|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What peculiar habit does Barbie regularly partake in directly after eating?
(a) Belching loudly.
(b) Going straight to the bathroom.
(c) Drinking a glass of salt water.
(d) Wiping her face with wet naps.
2. What race of children beat up Gabriel in school, claiming that he isn't enough like them?
(a) White children.
(b) Asian children.
(c) Black children.
(d) Mexican children.
3. What television station does Harold watch religiously?
(a) The sports station.
(b) The music video station.
(c) The home shopping station.
(d) The world news station.
4. Which of the following is NOT one of Taylor's arguments against Turtle's native tribe?
(a) That they sold her to Taylor for a profit.
(b) That they let Turtle fall through the cracks.
(c) That they sexually abused Turtle.
(d) That no one in the tribe wanted Turtle.
5. How does Gundi respond to Jax's insistence that he must tell Taylor about their affair?
(a) She slaps Jax across the face.
(b) She kicks him out of the house.
(c) She dials Taylor's number on the telephone.
(d) She begins weeping uncontrollably.
Short Answer Questions
1. As the women are driving away from Vegas, where does Alice read stories from to pass the time?
2. When does Turtle say that a turtle lets go after it has bitten you?
3. What Indian tribe does Taylor claim Turtle is adopted from?
4. Why does Barbie lose her job at the coffee shop?
5. What animal has the town council in Jackson Hole decided to shoot for not being native to the area?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Gabriel Fourkiller after he leaves school?
2. Why is Taylor beginning to be upset with Barbie as they are driving away from Vegas?
3. What is the response to the stolen silver dollars that Alice finds in Barbie's purse?
4. What decisions do Alice and Taylor make about their lives after their confrontation with Annawake?
5. What conflict continually arises between Mr. Green and his neighbor Boma Mellowbug?
6. Why is Taylor fastening a boom box into a tree when Annawake arrives on her property?
7. How does Annawake describe Alice to Letty, and what is Letty's response?
8. What funny story does Cash tell Alice while she is lying naked on his bed?
9. What does Annawake explain as the story of the Six Pigs in Heaven?
10. What changes about Turtle's medical status after her reoccurring stomachaches?
This section contains 906 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)