|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who lived with Alice in a housing project when she was poverty-ridden?
2. What drug does Shura synthesize in Chapter 9?
3. Shura's work in Chapter 5 is interrupted by the death of whom?
(a) His father.
(b) His mother.
(c) His wife.
(d) His sister.
4. What drug is sampled by the group in Chapter 23?
5. What sexual activity do Shura and Alice experiment with in Chapter 25?
(d) Oral sex.
6. In what year did Shura first take the drug mescaline?
7. What drug does a woman claim helps her overcome her guilt for euthanizing her mother?
8. Shura believes that MDMA is like what, in that it can be all things to all people?
(a) Snake oil.
(b) Sunflower oil.
(c) Witch's brew.
9. In Chapter 5, Shura discusses manufacturing an analogue of what substance?
10. What is Shura's last name in the novel?
11. How long does the trance described by Alice in Chapter 16 last?
(a) Ten minutes.
(b) Two minutes.
(c) Six minutes.
(d) Twelve minutes.
12. Who impregnates Alice in the late 1950s?
13. What drug does Shura take with Alice, after receiving a letter in Chapter 24?
14. When is Alice invited to meet with the spiritual teacher, where she meets Shura?
15. Who dies in the beginning of Chapter 15?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Alice's oldest son's name?
2. Where did Alice grow up?
3. With whom does Alice walk to Golden Gate Park after taking peyote?
4. What causes Alice to almost die in Chapter 17?
5. Who does Alice speak privately with about Shura at her first group meeting?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)