|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Alice speak privately with about Shura at her first group meeting?
2. Shura believes that MDMA is like what, in that it can be all things to all people?
(a) Sunflower oil.
(b) Witch's brew.
(c) Snake oil.
3. Who accidentally ingests LSD in Chapter 3?
4. With whom is the protagonist having an affair in Chapter 15?
5. What was Shura given for a bone infection in his thumb in WWII?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 6, Shura details manufacturing the drug ____ by combining an ammonia molecule to a substance called myristicin, which is found in oil of nutmeg.
2. Which room does Alice see first when Shura shows her his farm?
3. What is Shura's last name in the novel?
4. What drug does Shura take with Alice, after receiving a letter in Chapter 24?
5. Where is the spiritual teacher from who Alice meets with in Chapter 18?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Alice remark of Shura's farm in Chapter 22?
2. Describe Alice's actions at the Valentine's Day party in Chapter 19.
3. What drug is Shura manufacturing in Chapter 6? How?
4. What does Alice write about in Chapter 21 of her sons?
5. What news does Shura receive from Ursula in Chapter 24? What does he tell Alice?
6. When Alice and Sam leave her apartment in Chapter 17, where do they go?
7. What is Shura's relationship to Dr. Andrew Walker Scott?
8. What exposition does Shura reveal following his wife's death?
9. Where and when does Alice meet Shura?
10. What are Shura's conclusions of MDMA in Chapter 12?
This section contains 748 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)