|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11, Section 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What would Dillard term passive pursuit of animals?
(a) going to a zoo
(b) going on a camera safari
(c) watching animals from the bridge over the creek
(d) watching Animal Planet
2. The previous year, what did Hurricane Agnes do in the area?
(a) wiped out all the flowers in the area
(b) blew a tree down on top of Dillard's cabin
(c) it missed the area, so it did nothing
(d) dumped enormous amounts of rain
3. How does Dillard think of Tinker Creek in the first chapter?
(a) as a scary, mysterious place
(b) as an anchor that keeps her steady in the current of life
(c) as a place that time forgot
(d) that she'd rather live somewhere else
4. What does Dillard suggest is a similarity between her and plankton?
(a) they both live alone
(b) they are both unaware of what they're doing
(c) they both live in or near Tinker Creek
(d) they both carry stuff on their back
5. What does the author think about fish?
(a) they are quiet animals
(b) they are fairly clean food
(c) they are spirit food
(d) they are rather dumb water inhabitants
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 7 who gravitates towards the circle on the bottom of Dillard's fishbowl?
2. Dillard says the agnostic asks who created the universe. What does a believer ask?
3. What does the author believe about the difference between abundant plant life and abundant insect life?
4. How were Starlings are introduced to America from Europe?
5. What did the animal in question #1 often leave on Dillard's nightgown?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)