|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT one of Taylor's arguments against Turtle's native tribe?
(a) That they let Turtle fall through the cracks.
(b) That they sexually abused Turtle.
(c) That no one in the tribe wanted Turtle.
(d) That they sold her to Taylor for a profit.
2. When Annawake arrives at Taylor's house, where is Turtle?
(a) Hiding under the porch.
(b) At the zoo.
(c) At a friend's house.
(d) At school.
3. How does Taylor respond to Turtle's emotional state at the time of the run?
(a) She talks with her endlessly.
(b) She cries alongside her daugher.
(c) She ignores her.
(d) She slaps her across the face.
4. Which of the following words best describes Turtle's emotional state at the time of the run?
5. Why does Annawake argue that Taylor should be returned to her native tribe?
(a) Because Annawake wants to adopt Turtle for herself.
(b) Because she has a scholarship from her native school.
(c) So that she can experience her native culture.
(d) Because her parents desperately want her back.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the waitress recognize Turtle?
2. At the coffee shop, what is the couple next to Taylor arguing about?
3. What does Buster's mother, Angela, do for a living?
4. What Indian tribe does Taylor claim Turtle is adopted from?
5. Who does Taylor call to visit her when she realizes that she needs more money?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)