|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who dies in the beginning of Chapter 15?
2. Who is Alice's ex-husband that Shura meets at her party?
(a) Walter Parr.
(b) Victor Ewing.
(c) Michael Shullman.
(d) Martin Skawinski.
3. Where does Shura meet Peter Mille?
(d) New York.
4. What does Alice drink with the peyote she takes the first time?
(a) Tomato juice.
(c) Orange juice.
5. Where did Shura grow up?
(a) New York, New York.
(b) Los Angeles, CA.
(c) Berkeley, CA.
(d) New Hope, PA.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what month does Alice's party take place?
2. With whom is the protagonist having an affair in Chapter 15?
3. Shura claims in Chapter 14 that power can only be found in what?
4. What drug had caused many bad experiences when sold in high dosages as STP?
5. What day does Alice meet with her friend to take peyote in Chapter 17?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Shura's notes following his experiment with Aleph-1 in Chapter 14.
2. Who does Alice meet in Chapter 23? What does Shura announce?
3. What is the second occasion where Alice and Shura meet?
4. What exposition does Shura reveal following his wife's death?
5. What are some of the bad traits Alice describes of herself and Shura in Chapter 28?
6. What drug does Shura synthesize in Chapter 9? How is this substance described?
7. With whom does Alice speak of Shura with in Chapter 23? What does she learn?
8. What is Shura's relationship to Dr. Andrew Walker Scott?
9. What synthesis does Shura attempt in Chapter 5? What delays this work?
10. Describe Alice and Shura's experience with DOM in Chapter 25.
This section contains 753 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)