|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of bird flying overhead signifies death to the Cherokee people?
(a) A vulture.
(b) A crow.
(c) A kingfisher.
(d) A kolon.
2. Who does Alice remember shaking, screaming, and speaking in tongues?
(a) A saxophone player.
(b) A Baptist preacher.
(c) A church deacon.
(d) A gospel singer.
3. As Cash is driving back home to his tribe, what type of song is he listening to on the radio?
(a) A depressing blues song.
(b) A saxophone jazz.
(c) A romantic song.
(d) A classic concierto.
4. Why does the motel management give Alice and family a hard time when they are checking out?
(a) Because they are checking out of the hotel late.
(b) Because they don't have enough money to pay for the lodging.
(c) Because they have stolen some motel towels.
(d) Because they trashed their motel room.
5. What is Letty's reaction to the news that Alice is an admirer of Cash?
(a) She is outraged.
(b) She is excited.
(c) She is saddened.
(d) She is doubtful.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the town of Heaven named after?
2. Why does the waitress recognize Turtle?
3. Which of the following emotions best reflects Gundi's attitude toward Jax after he reads Annawake's letter?
4. What famous doll does the waitress at the coffee shop collect?
5. How much money does Taylor find in an envelope on her windshield?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)