|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13, Section 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does a young muskrat get fed?
(a) it eats small insects
(b) it eats birds eggs
(c) it gets plankton fromt he water
(d) the mother brings it mouthfuls of grass
2. What is the other type of poisonous snake besides the answer in #139, that lives around the creek area?
(a) side winder
(b) timber rattler
(c) cotton mouth
(d) coral snake
3. What is the muskrat young called?
(a) a kitten
(b) a baby
(c) a puppy
(d) a kit
4. When Dillard is looking at a stream, where does she look?
(a) in the center of the water
(b) at the water going over the rocks
(c) on the north bank
(d) she always looks upstream
5. What is Dillard illustrating in her story about the Polyphemus moth from her childhood?
(a) the indifference humans often exhibit towards the natural world
(b) moths have to spread their weeks when born
(c) she has a good memory
(d) kids are cruel
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Dillard, the "simple" is transformed by evolution into what?
2. Why would Dillard say some trees are like body builders?
3. How do praying mantises mate?
4. How does Dillard visualize the present?
5. The balance enables her to think about the beauty without doing what?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)