|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ultimately, what does Dillard say about predators or parasites?
(a) it's eat or starve no matter who you are
(b) a predator can be infested with a parasite
(c) predators get parasites from their food
(d) parasites are suicidal
2. Fecundity could be defined as:
(a) prolific in offspring
(b) a type of fat
(c) always hungry
(d) wasteful of resources
3. What do the Eskimos do with the greens in their prey's stomach?
(a) throw them in the ocean
(b) they never look in the stomach
(c) feed them to their dogs
(d) eat them
4. What does Dillard see as the difference between a parasite and a predator?
(a) the predator is more honest
(b) it's easier to pick out the predator
(c) at least one has a fighting chance when up against a predator
(d) nothing they're both bad
5. In Chapter 13, Dillard is still obsessed about nature. In what way?
(a) about the beauty of an oak leaf
(b) about the rain and the sound of water
(c) about humans destroying nature
(d) against the seeming cruelty of nature
Short Answer Questions
1. The balance enables her to think about the beauty without doing what?
2. What does Dillard believe the flood shows about nature?
3. What does the author believe about the difference between abundant plant life and abundant insect life?
4. What does the term the term "northing" mean?
5. When moving towards a muskrat, how does one keep from scaring it?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)