|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13, Section 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Fecundity could be defined as:
(a) a type of fat
(b) prolific in offspring
(c) wasteful of resources
(d) always hungry
2. How long does it take a tree to recreate ninety-nine percent of its living parts?
(a) a lifetime
(b) twenty-five years
(c) thirty days
(d) one year
3. In Chapter 5 Dillard writes about finding a snake. What appeared peculiar about the snake?
(a) it had two heads
(b) it had a outer and inner skin
(c) it was pure white
(d) it was tied in a knot
4. What do the Eskimos do with the greens in their prey's stomach?
(a) eat them
(b) throw them in the ocean
(c) they never look in the stomach
(d) feed them to their dogs
5. In Chapter 13, Dillard quotes Van Gogh. What did she quote?
(a) it's important to see
(b) life is not art
(c) the important thing is to breathe
(d) life is not pretty
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author believe separates humans from their creator and humans from each other?
2. She claims the ability to see what is hidden is what?
3. What does Dillard say happens the moment you are aware of the present?
4. What does Dillard suggest spring is about?
5. What does Dillard say about the muskrat fur?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)