|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dillard mean when she says she's willing to sacrifice a little blood in order to be "in the thick of things?"
(a) she'd bleed to pick a rose
(b) she'd pick up a wild animal that might bite her
(c) she would fight on the front lines in any battle
(d) she would rather live life to its fullest even if it means being in danger
2. What makes birds harder to watch than insects?
(a) there are less of them
(b) they fly faster
(c) they are not often on the ground
(d) birds seem much more aware of their surroundings
3. What is a towhee?
(a) a brown and red snake
(b) a large bird
(c) a type of domesticated parrot
(d) a type of large rodent
4. Dillard believes that few humans have been as cruel as what, in the natural world?
(a) hurricanes which kill plants and animals
(b) bugs who eat their prey live
(c) the female preying mantis
(d) sharks that will eat almost anything
5. What does the term the term "northing" mean?
(a) types of birds that don't migrate
(b) denotes traveling in a northerly direction
(c) the name the Eskimoes use for themselves
(d) someone who lives near the artic circle
Short Answer Questions
1. When ancient Hebrews sacrificed an animal to their god, how did they use the horns?
2. What does the author think about the price of fish?
3. What does Dillard believe is destroyed in the flood?
4. What does Dillard find out about muskrats and humans?
5. When a mosquito bites a snake, what happens?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)