|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Are John and Lorraine allowed to have parties in their own homes?
2. What happens to Mr. Pignati once he learns that Bobo dies of pneumonia?
3. Who shows up to John's and Lorraine's party in a taxi cab?
4. What do Lorraine and Helen do at the party?
5. What happens when John climbs up the stairs in roller skates and Mr. Pignati attempts to follow?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1. At the start of the story, the main characters state that they are setting out to write an epic memorial. What does this mean?
2. By the end of the story, do you feel that Lorraine and John accomplish their mission? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Through this story, the author is conveying a larger message about life situations. Supporting your analysis with examples from the book, explain what the author is revealing about:
1. Growing up.
2. Growing old.
3. Trusting others.
4. Cherishing friendships.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast how John and Lorraine deal with the grief and loss they experience.
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)