|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After she examines the snake skin closely, what does she figure out?
(a) it was not real
(b) it was alive
(c) she realizes that the snake had turned parts of the skin inside out, making it appear as though the skin is in a knot
(d) it was not a snake but a long, skinny lizard
2. In Chapter 4 what does Dillard use for controlling garden insects?
(b) praying mantises
3. Dillard says that a particular object remains unseen until what happens?
(a) the name of the object is known
(b) one's attention is focused on it
(c) a light is turned on
(d) it moves
4. Why did Indians used grooved arrows?
(a) so they were lighter to carry around
(b) the hunter could follow the trail of blood that flows down the groove
(c) so they would fly farther
(d) it made them more accurate
5. Dillard believes that "weather overlaps" which causes what?
(a) snow on Easter
(b) there is only a few weeks of any season that is distinguishable from the former or following
(c) rain in the backyard and sun in the front yard
(d) sun shining when it's raining
Short Answer Questions
1. When a scientist disrupted pine caterpillars' food trail, what happened?
2. What does she realize is the best way to quiet her mind?
3. What does the animal in question #1 do to to get Dillard's attention?
4. How do praying mantises mate?
5. How does Dillard believe the seeking of God takes place?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)