|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Dillard says stalk caribou herds for days?
(b) polar bears
(d) mountain lions
2. What does Dillard find out about muskrats and humans?
(a) they both like water
(b) they're both nocturnal
(c) they eat the same foods
(d) if a muskrat is aware of human's presence, it will not appear
3. What would Dillard term passive pursuit of animals?
(a) going to a zoo
(b) watching animals from the bridge over the creek
(c) going on a camera safari
(d) watching Animal Planet
4. In Chapter 9 Dillard is uneasy and hears what seems to be gunshots. What did she actually hear?
(b) a cap gun
(c) a garbage truck backfiring
(d) a motorcycle
5. What does Dillard see as the price of life?
(b) lack of control
(c) being eaten by a greater predator
(d) having to work constantly for food
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 13, Dillard is still obsessed about nature. In what way?
2. What lures birds of all species out of their summer hiding places?
3. Where are the answer to #163 going?
4. When moving towards a muskrat, how does one keep from scaring it?
5. The balance enables her to think about the beauty without doing what?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)