|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 14, what have arrived in swarm from the Hudson Bay area?
(a) monarch butterflies
(b) lunar moths
(d) house wrens
2. The balance enables her to think about the beauty without doing what?
(a) making all of nature good
(b) making all of nature bad
(c) wanting to move to a large city and never be in nature again
(d) constantly remember the aspects of nature which she finds ugly
3. What percentage of insects are parasites?
(a) forty percent
(b) ten percent
(c) thirty percent
(d) five percent
4. In Chapter 13, Dillard quotes Van Gogh. What did she quote?
(a) the important thing is to breathe
(b) it's important to see
(c) life is not pretty
(d) life is not art
5. What could happen if the caribou migrate out of the Eskimo's range?
(a) the polar bears will follow the herds
(b) the Eskimos won't have enough fur for coats
(c) remote Eskimo tribes can starve
(d) they won't get culled and will overpopulate
Short Answer Questions
1. When Dillard saw migrating Canadian geese fly, speeding across the duck pond, what did she think?
2. Dillard believes that few humans have been as cruel as what, in the natural world?
3. Dillard suggests that the physical world is "all touch and go." What does she mean by this?
4. What does Dillard mean when she says she's willing to sacrifice a little blood in order to be "in the thick of things?"
5. For wild animals, Dillards sees enduring parasitic invasions as what?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)