|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Silvery eels swim to the sea after eight years of maturing in obscure creeks and rivers. What happens to them at the sea?
(a) they mate with other eels then return to the fresh water
(b) they lay their eggs and then die
(c) they lay eggs and then go into deep water for the rest of their lives
(d) they have offspring and bring them back in two years
2. Where are the answer to #163 going?
(a) to California
(b) to the ocean
(c) to Tinker Creek
(d) to the south
3. What does the author think about the price of fish?
(a) the price is high due to overfishing
(b) they're a cheap source of protein
(c) they cost more than beef
(d) fish are free for anyone to gather from the waters
4. In Chapter 13, Dillard is still obsessed about nature. In what way?
(a) about the rain and the sound of water
(b) against the seeming cruelty of nature
(c) about humans destroying nature
(d) about the beauty of an oak leaf
5. What does Dillard find out about muskrats and humans?
(a) if a muskrat is aware of human's presence, it will not appear
(b) they both like water
(c) they're both nocturnal
(d) they eat the same foods
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Dillard decided is the meaning of death?
2. Believing natural disasters were sent by God is an example of what?
3. In Chapter 14, Dillard quotes a fifth century Egyptian mystic as saying what?
4. Dillard suggests that the physical world is "all touch and go." What does she mean by this?
5. What lures birds of all species out of their summer hiding places?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)