Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 14, what have arrived in swarm from the Hudson Bay area?
2. The balance enables her to think about the beauty without doing what?
3. What percentage of insects are parasites?
4. In Chapter 13, Dillard quotes Van Gogh. What did she quote?
5. What could happen if the caribou migrate out of the Eskimo's range?
Essay Topic 1
In the first part of chapter eight, the author goes into great detail about many phenomena of the natural world. Write about some of the details she has written. How has her writing changed in this chapter to reflect the theme of the intricacy of nature?
Essay Topic 2
How does Dillard feel about harming creatures? What are some of the incidents from her childhood that helped formed these ideas? Do you agree with her? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Describe Dillard's encounter with the circular snake skin. How did she use it in thinking about time? Do you agree with her beliefs about time? Why or why not?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)