|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Taylor call the coffee shop where she and Turtle eat lunch?
(a) "The highlight of humanity."
(b) "The insane asylum of humanity".
(c) "The Twilight Zone of humanity."
(d) "The cesspool of humanity."
2. What color t-shirt is Taylor wearing when she joins her mother at the breakfast house?
3. Why does Franklin give Annawake permission to track down Turtle?
(a) Because he believes that every child should have the experience of Indian life.
(b) Because he believes that Turtle is in an unsafe home.
(c) Because he believes that Taylor stole Turtle.
(d) Because he wanted Annawake out of the office.
4. How does Alice respond to hearing Annawake's letter read to her over the phone?
(a) She decides that Annawake is a terrible person.
(b) She decides that Turtle does belong with Taylor.
(c) She decides to meet with the Cherokee Nation.
(d) She decides that Jax is a liar and a cheat.
5. When does Turtle say that a turtle lets go after it has bitten you?
(a) "When it dies".
(b) "When it loses strength".
(c) "When it rains".
(d) "When it thunders".
6. What is the name of the constellation that Jax tells Annawake about?
(a) Ursa Major.
(b) The Seven Sisters.
(c) Orion's Belt.
(d) The Big Dipper.
7. What television station does Harold watch religiously?
(a) The music video station.
(b) The sports station.
(c) The home shopping station.
(d) The world news station.
8. Why does Annawake argue that Taylor should be returned to her native tribe?
(a) Because she has a scholarship from her native school.
(b) Because her parents desperately want her back.
(c) Because Annawake wants to adopt Turtle for herself.
(d) So that she can experience her native culture.
9. What tourist purchase does Cash Stillwater make for a living?
(a) Stone arrowheads.
(b) Wood carvings.
(c) Beaded jewelry.
(d) Feathered dreamcatchers.
10. When Barbie is arguing about the sleeping arrangements in the hotel, who does she want to sleep with?
(c) She wants her own bed.
11. How much money does Taylor find in an envelope on her windshield?
(a) Fifty dollars.
(b) Twenty dollars.
(c) One hundred dollars.
(d) Two hundred dollars.
12. What animal does Alice's next door neighbor raise?
13. In what state is the Cherokee tribe that Cash Stillwater belongs to?
14. What happens to the money that Taylor finds on her windshield?
(a) She gambles it away.
(b) She uses it to buy groceries.
(c) She misplaces it while on the run.
(d) She deposits it into her savings account.
15. After Lou Anne leaves his house, what animal does Jax see snatch dove eggs from the nest?
(a) A raccoon.
(b) A coyote.
(c) A snake.
(d) A fox.
Short Answer Questions
1. What race of people are hired by Taylor to act as Cherokee Indians?
2. What color are the cushions in Gundi's apartment?
3. When does Annawake claim that Indian children begin to flounder?
4. What is Turtle's favorite fruit?
5. As Turtle and Taylor board the plane for the first time in their lives, where are they going?
This section contains 510 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)