|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jax feel about Taylor after she goes on the run with Turtle?
(a) He is angry with her for leaving him.
(b) He wants to marry her.
(c) He wants to leave her.
(d) He is ambivalent toward her.
2. As the women are driving away from Vegas, where does Alice read stories from to pass the time?
(a) From tabloid magazines.
(b) From the Bible.
(c) From Turtle's fairy tale collection.
(d) From financial newspapers.
3. Why does Barbie lose her job at the coffee shop?
(a) For spending too much time talking.
(b) For ringing in too many wrong orders.
(c) For stealing from the tip jar.
(d) For dropping a plate of spaghetti in a customer's lap.
4. What does Annawake compare the adoption of Indian children to white families to?
(a) Souvenier purchases.
(b) Animal poaching.
(c) Grand larceny.
5. Why does the waitress recognize Turtle?
(a) She saw a missing person's poster with Turtle's face on it.
(b) She saw her on television.
(c) She had a daughter in her school class.
(d) She recognizes her from the Indian tribe Turtle grew up in.
6. When does Annawake claim that Indian children begin to flounder?
(a) When they enter white homes.
(b) When they reach puberty.
(c) When they leave their white homes.
(d) When they die.
7. What Indian tribe does Taylor claim Turtle is adopted from?
8. What article of clothing does Barbie lug around with her everywhere?
(a) A pair of high-heeled shoes.
(b) A heavy purse.
(c) A pair of woolen socks.
(d) An antique tophat.
9. Where are Turtle and Taylor vacationing when Turtle sees a man fall into a ditch?
(a) At the Hoover Dam.
(b) At the Grand Canyon.
(c) At Mount Rushmore.
(d) At Yellowstone National Park.
10. What does Annawake Fourkiller do for a living?
(a) She is a journalist.
(b) She is a lawyer.
(c) She is a teacher.
(d) She is a doctor.
11. Where are Turtle's adoption papers drawn up?
(a) In Glendale.
(b) In Phoenix.
(c) In Mesa.
(d) In Tucson.
12. Why does Annawake argue that Taylor should be returned to her native tribe?
(a) Because her parents desperately want her back.
(b) Because she has a scholarship from her native school.
(c) Because Annawake wants to adopt Turtle for herself.
(d) So that she can experience her native culture.
13. Who does Alice call to double-check the accuracy of information that she has heard about Turtle's rescue?
(d) The news media.
14. What beverage do Jax and Annawake drink together while looking at the stars?
(b) Iced Tea.
15. While they are on the run, where is the first place that Taylor and Turtle stop to hide?
(a) On a riverboat ferry.
(b) At a camping ground.
(c) At a motel.
(d) At Taylor's mother's house.
Short Answer Questions
1. After leaving Vegas, where do the women stop next?
2. On the day that Cash returns home, who does Annawake find curled up under her quilt?
3. What does Alice discover stored in Barbie's purse?
4. Where does Alice hear about Turtle's rescue of the man?
5. What is the name of Annawake Fourkiller's brother that is adopted?
This section contains 522 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)