|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Barbie lose her job at the coffee shop?
(a) For dropping a plate of spaghetti in a customer's lap.
(b) For ringing in too many wrong orders.
(c) For stealing from the tip jar.
(d) For spending too much time talking.
2. When Annawake arrives at Taylor's house, where is Turtle?
(a) At school.
(b) Hiding under the porch.
(c) At a friend's house.
(d) At the zoo.
3. How does Jax feel about Taylor after she goes on the run with Turtle?
(a) He is ambivalent toward her.
(b) He is angry with her for leaving him.
(c) He wants to marry her.
(d) He wants to leave her.
4. Where are Turtle and Taylor vacationing when Turtle sees a man fall into a ditch?
(a) At the Hoover Dam.
(b) At Mount Rushmore.
(c) At Yellowstone National Park.
(d) At the Grand Canyon.
5. What part of Gundi's house does she offer for Jax to relax?
(a) The bathtub.
(b) The tire swing.
(c) The futon.
(d) The hammock.
6. To what does Jax compare the knowledge of his affair with Gundi?
(a) A robin's egg.
(b) A flower's petal.
(c) A flake of snow.
(d) A block of ice.
7. Which talk show phones Turtle seeking an interview?
(a) The Oprah Winfrey Show.
(b) The Sally Jesse Raphael Show.
(c) The Geraldo Rivera Show.
(d) The Donahue Show.
8. Who is Franklin Trunbo?
(a) Annawake's brother.
(b) Annawake's boyfriend.
(c) Annawake's boss.
(d) Annawake's husband.
9. After leaving Vegas, what does Taylor worry about in herself?
(a) That she is gaining weight.
(b) That she is beginning to lose her summer tan.
(c) That her hair is turning gray.
(d) That her eyes are beginning to wrinkle.
10. Who tells Annawake the true story of Turtle's adoption?
11. What type of art form surrounds Gundi's apartment?
12. How does Taylor respond to Turtle's emotional state at the time of the run?
(a) She slaps her across the face.
(b) She cries alongside her daugher.
(c) She talks with her endlessly.
(d) She ignores her.
13. Where is Turtle abandoned as a child?
(a) By the side of the road.
(b) In a car.
(c) On a doorstep.
(d) In a shopping mall.
14. Why does Cash Stillwater decide to return to his Indian tribe?
(a) He has a discussion with an old friend about the land.
(b) He receives a letter from his living daugher.
(c) He has a dream about his wife.
(d) He reads a newspaper article about his home.
15. How long does Taylor say that it took her to adopt Turtle?
(a) One year.
(b) Five years.
(c) They are still in the adoption process.
(d) Taylor says that she never legally adopted Turtle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the money that Taylor finds on her windshield?
2. Where is Taylor's adoption of Turtle witnessed in the court papers?
3. What is Gundi famous for in her neighborhood?
4. What animal has the town council in Jackson Hole decided to shoot for not being native to the area?
5. Which of the following emotions best reflects Gundi's attitude toward Jax after he reads Annawake's letter?
This section contains 528 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)