|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, Section 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do honey bees survive the cold of winter?
(a) build nest in the ground and sleep during winter
(b) go to sleep inside their honey combs
(c) cluster together in giant balls
(d) they don't survive, honey bees die off in the winter
2. Fecundity could be defined as:
(a) always hungry
(b) wasteful of resources
(c) prolific in offspring
(d) a type of fat
3. What does the author believe about the difference between abundant plant life and abundant insect life?
(a) plants would be more abundant without insects
(b) the proliferation of plant life, does not disturb humans the way an overabundance of insects do
(c) abundant insect life is healthier for the earth
(d) insects will always outnumber plants
4. In Chapter 5 Dillard writes about finding a snake. What appeared peculiar about the snake?
(a) it had a outer and inner skin
(b) it was tied in a knot
(c) it had two heads
(d) it was pure white
5. What does the author say the future is?
(a) light on the water and a spirit
(b) a wind coming from the east
(c) a cricket's song on a sultry night
(d) baby birds who have just hatched
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dillard believe is healing?
2. According to Dillard, how is the past healed?
3. How do ladybugs hibernate?
4. Chlorophyll has a single atom of what substance in the center?
5. How are ladybugs shipped to gardeners?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)