|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What serves as a catalyst to ready the birds for migration?
(a) catepillers making cocoons
(b) the fall air
(c) lack of flowers in the landscape
(d) the leaves turning colors
2. When a mosquito bites a snake, what happens?
(a) mosquitoes carry snake blood to other animals
(b) the mosquito lays its eggs under the scales
(c) nothing, mosquitoes feed on snakes
(d) the mosquito dies from the snake blood
3. In Chapter 10, what does Dillard see as making life easier?
(a) staying in a state of denial
(b) accepting that everything dies
(c) living in the city
(d) a lot of money
4. What is the other type of poisonous snake besides the answer in #139, that lives around the creek area?
(a) cotton mouth
(b) timber rattler
(c) side winder
(d) coral snake
5. When Dillard discovers so much violence and horror in the natural world, how does she feel?
(a) depressed that the world was created so
(b) confused because it seems contradictory to logic
(c) disillusioned as to the goodness of creation and the creator
(d) relieved that insects are killed in such large numbers
Short Answer Questions
1. What would Dillard term passive pursuit of animals?
2. How did the Romans use the horns of the altar?
3. What did a Russian botanist discover about locusts?
4. What does the author think about the price of fish?
5. The development of science leads to what, according to the author?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)