Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What part of Gundi's house does she offer for Jax to relax?
2. When does Annawake claim that Indian children begin to flounder?
3. What does Taylor call the coffee shop where she and Turtle eat lunch?
4. How does Jax feel about Taylor after she goes on the run with Turtle?
5. What does Jax argue with Gundi is the force most rewarded in white society?
Short Essay Questions
1. What evidence does Annawake have that Turtle's adoption is not legal?
2. In what way do Alice and Annawake work together in the retelling of the story of the Pigs in Heaven?
3. How does Alice figure out that Turtle is Cash's granddaughter?
4. What funny story does Cash tell Alice while she is lying naked on his bed?
5. At the opening of the novel, what is the state of Alice and Harland's marriage?
6. What happens to Cash Stillwater's family before he decides to move to Jackson Hole?
7. How does Alice feel in the moments before Cash comes to pick her up for their date?
8. What does Cash tell Alice about boarding schools while they are on their date?
9. What startling news does Alice hear while she is attending the stomp dance with Cash?
10. What conversation does Jax have with Gundi after he opens the certified letter from Annawake?
Essay Topic 1
The varying forms of relationship status in romantic relationships becomes a large theme in the novel. Explain how definition in Taylor's relationship with Jax, and Alice's relationship with Cash changed during the course of Turtle's custody battle, and why those changes were important to the fight they all were partaking in.
Essay Topic 2
Gabriel Fourkiller acts as a silent character throughout the novel. He is often spoken about, but is never directly involved in the story line. Describe who Gabriel Fourkiller is, and then explain how his character affected the fight over Turtle's custody.
Essay Topic 3
At the end of the novel, Annawake proposes a solution that will hopefully keep all parties happy, and will keep Turtle's best interests at heart. Explain what Annawake's solution for the fight over Turtle's custody was, and then explain how that decision affected the lives of the main characters in the novel.
This section contains 876 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)