|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14, Section 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the animal in question #1 often leave on Dillard's nightgown?
(a) wet, slimy mud off his paws
(b) cat hairs
(c) a dead mouse
(d) bloody, rose-shaped paw prints
2. In addition to form and texture, what does the author believe influences beauty?
(a) time of day
3. What does Dillard find out about muskrats and humans?
(a) they both like water
(b) if a muskrat is aware of human's presence, it will not appear
(c) they eat the same foods
(d) they're both nocturnal
4. What does Dillard see as the price of life?
(b) being eaten by a greater predator
(c) lack of control
(d) having to work constantly for food
5. In Chapter 2, Dillard talks of a game she played where she would hide what?
(b) dimes and quarters
(c) Easter eggs
(d) Raggedy Ann dolls
Short Answer Questions
1. How much of life which has ever been created, is living at the present time?
2. Dillard is sometimes allowed one brief glimpse of a creature. What does she call these glimpses?
3. How much impact on any of the creatures, mountains, or creek around her does the author think she has?
4. In Chapter 9 Dillard is uneasy and hears what seems to be gunshots. What did she actually hear?
5. Dillard writes that she is an avid collector of what?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)