|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Taylor call to visit her when she realizes that she needs more money?
(a) Cash Stillwater.
2. When Barbie is arguing about the sleeping arrangements in the hotel, who does she want to sleep with?
(b) She wants her own bed.
3. What race of children beat up Gabriel in school, claiming that he isn't enough like them?
(a) Mexican children.
(b) Black children.
(c) Asian children.
(d) White children.
4. How long does Taylor say that it took her to adopt Turtle?
(a) One year.
(b) Taylor says that she never legally adopted Turtle.
(c) They are still in the adoption process.
(d) Five years.
5. Where are Turtle's adoption papers drawn up?
(a) In Mesa.
(b) In Phoenix.
(c) In Tucson.
(d) In Glendale.
6. What is Barbie's state of dress when she runs into Alice and Taylor at the breakfast house?
(a) She is wearing disheveled, wrinkled clothes.
(b) She is wearing a church dress.
(c) She is wearing jeans and a t-shirt.
(d) She is wearing a mini skirt and high heels.
7. How does Mr. Critterdon die?
(a) He commits suicide.
(b) He is hit by a car.
(c) He accidentally ingests poison.
(d) He drowns in the river.
8. Where is Turtle abandoned as a child?
(a) On a doorstep.
(b) By the side of the road.
(c) In a car.
(d) In a shopping mall.
9. In what state is the Cherokee tribe that Cash Stillwater belongs to?
10. After Lou Anne leaves his house, what animal does Jax see snatch dove eggs from the nest?
(a) A fox.
(b) A coyote.
(c) A snake.
(d) A raccoon.
11. What part of Gundi's house does she offer for Jax to relax?
(a) The bathtub.
(b) The tire swing.
(c) The hammock.
(d) The futon.
12. What does Alice discover stored in Barbie's purse?
(a) A gun.
(b) Annawake's contact information.
(c) Silver dollars.
(d) A photograph of Jax.
13. Why does Barbie lose her job at the coffee shop?
(a) For stealing from the tip jar.
(b) For ringing in too many wrong orders.
(c) For dropping a plate of spaghetti in a customer's lap.
(d) For spending too much time talking.
14. How old is Annawake Fourkiller when her twin brother is adopted to a white family?
15. When does Annawake claim that Indian children begin to flounder?
(a) When they reach puberty.
(b) When they enter white homes.
(c) When they die.
(d) When they leave their white homes.
Short Answer Questions
1. On the day that Cash returns home, who does Annawake find curled up under her quilt?
2. For how long are the men in Alice's story marooned off the coast of Florida?
3. After leaving Vegas, what does Taylor worry about in herself?
4. What does Buster's mother, Angela, do for a living?
5. What is Gundi famous for in her neighborhood?
This section contains 508 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)