|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Section 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After she examines the snake skin closely, what does she figure out?
(a) it was alive
(b) she realizes that the snake had turned parts of the skin inside out, making it appear as though the skin is in a knot
(c) it was not a snake but a long, skinny lizard
(d) it was not real
2. What does Dillard say can be as blinding as complete darkness?
(a) some camp lanterns
(b) a full moon at midnight
(c) too much light
(d) a mind that is closed
3. How does the author say one can obtain "unself-conscious state?"
(a) pure devotion to whatever one is doing at the moment
(b) through desperate illness
(c) through intense exercise
(d) through meditation
4. What is the analogy she draws between the snake skin and the seasons?
(a) there is no analogy between snakes and seasons
(b) seasons are a continuous loop, just as she thought the snakeskin was
(c) snakes move depending on the season
(d) snakes shed skins in accordance with the seasons
5. Dillard believes that "weather overlaps" which causes what?
(a) rain in the backyard and sun in the front yard
(b) snow on Easter
(c) there is only a few weeks of any season that is distinguishable from the former or following
(d) sun shining when it's raining
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the literal act of seeing?
2. How does Dillard believe the seeking of God takes place?
3. How do mice reach the grain at the top of a stalk?
4. How are ladybugs shipped to gardeners?
5. What is it about weather that Dillard believes is a phenomena worth writing about?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)