|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following descriptions does NOT match Alice's first impressions of the Cherokee nation?
2. What do Alice and Cash decide to do as they drive home together from the confrontation?
(a) Break up.
(b) Get married.
(c) Raise Turtle together.
(d) Fight Annawake.
3. Which of the following statements is NOT made by Annawake as she is describing Alice to Letty?
(a) She is divorced.
(b) She has a daughter.
(c) She likes a man that can talk.
(d) She is pretty.
4. What do the teenage Indians tie around their ankles during the stomp dance?
5. What statement does Cash make causing the court to go berserk?
(a) That he wishes to marry Alice.
(b) That he is leaving the Cherokee tribe.
(c) That he no longer wants to take Turtle from her mother.
(d) That he is not Turtle's grandfather.
6. From what city does Alice attempt to locate her cousin Sugar?
(a) Los Angeles.
(d) Laguna Beach.
7. What type of transportation does Cash Stillwater drive?
(a) A bicycle.
(b) A rusted BMW.
(c) A pickup truck.
(d) A motorcycle.
8. What fruit do Cash and Alice go picking on their first date?
9. What meal does Cash serve to Alice in bed?
10. Which of Alice's relatives is thought to be a full blood Cherokee?
(a) Her maternal grandmother.
(b) Her paternal grandfather.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her mother.
11. How long does it take for Annawake to make her final recommendation to the courts regarding Turtle's custody?
(a) One week.
(b) Twelve hours.
(c) Half an hour.
(d) Two days.
12. What type of tree does Sugar's husband plant on the way to the watering hole?
(a) A mulberry tree.
(b) An apricot tree.
(c) A blue spruce.
(d) A weeping willow.
13. Who must decide the final fate of Turtle's custody?
(d) The tribe.
14. What does Turtle call Cash when she sees him for the first time?
(c) Pop Pop.
15. After Barbie leaves, where is Taylor forced to get a job?
(b) J.C. Penny's.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the town of Heaven named after?
2. What type of bird flying overhead signifies death to the Cherokee people?
3. How does Alice feel about the teenagers in Heaven?
4. At what grade does Cash Stillwater stop attending school?
5. What is the case served before Turtle's regarding in the courts?
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)