|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Ledger's story, what animal is sent down by the spirits to cut a baby in half?
(a) A tiger.
(b) A snake.
(c) An eagle.
(d) A bear.
2. After the confrontation, what does Taylor decide that she wants to change in her life?
(a) The way that she mothers Turtle.
(b) Her relationship with Jax.
(c) Her relationship with her mother.
(d) Her cultural heritage.
3. Why does Barbie want to get a job in an office?
(a) So that she can meet and marry a wealthy man.
(b) So that she can steal a company checkbook.
(c) So that she can earn a living alongside Taylor.
(d) So that she can counterfeit money.
4. How does Turtle respond to the news that Alice will be leaving?
(a) She is angered.
(b) She is apathetic.
(c) She is anxious.
(d) She is amused.
5. What does Annawake claim is the meaning behind the seventh star in the constellation?
(a) It is the kidnapper of the children.
(b) It is a forgotten child.
(c) It is the mother of the children.
(d) It is the sin of the children.
6. Why is Annawake issuing a subpoena for Turtle's return?
(a) Because Alice has requested Turtle's return to the tribe.
(b) Because Annawake needs to conduct an interview with the child.
(c) Because Annawake needs to review Turtle's medical records.
(d) Because her biological family is searching for her.
7. What does Cash produce which convinces Taylor, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that Turtle is his granddaughter?
(a) A photograph.
(b) A drawing.
(c) A letter.
(d) A birth certificate.
8. What fruit do Cash and Alice go picking on their first date?
9. What part of her body does Turtle complain hurts all the time?
(a) Her heat.
(b) Her head.
(c) Her skin.
(d) Her stomach.
10. Where is Letty when Annawake returns with her dish and gossip?
(a) In the kitchen.
(b) In the bathtub.
(c) In the library.
(d) In the garden.
11. What statement does Cash make causing the court to go berserk?
(a) That he no longer wants to take Turtle from her mother.
(b) That he is not Turtle's grandfather.
(c) That he wishes to marry Alice.
(d) That he is leaving the Cherokee tribe.
12. Where does Taylor hide the money that Alice has given her once she is in her own apartment?
(a) In the ceiling panels.
(b) In a hollowed-out book.
(c) In a photo cube.
(d) Underneath her mattress.
13. What do Alice and Cash decide to do as they drive home together from the confrontation?
(a) Raise Turtle together.
(b) Get married.
(c) Break up.
(d) Fight Annawake.
14. While at lunch with Alice, what condiment does Annawake spill on the table?
15. Which of Alice's relatives is thought to be a full blood Cherokee?
(a) Her paternal grandfather.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her maternal grandmother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Alice remember shaking, screaming, and speaking in tongues?
2. From what city does Alice attempt to locate her cousin Sugar?
3. What is the name of the clan that Sugar and Alice belong to?
4. Which of the following adjectives best describes Letty's character?
5. Why has the young boy with the string of fish been raised away from his birth parents?
This section contains 557 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)