|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Dillard says the agnostic asks who created the universe. What does a believer ask?
(a) why am I in the universe
(b) who is God
(c) what role does man play
(d) why was the universe created
2. In addition to form and texture, what does the author believe influences beauty?
(b) time of day
3. What is the analogy she draws between the snake skin and the seasons?
(a) snakes shed skins in accordance with the seasons
(b) there is no analogy between snakes and seasons
(c) snakes move depending on the season
(d) seasons are a continuous loop, just as she thought the snakeskin was
4. How much impact on any of the creatures, mountains, or creek around her does the author think she has?
(a) very little
(b) she has no impact at all
(c) too much
(d) as much as any other creature
5. In Chapter 5 Dillard writes about finding a snake. What appeared peculiar about the snake?
(a) it was tied in a knot
(b) it had two heads
(c) it had a outer and inner skin
(d) it was pure white
Short Answer Questions
1. Dillard believes that "weather overlaps" which causes what?
2. Silvery eels swim to the sea after eight years of maturing in obscure creeks and rivers. What happens to them at the sea?
3. Before a baby can distinguish objects, what kind does it prefer?
4. Dillard says there is loveliness and grace throughout creation. What is also there?
5. How does Dillard see time?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)