|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 13, Dillard quotes Van Gogh. What did she quote?
(a) life is not pretty
(b) the important thing is to breathe
(c) it's important to see
(d) life is not art
2. What does the author see as somewhat synonymous with the creator, or God?
(d) the sun
3. In Chapter 14, Dillard quotes a fifth century Egyptian mystic as saying what?
(a) meditate outside and you will know the outside
(b) go and sit in your cell, and your cell will teach you everything
(c) fall is the splash of color before the white of winter
(d) winter gives rest, as spring energy
4. What does Dillard say is the driving force after reproduction in the animal kingdom?
(a) knowing God
(b) having a nice place to live
(c) finding food
(d) protecting the young
5. When Richmond loses electricity Dillard says something happened at the governor's mansion. What?
(a) the security alarm quit working
(b) one bulb in the governor's mansion continues to glow
(c) the basement is destroyed
(d) the first floor is flooded
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Dillard says stalk caribou herds for days?
2. How large might a root system for winter rye grass plant grow?
3. What does Dillard see as the difference between a parasite and a predator?
4. What does Dillard believe about the death of the self?
5. In Chapter 14, what have arrived in swarm from the Hudson Bay area?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)