|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What meal does Cash serve to Alice in bed?
2. What is the main ingredient in kunutche?
3. What is the name of the man in the wheelchair that asks Taylor out on a date?
(a) Michael Butler.
(b) Richard Maydorf.
(c) Steven Kent.
(d) Jerry Thompson.
4. Which character prepares kunutche for Alice?
5. When Cash is recounting all of the family members of his that have died, what time span is given for their deaths?
(a) One year.
(b) Ten years.
(c) Four years.
(d) Two years.
6. What type of tree does Sugar's husband plant on the way to the watering hole?
(a) An apricot tree.
(b) A weeping willow.
(c) A blue spruce.
(d) A mulberry tree.
7. Which of the following characters does NOT die in Cash's stories?
(a) His mother.
(b) His son.
(c) His wife.
(d) His daughter.
8. With whom does Alice discuss the meaning of the Pigs in Heaven constellation?
9. How does Turtle respond to the news that Alice will be leaving?
(a) She is amused.
(b) She is apathetic.
(c) She is anxious.
(d) She is angered.
10. What type of bird flying overhead signifies death to the Cherokee people?
(a) A crow.
(b) A vulture.
(c) A kolon.
(d) A kingfisher.
11. What part of her body does Turtle complain hurts all the time?
(a) Her heat.
(b) Her head.
(c) Her skin.
(d) Her stomach.
12. In Cash's story, what animal breaks into Boma Mellowbug's home and receives many bee stings?
(a) A weasle.
(b) An ostrich.
(c) A fox.
(d) An eagle.
13. What is the name of the clan that Sugar and Alice belong to?
(a) The Deer Clan.
(b) The Bird Clan.
(c) The Mouse Clan.
(d) The Fish Clan.
14. What medical condition is Turtle diagnosed with at the free clinic?
(b) Lactose intolerance.
15. What type of people does Taylor have a job driving around town?
(a) Elderly people.
(b) Wealthy people.
(c) Small school children.
(d) Handicapped people.
Short Answer Questions
1. What utility is shut off when Taylor is unable to pay her bills?
2. What does Annawake claim is the meaning behind the seventh star in the constellation?
3. How long does it take Cash Stillwater to hear the news that his father has passed away?
4. During the stomp dance, what does the tribe pass around while the chief speaks blessings over them?
5. What does Turtle call Cash when she sees him for the first time?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)