|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animal has the town council in Jackson Hole decided to shoot for not being native to the area?
(a) Bald eagles.
(d) Koi fish.
2. What animal does Alice's next door neighbor raise?
3. For how long are the men in Alice's story marooned off the coast of Florida?
(a) One year.
(b) One week.
(c) One day.
(d) One month.
4. While they are on the run, where does Turtle request to stop and visit?
(a) Mount Rushmore.
(b) Niagra Falls.
(c) The Hoover Dam.
(d) The Grand Canyon.
5. How old is Annawake Fourkiller when her twin brother is adopted to a white family?
6. What does Annawake compare the adoption of Indian children to white families to?
(b) Grand larceny.
(c) Souvenier purchases.
(d) Animal poaching.
7. What is the name of the constellation that Jax tells Annawake about?
(a) Orion's Belt.
(b) Ursa Major.
(c) The Big Dipper.
(d) The Seven Sisters.
8. How does Gundi respond to Jax's insistence that he must tell Taylor about their affair?
(a) She dials Taylor's number on the telephone.
(b) She slaps Jax across the face.
(c) She begins weeping uncontrollably.
(d) She kicks him out of the house.
9. Why is Annawake traveling to Tucson, where she plans to interview Taylor?
(a) For a conference.
(b) For a funeral.
(c) For a graduation.
(d) For a wedding.
10. In Annawake's story, what are the six naughty Indian boys turned into when they don't do their ceremonial chores?
11. What happens to the money that Taylor finds on her windshield?
(a) She misplaces it while on the run.
(b) She gambles it away.
(c) She uses it to buy groceries.
(d) She deposits it into her savings account.
12. How many daughters does Cash Stillwater have with his wife in Heaven?
13. Where are Turtle and Taylor vacationing when Turtle sees a man fall into a ditch?
(a) At Yellowstone National Park.
(b) At the Grand Canyon.
(c) At Mount Rushmore.
(d) At the Hoover Dam.
14. What article of clothing does Barbie lug around with her everywhere?
(a) A pair of high-heeled shoes.
(b) A pair of woolen socks.
(c) A heavy purse.
(d) An antique tophat.
15. When does Annawake claim that Indian children begin to flounder?
(a) When they leave their white homes.
(b) When they die.
(c) When they reach puberty.
(d) When they enter white homes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What race of people are hired by Taylor to act as Cherokee Indians?
2. Who does Taylor call to visit her when she realizes that she needs more money?
3. What is Turtle's favorite fruit?
4. Why does the waitress recognize Turtle?
5. How does Jax feel about Taylor after she goes on the run with Turtle?
This section contains 491 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)