|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What gift does Cash send to Alice, letting her know that he is interested?
(a) A shell anklet.
(b) A ring.
(c) A necklace.
2. Which of the following descriptions does NOT match Alice's first impressions of the Cherokee nation?
3. What statement does Cash make causing the court to go berserk?
(a) That he is leaving the Cherokee tribe.
(b) That he no longer wants to take Turtle from her mother.
(c) That he wishes to marry Alice.
(d) That he is not Turtle's grandfather.
4. What role does Ledger Fourkiller play in the Cherokee tribe?
(a) He is the hunter.
(b) He is the musician.
(c) He is the warrior.
(d) He is the chief.
5. What do Alice and Cash decide to do as they drive home together from the confrontation?
(a) Get married.
(b) Raise Turtle together.
(c) Fight Annawake.
(d) Break up.
6. What does the woman Taylor is driving at the opening of the chapter say that she has forgotten?
(a) What fresh air feels like.
(b) What colors look like.
(c) What flowers smell like.
(d) What sugar tastes like.
7. What type of sandwich does Taylor make for her date with Kevin?
(a) Tomato and basil.
(b) Peanut butter.
(c) Ham and cheese.
(d) Tuna fish.
8. Which of the following statements is NOT made by Annawake as she is describing Alice to Letty?
(a) She is pretty.
(b) She has a daughter.
(c) She likes a man that can talk.
(d) She is divorced.
9. What does Annawake claim Boma Mellowbug has stolen from Mr. Green?
(a) Library books.
(c) Ostrich feathers.
(d) Apples from his tree.
10. Why does Taylor accept the date from the man in the wheelchair?
(a) To get back at Jax's infidelity.
(b) Because she thinks he is handsome.
(c) Because she wants to eat a nice dinner.
(d) Because she is feeling lonely.
11. Where does Taylor hide the money that Alice has given her once she is in her own apartment?
(a) In the ceiling panels.
(b) In a photo cube.
(c) In a hollowed-out book.
(d) Underneath her mattress.
12. With whom does Alice discuss the meaning of the Pigs in Heaven constellation?
13. Why do the whites kick the Indians off their land during the Trail of Tears?
(a) Because the Indians were taking all of the whites' jobs.
(b) Because the whites were terrified of the Indians' skin color.
(c) Because the whites knew how to better farm the Indians' land.
(d) Because the Indian land was better than the whites' land.
14. What animal does Taylor's landlord help to emigrate?
(c) Monarch butterflies.
15. What type of bird flying overhead signifies death to the Cherokee people?
(a) A kolon.
(b) A crow.
(c) A vulture.
(d) A kingfisher.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Letty when Annawake returns with her dish and gossip?
2. What type of people does Taylor have a job driving around town?
3. Where do Annawake and Alice sit with Ledger as they discuss Turtle's future?
4. What classic movie does Turtle reference after leaving the free clinic?
5. Where does the man in the wheelchair take Taylor and Turtle on their date?
This section contains 543 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)