|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Shura's father was an immigrant from where?
2. Shura claims his first wife withdrew into her what?
3. Who does Shura receive a letter from in Chapter 24?
4. How many gods does Alice hallucinate as she falls asleep in Chapter 26?
5. What is Shura's son's name?
Short Answer Questions
1. What drug do Alice and Shura take in Chapter 26?
2. How long does the trance described by Alice in Chapter 16 last?
3. Who accidentally ingests LSD in Chapter 3?
4. What is the state of trance referred to by Alice in Chapter 16?
5. What is Shura doing the morning after Alice's party?
Short Essay Questions
1. What leads up to Alice's near-death experience in Chapter 17?
2. Describe Shura's notes following his experiment with Aleph-1 in Chapter 14.
3. What drug does Shura synthesize in Chapter 9? How is this substance described?
4. What is Shura's relationship to Dr. Andrew Walker Scott?
5. What did Shura do upon earning his degree in Chapter 1?
6. With whom does Alice speak of Shura with in Chapter 23? What does she learn?
7. Where does Shura travel following his wife's death? What drug experience does he encounter there?
8. What does Alice write about in Chapter 21 of her sons?
9. Who does Alice meet in Chapter 23? What does Shura announce?
10. What drug do Alice and Shura take in Chapter 26? What conversation does this lead to between them?
This section contains 738 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)