|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Lorraine and John discover what happens to Mrs. Pignati, how do Mr. Pignati's jokes make Lorraine feel?
2. Following Lorraine's heart to heart talk with her mother in the kitchen, the teen feels that_____.
3. The Pigman differs from John's parents in that he _____.
4. After John and Lorraine make their confession to Mr. Pignati, how does he react?
5. What is Norton well known for?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Through their experiences with Mr. Pignati, as well as their own evolving friendship, Lorraine and John learn a great deal about life. Write about three important life lessons these teens learn, and explain the events and thought processes that bring about each lesson.
Essay Topic 2
1. At the start of the story, the main characters state that they are setting out to write an epic memorial. What does this mean?
2. By the end of the story, do you feel that Lorraine and John accomplish their mission? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast how John and Lorraine deal with the grief and loss they experience.
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)