|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following statements is NOT made by Annawake as she is describing Alice to Letty?
(a) She has a daughter.
(b) She likes a man that can talk.
(c) She is divorced.
(d) She is pretty.
2. What is the name of the man in the wheelchair that asks Taylor out on a date?
(a) Steven Kent.
(b) Michael Butler.
(c) Jerry Thompson.
(d) Richard Maydorf.
3. Who must decide the final fate of Turtle's custody?
(b) The tribe.
4. Who explains to Alice that the neighborhood used to be much more prosperous?
5. What type of sandwich does Taylor make for her date with Kevin?
(a) Tomato and basil.
(b) Peanut butter.
(c) Ham and cheese.
(d) Tuna fish.
6. Why does Taylor accept the date from the man in the wheelchair?
(a) Because she thinks he is handsome.
(b) Because she is feeling lonely.
(c) To get back at Jax's infidelity.
(d) Because she wants to eat a nice dinner.
7. What role does Ledger Fourkiller play in the Cherokee tribe?
(a) He is the hunter.
(b) He is the warrior.
(c) He is the chief.
(d) He is the musician.
8. What does Cash produce which convinces Taylor, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that Turtle is his granddaughter?
(a) A letter.
(b) A drawing.
(c) A birth certificate.
(d) A photograph.
9. What happens when Turtle is no longer allowed to hang out at Taylor's work with her?
(a) Turtle must wait in the car for hours at a time.
(b) Taylor is forced to hire an expensive babysitter.
(c) Turtle walks the streets aimlessly while her mother works.
(d) Turtle must stay unattended in the apartment.
10. How many months out of the year does Annawake recommend Turtle spend with her tribe?
11. Which of Alice's relatives is thought to be a full blood Cherokee?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her maternal grandmother.
(d) Her paternal grandfather.
12. What part of her body does Turtle complain hurts all the time?
(a) Her heat.
(b) Her skin.
(c) Her stomach.
(d) Her head.
13. Why does Barbie want to get a job in an office?
(a) So that she can steal a company checkbook.
(b) So that she can counterfeit money.
(c) So that she can meet and marry a wealthy man.
(d) So that she can earn a living alongside Taylor.
14. In his story, what does Turtle refer to as a "hen's apple"?
(a) A bowl of seed.
(b) A baby chick.
(c) A feather.
(d) An egg.
15. From what city does Alice attempt to locate her cousin Sugar?
(b) Laguna Beach.
(c) Los Angeles.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Alice feel about the teenagers in Heaven?
2. With whom does Alice discuss the meaning of the Pigs in Heaven constellation?
3. After Barbie leaves, where is Taylor forced to get a job?
4. How long does it take for Annawake to make her final recommendation to the courts regarding Turtle's custody?
5. What classic movie does Turtle reference after leaving the free clinic?
This section contains 526 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)