|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The development of science leads to what, according to the author?
(a) a car that doesn't pollute
(b) technological advances
(c) new healing techniques
2. How did the Romans use the horns of the altar?
(a) to tie their goats to which worshipping
(b) they'd grasp the horns and swear by them
(c) used to move the altar
(d) to kill geese with
3. What does Dillard think the butterflies smell like?
(a) fall leaves
(c) Tinker Creek
4. What does Dillard believe is destroyed in the flood?
(a) a beaver's dam
(b) the plankton
(c) the bee hives in the field
(d) the creek bed
5. Ultimately, what does Dillard say about predators or parasites?
(a) it's eat or starve no matter who you are
(b) a predator can be infested with a parasite
(c) predators get parasites from their food
(d) parasites are suicidal
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the author see the violence in the natural world?
2. What does Dillard see as the price of life?
3. The previous year, what did Hurricane Agnes do in the area?
4. What would Dillard suggest for food instead of creature eating creature?
5. What does Dillard believe the flood shows about nature?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)