|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Dillard says stalk caribou herds for days?
(a) mountain lions
(b) polar bears
2. What does Dillard find out about muskrats and humans?
(a) if a muskrat is aware of human's presence, it will not appear
(b) they're both nocturnal
(c) they eat the same foods
(d) they both like water
3. How large might a root system for winter rye grass plant grow?
(a) 378 miles of roots and 6,000 miles of root hairs
(b) a shallow system above ground spread for 15 acres
(c) one root that grows straight down for 100 yards
(d) 65 miles of roots and 2,000 miles of root hairs
4. What percentage of insects are parasites?
(a) ten percent
(b) forty percent
(c) thirty percent
(d) five percent
5. What does Dillard say is the driving force after reproduction in the animal kingdom?
(a) protecting the young
(b) knowing God
(c) finding food
(d) having a nice place to live
Short Answer Questions
1. Eskimos believe it is a great honor to be incarnated as what?
2. What has Dillard decided is the meaning of death?
3. What does the author see as somewhat synonymous with the creator, or God?
4. The previous year, what did Hurricane Agnes do in the area?
5. When a mosquito bites a snake, what happens?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)