|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the author see the violence in the natural world?
(a) as something that needs changed
(b) as inevitable
(c) as a symbolic sacrifice
(d) as a mistake God made
2. Where are the answer to #163 going?
(a) to the ocean
(b) to California
(c) to Tinker Creek
(d) to the south
3. What does the principle of indeterminacy invalidate?
(a) that light travels in a circle
(b) the notion of cause and effect
(c) that the moon causes the tides
(d) that hummingbirds can sit still
4. In Chapter 9 Dillard is uneasy and hears what seems to be gunshots. What did she actually hear?
(a) a cap gun
(b) a motorcycle
(d) a garbage truck backfiring
5. For wild animals, Dillards sees enduring parasitic invasions as what?
(a) the cost of life
(b) something deadly
(c) a way for animals to die
(d) as a blessing
Short Answer Questions
1. Why would Dillard say some trees are like body builders?
2. How large might a root system for winter rye grass plant grow?
3. What does the author think about fish?
4. In this book the author is not only striving to understand the natural world, but to understand this acceptance:
5. Ultimately, at the end of the book, what is Dillard's overwhelming feeling?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)