|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Dillard decided is the meaning of death?
(a) a way to join the creator
(b) one merely joins the earth at death
(c) it must happen or the earth could not sustain everything
(d) a journey to a far land
2. Dillard says that if plants had emotions, she would applaud this:
(a) their willingness to live in harmony
(b) their ability to fly in the teeth of it all
(c) their kindness
(d) their ability to tolerate other life forms
3. What does the author think the existence of parasites makes the world?
(b) nothing, parasites don't affect the world
(c) a horrible place
(d) more real
4. Dillard suggests that the physical world is "all touch and go." What does she mean by this?
(a) death is easy
(b) things happen really fast
(c) time doesn't wait for anyone
(d) life is uncertain
5. What is necessary in order for the the gooseneck barnacle to reproduce?
(a) it must find water of an exact salinity
(b) it must find a certain type of seaweed to cling to
(c) it must find any piece of debris to cling to in the middle of the ocean
(d) it must find a wrecked ship not more than one-half mile down
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 13, Dillard is still obsessed about nature. In what way?
2. What does the principle of indeterminacy invalidate?
3. What percentage of insects are parasites?
4. What is the other type of poisonous snake besides the answer in #139, that lives around the creek area?
5. What would Dillard suggest for food instead of creature eating creature?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)