|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Section 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Dillard think of Tinker Creek in the first chapter?
(a) as a scary, mysterious place
(b) as an anchor that keeps her steady in the current of life
(c) as a place that time forgot
(d) that she'd rather live somewhere else
2. What changes about the view around Dillard's home when winter comes?
(a) winter opens vistas around Dillard's home so she can see other homes
(b) the snow covered trees block her view of the creek
(c) nothing changes about the view
(d) the view looks stark and empty
3. What did Dillard do at one time about insects as a child?
(a) shooed them out of the house before her mother could kill them
(b) catch fireflies in glass jars to watch them glow
(c) killed bugs with carbon tetrachloride and then pinned them on labeled boards
(d) watched them in the grass with a magnifying glass
4. In Chapter 3, Dillard stalks a bird along the iced over creek. What kind of bird was it?
(c) blue jay
5. How did Radford, Virginia decide to control their starling problem?
(a) by spraying them with foam, so they would die of exposure
(b) enclosing large nets around their area
(c) bringing in a population of Maine bird cats
(d) putting out poisoned seed
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Dillard name this chapter "Seeing?"
2. What is figurative seeing?
3. How do honey bees survive the cold of winter?
4. What does Dillard see as a passive mystery?
5. In Chapter 2, Dillard talks of a game she played where she would hide what?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)