|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the money that Taylor finds on her windshield?
(a) She gambles it away.
(b) She misplaces it while on the run.
(c) She deposits it into her savings account.
(d) She uses it to buy groceries.
2. How does Taylor respond to Turtle's emotional state at the time of the run?
(a) She ignores her.
(b) She talks with her endlessly.
(c) She slaps her across the face.
(d) She cries alongside her daugher.
3. Why does Cash Stillwater decide to return to his Indian tribe?
(a) He receives a letter from his living daugher.
(b) He reads a newspaper article about his home.
(c) He has a dream about his wife.
(d) He has a discussion with an old friend about the land.
4. Why does Annawake argue that Taylor should be returned to her native tribe?
(a) Because her parents desperately want her back.
(b) Because Annawake wants to adopt Turtle for herself.
(c) So that she can experience her native culture.
(d) Because she has a scholarship from her native school.
5. Which of the following is NOT one of Taylor's arguments against Turtle's native tribe?
(a) That they let Turtle fall through the cracks.
(b) That no one in the tribe wanted Turtle.
(c) That they sold her to Taylor for a profit.
(d) That they sexually abused Turtle.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many daughters does Cash Stillwater have with his wife in Heaven?
2. What peculiar habit does Barbie regularly partake in directly after eating?
3. With what type of animal does Cash Stillwater hope to open a farm?
4. As Turtle and Taylor board the plane for the first time in their lives, where are they going?
5. What is the name of Annawake Fourkiller's brother that is adopted?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Annawake travel to Letty's home after the hog fry?
2. What does Annawake explain as the story of the Six Pigs in Heaven?
3. How does Alice feel in the moments before Cash comes to pick her up for their date?
4. What decisions do Alice and Taylor make about their lives after their confrontation with Annawake?
5. Why does Turtle request to return to the Hoover Dam, and what does that request signal to Taylor?
6. What sight does Taylor witness while she is on her date with Steven Kent?
7. What is the significance of the photo cube that Taylor keeps in her dingy apartment in Seattle?
8. What startling news does Alice hear while she is attending the stomp dance with Cash?
9. While vacationing at the Hoover Dam, what does Turtle see that prompts her mother to notify authorities?
10. What does Taylor do for work now that Barbie has gone missing?
This section contains 957 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)