|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the muskrat young called?
(a) a kitten
(b) a puppy
(c) a baby
(d) a kit
2. In Chapter 13, Dillard is still obsessed about nature. In what way?
(a) about the beauty of an oak leaf
(b) against the seeming cruelty of nature
(c) about humans destroying nature
(d) about the rain and the sound of water
3. Why would Dillard say some trees are like body builders?
(a) some trees are capable of splitting and lifting boulders weighing more than a ton
(b) their body is so
(c) they can hold up a lot of weight
(d) they keep adding to their limbs,
4. What is a towhee?
(a) a type of large rodent
(b) a large bird
(c) a type of domesticated parrot
(d) a brown and red snake
5. After the butterflies finally leave, how does the sky seem to the author?
(a) big and never ending
(c) like normal
(d) barren of color
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 14, what have arrived in swarm from the Hudson Bay area?
2. When ancient Hebrews sacrificed an animal to their god, how did they use the horns?
3. What does the author think about as she watches the flood waters?
4. At the end of the book, Dillard walks with two words in her mind. What are they?
5. What would Dillard suggest for food instead of creature eating creature?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)