|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Turtle respond to the news that Alice will be leaving?
(a) She is anxious.
(b) She is angered.
(c) She is apathetic.
(d) She is amused.
2. What classic movie does Turtle reference after leaving the free clinic?
(a) Mary Poppins.
(b) The Wizard of Oz.
(c) Beauty and the Beast.
(d) The Sound of Music.
3. How does Sugar describe the various bloodlines of the Cherokee people?
(a) "Shaken and stirred".
(c) "Mixed up".
(d) "Watered down".
4. Where do Taylor, Turtle, and Barbie move once Alice is gone?
(a) To Montana.
(b) To Oregon.
(c) To Connecticut.
(d) To Washington.
5. What animal does Taylor's landlord help to emigrate?
(a) Monarch butterflies.
6. What utility is shut off when Taylor is unable to pay her bills?
(a) Her water.
(b) Her electricity.
(c) Her gas.
(d) Her heating.
7. In Cash's story, what animal breaks into Boma Mellowbug's home and receives many bee stings?
(a) An ostrich.
(b) A fox.
(c) An eagle.
(d) A weasle.
8. Which of the following characters is NOT in cahoots to set Alice up with Cash Stillwater?
(a) Mr. Green.
9. How many of the living Indian children does Annawake claim were taken by the whites?
(a) One half.
(b) One eighth.
(c) One third.
(d) One quarter.
10. Who does Alice remember shaking, screaming, and speaking in tongues?
(a) A saxophone player.
(b) A Baptist preacher.
(c) A gospel singer.
(d) A church deacon.
11. What does Annawake return to Letty's home after the welcoming celebration for Cash?
(a) A tupperware.
(b) A wine glass.
(c) A casserole dish.
(d) A pie plate.
12. Who explains to Alice that the neighborhood used to be much more prosperous?
13. What medical condition is Turtle diagnosed with at the free clinic?
(d) Lactose intolerance.
14. What part of her body does Turtle complain hurts all the time?
(a) Her skin.
(b) Her stomach.
(c) Her heat.
(d) Her head.
15. What do Alice and Cash decide to do as they drive home together from the confrontation?
(a) Get married.
(b) Break up.
(c) Fight Annawake.
(d) Raise Turtle together.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Taylor writes her rent check, when does she date the check?
2. After the confrontation, what does Taylor decide that she wants to change in her life?
3. What is the name of the man in the wheelchair that asks Taylor out on a date?
4. Where does Alice take Turtle while Taylor goes to speak with Annawake about the impending trial?
5. What type of sandwich does Taylor make for her date with Kevin?
This section contains 460 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)