|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14, Section 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 13, Dillard is still obsessed about nature. In what way?
(a) about humans destroying nature
(b) about the rain and the sound of water
(c) about the beauty of an oak leaf
(d) against the seeming cruelty of nature
2. How does Dillard believe the seeking of God takes place?
(a) God is everywhere but the best place to seek is in church
(b) Singing in the shower
(c) God is in nature
(d) the seeking of God is a continuous loop, which never ends
3. What does Dillard say happens the moment you are aware of the present?
(a) it becomes the past
(b) it freezes
(c) it no longer matters
(d) you lose it
4. Fecundity could be defined as:
(a) wasteful of resources
(b) a type of fat
(c) always hungry
(d) prolific in offspring
5. What does the author think about as she watches the flood waters?
(a) the waters are very powerful
(b) the well won't run dry for a while
(c) surf's up
(d) what the animals do in a flood
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the animal in question #1 do to to get Dillard's attention?
2. What is the muskrat young called?
3. What causes most insects' behavior?
4. Dillard says the agnostic asks who created the universe. What does a believer ask?
5. Dillard believes that "weather overlaps" which causes what?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)