|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of Alice's relatives is thought to be a full blood Cherokee?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her paternal grandfather.
(c) Her maternal grandmother.
(d) Her mother.
2. Which of the following statements is NOT made by Annawake as she is describing Alice to Letty?
(a) She likes a man that can talk.
(b) She is divorced.
(c) She has a daughter.
(d) She is pretty.
3. What does Annawake claim is the meaning behind the seventh star in the constellation?
(a) It is a forgotten child.
(b) It is the kidnapper of the children.
(c) It is the sin of the children.
(d) It is the mother of the children.
4. In Cash's stories, what is the name of his missing granddaughter?
5. Where does the man in the wheelchair take Taylor and Turtle on their date?
(a) To the cinema.
(b) To the aviary.
(c) To a steak house.
(d) To the fish ladder.
6. What does the woman Taylor is driving at the opening of the chapter say that she has forgotten?
(a) What colors look like.
(b) What sugar tastes like.
(c) What flowers smell like.
(d) What fresh air feels like.
7. What is Letty's reaction to the news that Alice is an admirer of Cash?
(a) She is excited.
(b) She is outraged.
(c) She is doubtful.
(d) She is saddened.
8. From what city does Alice attempt to locate her cousin Sugar?
(a) Laguna Beach.
(b) Los Angeles.
9. How does Turtle respond to the news that Alice will be leaving?
(a) She is apathetic.
(b) She is anxious.
(c) She is angered.
(d) She is amused.
10. What meal does Cash serve to Alice in bed?
11. What is the main ingredient in kunutche?
12. Who must decide the final fate of Turtle's custody?
(b) The tribe.
13. What is the name of the clan that Sugar and Alice belong to?
(a) The Deer Clan.
(b) The Fish Clan.
(c) The Mouse Clan.
(d) The Bird Clan.
14. Where does Taylor hide the money that Alice has given her once she is in her own apartment?
(a) In a photo cube.
(b) In the ceiling panels.
(c) In a hollowed-out book.
(d) Underneath her mattress.
15. What medical condition is Turtle diagnosed with at the free clinic?
(d) Lactose intolerance.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following characters is NOT present during the final confrontation over Turtle's custody?
2. Why does Taylor accept the date from the man in the wheelchair?
3. Why do the whites kick the Indians off their land during the Trail of Tears?
4. When the novel turns to the perspective of Letty and Sugar, what are they doing in preparation for Cash's return to the tribe?
5. At the end of the novel, who/what does Cash shoot?
This section contains 511 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)