|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Annawake recommend take custody of Turtle?
(a) The tribe.
2. While at lunch with Alice, what condiment does Annawake spill on the table?
3. What does Annawake return to Letty's home after the welcoming celebration for Cash?
(a) A pie plate.
(b) A casserole dish.
(c) A tupperware.
(d) A wine glass.
4. With whom does Alice discuss the meaning of the Pigs in Heaven constellation?
5. What classic movie does Turtle reference after leaving the free clinic?
(a) The Sound of Music.
(b) Mary Poppins.
(c) The Wizard of Oz.
(d) Beauty and the Beast.
6. What utility is shut off when Taylor is unable to pay her bills?
(a) Her heating.
(b) Her gas.
(c) Her electricity.
(d) Her water.
7. Which of the following characters is NOT present during the final confrontation over Turtle's custody?
8. How long does it take for Annawake to make her final recommendation to the courts regarding Turtle's custody?
(a) Half an hour.
(b) Two days.
(c) One week.
(d) Twelve hours.
9. What type of transportation does Cash Stillwater drive?
(a) A motorcycle.
(b) A pickup truck.
(c) A rusted BMW.
(d) A bicycle.
10. What animal does Taylor's landlord help to emigrate?
(b) Monarch butterflies.
11. How does Sugar describe the various bloodlines of the Cherokee people?
(a) "Mixed up".
(c) "Shaken and stirred".
(d) "Watered down".
12. What happens to the Jewish father that fought for the return of his adopted son after the Holocaust?
(a) The father is still fighting to this day.
(b) His son was returned to him.
(c) The son refused to be returned to him.
(d) His son stayed with the adoptive family.
13. How many months out of the year does Annawake recommend Turtle spend with her tribe?
14. Where do Taylor, Turtle, and Barbie move once Alice is gone?
(a) To Washington.
(b) To Montana.
(c) To Connecticut.
(d) To Oregon.
15. What does Annawake claim should be the main priority of the Cherokee tribe?
(a) The best interests of the individual.
(b) The best interests of family,.
(c) The best interests of their tribe.
(d) The best interests of the world.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Alice and Cash decide to do as they drive home together from the confrontation?
2. How many Hornbuckle families are listed in the telephone directory when Alice begins searching it?
3. From what city does Alice attempt to locate her cousin Sugar?
4. Where is Letty when Annawake returns with her dish and gossip?
5. Which of Alice's relatives is thought to be a full blood Cherokee?
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)