|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13, Section 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the animal in question #1 often leave on Dillard's nightgown?
(a) bloody, rose-shaped paw prints
(b) a dead mouse
(c) cat hairs
(d) wet, slimy mud off his paws
2. Even though she is no scientist, what did Dillard decide she will do in her valley?
(a) raise sheep
(b) erect a new cabin
(c) she will explore her valley and report the unmapped frontiers
(d) plant a flower garden
3. Who does Dillard think gravitates towards the field of botany?
(a) people who were raised in rural areas
(b) truly ethical thinkers
(c) no one in particular
(d) those who don't like people
4. What does Dillard mean when she says she's willing to sacrifice a little blood in order to be "in the thick of things?"
(a) she would fight on the front lines in any battle
(b) she'd bleed to pick a rose
(c) she would rather live life to its fullest even if it means being in danger
(d) she'd pick up a wild animal that might bite her
5. Ultimately, what does Dillard say about predators or parasites?
(a) predators get parasites from their food
(b) a predator can be infested with a parasite
(c) parasites are suicidal
(d) it's eat or starve no matter who you are
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 5 Dillard writes about finding a snake. What appeared peculiar about the snake?
2. How did the Romans use the horns of the altar?
3. Believing natural disasters were sent by God is an example of what?
4. What does Dillard see as the price of life?
5. What is Dillard illustrating in her story about the Polyphemus moth from her childhood?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)