|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what month does Alice's party take place?
2. What is Shura's son's name?
3. What was the occupation of both of Shura's parents?
(d) Industrial laborer.
4. Where does Alice go to visit for the first time in Chapter 22?
(b) The Golden Gate Bridge.
(c) Shura's farm.
(d) New York.
5. When does Shura call Alice in Chapter 23?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the character George's last name?
2. Who offers Shura a job in Chapter 7?
3. Shura claims in Chapter 14 that power can only be found in what?
4. After meeting, Alice invites Shura to a party for what occasion?
5. Who lived with Alice in a housing project when she was poverty-ridden?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Alice and Shura's experience with DOM in Chapter 25.
2. When Alice and Sam leave her apartment in Chapter 17, where do they go?
3. Describe Alice's actions at the Valentine's Day party in Chapter 19.
4. Describe Shura's family and friendships in his childhood.
5. What are some of the bad traits Alice describes of herself and Shura in Chapter 28?
6. What does Shura reveal to Alice about Ursula in Chapter 20? What is her response?
7. What exposition does Shura reveal following his wife's death?
8. From whose point of view is Chapter 16 told? What does this character detail?
9. Where and when does Alice meet Shura?
10. What drug does Shura synthesize in Chapter 9? How is this substance described?
This section contains 750 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)