|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Dillard says stalk caribou herds for days?
2. What does Dillard believe the flood shows about nature?
3. Dillard suggests that the physical world is "all touch and go." What does she mean by this?
4. What has Dillard decided is the meaning of death?
5. How did early man view locusts?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Dillard often uses stories from the Eskimo culture to help her pull meaning from her observations. Discuss two of the stories Dillard has told from the Eskimo culture and their relevance to some knowledge she was trying to work through.
Essay Topic 2
Dillard understands the world of predators better than that of parasites. She writes that at least one has a fighting chance when up against a predator. Why do you think she felt this way? Use examples in your discussion of the behavior of parasites and predators.
Essay Topic 3
In the first part of chapter eight, the author goes into great detail about many phenomena of the natural world. Write about some of the details she has written. How has her writing changed in this chapter to reflect the theme of the intricacy of nature?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)