|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does the migration of monarchs continue?
(a) most of the fall
(b) a month
(c) a week
(d) five days
2. At the end of the book, Dillard walks with two words in her mind. What are they?
(a) yes and no
(b) life and death
(c) glory and amen
(d) good and evil
3. What does Dillard believe about the death of the self?
(a) it is a type of transformation
(b) it is a part of life
(c) it would take a lifetime
(d) it is painless
4. The balance enables her to think about the beauty without doing what?
(a) constantly remember the aspects of nature which she finds ugly
(b) making all of nature good
(c) making all of nature bad
(d) wanting to move to a large city and never be in nature again
5. When Richmond loses electricity Dillard says something happened at the governor's mansion. What?
(a) the first floor is flooded
(b) the basement is destroyed
(c) the security alarm quit working
(d) one bulb in the governor's mansion continues to glow
Short Answer Questions
1. The previous year, what did Hurricane Agnes do in the area?
2. What does the author think about the price of fish?
3. After the butterflies finally leave, how does the sky seem to the author?
4. When Dillard discovers so much violence and horror in the natural world, how does she feel?
5. Ultimately, what does Dillard say about predators or parasites?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)