|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who explains to Alice that the neighborhood used to be much more prosperous?
2. Where do Annawake and Alice sit with Ledger as they discuss Turtle's future?
(a) In the woods.
(b) In a thatched hut.
(c) By the lake.
(d) On a mountain.
3. Which of the following adjectives best describes Letty's character?
4. After the confrontation, what does Taylor decide that she wants to change in her life?
(a) Her cultural heritage.
(b) Her relationship with Jax.
(c) Her relationship with her mother.
(d) The way that she mothers Turtle.
5. At the end of the novel, who/what does Cash shoot?
(a) His television.
(b) A sacrificial lamb.
(d) Andy Rainbelt.
6. What fruit do Cash and Alice go picking on their first date?
7. How does Alice feel about the teenagers in Heaven?
(a) They are kinder than any teenagers she knows.
(b) They are smarter than any teenagers she knows.
(c) They are more aggressive than any teenagers she knows.
(d) They are louder than any teenagers she knows.
8. What does Annawake claim is the meaning behind the seventh star in the constellation?
(a) It is the sin of the children.
(b) It is the mother of the children.
(c) It is a forgotten child.
(d) It is the kidnapper of the children.
9. Which of the following statements is NOT made by Annawake as she is describing Alice to Letty?
(a) She has a daughter.
(b) She likes a man that can talk.
(c) She is pretty.
(d) She is divorced.
10. What type of sandwich does Taylor make for her date with Kevin?
(a) Tuna fish.
(b) Peanut butter.
(c) Tomato and basil.
(d) Ham and cheese.
11. What classic movie does Turtle reference after leaving the free clinic?
(a) The Sound of Music.
(b) The Wizard of Oz.
(c) Mary Poppins.
(d) Beauty and the Beast.
12. What statement does Cash make causing the court to go berserk?
(a) That he wishes to marry Alice.
(b) That he is not Turtle's grandfather.
(c) That he no longer wants to take Turtle from her mother.
(d) That he is leaving the Cherokee tribe.
13. Which of the following characters is NOT present during the final confrontation over Turtle's custody?
14. How does Sugar describe the various bloodlines of the Cherokee people?
(a) "Mixed up".
(b) "Shaken and stirred".
(c) "Watered down".
15. When the novel turns to the perspective of Letty and Sugar, what are they doing in preparation for Cash's return to the tribe?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Ledger's story, what animal is sent down by the spirits to cut a baby in half?
2. Who is Andy Rainbelt?
3. What role does Ledger Fourkiller play in the Cherokee tribe?
4. What meal does Cash serve to Alice in bed?
5. What animal does Taylor's landlord help to emigrate?
This section contains 483 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)