|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what day does Alice go to visit Shura in Chapter 23?
2. Where has Ursula returned in Chapter 21?
3. How many children does Alice have in Chapter 18?
4. What drug had caused many bad experiences when sold in high dosages as STP?
5. Where does Dolph live?
Short Essay Questions
1. What synthesis does Shura attempt in Chapter 5? What delays this work?
2. What drug does Shura synthesize in Chapter 9? How is this substance described?
3. What does Alice write about in Chapter 21 of her sons?
4. How does Shura feel about Ursula upon his meeting Alice the second time?
5. What drug does Shura focus on in Chapter 4? What are his observations of the drug?
6. Where does Shura travel following his wife's death? What drug experience does he encounter there?
7. Where and when does Alice meet Shura?
8. Describe Alice and Shura's experience with DOM in Chapter 25.
9. Describe Shura's notes following his experiment with Aleph-1 in Chapter 14.
10. With whom does Alice speak of Shura with in Chapter 23? What does she learn?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the emotional risk and emotional connection experienced by the characters during their explorations with phenethylamines. How do they justify the risks? Would you?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the role that family has to each of the main characters in the novel. How do the characters' relationships with their families impact their relationships with one another?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the reactions of the characters in Book One under the influence of the drug 2C-B. What is the chemical makeup of this substance? Who originated it? When?
This section contains 736 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)