|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When moving towards a muskrat, how does one keep from scaring it?
2. What does Dillard believe the flood shows about nature?
3. In Chapter 14, what have arrived in swarm from the Hudson Bay area?
4. What are the "horns of the altar?"
5. For wild animals, Dillards sees enduring parasitic invasions as what?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Dillard understands the world of predators better than that of parasites. She writes that at least one has a fighting chance when up against a predator. Why do you think she felt this way? Use examples in your discussion of the behavior of parasites and predators.
Essay Topic 2
Describe Dillard's encounter with the circular snake skin. How did she use it in thinking about time? Do you agree with her beliefs about time? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay about praying mantis. Include Dillard's observations, her knowledge from other sources, her reactions and feeling towards praying mantis and any beliefs she may have formed because of her thoughts on this insect.
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)