|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Section 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Indians used grooved arrows?
(a) so they were lighter to carry around
(b) so they would fly farther
(c) it made them more accurate
(d) the hunter could follow the trail of blood that flows down the groove
2. Even though she is no scientist, what did Dillard decide she will do in her valley?
(a) plant a flower garden
(b) erect a new cabin
(c) raise sheep
(d) she will explore her valley and report the unmapped frontiers
3. What does the animal in question #1 do to to get Dillard's attention?
(a) meows loudly
(b) bats her leg with his paw
(c) jumps in through the open window and climbs on Dillard's chest
(d) knocks her glasses off onto the floor
4. What changes about the view around Dillard's home when winter comes?
(a) the snow covered trees block her view of the creek
(b) the view looks stark and empty
(c) winter opens vistas around Dillard's home so she can see other homes
(d) nothing changes about the view
5. Dillard opens this first chapter remembering this animal.
(a) an old tomcat that she used to have
(b) a poodle that lived down the street from her
(c) a robin whose nest fell from the tree
(d) an alligator she saw in the zoo
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Radford, Virginia decide to control their starling problem?
2. What is the literal act of seeing?
3. Dillard thought once that awesome artistry can be laced with savagery. To what did she refer?
4. What did Dillard do at one time about insects as a child?
5. Why did Dillard name this chapter "Seeing?"
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)