|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the motel management give Alice and family a hard time when they are checking out?
(a) Because they trashed their motel room.
(b) Because they have stolen some motel towels.
(c) Because they don't have enough money to pay for the lodging.
(d) Because they are checking out of the hotel late.
2. How does Mr. Critterdon die?
(a) He drowns in the river.
(b) He commits suicide.
(c) He is hit by a car.
(d) He accidentally ingests poison.
3. Why does the waitress recognize Turtle?
(a) She had a daughter in her school class.
(b) She recognizes her from the Indian tribe Turtle grew up in.
(c) She saw her on television.
(d) She saw a missing person's poster with Turtle's face on it.
4. Where are Turtle and Taylor vacationing when Turtle sees a man fall into a ditch?
(a) At the Hoover Dam.
(b) At Yellowstone National Park.
(c) At Mount Rushmore.
(d) At the Grand Canyon.
5. What famous doll does the waitress at the coffee shop collect?
(b) Raggedy Anne.
(c) Cabbage Patch.
(d) Rainbrow Brite.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Annawake Fourkiller do for a living?
2. What is Gundi famous for in her neighborhood?
3. As the women are driving away from Vegas, where does Alice read stories from to pass the time?
4. What part of Gundi's house does she offer for Jax to relax?
5. When does Annawake claim that Indian children begin to flounder?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Annawake express the Cherokee view of family as it pertains to Turtle's case?
2. How does Cash respond to the confrontation he has during his first meeting with Taylor?
3. What startling news does Alice hear while she is attending the stomp dance with Cash?
4. Why does Annawake claim that Alice's new found Indian heritage may not help her case to keep Turtle?
5. In what way do Alice and Annawake work together in the retelling of the story of the Pigs in Heaven?
6. What story does Ledger tell to Annawake in an attempt to guide her decision about Turtle's future?
7. How does Turtle respond to life on the run?
8. What reference does Turtle make to "The Wizard of Oz" after leaving the free clinic?
9. What happens to Cash Stillwater's family before he decides to move to Jackson Hole?
10. How does Alice feel in the moments before Cash comes to pick her up for their date?
This section contains 897 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)