|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of tree does Sugar's husband plant on the way to the watering hole?
(a) A weeping willow.
(b) An apricot tree.
(c) A mulberry tree.
(d) A blue spruce.
2. Why has the young boy with the string of fish been raised away from his birth parents?
(a) Because his birth parents didn't want him.
(b) Because his birth parents had too many children already.
(c) Because his birth parents both passed away.
(d) Because his birth parents were alcoholics.
3. In Cash's stories, what is the name of his missing granddaughter?
4. Which of Alice's relatives is thought to be a full blood Cherokee?
(a) Her maternal grandmother.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her paternal grandfather.
(d) Her father.
5. At the end of the novel, who/what does Cash shoot?
(a) Andy Rainbelt.
(b) A sacrificial lamb.
(d) His television.
6. What utility is shut off when Taylor is unable to pay her bills?
(a) Her electricity.
(b) Her gas.
(c) Her heating.
(d) Her water.
7. In Cash's story, what animal breaks into Boma Mellowbug's home and receives many bee stings?
(a) An ostrich.
(b) A fox.
(c) An eagle.
(d) A weasle.
8. Who explains to Alice that the neighborhood used to be much more prosperous?
9. Which of the following characters does NOT die in Cash's stories?
(a) His son.
(b) His daughter.
(c) His mother.
(d) His wife.
10. What happens to the Jewish father that fought for the return of his adopted son after the Holocaust?
(a) The son refused to be returned to him.
(b) His son was returned to him.
(c) His son stayed with the adoptive family.
(d) The father is still fighting to this day.
11. Which of the following characters is NOT in cahoots to set Alice up with Cash Stillwater?
(c) Mr. Green.
12. When Cash is recounting all of the family members of his that have died, what time span is given for their deaths?
(a) Two years.
(b) Ten years.
(c) Four years.
(d) One year.
13. What type of people does Taylor have a job driving around town?
(a) Wealthy people.
(b) Small school children.
(c) Handicapped people.
(d) Elderly people.
14. What type of home does Cash Stillwater's family build on their homestead?
(a) A log cabin.
(b) A mud-walled hut.
(c) A straw-thatched hut.
(d) A stone pavillion
15. What type of transportation does Cash Stillwater drive?
(a) A pickup truck.
(b) A rusted BMW.
(c) A bicycle.
(d) A motorcycle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the clan that Sugar and Alice belong to?
2. How many of the living Indian children does Annawake claim were taken by the whites?
3. What does the woman Taylor is driving at the opening of the chapter say that she has forgotten?
4. What does Annawake claim Boma Mellowbug has stolen from Mr. Green?
5. What are the Indian people tricked into giving away by clever crooks?
This section contains 493 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)