|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the waitress recognize Turtle?
(a) She had a daughter in her school class.
(b) She recognizes her from the Indian tribe Turtle grew up in.
(c) She saw her on television.
(d) She saw a missing person's poster with Turtle's face on it.
2. What type of art form surrounds Gundi's apartment?
3. What Indian tribe does Taylor claim Turtle is adopted from?
4. Where does Alice hear about Turtle's rescue of the man?
(a) On the radio.
(b) On the television.
(c) Through a phone call.
(d) In the newspapers.
5. Whose idea is it for Barbie to travel with the family?
6. How many daughters does Cash Stillwater have with his wife in Heaven?
7. How does Jax feel about Taylor after she goes on the run with Turtle?
(a) He is angry with her for leaving him.
(b) He wants to leave her.
(c) He is ambivalent toward her.
(d) He wants to marry her.
8. As Cash is driving back home to his tribe, what type of song is he listening to on the radio?
(a) A classic concierto.
(b) A depressing blues song.
(c) A romantic song.
(d) A saxophone jazz.
9. What is Gundi famous for in her neighborhood?
(a) Running around naked.
(b) Her chocolate chip muffins.
(c) Giving candy to children.
(d) Stealing tools from her neighbors.
10. Where is Turtle abandoned as a child?
(a) In a shopping mall.
(b) On a doorstep.
(c) By the side of the road.
(d) In a car.
11. When does Annawake claim that Indian children begin to flounder?
(a) When they reach puberty.
(b) When they leave their white homes.
(c) When they die.
(d) When they enter white homes.
12. Who does Taylor call to visit her when she realizes that she needs more money?
(d) Cash Stillwater.
13. What is the name of Annawake Fourkiller's brother that is adopted?
14. Why does Cash Stillwater decide to return to his Indian tribe?
(a) He has a dream about his wife.
(b) He has a discussion with an old friend about the land.
(c) He receives a letter from his living daugher.
(d) He reads a newspaper article about his home.
15. Why does Annawake argue that Taylor should be returned to her native tribe?
(a) Because her parents desperately want her back.
(b) Because she has a scholarship from her native school.
(c) So that she can experience her native culture.
(d) Because Annawake wants to adopt Turtle for herself.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Lou Anne leaves his house, what animal does Jax see snatch dove eggs from the nest?
2. How does Alice respond to hearing Annawake's letter read to her over the phone?
3. On the day that Cash returns home, who does Annawake find curled up under her quilt?
4. In Annawake's story, what are the six naughty Indian boys turned into when they don't do their ceremonial chores?
5. What does Alice discover stored in Barbie's purse?
This section contains 530 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)