|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dillard believe about the death of the self?
(a) it is painless
(b) it would take a lifetime
(c) it is a type of transformation
(d) it is a part of life
2. What would Dillard term passive pursuit of animals?
(a) going on a camera safari
(b) watching Animal Planet
(c) going to a zoo
(d) watching animals from the bridge over the creek
3. What does the principle of indeterminacy invalidate?
(a) the notion of cause and effect
(b) that the moon causes the tides
(c) that hummingbirds can sit still
(d) that light travels in a circle
4. In Chapter 13, Dillard is still obsessed about nature. In what way?
(a) about humans destroying nature
(b) about the rain and the sound of water
(c) against the seeming cruelty of nature
(d) about the beauty of an oak leaf
5. Ultimately, at the end of the book, what is Dillard's overwhelming feeling?
Short Answer Questions
1. Fecundity could be defined as:
2. What does the author see as somewhat synonymous with the creator, or God?
3. Who does Dillard says stalk caribou herds for days?
4. How would Dillard like to see death?
5. What principle has lead many physicists to mysticism?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)