|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many rooms does Cash Stillwater's home have?
2. What animal does Taylor's landlord help to emigrate?
(d) Monarch butterflies.
3. What role does Ledger Fourkiller play in the Cherokee tribe?
(a) He is the warrior.
(b) He is the musician.
(c) He is the hunter.
(d) He is the chief.
4. In his story, what does Turtle refer to as a "hen's apple"?
(a) A baby chick.
(b) An egg.
(c) A bowl of seed.
(d) A feather.
5. What part of her body does Turtle complain hurts all the time?
(a) Her stomach.
(b) Her head.
(c) Her skin.
(d) Her heat.
6. When the novel turns to the perspective of Letty and Sugar, what are they doing in preparation for Cash's return to the tribe?
7. What is Letty's reaction to the news that Alice is an admirer of Cash?
(a) She is excited.
(b) She is outraged.
(c) She is saddened.
(d) She is doubtful.
8. At the end of the novel, who/what does Cash shoot?
(b) A sacrificial lamb.
(c) Andy Rainbelt.
(d) His television.
9. Why does Taylor accept the date from the man in the wheelchair?
(a) To get back at Jax's infidelity.
(b) Because she thinks he is handsome.
(c) Because she wants to eat a nice dinner.
(d) Because she is feeling lonely.
10. What is Letty's relationship to Cash Stillwater?
(a) She is his niece.
(b) She is his sister.
(c) She is his cousin.
(d) She is his aunt.
11. At what grade does Cash Stillwater stop attending school?
(a) Third grade.
(b) Seventh grade.
(c) Fifth grade.
(d) First grade.
12. How does Turtle respond to the news that Alice will be leaving?
(a) She is apathetic.
(b) She is angered.
(c) She is anxious.
(d) She is amused.
13. How long does it take for Annawake to make her final recommendation to the courts regarding Turtle's custody?
(a) Twelve hours.
(b) One week.
(c) Two days.
(d) Half an hour.
14. When Cash is recounting all of the family members of his that have died, what time span is given for their deaths?
(a) Four years.
(b) One year.
(c) Two years.
(d) Ten years.
15. Which of the following characters is NOT in cahoots to set Alice up with Cash Stillwater?
(a) Mr. Green.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following adjectives best describes Letty's character?
2. What is at the center of the ritual at the stomp dance?
3. Why is Annawake issuing a subpoena for Turtle's return?
4. In Cash's story, what animal breaks into Boma Mellowbug's home and receives many bee stings?
5. What medical condition is Turtle diagnosed with at the free clinic?
This section contains 462 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)