|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Section 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Dillard believe the seeking of God takes place?
(a) God is everywhere but the best place to seek is in church
(b) God is in nature
(c) the seeking of God is a continuous loop, which never ends
(d) Singing in the shower
2. What is the translation of trompes-l' esprit ?
(a) trick of the mind
(b) triumph and agony
(c) till tomorrow
(d) tribulation preceeds victory
3. How do ladybugs hibernate?
(a) ladybugs hibernate under the roots of trees
(b) ladybugs hibernate in large masses
(c) ladybugs hide beneath the bark on trees
(d) ladybugs die off in winter
4. What does Dillard say can be as blinding as complete darkness?
(a) some camp lanterns
(b) a full moon at midnight
(c) too much light
(d) a mind that is closed
5. How do praying mantises mate?
(a) they mate like people
(b) the female lays eggs and the male comes by and fertilizes them
(c) A female will mate and devour up to seven male mantises
(d) the male kills the female when done and takes over the eggs
Short Answer Questions
1. What is it about weather that Dillard believes is a phenomena worth writing about?
2. How do honey bees survive the cold of winter?
3. At a ranch, Dillard drew a horse. It wasn't a good picture. Others who lived at the ranch drew great horses. Why?
4. Why do the male praying mantis come near the female?
5. What does Dillard say hinders people from experiencing the now?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)