|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In his story, what does Turtle refer to as a "hen's apple"?
(a) An egg.
(b) A bowl of seed.
(c) A baby chick.
(d) A feather.
2. What type of people does Taylor have a job driving around town?
(a) Handicapped people.
(b) Elderly people.
(c) Small school children.
(d) Wealthy people.
3. Which of the following descriptions does NOT match Alice's first impressions of the Cherokee nation?
4. What does the woman Taylor is driving at the opening of the chapter say that she has forgotten?
(a) What fresh air feels like.
(b) What flowers smell like.
(c) What sugar tastes like.
(d) What colors look like.
5. Where does the man in the wheelchair take Taylor and Turtle on their date?
(a) To the fish ladder.
(b) To the aviary.
(c) To the cinema.
(d) To a steak house.
6. What animal does Taylor's landlord help to emigrate?
(d) Monarch butterflies.
7. What do the teenage Indians tie around their ankles during the stomp dance?
8. At the end of the novel, who/what does Cash shoot?
(a) His television.
(c) Andy Rainbelt.
(d) A sacrificial lamb.
9. Where do Taylor, Turtle, and Barbie move once Alice is gone?
(a) To Oregon.
(b) To Connecticut.
(c) To Montana.
(d) To Washington.
10. When the novel turns to the perspective of Letty and Sugar, what are they doing in preparation for Cash's return to the tribe?
11. Why has the young boy with the string of fish been raised away from his birth parents?
(a) Because his birth parents both passed away.
(b) Because his birth parents were alcoholics.
(c) Because his birth parents didn't want him.
(d) Because his birth parents had too many children already.
12. Who must decide the final fate of Turtle's custody?
(b) The tribe.
13. When Taylor writes her rent check, when does she date the check?
(a) For the day after payday.
(b) She leaves the date empty, voiding the check.
(c) For a week after payday.
(d) For the date that she wrote it.
14. How long does it take Cash Stillwater to hear the news that his father has passed away?
(a) Sixteen days.
(b) Thirty-three days.
(c) Forty-one days.
(d) Twenty-eight days.
15. Where do Annawake and Alice sit with Ledger as they discuss Turtle's future?
(a) In a thatched hut.
(b) By the lake.
(c) In the woods.
(d) On a mountain.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the man in the wheelchair that asks Taylor out on a date?
2. Which of the following characters is NOT present during the final confrontation over Turtle's custody?
3. After the confrontation, what does Taylor decide that she wants to change in her life?
4. What is Letty's relationship to Cash Stillwater?
5. How does Alice feel about the teenagers in Heaven?
This section contains 511 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)