|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Alice and Cash decide to do as they drive home together from the confrontation?
(a) Get married.
(b) Fight Annawake.
(c) Raise Turtle together.
(d) Break up.
2. What are the Indian people tricked into giving away by clever crooks?
(a) Their crops.
(b) Their land.
(c) Their money.
(d) Their women.
3. Who explains to Alice that the neighborhood used to be much more prosperous?
4. How does Turtle respond to the news that Alice will be leaving?
(a) She is apathetic.
(b) She is anxious.
(c) She is angered.
(d) She is amused.
5. What statement does Cash make causing the court to go berserk?
(a) That he no longer wants to take Turtle from her mother.
(b) That he is not Turtle's grandfather.
(c) That he is leaving the Cherokee tribe.
(d) That he wishes to marry Alice.
6. What fruit do Cash and Alice go picking on their first date?
7. How many of the living Indian children does Annawake claim were taken by the whites?
(a) One half.
(b) One quarter.
(c) One eighth.
(d) One third.
8. Who must decide the final fate of Turtle's custody?
(d) The tribe.
9. How many Hornbuckle families are listed in the telephone directory when Alice begins searching it?
10. What does Turtle call Cash when she sees him for the first time?
(c) Pop Pop.
11. With whom does Alice discuss the meaning of the Pigs in Heaven constellation?
12. What is the name of the clan that Sugar and Alice belong to?
(a) The Mouse Clan.
(b) The Fish Clan.
(c) The Deer Clan.
(d) The Bird Clan.
13. Why do the whites kick the Indians off their land during the Trail of Tears?
(a) Because the whites were terrified of the Indians' skin color.
(b) Because the Indian land was better than the whites' land.
(c) Because the Indians were taking all of the whites' jobs.
(d) Because the whites knew how to better farm the Indians' land.
14. Why is Annawake issuing a subpoena for Turtle's return?
(a) Because Alice has requested Turtle's return to the tribe.
(b) Because Annawake needs to conduct an interview with the child.
(c) Because Annawake needs to review Turtle's medical records.
(d) Because her biological family is searching for her.
15. What type of people does Taylor have a job driving around town?
(a) Wealthy people.
(b) Small school children.
(c) Handicapped people.
(d) Elderly people.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the man in the wheelchair take Taylor and Turtle on their date?
2. How many months out of the year does Annawake recommend Turtle spend with her tribe?
3. What does Annawake claim Boma Mellowbug has stolen from Mr. Green?
4. Who is Andy Rainbelt?
5. Which of the following characters is NOT present during the final confrontation over Turtle's custody?
This section contains 479 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)