|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many gods does Alice hallucinate as she falls asleep in Chapter 26?
2. Shura believes that MDMA is like what, in that it can be all things to all people?
(a) Witch's brew.
(b) Sunflower oil.
(d) Snake oil.
3. What substance does Adelph-1 contain?
4. Where is the spiritual teacher from who Alice meets with in Chapter 18?
5. What does Ursula write to say she has had shipped in Chapter 28?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who impregnates Alice in the late 1950s?
2. What does Alice drink with the peyote she takes the first time?
3. Who is George's wife?
4. In Chapter 8, Shura synthesizes three different isomers of what?
5. In what year was the character Shura born?
Short Essay Questions
1. What drug does Shura focus on in Chapter 4? What are his observations of the drug?
2. What did Shura do upon earning his degree in Chapter 1?
3. What does Alice remark of Shura's farm in Chapter 22?
4. Where does Shura travel following his wife's death? What drug experience does he encounter there?
5. What drug do Alice and Shura take in Chapter 26? What conversation does this lead to between them?
6. What do Alice and Shura reveal to one another while under drugs in Chapter 22? What drug?
7. What drug is Shura manufacturing in Chapter 6? How?
8. Describe Shura's family and friendships in his childhood.
9. What news does Shura receive from Ursula in Chapter 24? What does he tell Alice?
10. What is the second occasion where Alice and Shura meet?
This section contains 727 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)