|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What drug does the group experiment with on Shura's birthday?
2. While tripping in Chapter 30, Shura explains to Alice his theory on what?
3. Who becomes uncommunicative under the drug on Shura's birthday?
4. What drug do Alice and Shura take on their honeymoon?
5. Shura's lecture in Chapter 42 revolves around what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the viewpoint of the DEA regarding Pihkal? Why?
2. What letter does Shura receive in Chapter 29? How does he feel about it?
3. What is the effect of Alice taking DESOXY in Chapter 38?
4. What does Shura say of urine tests and propaganda in Chapter 42?
5. What is Shura's reaction to Aleph, in The Chemical Story Part One?
6. What does Alice imagine herself as under the influence of DESOXY?
7. Who writes a letter to Ursula in Chapter 29? Why?
8. What event takes place in Chapter 34?
9. How does Aleph-4 change in its effects between eight milligrams and seven?
10. How do the views of the group change in Chapter 39 regarding God?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the character of Alice in Pihkal, A Chemical Love Story. How old is Alice when her character is first introduced? What are her character's principle objectives? What are her actions?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the components of the drug LSD. Where and when did LSD originate? When is Shura's first experience with the drug? How does he describe it?
Essay Topic 3
Define the term "nucleotides," and discuss how they function in the body. How do psychedelics affect this functioning? What is Shura's theory of nucleotides?
This section contains 717 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)