|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Taylor's adoption of Turtle witnessed in the court papers?
(a) In Tennessee.
(b) In Alabama.
(c) In Georgia.
(d) In Oklahoma.
2. What happens to the money that Taylor finds on her windshield?
(a) She misplaces it while on the run.
(b) She uses it to buy groceries.
(c) She gambles it away.
(d) She deposits it into her savings account.
3. How does Gundi respond to Jax's insistence that he must tell Taylor about their affair?
(a) She slaps Jax across the face.
(b) She begins weeping uncontrollably.
(c) She dials Taylor's number on the telephone.
(d) She kicks him out of the house.
4. What television station does Harold watch religiously?
(a) The home shopping station.
(b) The sports station.
(c) The world news station.
(d) The music video station.
5. Why does the motel management give Alice and family a hard time when they are checking out?
(a) Because they don't have enough money to pay for the lodging.
(b) Because they are checking out of the hotel late.
(c) Because they trashed their motel room.
(d) Because they have stolen some motel towels.
6. What is Gundi famous for in her neighborhood?
(a) Her chocolate chip muffins.
(b) Stealing tools from her neighbors.
(c) Giving candy to children.
(d) Running around naked.
7. Who does Jax read the registered letter to upon its arrival?
(d) Lucky Buster.
8. At the coffee shop, what is the couple next to Taylor arguing about?
(b) Their children.
9. How long does Taylor say that it took her to adopt Turtle?
(a) Five years.
(b) They are still in the adoption process.
(c) Taylor says that she never legally adopted Turtle.
(d) One year.
10. What animal has the town council in Jackson Hole decided to shoot for not being native to the area?
(c) Bald eagles.
(d) Koi fish.
11. When does Annawake claim that Indian children begin to flounder?
(a) When they leave their white homes.
(b) When they reach puberty.
(c) When they enter white homes.
(d) When they die.
12. What race of children beat up Gabriel in school, claiming that he isn't enough like them?
(a) Black children.
(b) Mexican children.
(c) White children.
(d) Asian children.
13. What is Turtle's racial heritage?
(a) She is Latin American.
(b) She is African American.
(c) She is Asian American.
(d) She is Native American.
14. How does Taylor respond to Turtle's emotional state at the time of the run?
(a) She cries alongside her daugher.
(b) She talks with her endlessly.
(c) She ignores her.
(d) She slaps her across the face.
15. How does Mr. Critterdon die?
(a) He is hit by a car.
(b) He drowns in the river.
(c) He accidentally ingests poison.
(d) He commits suicide.
Short Answer Questions
1. What race of people are hired by Taylor to act as Cherokee Indians?
2. Which of the following is NOT one of Taylor's arguments against Turtle's native tribe?
3. Where does Alice hear about Turtle's rescue of the man?
4. How many daughters does Cash Stillwater have with his wife in Heaven?
5. What does Alice discover stored in Barbie's purse?
This section contains 527 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)