|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the coffee shop, what is the couple next to Taylor arguing about?
(a) Their children.
2. How does Jax feel about Taylor after she goes on the run with Turtle?
(a) He is ambivalent toward her.
(b) He wants to marry her.
(c) He is angry with her for leaving him.
(d) He wants to leave her.
3. What is Barbie's state of dress when she runs into Alice and Taylor at the breakfast house?
(a) She is wearing a church dress.
(b) She is wearing a mini skirt and high heels.
(c) She is wearing disheveled, wrinkled clothes.
(d) She is wearing jeans and a t-shirt.
4. While they are on the run, where is the first place that Taylor and Turtle stop to hide?
(a) At a motel.
(b) At a camping ground.
(c) On a riverboat ferry.
(d) At Taylor's mother's house.
5. When does Annawake promise to return to see Taylor and Turtle?
(a) She says that she won't return.
(b) Whenever she feels like it.
(c) Within a week.
(d) The next day.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what type of animal does Cash Stillwater hope to open a farm?
2. What animal does Alice's next door neighbor raise?
3. Which of the following emotions best reflects Gundi's attitude toward Jax after he reads Annawake's letter?
4. How will the Cherokee tribe celebrate Cash Stillwater's return?
5. After checking out of the hotel, what do Alice, Taylor, and Turtle eat for breakfast when they encounter Barbie?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Taylor's date with Kevin go?
2. What happens to Gabriel Fourkiller when he is admitted into school after his adoption?
3. What reference does Turtle make to "The Wizard of Oz" after leaving the free clinic?
4. Why does Taylor call her mother, Alice, to visit?
5. What is the true story of Turtle's adoption, according to Jax?
6. How does Alice respond to Cash's sudden marriage proposal?
7. What does Taylor do for work now that Barbie has gone missing?
8. How does Annawake know Cash Stillwater?
9. How does Annawake express the Cherokee view of family as it pertains to Turtle's case?
10. What is the response to hearing Jax read Annawake's letter to them while they are doing laundry at the laundromat?
This section contains 838 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)