|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Even though she is no scientist, what did Dillard decide she will do in her valley?
(a) erect a new cabin
(b) she will explore her valley and report the unmapped frontiers
(c) raise sheep
(d) plant a flower garden
2. How does Dillard believe the seeking of God takes place?
(a) God is everywhere but the best place to seek is in church
(b) Singing in the shower
(c) the seeking of God is a continuous loop, which never ends
(d) God is in nature
3. How do praying mantises mate?
(a) A female will mate and devour up to seven male mantises
(b) they mate like people
(c) the male kills the female when done and takes over the eggs
(d) the female lays eggs and the male comes by and fertilizes them
4. What is figurative seeing?
(a) closing the eyes and seeing another world
(b) watching the invisible
(c) seeing with the inner eye and looking beyond outward appearances
(d) seeing in dreams
5. In Chapter 5 Dillard writes about finding a snake. What appeared peculiar about the snake?
(a) it was pure white
(b) it was tied in a knot
(c) it had a outer and inner skin
(d) it had two heads
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dillard say can be as blinding as complete darkness?
2. What is the analogy she draws between the snake skin and the seasons?
3. What does Dillard say about humans and change?
4. In Chapter 4 what does Dillard use for controlling garden insects?
5. Where does Dillard makes a pilgrimage to every month?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)