|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What degree did Shura earn at the University of California at Berkeley?
2. Which room does Alice see first when Shura shows her his farm?
(a) The veranda.
(b) The study.
(c) The loft.
(d) The dining room.
3. Chapter 4 concerns Shura's experiments with what drug?
4. How many gods does Alice hallucinate as she falls asleep in Chapter 26?
5. After meeting, Alice invites Shura to a party for what occasion?
(c) Valentine's Day.
(d) Mother's Day.
6. How many children does Alice have in Chapter 18?
7. Where did Shura grow up?
(a) New York, New York.
(b) New Hope, PA.
(c) Berkeley, CA.
(d) Los Angeles, CA.
8. Who impregnates Alice in the late 1950s?
9. From whose point of view does the book shift to halfway through?
10. What is the name of the protagonist's first wife in the novel?
11. What drug do Alice and Shura take in Chapter 26?
12. What drug had caused many bad experiences when sold in high dosages as STP?
13. Who does Alice ask for peyote from, following her near-death experience?
(a) Michael Fellinton.
(b) Roger Golding.
(c) Ben Marksman.
(d) Samuel Golding.
14. Who is George's wife?
15. In Chapter 5, Shura discusses manufacturing an analogue of what substance?
Short Answer Questions
1. What day does Alice meet with her friend to take peyote in Chapter 17?
2. What does Alice drink with the peyote she takes the first time?
3. How long does the trance described by Alice in Chapter 16 last?
4. Where has Ursula returned in Chapter 21?
5. Who offers Shura a job in Chapter 7?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)