|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which talk show phones Turtle seeking an interview?
(a) The Geraldo Rivera Show.
(b) The Sally Jesse Raphael Show.
(c) The Donahue Show.
(d) The Oprah Winfrey Show.
2. Which of the following is NOT one of Taylor's arguments against Turtle's native tribe?
(a) That they sexually abused Turtle.
(b) That no one in the tribe wanted Turtle.
(c) That they let Turtle fall through the cracks.
(d) That they sold her to Taylor for a profit.
3. When does Turtle say that a turtle lets go after it has bitten you?
(a) "When it loses strength".
(b) "When it rains".
(c) "When it thunders".
(d) "When it dies".
4. How does Taylor respond to Turtle's emotional state at the time of the run?
(a) She ignores her.
(b) She slaps her across the face.
(c) She cries alongside her daugher.
(d) She talks with her endlessly.
5. Why does Annawake argue that Taylor should be returned to her native tribe?
(a) Because she has a scholarship from her native school.
(b) So that she can experience her native culture.
(c) Because her parents desperately want her back.
(d) Because Annawake wants to adopt Turtle for herself.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Gundi famous for in her neighborhood?
2. What does Annawake compare the adoption of Indian children to white families to?
3. Who is Franklin Trunbo?
4. Where does Alice hear about Turtle's rescue of the man?
5. While they are on the run, where is the first place that Taylor and Turtle stop to hide?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)