|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following characters is NOT in cahoots to set Alice up with Cash Stillwater?
(b) Mr. Green.
2. Why has the young boy with the string of fish been raised away from his birth parents?
(a) Because his birth parents were alcoholics.
(b) Because his birth parents both passed away.
(c) Because his birth parents had too many children already.
(d) Because his birth parents didn't want him.
3. What type of tree does Sugar's husband plant on the way to the watering hole?
(a) A weeping willow.
(b) A blue spruce.
(c) A mulberry tree.
(d) An apricot tree.
4. When Taylor writes her rent check, when does she date the check?
(a) For the date that she wrote it.
(b) For a week after payday.
(c) She leaves the date empty, voiding the check.
(d) For the day after payday.
5. How many rooms does Cash Stillwater's home have?
6. Which of the following characters is NOT present during the final confrontation over Turtle's custody?
7. What time does the Indian stomp dance typically start?
(a) Six p.m.
(c) Six a.m.
8. Why is Turtle being teased at school?
(a) Because of her skin color.
(b) Because of her speech troubles.
(c) Because of her clothing.
(d) Because of her mother's occupation.
9. Where do Annawake and Alice sit with Ledger as they discuss Turtle's future?
(a) By the lake.
(b) In a thatched hut.
(c) In the woods.
(d) On a mountain.
10. What does Jax offer to Taylor and Turtle to get them back to Arizona?
(a) Plane tickets.
(b) Bus tickets.
(c) Cab fare.
(d) Train tickets.
11. How many of the living Indian children does Annawake claim were taken by the whites?
(a) One third.
(b) One half.
(c) One eighth.
(d) One quarter.
12. What does Annawake return to Letty's home after the welcoming celebration for Cash?
(a) A wine glass.
(b) A casserole dish.
(c) A tupperware.
(d) A pie plate.
13. At the end of the novel, who/what does Cash shoot?
(a) His television.
(c) A sacrificial lamb.
(d) Andy Rainbelt.
14. What type of farm does Mr. Green have?
(a) A buffalo farm.
(b) A zebra farm.
(c) A ferret farm.
(d) An ostrich farm.
15. How many Hornbuckle families are listed in the telephone directory when Alice begins searching it?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the teenage Indians tie around their ankles during the stomp dance?
2. How does Turtle respond to the news that Alice will be leaving?
3. In Cash's story, what animal breaks into Boma Mellowbug's home and receives many bee stings?
4. After Barbie leaves, where is Taylor forced to get a job?
5. What animal does Taylor's landlord help to emigrate?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)