|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which talk show phones Turtle seeking an interview?
(a) The Donahue Show.
(b) The Geraldo Rivera Show.
(c) The Oprah Winfrey Show.
(d) The Sally Jesse Raphael Show.
2. When Barbie is arguing about the sleeping arrangements in the hotel, who does she want to sleep with?
(b) She wants her own bed.
3. Where are Turtle's adoption papers drawn up?
(a) In Mesa.
(b) In Phoenix.
(c) In Glendale.
(d) In Tucson.
4. Where does Jax find it easiest to write songs?
(a) Up in a tree.
(b) On the beach.
(c) In a studio.
(d) In a car.
5. Who does Alice call to double-check the accuracy of information that she has heard about Turtle's rescue?
(b) The news media.
6. While they are on the run, where is the first place that Taylor and Turtle stop to hide?
(a) At a camping ground.
(b) On a riverboat ferry.
(c) At a motel.
(d) At Taylor's mother's house.
7. In what state is the Cherokee tribe that Cash Stillwater belongs to?
8. At the coffee shop, what is the couple next to Taylor arguing about?
(c) Their children.
9. When does Annawake claim that Indian children begin to flounder?
(a) When they enter white homes.
(b) When they die.
(c) When they reach puberty.
(d) When they leave their white homes.
10. What happens to the money that Taylor finds on her windshield?
(a) She gambles it away.
(b) She deposits it into her savings account.
(c) She misplaces it while on the run.
(d) She uses it to buy groceries.
11. What color are the cushions in Gundi's apartment?
12. What is Gundi famous for in her neighborhood?
(a) Giving candy to children.
(b) Stealing tools from her neighbors.
(c) Running around naked.
(d) Her chocolate chip muffins.
13. In Annawake's story, what are the six naughty Indian boys turned into when they don't do their ceremonial chores?
14. After Lou Anne leaves his house, what animal does Jax see snatch dove eggs from the nest?
(a) A raccoon.
(b) A fox.
(c) A coyote.
(d) A snake.
15. Which of the following emotions best reflects Gundi's attitude toward Jax after he reads Annawake's letter?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mr. Critterdon die?
2. How does Annawake know Sugar Hornbuckle?
3. What television station does Harold watch religiously?
4. After leaving Vegas, where do the women stop next?
5. As Turtle and Taylor board the plane for the first time in their lives, where are they going?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)