|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Annawake Fourkiller do for a living?
(a) She is a journalist.
(b) She is a doctor.
(c) She is a lawyer.
(d) She is a teacher.
2. Why does Franklin give Annawake permission to track down Turtle?
(a) Because he believes that every child should have the experience of Indian life.
(b) Because he believes that Turtle is in an unsafe home.
(c) Because he believes that Taylor stole Turtle.
(d) Because he wanted Annawake out of the office.
3. Why does the waitress recognize Turtle?
(a) She saw a missing person's poster with Turtle's face on it.
(b) She had a daughter in her school class.
(c) She saw her on television.
(d) She recognizes her from the Indian tribe Turtle grew up in.
4. While they are on the run, where is the first place that Taylor and Turtle stop to hide?
(a) On a riverboat ferry.
(b) At a motel.
(c) At a camping ground.
(d) At Taylor's mother's house.
5. Where does Alice hear about Turtle's rescue of the man?
(a) In the newspapers.
(b) Through a phone call.
(c) On the radio.
(d) On the television.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Barbie's state of dress when she runs into Alice and Taylor at the breakfast house?
2. What tourist purchase does Cash Stillwater make for a living?
3. What color t-shirt is Taylor wearing when she joins her mother at the breakfast house?
4. At the coffee shop, what is the couple next to Taylor arguing about?
5. What does Annawake compare the adoption of Indian children to white families to?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Sugar explain the Trail of Tears to Alice?
2. How do both Jax and Gundi respond to each other after they have committed their affair?
3. What does Cash tell Alice about boarding schools while they are on their date?
4. What changes about Turtle's medical status after her reoccurring stomachaches?
5. What startling news does Alice hear while she is attending the stomp dance with Cash?
6. How does Annawake express the Cherokee view of family as it pertains to Turtle's case?
7. Who is Boma Mellowbug and what does she see?
8. What reference does Turtle make to "The Wizard of Oz" after leaving the free clinic?
9. What funny story does Cash tell Alice while she is lying naked on his bed?
10. What do Turtle and Taylor learn at The Casa Suerte?
This section contains 896 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)