|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Lou Anne leaves his house, what animal does Jax see snatch dove eggs from the nest?
(a) A fox.
(b) A raccoon.
(c) A snake.
(d) A coyote.
2. What does Jax argue with Gundi is the force most rewarded in white society?
3. Where are Turtle's adoption papers drawn up?
(a) In Mesa.
(b) In Glendale.
(c) In Phoenix.
(d) In Tucson.
4. Which of the following words best describes Turtle's emotional state at the time of the run?
5. After checking out of the hotel, what do Alice, Taylor, and Turtle eat for breakfast when they encounter Barbie?
(d) Fruit bowls.
6. Why does the motel management give Alice and family a hard time when they are checking out?
(a) Because they are checking out of the hotel late.
(b) Because they don't have enough money to pay for the lodging.
(c) Because they trashed their motel room.
(d) Because they have stolen some motel towels.
7. Where is Turtle abandoned as a child?
(a) In a shopping mall.
(b) By the side of the road.
(c) On a doorstep.
(d) In a car.
8. What is the name of the constellation that Jax tells Annawake about?
(a) The Seven Sisters.
(b) Orion's Belt.
(c) The Big Dipper.
(d) Ursa Major.
9. Why is Annawake traveling to Tucson, where she plans to interview Taylor?
(a) For a funeral.
(b) For a wedding.
(c) For a conference.
(d) For a graduation.
10. What does Buster's mother, Angela, do for a living?
(a) She runs a hotel.
(b) She runs a diner.
(c) She runs a laundry mat.
(d) She runs a magazine.
11. After leaving Vegas, what does Taylor worry about in herself?
(a) That her hair is turning gray.
(b) That she is beginning to lose her summer tan.
(c) That her eyes are beginning to wrinkle.
(d) That she is gaining weight.
12. When Annawake arrives at Taylor's house, where is Turtle?
(a) At a friend's house.
(b) At school.
(c) Hiding under the porch.
(d) At the zoo.
13. To what does Jax compare the knowledge of his affair with Gundi?
(a) A block of ice.
(b) A robin's egg.
(c) A flower's petal.
(d) A flake of snow.
14. Where is Taylor's adoption of Turtle witnessed in the court papers?
(a) In Alabama.
(b) In Georgia.
(c) In Oklahoma.
(d) In Tennessee.
15. What television station does Harold watch religiously?
(a) The home shopping station.
(b) The world news station.
(c) The sports station.
(d) The music video station.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what type of animal does Cash Stillwater hope to open a farm?
2. How much money does Taylor find in an envelope on her windshield?
3. What does Annawake compare the adoption of Indian children to white families to?
4. What type of art form surrounds Gundi's apartment?
5. What is the name of the town where Alice's cousin, Sugar, lives?
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)