Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do John and Lorraine have plenty of at their party?
2. What does John tell Lorraine about the party he's planning at Mr. Pignati's house?
3. When Mr. Pignati is at the hospital, what does Lorraine confess to John?
4. As John explores the house, while Mr. Pignati is at the hospital, Lorraine asks what he's doing. What does he reply?
5. Which person does John specifically NOT invite to the party?
Through their experiences with Mr. Pignati, as well as their own evolving friendship, Lorraine and John learn a great deal about life. Write about three important life lessons these teens learn, and explain the events and thought processes that bring about each lesson.
Perhaps more than any other character, Lorraine experiences a great measure of internal conflict. Explain how the following internal conflicts arise for Lorraine. How she deals with each one? In each instance, does she find a resolution to the conflict?
1. Doing what's right versus following John.
2. Having fun versus treating others with respect.
3. Being angry with her mother versus sympathizing with her mother's hard life.
1. Compare and contrast the personalities, behavior, attitudes, and outlooks of John and Lorraine. In what ways are these two characters different? How are they similar?
2. What draws them to each other?
3. How do these two complementary characters balance each other? Keep each other grounded? Expand one another's horizons?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)