Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What part of Gundi's house does she offer for Jax to relax?
2. When does Annawake claim that Indian children begin to flounder?
3. What does Taylor call the coffee shop where she and Turtle eat lunch?
4. How does Jax feel about Taylor after she goes on the run with Turtle?
5. What does Jax argue with Gundi is the force most rewarded in white society?
Short Essay Questions
1. What evidence does Annawake have that Turtle's adoption is not legal?
2. In what way do Alice and Annawake work together in the retelling of the story of the Pigs in Heaven?
3. How does Alice figure out that Turtle is Cash's granddaughter?
4. What funny story does Cash tell Alice while she is lying naked on his bed?
5. At the opening of the novel, what is the state of Alice and Harland's marriage?
6. What happens to Cash Stillwater's family before he decides to move to Jackson Hole?
7. How does Alice feel in the moments before Cash comes to pick her up for their date?
8. What does Cash tell Alice about boarding schools while they are on their date?
9. What startling news does Alice hear while she is attending the stomp dance with Cash?
10. What conversation does Jax have with Gundi after he opens the certified letter from Annawake?
Throughout the novel, Annawake argues that what is important is the good of the tribe versus the good of the individual. Explain what Annawake meant by this statement, and explain how this mindset factored into the way that Annawake viewed the fight over Turtle's custody.
Gabriel Fourkiller acts as a silent character throughout the novel. He is often spoken about, but is never directly involved in the story line. Describe who Gabriel Fourkiller is, and then explain how his character affected the fight over Turtle's custody.
The Trail of Tears proved to be an important historical moment in the novel. Explain what happened during the Trail of Tears, and how this moment in history directly affected Turtle's story.
This section contains 844 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)