|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14, Section 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why would Dillard say some trees are like body builders?
(a) their body is so
(b) some trees are capable of splitting and lifting boulders weighing more than a ton
(c) they can hold up a lot of weight
(d) they keep adding to their limbs,
2. What did the animal in question #1 often leave on Dillard's nightgown?
(a) wet, slimy mud off his paws
(b) cat hairs
(c) bloody, rose-shaped paw prints
(d) a dead mouse
3. What is the other type of poisonous snake besides the answer in #139, that lives around the creek area?
(a) coral snake
(b) side winder
(c) cotton mouth
(d) timber rattler
4. What does Dillard say is the driving force after reproduction in the animal kingdom?
(a) protecting the young
(b) knowing God
(c) finding food
(d) having a nice place to live
5. What is figurative seeing?
(a) seeing with the inner eye and looking beyond outward appearances
(b) watching the invisible
(c) seeing in dreams
(d) closing the eyes and seeing another world
Short Answer Questions
1. When Dillard moves from describing details of creation to trying to understand more about creation what is she doing?
2. Dillard believes that, with indifference, nature hides what?
3. What does the author think the existence of parasites makes the world?
4. What does Dillard think is the reason for so many forms of insects?
5. How long does it take a tree to recreate ninety-nine percent of its living parts?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)