|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Annawake Fourkiller do for a living?
(a) She is a teacher.
(b) She is a doctor.
(c) She is a lawyer.
(d) She is a journalist.
2. How does Jax feel about Taylor after she goes on the run with Turtle?
(a) He wants to leave her.
(b) He wants to marry her.
(c) He is ambivalent toward her.
(d) He is angry with her for leaving him.
3. How will the Cherokee tribe celebrate Cash Stillwater's return?
(a) With a beef roast.
(b) With a chicken barbeque.
(c) With a pig spicket.
(d) With a hog fry.
4. How old is Annawake Fourkiller when her twin brother is adopted to a white family?
5. What part of Gundi's house does she offer for Jax to relax?
(a) The tire swing.
(b) The hammock.
(c) The bathtub.
(d) The futon.
6. What television station does Harold watch religiously?
(a) The music video station.
(b) The sports station.
(c) The home shopping station.
(d) The world news station.
7. When Barbie is arguing about the sleeping arrangements in the hotel, who does she want to sleep with?
(c) She wants her own bed.
8. Who tells Annawake the true story of Turtle's adoption?
9. How does Alice respond to hearing Annawake's letter read to her over the phone?
(a) She decides that Jax is a liar and a cheat.
(b) She decides that Annawake is a terrible person.
(c) She decides to meet with the Cherokee Nation.
(d) She decides that Turtle does belong with Taylor.
10. Which talk show phones Turtle seeking an interview?
(a) The Oprah Winfrey Show.
(b) The Donahue Show.
(c) The Geraldo Rivera Show.
(d) The Sally Jesse Raphael Show.
11. What is Turtle's favorite fruit?
12. When does Turtle say that a turtle lets go after it has bitten you?
(a) "When it rains".
(b) "When it loses strength".
(c) "When it dies".
(d) "When it thunders".
13. What is the name of Annawake Fourkiller's brother that is adopted?
14. Who does Alice call to double-check the accuracy of information that she has heard about Turtle's rescue?
(a) The news media.
15. What beverage do Jax and Annawake drink together while looking at the stars?
(d) Iced Tea.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT one of Taylor's arguments against Turtle's native tribe?
2. What does Annawake compare the adoption of Indian children to white families to?
3. After leaving Vegas, where do the women stop next?
4. What animal has the town council in Jackson Hole decided to shoot for not being native to the area?
5. What is the name of the constellation that Jax tells Annawake about?
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)