|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Franklin give Annawake permission to track down Turtle?
(a) Because he believes that Taylor stole Turtle.
(b) Because he wanted Annawake out of the office.
(c) Because he believes that Turtle is in an unsafe home.
(d) Because he believes that every child should have the experience of Indian life.
2. How much money does Taylor find in an envelope on her windshield?
(a) Fifty dollars.
(b) Two hundred dollars.
(c) Twenty dollars.
(d) One hundred dollars.
3. As the women are driving away from Vegas, where does Alice read stories from to pass the time?
(a) From the Bible.
(b) From Turtle's fairy tale collection.
(c) From financial newspapers.
(d) From tabloid magazines.
4. What does Annawake compare the adoption of Indian children to white families to?
(b) Animal poaching.
(c) Souvenier purchases.
(d) Grand larceny.
5. Where is Taylor's adoption of Turtle witnessed in the court papers?
(a) In Alabama.
(b) In Georgia.
(c) In Oklahoma.
(d) In Tennessee.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what type of animal does Cash Stillwater hope to open a farm?
2. When Annawake arrives at Taylor's house, where is Turtle?
3. How old is Annawake Fourkiller when her twin brother is adopted to a white family?
4. To what does Jax compare the knowledge of his affair with Gundi?
5. How long does Taylor say that it took her to adopt Turtle?
Short Essay Questions
1. What relationship does Cash Stillwater have to Mr. Critterdon?
2. How do both Jax and Gundi respond to each other after they have committed their affair?
3. What interesting thing does Taylor say during the confrontation that shocks Annawake?
4. How does Alice feel during the stomp dance?
5. Why does Taylor call her mother, Alice, to visit?
6. How does Alice figure out that Turtle is Cash's granddaughter?
7. In what ways does Gundi show her sympathies for Jax and Taylor's strife?
8. How does the family respond to the news that Alice will be visiting the Cherokee nation?
9. Why is Taylor fastening a boom box into a tree when Annawake arrives on her property?
10. How does Alice feel in the moments before Cash comes to pick her up for their date?
This section contains 862 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)