|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Mr. Pignati tells John and Lorraine a complicated story, they are instructed to write down the order in which they think that _____.
2. After his father stops drinking, how does John feel around the house?
3. When Lorraine inquires about Mr. Pignati after the party is over, what is she told?
4. With Mr. Pignati at the hospital and John and Lorraine having dinner at Mr. Pignati's house, the pair drinks a toast to _____.
5. Lorraine treasures a picture she has of _____.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Even though John appears shallow at the start of the book, by the end we witness much greater depth than first meets the eye. Discuss John's transformation and evolution as seen from the reader's viewpoint.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast how John and Lorraine deal with the grief and loss they experience.
Essay Topic 3
1. Compare and contrast the personalities, behavior, attitudes, and outlooks of John and Lorraine. In what ways are these two characters different? How are they similar?
2. What draws them to each other?
3. How do these two complementary characters balance each other? Keep each other grounded? Expand one another's horizons?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)