(b) He's too drugged to react.
(c) He didn't hear or see it happen.
(d) He knows the man wouldn't really shoot him.
4. After Pretty Preston's revenge attempt on Sweet Jones fails, what does Blood decide he wants from Sweet Jones?
(a) Sweet's opinions on the best women.
(b) Information on how to be a successful pimp.
(c) Information on the local cops.
(d) Gambling tips.
5. Bobby now has a new street name, Macking Youngblood or "Blood". Who gives Blood this name?
(a) Iceberg Slim.
(b) Diamond Cat.
(c) Golden Jive.
(d) Weeping Shorty.
Short Answer Questions
1. Before marrying a rich man, what was Pepper doing?
2. Chapter 8 is effectively "Day 3" in Blood's new life as a professional pimp with Runt as his working girl. After breakfast, how does Day 3 begin?
3. Sweet Jones saves Blood from getting "bested" by which prostitute?
4. What is the total time lapse of Chapter 6?
5. What does Blood go back to his car to do after his first encounter with Sweet Jones?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)