|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14, Section 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dillard find out about muskrats and humans?
(a) if a muskrat is aware of human's presence, it will not appear
(b) they both like water
(c) they eat the same foods
(d) they're both nocturnal
2. What does the author think about the price of fish?
(a) the price is high due to overfishing
(b) they cost more than beef
(c) fish are free for anyone to gather from the waters
(d) they're a cheap source of protein
3. Why do the male praying mantis come near the female?
(a) the females have a long, whip-like appendage that grabs the male
(b) he has a chemical in his abdomen that encourages him
(c) the male is born to be the mate of a certain femal
(d) the female is bigger and stronger and makes him
4. What does Dillard think the butterflies smell like?
(a) Tinker Creek
(d) fall leaves
5. At a ranch, Dillard drew a horse. It wasn't a good picture. Others who lived at the ranch drew great horses. Why?
(a) they were more artistic
(b) they knew all the bones and muscles of a horse
(c) they loved horses
(d) they had a lot of practice drawing horses
Short Answer Questions
1. When Dillard is looking at a stream, where does she look?
2. What serves as a catalyst to ready the birds for migration?
3. What does the author believe about the difference between abundant plant life and abundant insect life?
4. What is necessary in order for the the gooseneck barnacle to reproduce?
5. When Dillard moves from describing details of creation to trying to understand more about creation what is she doing?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)