|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Before a baby can distinguish objects, what kind does it prefer?
(a) ones that sparkle and shine
(b) ones that have moving parts
(c) ones that have bright colors
(d) complex designs over simple ones
2. How did early man view locusts?
(a) as a plague sent by the devil
(b) locusts were thought to be a plague sent by God
(c) as a visitation from heaven
(d) as the harbringer of a natural disaster
3. How much impact on any of the creatures, mountains, or creek around her does the author think she has?
(a) too much
(b) as much as any other creature
(c) she has no impact at all
(d) very little
4. In Chapter 5 Dillard writes about finding a snake. What appeared peculiar about the snake?
(a) it was pure white
(b) it was tied in a knot
(c) it had two heads
(d) it had a outer and inner skin
5. What does Dillard mean when she says she's willing to sacrifice a little blood in order to be "in the thick of things?"
(a) she'd bleed to pick a rose
(b) she would rather live life to its fullest even if it means being in danger
(c) she'd pick up a wild animal that might bite her
(d) she would fight on the front lines in any battle
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Dillard see time?
2. Dillard believes that "weather overlaps" which causes what?
3. Dillard says the agnostic asks who created the universe. What does a believer ask?
4. Silvery eels swim to the sea after eight years of maturing in obscure creeks and rivers. What happens to them at the sea?
5. In addition to form and texture, what does the author believe influences beauty?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)