|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Section 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. She claims the ability to see what is hidden is what?
(a) a special talent
(c) a piece of luck
(d) a gift
2. Why did Dillard name this chapter "Seeing?"
(a) because she discusses the loss of sight
(b) because she has found out some blind people regain their sight
(c) she knows that to discover and understand she must be able to see
(d) because she believes to see she has to understand
3. Dillard believes that "weather overlaps" which causes what?
(a) there is only a few weeks of any season that is distinguishable from the former or following
(b) snow on Easter
(c) sun shining when it's raining
(d) rain in the backyard and sun in the front yard
4. How are ladybugs shipped to gardeners?
(a) the hibernating bugs are packed in boxes of pine cones
(b) they are packed in soil and water
(c) captured in nets and sedated with alcohol
(d) they are shipped in the spring, the nests are shipped in one piece
5. At a ranch, Dillard drew a horse. It wasn't a good picture. Others who lived at the ranch drew great horses. Why?
(a) they were more artistic
(b) they loved horses
(c) they had a lot of practice drawing horses
(d) they knew all the bones and muscles of a horse
Short Answer Questions
1. What is it about weather that Dillard believes is a phenomena worth writing about?
2. In Chapter 4 what does Dillard use for controlling garden insects?
3. In Chapter 5 Dillard writes about finding a snake. What appeared peculiar about the snake?
4. What does Dillard say happens the moment you are aware of the present?
5. What does Dillard say can be as blinding as complete darkness?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)