|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13, Section 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the Romans use the horns of the altar?
(a) they'd grasp the horns and swear by them
(b) used to move the altar
(c) to kill geese with
(d) to tie their goats to which worshipping
2. Dillard writes that she is an avid collector of what?
(a) facts and ideas
(b) strange insects
(d) snake skins
3. Dillard believes that "weather overlaps" which causes what?
(a) rain in the backyard and sun in the front yard
(b) sun shining when it's raining
(c) there is only a few weeks of any season that is distinguishable from the former or following
(d) snow on Easter
4. How large might a root system for winter rye grass plant grow?
(a) 65 miles of roots and 2,000 miles of root hairs
(b) 378 miles of roots and 6,000 miles of root hairs
(c) one root that grows straight down for 100 yards
(d) a shallow system above ground spread for 15 acres
5. If you remove the answer in question #86 from chlorophyll, you create a molecule of what?
(b) chlorine gas
(d) carbon dioxide
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Dillard believe the seeking of God takes place?
2. What does Dillard find out when she takes her first course in French?
3. What sport does the author play come spring?
4. According to Dillard, how is the past healed?
5. What does the author believe separates humans from their creator and humans from each other?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)