|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13, Section 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Dillard believe the seeking of God takes place?
(a) God is in nature
(b) the seeking of God is a continuous loop, which never ends
(c) Singing in the shower
(d) God is everywhere but the best place to seek is in church
2. What is it about weather that Dillard believes is a phenomena worth writing about?
(a) talking about the weather is one of seven or eight phenomena worth discussing
(b) whether ancient people talked about the weather
(c) how often the modern weather predictions are wrong
(d) how often the modern weather predictions are right
3. What does Dillard say hinders people from experiencing the now?
(a) humans don't like to be in the now
(b) there is no now
(c) being too aware of self, rather than the moment
(d) humans are always looking into the future
4. Who does Dillard says stalk caribou herds for days?
(a) mountain lions
(d) polar bears
5. How long does it take a tree to recreate ninety-nine percent of its living parts?
(a) one year
(b) twenty-five years
(c) a lifetime
(d) thirty days
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the muskrat young called?
2. What is the literal act of seeing?
3. Believing natural disasters were sent by God is an example of what?
4. What does Dillard say happens the moment you are aware of the present?
5. Fecundity could be defined as:
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)