|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Chapter 4 concerns Shura's experiments with what drug?
2. In Chapter 6, Shura details manufacturing the drug ____ by combining an ammonia molecule to a substance called myristicin, which is found in oil of nutmeg.
3. What is the drug MDMA more commonly known as today?
4. What degree did Shura earn at the University of California at Berkeley?
5. What is Alice's oldest son's name?
6. When is Alice invited to meet with the spiritual teacher, where she meets Shura?
7. Shura's experiment in Chapter 13 backfires as he hallucinates that time has slowed to what percentage of normal speed?
(a) One twentieth.
(b) One fifth.
(c) One sixteenth.
(d) One tenth.
8. Who does Alice speak privately with about Shura at her first group meeting?
9. How long does the trance described by Alice in Chapter 16 last?
(a) Twelve minutes.
(b) Two minutes.
(c) Ten minutes.
(d) Six minutes.
10. With whom does Alice walk to Golden Gate Park after taking peyote?
11. In what month does Alice's party take place?
12. Shura's father was an immigrant from where?
13. For what company does the protagonist work after finishing his degree?
(a) Glaxo-Smith Klein Drug Company.
(b) Humboldt Chemical Company.
(c) Dole Chemical Company.
(d) Pfeisser Drug Company.
14. On what day does Alice go to visit Shura in Chapter 23?
15. In Chapter 14, Shura describes the difference between an act and a what?
Short Answer Questions
1. What sexual activity do Shura and Alice experiment with in Chapter 25?
2. How many gods does Alice hallucinate as she falls asleep in Chapter 26?
3. What causes Alice to almost die in Chapter 17?
4. With whom is the protagonist having an affair in Chapter 15?
5. Who is leading the seminar in Chapter 18?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)