|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Letty when Annawake returns with her dish and gossip?
(a) In the bathtub.
(b) In the library.
(c) In the garden.
(d) In the kitchen.
2. How does Turtle respond to the news that Alice will be leaving?
(a) She is angered.
(b) She is anxious.
(c) She is apathetic.
(d) She is amused.
3. What type of transportation does Cash Stillwater drive?
(a) A rusted BMW.
(b) A bicycle.
(c) A motorcycle.
(d) A pickup truck.
4. Which of the following adjectives best describes Letty's character?
5. What does Annawake return to Letty's home after the welcoming celebration for Cash?
(a) A pie plate.
(b) A tupperware.
(c) A casserole dish.
(d) A wine glass.
6. What happens to the Jewish father that fought for the return of his adopted son after the Holocaust?
(a) The father is still fighting to this day.
(b) His son stayed with the adoptive family.
(c) The son refused to be returned to him.
(d) His son was returned to him.
7. Which of the following descriptions does NOT match Alice's first impressions of the Cherokee nation?
8. At the end of the novel, who/what does Cash shoot?
(b) His television.
(c) Andy Rainbelt.
(d) A sacrificial lamb.
9. What type of people does Taylor have a job driving around town?
(a) Wealthy people.
(b) Handicapped people.
(c) Elderly people.
(d) Small school children.
10. What does Annawake claim is the meaning behind the seventh star in the constellation?
(a) It is a forgotten child.
(b) It is the kidnapper of the children.
(c) It is the mother of the children.
(d) It is the sin of the children.
11. Which character prepares kunutche for Alice?
12. What part of her body does Turtle complain hurts all the time?
(a) Her skin.
(b) Her stomach.
(c) Her head.
(d) Her heat.
13. In Ledger's story, what animal is sent down by the spirits to cut a baby in half?
(a) A tiger.
(b) A bear.
(c) A snake.
(d) An eagle.
14. What does Turtle call Cash when she sees him for the first time?
(a) Pop Pop.
15. Which of the following characters does NOT die in Cash's stories?
(a) His son.
(b) His mother.
(c) His daughter.
(d) His wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Turtle is no longer allowed to hang out at Taylor's work with her?
2. What are the Indian people tricked into giving away by clever crooks?
3. While at lunch with Alice, what condiment does Annawake spill on the table?
4. Why does Taylor accept the date from the man in the wheelchair?
5. What type of sandwich does Taylor make for her date with Kevin?
This section contains 487 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)