|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Section 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Dillard believes that "weather overlaps" which causes what?
(a) snow on Easter
(b) rain in the backyard and sun in the front yard
(c) sun shining when it's raining
(d) there is only a few weeks of any season that is distinguishable from the former or following
2. Why do the male praying mantis come near the female?
(a) he has a chemical in his abdomen that encourages him
(b) the female is bigger and stronger and makes him
(c) the females have a long, whip-like appendage that grabs the male
(d) the male is born to be the mate of a certain femal
3. Where does Dillard makes a pilgrimage to every month?
(a) the island that bisects Tinker Creek
(b) the the local church
(c) the small town a few miles away
(d) to visit her mother in another state
4. What does Dillard say about humans and change?
(a) humans abhor statis
(b) humans hate change
(c) humans believe change is necessary
(d) humans believe stability if good
5. What does Dillard say happens the moment you are aware of the present?
(a) it freezes
(b) it no longer matters
(c) it becomes the past
(d) you lose it
Short Answer Questions
1. At a ranch, Dillard drew a horse. It wasn't a good picture. Others who lived at the ranch drew great horses. Why?
2. What does Dillard say is the way to tell winter has arrived?
3. How do blind people who suddenly gain sight usually see objects at first?
4. If there were only one tree in the world, what would happen, according to the author?
5. What did the animal in question #1 often leave on Dillard's nightgown?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)