|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Annawake compare the adoption of Indian children to white families to?
(a) Animal poaching.
(c) Souvenier purchases.
(d) Grand larceny.
2. What is the town of Heaven named after?
(a) A watering hole.
(b) A burning fire.
(c) A flowering tree.
(d) A field of grass.
3. Where does Barbie store her purse while she sleeps?
(a) In the trunk of the car.
(b) Under her pillow.
(c) In the safety deposit box.
(d) Under the mattress.
4. Why is Annawake traveling to Tucson, where she plans to interview Taylor?
(a) For a conference.
(b) For a wedding.
(c) For a funeral.
(d) For a graduation.
5. How does Alice respond to hearing Annawake's letter read to her over the phone?
(a) She decides to meet with the Cherokee Nation.
(b) She decides that Turtle does belong with Taylor.
(c) She decides that Annawake is a terrible person.
(d) She decides that Jax is a liar and a cheat.
Short Answer Questions
1. While they are on the run, where is the first place that Taylor and Turtle stop to hide?
2. How does Taylor respond to Turtle's emotional state at the time of the run?
3. Which of the following words best describes Turtle's emotional state at the time of the run?
4. What Indian tribe does Taylor claim Turtle is adopted from?
5. What are the Indian people tricked into giving away by clever crooks?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)