|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do John and Lorraine do for music at the party?
2. En route to Beekman's Department Store with John and Mr. Pignati, Lorraine sees what?
3. When John is about ten years old, his father gets a kick watching him go around the house doing what?
4. While Mr. Pignati is recovering at the hospital, Lorraine chides John for _____.
5. After coming and going from Mr. Pignati's house, while he's at the hospital, Lorraine and John begin to what?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Several minor characters serve important roles in the book. Describe the relevance of the following characters:
1. Norton, friend of John and Lorraine.
2. Conchetta, Mr. Pignati's deceased wife.
3. Kenneth, John's brother.
Essay Topic 2
John wants to be an actor, and Lorraine wants to be a writer. Explain how their personalities and views on life reinforce their career choices.
Essay Topic 3
Perhaps more than any other character, Lorraine experiences a great measure of internal conflict. Explain how the following internal conflicts arise for Lorraine. How she deals with each one? In each instance, does she find a resolution to the conflict?
1. Doing what's right versus following John.
2. Having fun versus treating others with respect.
3. Being angry with her mother versus sympathizing with her mother's hard life.
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)