|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When they are alone in Mr. Pignati's house, John looks around to see:
2. Who shows up to John's and Lorraine's party?
3. After the party breaks up, who takes Lorraine and John home?
4. Why does Lorraine's mother keep asking her to explain where the stockings come from?
5. As a result of what Norton plays with when he is little, according to John, Norton becomes what?
Essay Topic 1
John wants to be an actor, and Lorraine wants to be a writer. Explain how their personalities and views on life reinforce their career choices.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the symbolic meaning the author is trying to attach to the the following:
1. Mr. Pignati's extensive pig collection.
2. John's and Lorraine's roller skates.
3. Bobo the baboon.
Essay Topic 3
Explain how the author uses Lorraine's narration to foreshadow what happens to Mr. Pignati in the end. Cite specific examples from the book, including omens Lorraine refers to.
This section contains 1,021 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)