|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Believing natural disasters were sent by God is an example of what?
(a) having faith
(b) applying a spiritual interpretation to a natural phenomenon
(c) not having a good science background
(d) not understanding God
2. How did early man view locusts?
(a) as the harbringer of a natural disaster
(b) as a visitation from heaven
(c) as a plague sent by the devil
(d) locusts were thought to be a plague sent by God
3. Dillard says the agnostic asks who created the universe. What does a believer ask?
(a) why am I in the universe
(b) why was the universe created
(c) what role does man play
(d) who is God
4. In addition to form and texture, what does the author believe influences beauty?
(c) time of day
5. How much impact on any of the creatures, mountains, or creek around her does the author think she has?
(a) she has no impact at all
(b) as much as any other creature
(c) too much
(d) very little
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Dillard believe the seeking of God takes place?
2. When Dillard moves from describing details of creation to trying to understand more about creation what is she doing?
3. If you could watch the unfolding through time of every thing that ever existed on Earth, what does Dillard say you would see?
4. How does Dillard see time?
5. What is the analogy she draws between the snake skin and the seasons?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)