|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Alice and Cash decide to do as they drive home together from the confrontation?
(a) Raise Turtle together.
(b) Fight Annawake.
(c) Get married.
(d) Break up.
2. How does Turtle respond to the news that Alice will be leaving?
(a) She is angered.
(b) She is amused.
(c) She is anxious.
(d) She is apathetic.
3. What type of farm does Mr. Green have?
(a) A zebra farm.
(b) An ostrich farm.
(c) A buffalo farm.
(d) A ferret farm.
4. Which of the following characters does NOT die in Cash's stories?
(a) His son.
(b) His daughter.
(c) His wife.
(d) His mother.
5. From what city does Alice attempt to locate her cousin Sugar?
(b) Los Angeles.
(d) Laguna Beach.
6. At what grade does Cash Stillwater stop attending school?
(a) Third grade.
(b) First grade.
(c) Fifth grade.
(d) Seventh grade.
7. Why do the whites kick the Indians off their land during the Trail of Tears?
(a) Because the Indians were taking all of the whites' jobs.
(b) Because the Indian land was better than the whites' land.
(c) Because the whites were terrified of the Indians' skin color.
(d) Because the whites knew how to better farm the Indians' land.
8. Which of the following statements is NOT made by Annawake as she is describing Alice to Letty?
(a) She likes a man that can talk.
(b) She is divorced.
(c) She has a daughter.
(d) She is pretty.
9. With whom does Alice discuss the meaning of the Pigs in Heaven constellation?
10. What is "poke" similar to?
11. What does Jax offer to Taylor and Turtle to get them back to Arizona?
(a) Train tickets.
(b) Cab fare.
(c) Plane tickets.
(d) Bus tickets.
12. What medical condition is Turtle diagnosed with at the free clinic?
(d) Lactose intolerance.
13. What does Turtle call Cash when she sees him for the first time?
(b) Pop Pop.
14. Which of Alice's relatives is thought to be a full blood Cherokee?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her paternal grandfather.
(c) Her maternal grandmother.
(d) Her father.
15. What gift does Cash send to Alice, letting her know that he is interested?
(a) A shell anklet.
(c) A ring.
(d) A necklace.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cash produce which convinces Taylor, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that Turtle is his granddaughter?
2. What does Annawake claim is the meaning behind the seventh star in the constellation?
3. What is the name of the clan that Sugar and Alice belong to?
4. How long does it take for Annawake to make her final recommendation to the courts regarding Turtle's custody?
5. Where is Letty when Annawake returns with her dish and gossip?
This section contains 480 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)