|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Lou Anne leaves his house, what animal does Jax see snatch dove eggs from the nest?
(a) A raccoon.
(b) A fox.
(c) A coyote.
(d) A snake.
2. Which of the following emotions best reflects Gundi's attitude toward Jax after he reads Annawake's letter?
3. How does Alice respond to hearing Annawake's letter read to her over the phone?
(a) She decides to meet with the Cherokee Nation.
(b) She decides that Jax is a liar and a cheat.
(c) She decides that Annawake is a terrible person.
(d) She decides that Turtle does belong with Taylor.
4. Who is Foster Greer?
(a) Alice's next door neighbor.
(b) An artist in Alice's neighborhood.
(c) Alice's first husband.
(d) Alice's boss.
5. Which of the following is NOT one of Taylor's arguments against Turtle's native tribe?
(a) That they let Turtle fall through the cracks.
(b) That no one in the tribe wanted Turtle.
(c) That they sold her to Taylor for a profit.
(d) That they sexually abused Turtle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal does Alice's next door neighbor raise?
2. For how long are the men in Alice's story marooned off the coast of Florida?
3. Why does Barbie lose her job at the coffee shop?
4. When does Turtle say that a turtle lets go after it has bitten you?
5. What is the name of the constellation that Jax tells Annawake about?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Alice figure out that Turtle is Cash's granddaughter?
2. What happens when Alice and family are leaving the Delta Queen Casino Hotel for some breakfast?
3. How does Franklin Turnbo feel about Annawake's desire to return Turtle to the Native American community?
4. After Lou Anne leaves his home, what does Jax witness through the window, and how does he react?
5. What story does Ledger tell to Annawake in an attempt to guide her decision about Turtle's future?
6. What is the significance of the photo cube that Taylor keeps in her dingy apartment in Seattle?
7. What do Turtle and Taylor learn at The Casa Suerte?
8. Why does the waitress at the coffee shop recognize Turtle?
9. How does Alice respond to Cash's sudden marriage proposal?
10. How does Cash respond to the confrontation he has during his first meeting with Taylor?
This section contains 906 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)