|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What race of people are hired by Taylor to act as Cherokee Indians?
2. Which of the following is NOT one of Taylor's arguments against Turtle's native tribe?
(a) That they sexually abused Turtle.
(b) That they sold her to Taylor for a profit.
(c) That they let Turtle fall through the cracks.
(d) That no one in the tribe wanted Turtle.
3. How does Gundi respond to Jax's insistence that he must tell Taylor about their affair?
(a) She slaps Jax across the face.
(b) She begins weeping uncontrollably.
(c) She dials Taylor's number on the telephone.
(d) She kicks him out of the house.
4. On the day that Cash returns home, who does Annawake find curled up under her quilt?
(a) Her son.
(b) Her niece.
(c) Her nephew.
(d) Her daughter.
5. What beverage does Gundi offer to Jax during their discussion?
(a) Rice wine.
(b) Wheat beer.
(c) Beet juice.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Taylor's adoption of Turtle witnessed in the court papers?
2. How many brothers does Annawake Fourkiller have?
3. Whose idea is it for Barbie to travel with the family?
4. After leaving Vegas, where do the women stop next?
5. When Annawake arrives at Taylor's house, where is Turtle?
Short Essay Questions
1. What funny story does Cash tell Alice while she is lying naked on his bed?
2. Why does Taylor call her mother, Alice, to visit?
3. How do the producers of the Oprah show treat Taylor and Turtle before the show is recorded?
4. How does the family respond to the news that Alice will be visiting the Cherokee nation?
5. Why does Annawake travel to Letty's home after the hog fry?
6. While vacationing at the Hoover Dam, what does Turtle see that prompts her mother to notify authorities?
7. Why does the waitress at the coffee shop recognize Turtle?
8. What story does Ledger tell to Annawake in an attempt to guide her decision about Turtle's future?
9. In what ways does Gundi show her sympathies for Jax and Taylor's strife?
10. How does Taylor's date with Kevin go?
This section contains 810 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)