|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does John not invite a particular person to the party?
2. When John and Lorraine call Mr. Pignati to apologize, what do they offer?
3. What is Norton well known for?
4. Does John genuinely believe that Mr. Pignati wants them to have a party?
5. Right before Mr. Pignati comes home from the hospital, what do Lorraine and John decide to do?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1. Compare and contrast the personalities, behavior, attitudes, and outlooks of John and Lorraine. In what ways are these two characters different? How are they similar?
2. What draws them to each other?
3. How do these two complementary characters balance each other? Keep each other grounded? Expand one another's horizons?
Essay Topic 2
Perhaps more than any other character, Lorraine experiences a great measure of internal conflict. Explain how the following internal conflicts arise for Lorraine. How she deals with each one? In each instance, does she find a resolution to the conflict?
1. Doing what's right versus following John.
2. Having fun versus treating others with respect.
3. Being angry with her mother versus sympathizing with her mother's hard life.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast how John and Lorraine deal with the grief and loss they experience.
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)