|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What part of Gundi's house does she offer for Jax to relax?
(a) The hammock.
(b) The futon.
(c) The tire swing.
(d) The bathtub.
2. How does Taylor respond to Turtle's emotional state at the time of the run?
(a) She talks with her endlessly.
(b) She slaps her across the face.
(c) She ignores her.
(d) She cries alongside her daugher.
3. What color are the cushions in Gundi's apartment?
4. Who does Taylor call to visit her when she realizes that she needs more money?
(a) Cash Stillwater.
5. In what state is the Cherokee tribe that Cash Stillwater belongs to?
6. How long does Taylor say that it took her to adopt Turtle?
(a) Taylor says that she never legally adopted Turtle.
(b) They are still in the adoption process.
(c) One year.
(d) Five years.
7. What does Jax argue with Gundi is the force most rewarded in white society?
8. Where are Turtle's adoption papers drawn up?
(a) In Mesa.
(b) In Tucson.
(c) In Phoenix.
(d) In Glendale.
9. To what does Jax compare the knowledge of his affair with Gundi?
(a) A block of ice.
(b) A robin's egg.
(c) A flake of snow.
(d) A flower's petal.
10. Which of the following is NOT one of Taylor's arguments against Turtle's native tribe?
(a) That they let Turtle fall through the cracks.
(b) That they sold her to Taylor for a profit.
(c) That no one in the tribe wanted Turtle.
(d) That they sexually abused Turtle.
11. As Cash is driving back home to his tribe, what type of song is he listening to on the radio?
(a) A saxophone jazz.
(b) A romantic song.
(c) A classic concierto.
(d) A depressing blues song.
12. Where does Jax find it easiest to write songs?
(a) In a car.
(b) Up in a tree.
(c) On the beach.
(d) In a studio.
13. In Annawake's story, what are the six naughty Indian boys turned into when they don't do their ceremonial chores?
14. What is the name of the motel where Lucky Buster lives?
(a) O Hotel Bonito.
(b) L'hotel Grazioso.
(c) Le Petite Maison.
(d) The Casa Suerte.
15. What television station does Harold watch religiously?
(a) The home shopping station.
(b) The music video station.
(c) The sports station.
(d) The world news station.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Annawake Fourkiller do for a living?
2. Why does the motel management give Alice and family a hard time when they are checking out?
3. Who tells Annawake the true story of Turtle's adoption?
4. What article of clothing does Barbie lug around with her everywhere?
5. What beverage do Jax and Annawake drink together while looking at the stars?
This section contains 490 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)