|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13, Section 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What about the creek creates healing sounds?
(a) the sound of fish jumping at dusk
(b) the lap of the water against the bank
(c) the sound of frogs jumping into the water
(d) the creek is sprinkled with large rocks, which enliven the water
2. When Richmond loses electricity Dillard says something happened at the governor's mansion. What?
(a) the basement is destroyed
(b) the first floor is flooded
(c) the security alarm quit working
(d) one bulb in the governor's mansion continues to glow
3. What causes most insects' behavior?
(a) external stimuli
(b) imitating parents
(c) the structure of their exoskeleton
(d) innate programming
4. If you could watch the unfolding through time of every thing that ever existed on Earth, what does Dillard say you would see?
(a) destruction and fear
(c) upheaval and violence
(d) an endless tempest of beauty
5. What does Dillard believe is healing?
(b) soothing music
(c) white clouds in blue skies
(d) flowing water
Short Answer Questions
1. At a ranch, Dillard drew a horse. It wasn't a good picture. Others who lived at the ranch drew great horses. Why?
2. What do the Eskimos do with the greens in their prey's stomach?
3. Dillard suggests that the physical world is "all touch and go." What does she mean by this?
4. She claims the ability to see what is hidden is what?
5. What does Dillard think is the reason for so many forms of insects?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)