|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What drug does the group experiment with on Shura's birthday?
2. What is Dante's wife's name?
3. Who does Shura speak to on the phone in Chapter 32?
4. The author writes that the hallucinogenic experience of 2C-B is what in comparison to most other psychedelics?
5. When does Ursula tell Shura she will be arriving in Chapter 30?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the views of the group change in Chapter 39 regarding God?
2. What happens on the trip in Chapter 40 to make Shura feel aged?
3. What is Ursula's reaction to the letter in Chapter 30?
4. What is the lecture that Shura gives about in Chapter 42?
5. What does Shura say of urine tests and propaganda in Chapter 42?
6. What is the viewpoint of the DEA regarding Pihkal? Why?
7. What does Shura write of his earliest experiences with 2C-B in The Chemical Story Part One?
8. What drug do Shura and Alice take in Chapter 35? What effect does it have?
9. What does Alice imagine herself as under the influence of DESOXY?
10. Where does Shura go in Chapter 40? What drug does he take there and what effect does it have?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the drug MDMA. When was the author introduced to the substance? Where did it originate? What is its legal status?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the reactions of the characters in Book One under the influence of the drug 2C-B. What is the chemical makeup of this substance? Who originated it? When?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the components of the drug LSD. Where and when did LSD originate? When is Shura's first experience with the drug? How does he describe it?
This section contains 801 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)