|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Another name for the drug Ariadne is what?
2. What is the dosage listed for Aleph-2 in The Chemical Story Part One?
3. What is the listed dosage for the drug ASB in The Chemical Story Part One?
4. Shura fears his injury is what, while hiking in the end of the book?
5. What is the holiday being celebrated by a party hosted by Alice and Shura in the end of the book?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Ursula's reaction to the letter in Chapter 30?
2. What is the viewpoint of the DEA regarding Pihkal? Why?
3. What celebration takes place in Chapter 36? What drug is suggested?
4. What does Alice imagine herself as under the influence of DESOXY?
5. What happens on the trip in Chapter 40 to make Shura feel aged?
6. How do the views of the group change in Chapter 39 regarding God?
7. What does Shura say of urine tests and propaganda in Chapter 42?
8. What is the lecture that Shura gives about in Chapter 42?
9. How does Aleph-4 change in its effects between eight milligrams and seven?
10. How do the visual effects change per dosage of Aleph-2?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the protagonist of Book One of Pihkal, A Chemical Love Story. What are Shura's main characteristics? What obstacles and conflicts does he face in the novel?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the terms "white mind," "Siberian wilderness" and "mental fugue" from the text. Which characters use these terms and how?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the setting of Pihkal, A Chemical Love Story. How does this setting inform the actions and events in the novel? How does the setting change in the course of the text?
This section contains 771 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)