Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Cash's story, what animal breaks into Boma Mellowbug's home and receives many bee stings?
(a) A weasle.
(b) An eagle.
(c) A fox.
(d) An ostrich.
2. Why is Annawake issuing a subpoena for Turtle's return?
(a) Because Annawake needs to conduct an interview with the child.
(b) Because Annawake needs to review Turtle's medical records.
(c) Because Alice has requested Turtle's return to the tribe.
(d) Because her biological family is searching for her.
3. Why do the whites kick the Indians off their land during the Trail of Tears?
(a) Because the whites knew how to better farm the Indians' land.
(b) Because the Indians were taking all of the whites' jobs.
(c) Because the whites were terrified of the Indians' skin color.
(d) Because the Indian land was better than the whites' land.
4. What do the teenage Indians tie around their ankles during the stomp dance?
5. What type of bird flying overhead signifies death to the Cherokee people?
(a) A vulture.
(b) A kingfisher.
(c) A crow.
(d) A kolon.
6. Who explains to Alice that the neighborhood used to be much more prosperous?
7. Why has the young boy with the string of fish been raised away from his birth parents?
(a) Because his birth parents didn't want him.
(b) Because his birth parents were alcoholics.
(c) Because his birth parents both passed away.
(d) Because his birth parents had too many children already.
8. What is the town of Heaven named after?
(a) A flowering tree.
(b) A burning fire.
(c) A field of grass.
(d) A watering hole.
9. Which of the following characters does NOT die in Cash's stories?
(a) His wife.
(b) His son.
(c) His mother.
(d) His daughter.
10. What does Annawake return to Letty's home after the welcoming celebration for Cash?
(a) A casserole dish.
(b) A wine glass.
(c) A tupperware.
(d) A pie plate.
11. How long does it take Cash Stillwater to hear the news that his father has passed away?
(a) Forty-one days.
(b) Sixteen days.
(c) Twenty-eight days.
(d) Thirty-three days.
12. What role does Ledger Fourkiller play in the Cherokee tribe?
(a) He is the warrior.
(b) He is the chief.
(c) He is the hunter.
(d) He is the musician.
13. How many Hornbuckle families are listed in the telephone directory when Alice begins searching it?
14. What does the woman Taylor is driving at the opening of the chapter say that she has forgotten?
(a) What flowers smell like.
(b) What fresh air feels like.
(c) What colors look like.
(d) What sugar tastes like.
15. How does Alice feel about the teenagers in Heaven?
(a) They are more aggressive than any teenagers she knows.
(b) They are kinder than any teenagers she knows.
(c) They are louder than any teenagers she knows.
(d) They are smarter than any teenagers she knows.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Cash's stories, what is the name of his missing granddaughter?
2. What utility is shut off when Taylor is unable to pay her bills?
3. When asked, who does Turtle say is her family?
4. What animal does Taylor's landlord help to emigrate?
5. Why is Turtle being teased at school?
This section contains 547 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)