|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of bird flying overhead signifies death to the Cherokee people?
(a) A vulture.
(b) A crow.
(c) A kolon.
(d) A kingfisher.
2. What do Alice and Cash decide to do as they drive home together from the confrontation?
(a) Break up.
(b) Get married.
(c) Fight Annawake.
(d) Raise Turtle together.
3. At the end of the novel, who/what does Cash shoot?
(a) Andy Rainbelt.
(c) A sacrificial lamb.
(d) His television.
4. Which of the following descriptions does NOT match Alice's first impressions of the Cherokee nation?
5. What is the case served before Turtle's regarding in the courts?
6. Why is Annawake issuing a subpoena for Turtle's return?
(a) Because her biological family is searching for her.
(b) Because Annawake needs to conduct an interview with the child.
(c) Because Annawake needs to review Turtle's medical records.
(d) Because Alice has requested Turtle's return to the tribe.
7. What happens when Turtle is no longer allowed to hang out at Taylor's work with her?
(a) Taylor is forced to hire an expensive babysitter.
(b) Turtle must wait in the car for hours at a time.
(c) Turtle walks the streets aimlessly while her mother works.
(d) Turtle must stay unattended in the apartment.
8. How long does it take for Annawake to make her final recommendation to the courts regarding Turtle's custody?
(a) Half an hour.
(b) Two days.
(c) One week.
(d) Twelve hours.
9. After the confrontation, what does Taylor decide that she wants to change in her life?
(a) The way that she mothers Turtle.
(b) Her cultural heritage.
(c) Her relationship with Jax.
(d) Her relationship with her mother.
10. From what city does Alice attempt to locate her cousin Sugar?
(a) Los Angeles.
(b) Laguna Beach.
11. What is Letty's reaction to the news that Alice is an admirer of Cash?
(a) She is excited.
(b) She is saddened.
(c) She is doubtful.
(d) She is outraged.
12. What fruit do Cash and Alice go picking on their first date?
13. How many rooms does Cash Stillwater's home have?
14. What utility is shut off when Taylor is unable to pay her bills?
(a) Her gas.
(b) Her heating.
(c) Her water.
(d) Her electricity.
15. How many Hornbuckle families are listed in the telephone directory when Alice begins searching it?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following adjectives best describes Letty's character?
2. Why do the whites kick the Indians off their land during the Trail of Tears?
3. What is the name of the clan that Sugar and Alice belong to?
4. Which character prepares kunutche for Alice?
5. What does Jax offer to Taylor and Turtle to get them back to Arizona?
This section contains 490 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)