|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Believing natural disasters were sent by God is an example of what?
(a) not having a good science background
(b) having faith
(c) not understanding God
(d) applying a spiritual interpretation to a natural phenomenon
2. What serves as a catalyst to ready the birds for migration?
(a) the leaves turning colors
(b) catepillers making cocoons
(c) lack of flowers in the landscape
(d) the fall air
3. What does Dillard believe is destroyed in the flood?
(a) a beaver's dam
(b) the bee hives in the field
(c) the plankton
(d) the creek bed
4. How much impact on any of the creatures, mountains, or creek around her does the author think she has?
(a) she has no impact at all
(b) as much as any other creature
(c) very little
(d) too much
5. Ultimately, at the end of the book, what is Dillard's overwhelming feeling?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did a Russian botanist discover about locusts?
2. The previous year, what did Hurricane Agnes do in the area?
3. How does the author see the violence in the natural world?
4. In Chapter 13, Dillard quotes Van Gogh. What did she quote?
5. What does Dillard believe the flood shows about nature?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)