|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What part of Gundi's house does she offer for Jax to relax?
(a) The hammock.
(b) The tire swing.
(c) The futon.
(d) The bathtub.
2. When does Annawake claim that Indian children begin to flounder?
(a) When they reach puberty.
(b) When they leave their white homes.
(c) When they enter white homes.
(d) When they die.
3. What does Taylor call the coffee shop where she and Turtle eat lunch?
(a) "The cesspool of humanity."
(b) "The insane asylum of humanity".
(c) "The highlight of humanity."
(d) "The Twilight Zone of humanity."
4. How does Jax feel about Taylor after she goes on the run with Turtle?
(a) He is angry with her for leaving him.
(b) He wants to leave her.
(c) He wants to marry her.
(d) He is ambivalent toward her.
5. What does Jax argue with Gundi is the force most rewarded in white society?
6. Where does Barbie store her purse while she sleeps?
(a) In the trunk of the car.
(b) Under the mattress.
(c) Under her pillow.
(d) In the safety deposit box.
7. How long does Taylor say that it took her to adopt Turtle?
(a) One year.
(b) Five years.
(c) They are still in the adoption process.
(d) Taylor says that she never legally adopted Turtle.
8. Which of the following words best describes Turtle's emotional state at the time of the run?
9. What animal has the town council in Jackson Hole decided to shoot for not being native to the area?
(b) Koi fish.
(c) Bald eagles.
10. Why does the motel management give Alice and family a hard time when they are checking out?
(a) Because they have stolen some motel towels.
(b) Because they don't have enough money to pay for the lodging.
(c) Because they trashed their motel room.
(d) Because they are checking out of the hotel late.
11. On the day that Cash returns home, who does Annawake find curled up under her quilt?
(a) Her nephew.
(b) Her son.
(c) Her daughter.
(d) Her niece.
12. While they are on the run, where is the first place that Taylor and Turtle stop to hide?
(a) At Taylor's mother's house.
(b) At a camping ground.
(c) At a motel.
(d) On a riverboat ferry.
13. When Annawake arrives at Taylor's house, where is Turtle?
(a) At a friend's house.
(b) At school.
(c) At the zoo.
(d) Hiding under the porch.
14. Who does Alice call to double-check the accuracy of information that she has heard about Turtle's rescue?
(c) The news media.
15. What is Gundi famous for in her neighborhood?
(a) Running around naked.
(b) Giving candy to children.
(c) Stealing tools from her neighbors.
(d) Her chocolate chip muffins.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the town where Alice's cousin, Sugar, lives?
2. How much money does Taylor find in an envelope on her windshield?
3. How does Mr. Critterdon die?
4. What television station does Harold watch religiously?
5. In what state is the Cherokee tribe that Cash Stillwater belongs to?
This section contains 512 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)