|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Lorraine inquires about Mr. Pignati after the party is over, what is she told?
2. Why does John's father have to quit drinking?
3. Why does Lorraine's mother keep asking her to explain where the stockings come from?
4. What does Lorraine pass around at the party?
5. The day after the party, what does John tell Lorraine that his parents think?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast how John and Lorraine deal with the grief and loss they experience.
Essay Topic 2
Explain how the author carries out the following themes in his book, using specific examples:
1. Making choices and living with the consequences.
2. Taking responsibility for one's actions.
3. Coming to terms with events and conditions that are beyond one's control.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the symbolic meaning the author is trying to attach to the the following:
1. Mr. Pignati's extensive pig collection.
2. John's and Lorraine's roller skates.
3. Bobo the baboon.
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)