|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. At home, John is frequently told to do what?
2. When John realizes he's been eating chocolate covered ants, what does he do?
3. Who shows up to John's and Lorraine's party in a taxi cab?
4. John says that Norton's mother allows him to play with what when he is little?
5. After the party breaks up, who takes Lorraine and John home?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Perhaps more than any other character, Lorraine experiences a great measure of internal conflict. Explain how the following internal conflicts arise for Lorraine. How she deals with each one? In each instance, does she find a resolution to the conflict?
1. Doing what's right versus following John.
2. Having fun versus treating others with respect.
3. Being angry with her mother versus sympathizing with her mother's hard life.
Essay Topic 2
Through their experiences with Mr. Pignati, the teen characters experience a transformation. What about the primary adults in the story -- do they change or evolve by the end of the book? Answer this question in essay form for the following characters:
1. Lorraine's mother.
2. John's father.
3. John's mother.
Essay Topic 3
1. Analyze the depth and range of emotions John and Lorraine experience during the week when Mr. Pignati is recovering at the hospital.
2. During this week, do you feel the teens mature, regress, or a little of both? Explain.
This section contains 987 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)