|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Pignati buy at the department store for both Lorraine and John?
2. Why does John not invite a particular person to the party?
3. What clues indicate that John has a crush on Lorraine?
4. John tells Lorraine that he knows what happens to Mrs. Pignati because he finds:
5. At home, John is frequently told to do what?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1. Analyze the depth and range of emotions John and Lorraine experience during the week when Mr. Pignati is recovering at the hospital.
2. During this week, do you feel the teens mature, regress, or a little of both? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Even though John appears shallow at the start of the book, by the end we witness much greater depth than first meets the eye. Discuss John's transformation and evolution as seen from the reader's viewpoint.
Essay Topic 3
Is Mr. Pignati the hero in this story? Why or why not? Do you attribute heroism to any other character(s) in this book?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)