|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which talk show phones Turtle seeking an interview?
(a) The Donahue Show.
(b) The Geraldo Rivera Show.
(c) The Oprah Winfrey Show.
(d) The Sally Jesse Raphael Show.
2. After checking out of the hotel, what do Alice, Taylor, and Turtle eat for breakfast when they encounter Barbie?
(c) Fruit bowls.
3. How many brothers does Annawake Fourkiller have?
4. Who does Alice call to double-check the accuracy of information that she has heard about Turtle's rescue?
(a) The news media.
5. Which of the following words best describes Turtle's emotional state at the time of the run?
Short Answer Questions
1. What tourist purchase does Cash Stillwater make for a living?
2. On the day that Cash returns home, who does Annawake find curled up under her quilt?
3. While they are on the run, where does Turtle request to stop and visit?
4. What peculiar habit does Barbie regularly partake in directly after eating?
5. What Indian tribe does Taylor claim Turtle is adopted from?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Alice begin to feel romantically attracted to Cash Stillwater?
2. What reference does Turtle make to "The Wizard of Oz" after leaving the free clinic?
3. Why does Annawake claim that Alice's new found Indian heritage may not help her case to keep Turtle?
4. How does Sugar explain the Trail of Tears to Alice?
5. What interesting thing does Taylor say during the confrontation that shocks Annawake?
6. While vacationing at the Hoover Dam, what does Turtle see that prompts her mother to notify authorities?
7. How does Alice feel during the stomp dance?
8. What does Annawake explain as the story of the Six Pigs in Heaven?
9. What does Annawake claim to be the reason for Turtle's abuse within the Indian community?
10. What evidence does Annawake have that Turtle's adoption is not legal?
This section contains 843 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)