|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When John is about ten years old, his father gets a kick watching him go around the house doing what?
2. After his father stops drinking, how does John feel around the house?
3. Are John and Lorraine allowed to have parties in their own homes?
4. Lorraine treasures a picture she has of _____.
5. When John and Lorraine call Mr. Pignati to apologize, what do they offer?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Several minor characters serve important roles in the book. Describe the relevance of the following characters:
1. Norton, friend of John and Lorraine.
2. Conchetta, Mr. Pignati's deceased wife.
3. Kenneth, John's brother.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast how John and Lorraine deal with the grief and loss they experience.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Lorraine's mother with John's mother.
1. Which one is the more effective parent?
2. By the end of the book, which pair has the better relationship -- Lorraine and her mother, or John and his mother? Why? Support your answers with specific details from the book.
This section contains 1,033 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)