|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What part of Gundi's house does she offer for Jax to relax?
(a) The hammock.
(b) The tire swing.
(c) The futon.
(d) The bathtub.
2. When does Annawake claim that Indian children begin to flounder?
(a) When they reach puberty.
(b) When they leave their white homes.
(c) When they enter white homes.
(d) When they die.
3. What does Taylor call the coffee shop where she and Turtle eat lunch?
(a) "The cesspool of humanity."
(b) "The insane asylum of humanity".
(c) "The highlight of humanity."
(d) "The Twilight Zone of humanity."
4. How does Jax feel about Taylor after she goes on the run with Turtle?
(a) He is angry with her for leaving him.
(b) He wants to leave her.
(c) He wants to marry her.
(d) He is ambivalent toward her.
5. What does Jax argue with Gundi is the force most rewarded in white society?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Barbie store her purse while she sleeps?
2. How long does Taylor say that it took her to adopt Turtle?
3. Which of the following words best describes Turtle's emotional state at the time of the run?
4. What animal has the town council in Jackson Hole decided to shoot for not being native to the area?
5. Why does the motel management give Alice and family a hard time when they are checking out?
Short Essay Questions
1. What evidence does Annawake have that Turtle's adoption is not legal?
2. In what way do Alice and Annawake work together in the retelling of the story of the Pigs in Heaven?
3. How does Alice figure out that Turtle is Cash's granddaughter?
4. What funny story does Cash tell Alice while she is lying naked on his bed?
5. At the opening of the novel, what is the state of Alice and Harland's marriage?
6. What happens to Cash Stillwater's family before he decides to move to Jackson Hole?
7. How does Alice feel in the moments before Cash comes to pick her up for their date?
8. What does Cash tell Alice about boarding schools while they are on their date?
9. What startling news does Alice hear while she is attending the stomp dance with Cash?
10. What conversation does Jax have with Gundi after he opens the certified letter from Annawake?
This section contains 876 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)