|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. John comes to realize that he greatly values his friendship with who?
2. On a snowy night, what do John and Lorraine confess to Mr. Pignati?
3. What does Lorraine pass around at the party?
4. What does John find Norton doing at the party?
5. While Mr. Pignati is recovering at the hospital, what do John and Lorraine do?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1. Analyze the depth and range of emotions John and Lorraine experience during the week when Mr. Pignati is recovering at the hospital.
2. During this week, do you feel the teens mature, regress, or a little of both? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Through their experiences with Mr. Pignati, as well as their own evolving friendship, Lorraine and John learn a great deal about life. Write about three important life lessons these teens learn, and explain the events and thought processes that bring about each lesson.
Essay Topic 3
Through this story, the author is conveying a larger message about life situations. Supporting your analysis with examples from the book, explain what the author is revealing about:
1. Growing up.
2. Growing old.
3. Trusting others.
4. Cherishing friendships.
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)