|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Section 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At a ranch, Dillard drew a horse. It wasn't a good picture. Others who lived at the ranch drew great horses. Why?
(a) they had a lot of practice drawing horses
(b) they were more artistic
(c) they knew all the bones and muscles of a horse
(d) they loved horses
2. Why does Dillard believe humans are vulnerable?
(a) because of how easy it is for death to find them
(b) because there is a lot of violence in the world
(c) because humans are emotionally out of control
(d) because humans are gullible
3. How do mice reach the grain at the top of a stalk?
(a) they wait for the farmer to cut the field
(b) mice chew wheat stems piece by piece
(c) they climb the stalk on the back of other mice
(d) they climb a tree and jump onto the stalk
4. What is the analogy she draws between the snake skin and the seasons?
(a) snakes shed skins in accordance with the seasons
(b) snakes move depending on the season
(c) seasons are a continuous loop, just as she thought the snakeskin was
(d) there is no analogy between snakes and seasons
5. What does Dillard believe is healing?
(a) white clouds in blue skies
(b) flowing water
(c) soothing music
Short Answer Questions
1. Generally, what will praying mantises eat?
2. What does Dillard say is the way to tell winter has arrived?
3. What does the author say the future is?
4. What about the creek creates healing sounds?
5. Why did Dillard name this chapter "Seeing?"
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)