|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, Section 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much of life which has ever been created, is living at the present time?
(a) about ten percent
(b) 80 percent of all life ever created still exist
(c) around 45 percent
(d) about half
2. After she examines the snake skin closely, what does she figure out?
(a) it was not a snake but a long, skinny lizard
(b) it was not real
(c) it was alive
(d) she realizes that the snake had turned parts of the skin inside out, making it appear as though the skin is in a knot
3. In Chapter 5 Dillard writes about finding a snake. What appeared peculiar about the snake?
(a) it was tied in a knot
(b) it had two heads
(c) it was pure white
(d) it had a outer and inner skin
4. How are ladybugs shipped to gardeners?
(a) they are packed in soil and water
(b) they are shipped in the spring, the nests are shipped in one piece
(c) the hibernating bugs are packed in boxes of pine cones
(d) captured in nets and sedated with alcohol
5. Chlorophyll has a single atom of what substance in the center?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is it about weather that Dillard believes is a phenomena worth writing about?
2. Dillard believes that "weather overlaps" which causes what?
3. According to Dillard, the "simple" is transformed by evolution into what?
4. If you remove the answer in question #86 from chlorophyll, you create a molecule of what?
5. What does Dillard say is the driving force after reproduction in the animal kingdom?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)