|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Section 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Dillard believes that "weather overlaps" which causes what?
(a) there is only a few weeks of any season that is distinguishable from the former or following
(b) sun shining when it's raining
(c) snow on Easter
(d) rain in the backyard and sun in the front yard
2. What is the analogy she draws between the snake skin and the seasons?
(a) snakes move depending on the season
(b) seasons are a continuous loop, just as she thought the snakeskin was
(c) there is no analogy between snakes and seasons
(d) snakes shed skins in accordance with the seasons
3. If there were only one tree in the world, what would happen, according to the author?
(a) the world would cease to exist
(b) all creatures would travel to touch it in order to feel secure
(c) there would not be enough oxygen to breath
(d) humans would all live around the tree
4. According to Dillard, how is the past healed?
(a) if one stays in the present, the past is healed
(b) by meditating on forgiveness
(c) by focusing on the future
(d) by ignoring it
5. What does the animal in question #1 do to to get Dillard's attention?
(a) bats her leg with his paw
(b) meows loudly
(c) knocks her glasses off onto the floor
(d) jumps in through the open window and climbs on Dillard's chest
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dillard believe is healing?
2. How do blind people who suddenly gain sight usually see objects at first?
3. After she examines the snake skin closely, what does she figure out?
4. Where does Dillard makes a pilgrimage to every month?
5. How do ladybugs hibernate?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)