|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are the answer to #163 going?
(a) to the ocean
(b) to the south
(c) to California
(d) to Tinker Creek
2. What does Dillard see as the difference between a parasite and a predator?
(a) the predator is more honest
(b) nothing they're both bad
(c) it's easier to pick out the predator
(d) at least one has a fighting chance when up against a predator
3. How long does the migration of monarchs continue?
(a) most of the fall
(b) five days
(c) a week
(d) a month
4. What did a Russian botanist discover about locusts?
(a) locusts will eat other insects
(b) locusts have too many babies
(c) locusts breed in the water
(d) locusts are merely grasshoppers under stress
5. When Dillard scrapes the outer coating from a monarch's wing, what is left?
(a) a pale pink membrane
(b) a thin, translucent membrane, crisscrossed with black lines
(c) nothing, the wings are too fragile to scrape
(d) the wings are the same color the whole way through
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 14, what have arrived in swarm from the Hudson Bay area?
2. In Chapter 13, Dillard spies a snake. What kind is it?
3. What does Dillard believe is destroyed in the flood?
4. How does Dillard finally reconcile a kind, loving creator with the carnage she observes in the natural world?
5. How would Dillard like to see death?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)