|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does John's father have to quit drinking?
2. Which person does John specifically NOT invite to the party?
3. What does Lorraine think about John's idea for a party at Mr. Pignati's house?
4. John says that Norton's mother allows him to play with what when he is little?
5. John tells Lorraine that he knows what happens to Mrs. Pignati because he finds:
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Lorraine's mother with John's mother.
1. Which one is the more effective parent?
2. By the end of the book, which pair has the better relationship -- Lorraine and her mother, or John and his mother? Why? Support your answers with specific details from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Several minor characters serve important roles in the book. Describe the relevance of the following characters:
1. Norton, friend of John and Lorraine.
2. Conchetta, Mr. Pignati's deceased wife.
3. Kenneth, John's brother.
Essay Topic 3
Is Mr. Pignati the hero in this story? Why or why not? Do you attribute heroism to any other character(s) in this book?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)