|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11, Section 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Dillard writes that she is an avid collector of what?
(a) facts and ideas
(b) snake skins
(d) strange insects
2. What does Dillard say about the muskrat fur?
(a) they are the most popular fur animal in North America
(b) it tends to be spotty
(c) it's thin and of little use
(d) it's smelly when wet
3. One branch of Jewish philosophy believes that part of the responsibility of humans is to do what?
(a) to help God by hallowing creation
(b) planting trees
(c) to experience the moment
(d) stand in for God with the animals
4. What is the literal act of seeing?
(a) learning how to spot the different wildlife
(b) opening the eyes and looking straight ahead
(c) using binoculars to see a great distance
(d) watching for movement in the clouds
5. What does Dillard's fascination and stories about praying mantises demonstrate?
(a) both her fascination and revulsion of the world of nature
(b) she never saw insects before moving to Tinker Creek
(c) she watches horror movies too
(d) she wants to change the way some things are
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dillard believe about nature and change?
2. How did Radford, Virginia decide to control their starling problem?
3. Why did Dillard name this chapter "Seeing?"
4. Thinking about God and nature, what does Dillard come to believe is possible?
5. When moving towards a muskrat, how does one keep from scaring it?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)