|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13, Section 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dillard find out about muskrats and humans?
(a) if a muskrat is aware of human's presence, it will not appear
(b) they eat the same foods
(c) they both like water
(d) they're both nocturnal
2. What is the "Principle of Indeterminacy?"
(a) one cannot know how far a star is by looking at it
(b) one can not know both the velocity and the position of a particle
(c) it is not possible to determine the sex of a baby muskrat
(d) the time of day cannot be determined from looking at the sky
3. How does the author see the violence in the natural world?
(a) as something that needs changed
(b) as inevitable
(c) as a mistake God made
(d) as a symbolic sacrifice
4. Dillard writes that she is an avid collector of what?
(a) facts and ideas
(b) snake skins
(d) strange insects
5. After she examines the snake skin closely, what does she figure out?
(a) it was alive
(b) it was not real
(c) she realizes that the snake had turned parts of the skin inside out, making it appear as though the skin is in a knot
(d) it was not a snake but a long, skinny lizard
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Dillard visualize the present?
2. What does Dillard believe is destroyed in the flood?
3. What is figurative seeing?
4. Dillard says that if plants had emotions, she would applaud this:
5. How do blind people who suddenly gain sight usually see objects at first?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)