Chapter 1: Torn from the Nest
1. Who is young Bobby's first sexual encounter?.
(b) The waitress at the hotel where Mama works.
(c) His babysitter, Maude.
(d) One of Mama's hairstyling customers.
2. What does Bobby's biological father want to do with him as a baby?
(a) Leave him at the hotel.
(b) Use him to make money.
(c) Leave him on the steps of the Catholic Church.
(d) Take him to the police station.
3. Who is the first and last positive, stable and loving person in Bobby's early life?
(b) Henry Upshaw.
4. Prior to abandoning the family, what was the job of Bobby's father at the hotel?
5. After Bobby's father leaves and Mama must make ends meet, how much does a hairstyle from Mama cost?
(a) Twenty cents.
(b) One nickel.
(c) Fifty cents.
(d) One dollar.
6. Where are young Bobby and his Mama living when Henry Upshaw comes into their lives?
This section contains 4,708 words
(approx. 16 pages at 300 words per page)