|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a towhee?
(a) a brown and red snake
(b) a type of large rodent
(c) a large bird
(d) a type of domesticated parrot
2. What does the author think about fish?
(a) they are quiet animals
(b) they are fairly clean food
(c) they are rather dumb water inhabitants
(d) they are spirit food
3. At the end of the book, Dillard walks with two words in her mind. What are they?
(a) glory and amen
(b) life and death
(c) yes and no
(d) good and evil
4. What does the author see as somewhat synonymous with the creator, or God?
(d) the sun
5. In Chapter 13, Dillard quotes Van Gogh. What did she quote?
(a) life is not art
(b) it's important to see
(c) the important thing is to breathe
(d) life is not pretty
Short Answer Questions
1. In this book the author is not only striving to understand the natural world, but to understand this acceptance:
2. How long does the migration of monarchs continue?
3. How did early man view locusts?
4. What does Dillard mean when she says she's willing to sacrifice a little blood in order to be "in the thick of things?"
5. What are the "horns of the altar?"
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)