|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Section 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What changes about the view around Dillard's home when winter comes?
(a) the view looks stark and empty
(b) the snow covered trees block her view of the creek
(c) nothing changes about the view
(d) winter opens vistas around Dillard's home so she can see other homes
2. Dillard believes that, with indifference, nature hides what?
(b) wonders from the eye
(c) the agony of prey and hunter
3. How did Radford, Virginia decide to control their starling problem?
(a) putting out poisoned seed
(b) enclosing large nets around their area
(c) bringing in a population of Maine bird cats
(d) by spraying them with foam, so they would die of exposure
4. How were Starlings are introduced to America from Europe?
(a) they were sold as pets to a Virginian family
(b) they came in on a boat from England
(c) they came over with a European circus
(d) by a man who wanted all the birds mentioned in Shakespeare to be present in America
5. Where does Dillard makes a pilgrimage to every month?
(a) the the local church
(b) to visit her mother in another state
(c) the island that bisects Tinker Creek
(d) the small town a few miles away
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 2, Dillard talks of a game she played where she would hide what?
2. What does the animal in question #1 do to to get Dillard's attention?
3. What does Dillard say can be as blinding as complete darkness?
4. What is the literal act of seeing?
5. What is it about weather that Dillard believes is a phenomena worth writing about?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)