|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 13, Dillard is still obsessed about nature. In what way?
(a) about the rain and the sound of water
(b) about humans destroying nature
(c) about the beauty of an oak leaf
(d) against the seeming cruelty of nature
2. How would Dillard like to see death?
(a) as another journey
(b) as benign
(c) as a mean part of creation
(d) as something to embrace
3. In Chapter 14, Dillard quotes a fifth century Egyptian mystic as saying what?
(a) meditate outside and you will know the outside
(b) winter gives rest, as spring energy
(c) fall is the splash of color before the white of winter
(d) go and sit in your cell, and your cell will teach you everything
4. Dillard says that if plants had emotions, she would applaud this:
(a) their kindness
(b) their ability to tolerate other life forms
(c) their ability to fly in the teeth of it all
(d) their willingness to live in harmony
5. In Chapter 9 Dillard is uneasy and hears what seems to be gunshots. What did she actually hear?
(a) a motorcycle
(c) a cap gun
(d) a garbage truck backfiring
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author think about the price of fish?
2. Ultimately, at the end of the book, what is Dillard's overwhelming feeling?
3. When a mosquito bites a snake, what happens?
4. When Dillard saw migrating Canadian geese fly, speeding across the duck pond, what did she think?
5. What does Dillard think the butterflies smell like?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)