|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Lorraine's mother keep asking her to explain where the stockings come from?
2. With Mr. Pignati in the hospital almost a week, how do John and Lorraine start to behave?
3. What do John and Lorraine do for music at the party?
4. What do Lorraine and Helen do at the party?
5. As a result of what Norton plays with when he is little, according to John, Norton becomes what?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1. Analyze the depth and range of emotions John and Lorraine experience during the week when Mr. Pignati is recovering at the hospital.
2. During this week, do you feel the teens mature, regress, or a little of both? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Perhaps more than any other character, Lorraine experiences a great measure of internal conflict. Explain how the following internal conflicts arise for Lorraine. How she deals with each one? In each instance, does she find a resolution to the conflict?
1. Doing what's right versus following John.
2. Having fun versus treating others with respect.
3. Being angry with her mother versus sympathizing with her mother's hard life.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast John's relationship with his father and his friendship with Mr. Pignati.
1. What internal or external conflicts does each relationship create?
2. How does John deal with these conflicts?
3. What lessons does each relationship teach John?
This section contains 1,027 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)