|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Annawake and Alice sit with Ledger as they discuss Turtle's future?
(a) By the lake.
(b) In the woods.
(c) In a thatched hut.
(d) On a mountain.
2. What does Annawake claim is the meaning behind the seventh star in the constellation?
(a) It is the sin of the children.
(b) It is the kidnapper of the children.
(c) It is a forgotten child.
(d) It is the mother of the children.
3. Which character prepares kunutche for Alice?
4. During the stomp dance, what does the tribe pass around while the chief speaks blessings over them?
(a) A shell.
(b) A Bible.
(c) A bottle of moonshine.
(d) A pipe.
5. What is the town of Heaven named after?
(a) A burning fire.
(b) A field of grass.
(c) A flowering tree.
(d) A watering hole.
6. What is the case served before Turtle's regarding in the courts?
7. What medical condition is Turtle diagnosed with at the free clinic?
(b) Lactose intolerance.
8. What is Letty's relationship to Cash Stillwater?
(a) She is his aunt.
(b) She is his cousin.
(c) She is his niece.
(d) She is his sister.
9. How many Hornbuckle families are listed in the telephone directory when Alice begins searching it?
10. In Ledger's story, what animal is sent down by the spirits to cut a baby in half?
(a) A tiger.
(b) A snake.
(c) A bear.
(d) An eagle.
11. What time does the Indian stomp dance typically start?
(a) Six p.m.
(b) Six a.m.
12. How does Turtle respond to the news that Alice will be leaving?
(a) She is apathetic.
(b) She is angered.
(c) She is amused.
(d) She is anxious.
13. What does Annawake return to Letty's home after the welcoming celebration for Cash?
(a) A wine glass.
(b) A tupperware.
(c) A casserole dish.
(d) A pie plate.
14. What type of people does Taylor have a job driving around town?
(a) Handicapped people.
(b) Elderly people.
(c) Wealthy people.
(d) Small school children.
15. What does Annawake claim Boma Mellowbug has stolen from Mr. Green?
(b) Ostrich feathers.
(c) Apples from his tree.
(d) Library books.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Taylor writes her rent check, when does she date the check?
2. What meal does Cash serve to Alice in bed?
3. What is the main ingredient in kunutche?
4. What happens to the Jewish father that fought for the return of his adopted son after the Holocaust?
5. What does Annawake claim should be the main priority of the Cherokee tribe?
This section contains 472 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)