|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11, Section 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author believe about acts of physical courage?
(a) they are energizing
(b) they are heroic
(c) men do them more than women
(d) they can tire you out
2. How do praying mantises mate?
(a) A female will mate and devour up to seven male mantises
(b) the male kills the female when done and takes over the eggs
(c) the female lays eggs and the male comes by and fertilizes them
(d) they mate like people
3. What did Dillard do at one time about insects as a child?
(a) shooed them out of the house before her mother could kill them
(b) killed bugs with carbon tetrachloride and then pinned them on labeled boards
(c) watched them in the grass with a magnifying glass
(d) catch fireflies in glass jars to watch them glow
4. How does a young muskrat get fed?
(a) the mother brings it mouthfuls of grass
(b) it eats small insects
(c) it eats birds eggs
(d) it gets plankton fromt he water
5. In Chapter 5 Dillard writes about finding a snake. What appeared peculiar about the snake?
(a) it was tied in a knot
(b) it had two heads
(c) it was pure white
(d) it had a outer and inner skin
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 2, Dillard talks of a game she played where she would hide what?
2. What does Dillard see as the price of life?
3. Thinking about God and nature, what does Dillard come to believe is possible?
4. How does the author say one can obtain "unself-conscious state?"
5. When Dillard raps on the goldfish bowl, what does the fish do?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)