|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. On drug number three of The Chemical Story Part One, Aleph, Shura is able to write nearly fourteen pages of notes at ___ milligrams.
2. Where does Shura give a lecture in Chapter 42?
3. Who has not arrived as expected in Chapter 32?
4. How old is Shura in Chapter 40?
5. What surprise do Alice and Shura share with their guests in at the party in Chapter 34?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Shura tell Alice of nucleotides in Chapter 30?
2. What is Shura's reaction to Aleph, in The Chemical Story Part One?
3. What event takes place in Chapter 34?
4. What celebration takes place in Chapter 36? What drug is suggested?
5. Chapter 39 consists mostly of a report written by Dante Sandeman after taking the drug 2C-T-7. What takes place the night before?
6. What does Shura write of his earliest experiences with 2C-B in The Chemical Story Part One?
7. Who writes a letter to Ursula in Chapter 29? Why?
8. What is Ursula's reaction to the letter in Chapter 30?
9. What happens on the trip in Chapter 40 to make Shura feel aged?
10. What does Alice imagine herself as under the influence of DESOXY?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the role that family has to each of the main characters in the novel. How do the characters' relationships with their families impact their relationships with one another?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the qualitative comments of Dante Sanderman and his experiences with 2C-T-7 in the novel. In what ways do he and his guests find enlightenment through the drug?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the setting of Pihkal, A Chemical Love Story. How does this setting inform the actions and events in the novel? How does the setting change in the course of the text?
This section contains 740 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)