|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Taylor, Turtle, and Barbie move once Alice is gone?
(a) To Washington.
(b) To Connecticut.
(c) To Montana.
(d) To Oregon.
2. How many months out of the year does Annawake recommend Turtle spend with her tribe?
3. Where is Letty when Annawake returns with her dish and gossip?
(a) In the kitchen.
(b) In the bathtub.
(c) In the library.
(d) In the garden.
4. During the stomp dance, what does the tribe pass around while the chief speaks blessings over them?
(a) A bottle of moonshine.
(b) A shell.
(c) A Bible.
(d) A pipe.
5. Who does Alice remember shaking, screaming, and speaking in tongues?
(a) A Baptist preacher.
(b) A gospel singer.
(c) A church deacon.
(d) A saxophone player.
6. Why is Turtle being teased at school?
(a) Because of her speech troubles.
(b) Because of her clothing.
(c) Because of her skin color.
(d) Because of her mother's occupation.
7. Which of the following statements is NOT made by Annawake as she is describing Alice to Letty?
(a) She is pretty.
(b) She is divorced.
(c) She has a daughter.
(d) She likes a man that can talk.
8. In his story, what does Turtle refer to as a "hen's apple"?
(a) A bowl of seed.
(b) An egg.
(c) A feather.
(d) A baby chick.
9. When Cash is recounting all of the family members of his that have died, what time span is given for their deaths?
(a) Ten years.
(b) One year.
(c) Two years.
(d) Four years.
10. In Cash's story, what animal breaks into Boma Mellowbug's home and receives many bee stings?
(a) A weasle.
(b) A fox.
(c) An eagle.
(d) An ostrich.
11. What type of tree does Sugar's husband plant on the way to the watering hole?
(a) A blue spruce.
(b) An apricot tree.
(c) A weeping willow.
(d) A mulberry tree.
12. What does Annawake claim Boma Mellowbug has stolen from Mr. Green?
(a) Apples from his tree.
(c) Library books.
(d) Ostrich feathers.
13. Which of Alice's relatives is thought to be a full blood Cherokee?
(a) Her paternal grandfather.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her maternal grandmother.
14. How does Sugar describe the various bloodlines of the Cherokee people?
(a) "Shaken and stirred".
(b) "Watered down".
(d) "Mixed up".
15. Why does Taylor accept the date from the man in the wheelchair?
(a) To get back at Jax's infidelity.
(b) Because she thinks he is handsome.
(c) Because she wants to eat a nice dinner.
(d) Because she is feeling lonely.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Taylor writes her rent check, when does she date the check?
2. Which of the following characters is NOT in cahoots to set Alice up with Cash Stillwater?
3. Which of the following descriptions does NOT match Alice's first impressions of the Cherokee nation?
4. What type of home does Cash Stillwater's family build on their homestead?
5. Why does Barbie want to get a job in an office?
This section contains 516 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)