|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why would Dillard say some trees are like body builders?
(a) some trees are capable of splitting and lifting boulders weighing more than a ton
(b) their body is so
(c) they can hold up a lot of weight
(d) they keep adding to their limbs,
2. When ancient Hebrews sacrificed an animal to their god, how did they use the horns?
(a) to cage the animal
(b) they didn't use them
(c) to strenthen the altar for a larger animal
(d) poured blood into the horns
3. What does Dillard see as the price of life?
(a) lack of control
(b) being eaten by a greater predator
(c) having to work constantly for food
4. What does the author think about fish?
(a) they are quiet animals
(b) they are spirit food
(c) they are rather dumb water inhabitants
(d) they are fairly clean food
5. Dillard is sometimes allowed one brief glimpse of a creature. What does she call these glimpses?
(a) her destiny
(b) an act of fate
(c) pure good luck
(d) a gift of abundance
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author see as somewhat synonymous with the creator, or God?
2. How much impact on any of the creatures, mountains, or creek around her does the author think she has?
3. What does Dillard believe about the death of the self?
4. What serves as a catalyst to ready the birds for migration?
5. What does the principle of indeterminacy invalidate?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)