|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13, Section 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is it about weather that Dillard believes is a phenomena worth writing about?
(a) whether ancient people talked about the weather
(b) how often the modern weather predictions are right
(c) how often the modern weather predictions are wrong
(d) talking about the weather is one of seven or eight phenomena worth discussing
2. When Dillard moves from describing details of creation to trying to understand more about creation what is she doing?
(a) moving from what to why
(b) getting a little strange
(c) moving from logic to mysticism
(d) trying to think too much
3. According to Dillard, how is the past healed?
(a) if one stays in the present, the past is healed
(b) by focusing on the future
(c) by ignoring it
(d) by meditating on forgiveness
4. What is the analogy she draws between the snake skin and the seasons?
(a) snakes move depending on the season
(b) there is no analogy between snakes and seasons
(c) seasons are a continuous loop, just as she thought the snakeskin was
(d) snakes shed skins in accordance with the seasons
5. In Chapter 2, Dillard talks of a game she played where she would hide what?
(b) dimes and quarters
(c) Raggedy Ann dolls
(d) Easter eggs
Short Answer Questions
1. In addition to form and texture, what does the author believe influences beauty?
2. What is figurative seeing?
3. When Dillard raps on the goldfish bowl, what does the fish do?
4. In Chapter 4 what does Dillard use for controlling garden insects?
5. When Dillard becomes motionless in watching for a muskrat, what does she do?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)