|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, Section 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Dillard writes that she is an avid collector of what?
(b) strange insects
(c) snake skins
(d) facts and ideas
2. If you remove the answer in question #86 from chlorophyll, you create a molecule of what?
(b) chlorine gas
(c) carbon dioxide
3. In Chapter 3, Dillard stalks a bird along the iced over creek. What kind of bird was it?
(c) blue jay
4. What did Dillard do at one time about insects as a child?
(a) killed bugs with carbon tetrachloride and then pinned them on labeled boards
(b) shooed them out of the house before her mother could kill them
(c) catch fireflies in glass jars to watch them glow
(d) watched them in the grass with a magnifying glass
5. Dillard says that if plants had emotions, she would applaud this:
(a) their ability to tolerate other life forms
(b) their willingness to live in harmony
(c) their ability to fly in the teeth of it all
(d) their kindness
Short Answer Questions
1. Why would Dillard say some trees are like body builders?
2. According to Dillard, how is the past healed?
3. When Dillard raps on the goldfish bowl, what does the fish do?
4. How does Dillard visualize the present?
5. How does Dillard believe the seeking of God takes place?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)