|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. With Mr. Pignati at the hospital and John and Lorraine having dinner at Mr. Pignati's house, the pair drinks a toast to _____.
2. Following the party, what is Lorraine still wearing after arriving at her own home?
3. After John and Lorraine apologize to Mr. Pignati, where does the man agree to meet them?
4. As a result of what Norton plays with when he is little, according to John, Norton becomes what?
5. When John and Lorraine skip school to visit Mr. Pignati at the hospital, the old man is _____.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Perhaps more than any other character, Lorraine experiences a great measure of internal conflict. Explain how the following internal conflicts arise for Lorraine. How she deals with each one? In each instance, does she find a resolution to the conflict?
1. Doing what's right versus following John.
2. Having fun versus treating others with respect.
3. Being angry with her mother versus sympathizing with her mother's hard life.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast how John and Lorraine deal with the grief and loss they experience.
Essay Topic 3
Through their experiences with Mr. Pignati, the teen characters experience a transformation. What about the primary adults in the story -- do they change or evolve by the end of the book? Answer this question in essay form for the following characters:
1. Lorraine's mother.
2. John's father.
3. John's mother.
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)