|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Shura going for a trip when he meets Alice?
(c) New York.
2. What is Shura's last name in the novel?
3. From whose point of view does the book shift to halfway through?
4. Who lived with Alice in a housing project when she was poverty-ridden?
5. What drug does Shura synthesize in Chapter 9?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Shura given for a bone infection in his thumb in WWII?
2. Shura built his own what in order to play alone in his childhood?
3. Where has Ursula returned in Chapter 21?
4. Who is Christopher's stepmother?
5. Which room does Alice see first when Shura shows her his farm?
Short Essay Questions
1. What synthesis does Shura attempt in Chapter 5? What delays this work?
2. What did Shura do upon earning his degree in Chapter 1?
3. What drug experience does Alice share with Sam in Chapter 17?
4. What drug do Alice and Shura take in Chapter 26? What conversation does this lead to between them?
5. What is Shura's relationship to Dr. Andrew Walker Scott?
6. With whom does Alice speak of Shura with in Chapter 23? What does she learn?
7. What drug does Shura synthesize in Chapter 9? How is this substance described?
8. How does Shura feel about Ursula upon his meeting Alice the second time?
9. Describe Shura's family and friendships in his childhood.
10. What does Shura reveal to Alice about Ursula in Chapter 20? What is her response?
This section contains 723 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)