|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lorraine conclude is the strongest thing in the world?
2. The day after the party, what does John tell Lorraine that his parents think?
3. When they are alone in Mr. Pignati's house, John looks around to see:
4. Why does Lorraine justify the fact that her mother picks on her?
5. While Mr. Pignati is recovering at the hospital, Lorraine chides John for _____.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1. Analyze the depth and range of emotions John and Lorraine experience during the week when Mr. Pignati is recovering at the hospital.
2. During this week, do you feel the teens mature, regress, or a little of both? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the symbolic meaning the author is trying to attach to the the following:
1. Mr. Pignati's extensive pig collection.
2. John's and Lorraine's roller skates.
3. Bobo the baboon.
Essay Topic 3
Even though John appears shallow at the start of the book, by the end we witness much greater depth than first meets the eye. Discuss John's transformation and evolution as seen from the reader's viewpoint.
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)