|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why has the young boy with the string of fish been raised away from his birth parents?
(a) Because his birth parents were alcoholics.
(b) Because his birth parents both passed away.
(c) Because his birth parents didn't want him.
(d) Because his birth parents had too many children already.
2. How does Annawake know what happens to her brother Gabriel after he is adopted to a white family?
(a) He often wrote her letters.
(b) She saw a program about her brother aired on the news.
(c) She reads newspaper clippings about his life.
(d) She speaks to Gabriel as an adult.
3. What color t-shirt is Taylor wearing when she joins her mother at the breakfast house?
4. What utility is shut off when Taylor is unable to pay her bills?
(a) Her electricity.
(b) Her gas.
(c) Her water.
(d) Her heating.
5. How long does Taylor say that it took her to adopt Turtle?
(a) Five years.
(b) Taylor says that she never legally adopted Turtle.
(c) One year.
(d) They are still in the adoption process.
Short Answer Questions
1. What Indian tribe does Taylor claim Turtle is adopted from?
2. What is the name of Annawake Fourkiller's brother that is adopted?
3. What are the Indian people tricked into giving away by clever crooks?
4. What famous doll does the waitress at the coffee shop collect?
5. As Turtle and Taylor board the plane for the first time in their lives, where are they going?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)