|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Shura's son's name?
2. With whom is the protagonist having an affair in Chapter 15?
3. About how many people arrive at Alice's party in Chapter 19?
4. On what day does Alice go to visit Shura in Chapter 23?
5. Who is leading the seminar in Chapter 18?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Alice remark of Shura's farm in Chapter 22?
2. How does Shura feel about Ursula upon his meeting Alice the second time?
3. From whose point of view is Chapter 16 told? What does this character detail?
4. What is Shura's relationship to Dr. Andrew Walker Scott?
5. With whom does Alice speak of Shura with in Chapter 23? What does she learn?
6. What did Shura do upon earning his degree in Chapter 1?
7. When Alice and Sam leave her apartment in Chapter 17, where do they go?
8. What drug do Alice and Shura take in Chapter 26? What conversation does this lead to between them?
9. Describe Shura's family and friendships in his childhood.
10. What drug does Shura synthesize in Chapter 9? How is this substance described?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the plot structure of Book One of Pihkal. Where is the rising action, climax, and denouement? Define these terms in your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Describe the characters of Ursula and Dolph in Pihkal, A Chemical Love Story. Where do they live? How do they know the protagonist? What role do they play in the plot?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the role that family has to each of the main characters in the novel. How do the characters' relationships with their families impact their relationships with one another?
This section contains 762 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)