|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. While Mr. Pignati is recovering at the hospital, what do John and Lorraine do?
2. What happens to Mr. Pignati once he learns that Bobo dies of pneumonia?
3. When Mr. Pignati offers to buy John and Lorraine something at the department store, what does John pick?
4. With Mr. Pignati in the hospital almost a week, how do John and Lorraine start to behave?
5. What happens when John climbs up the stairs in roller skates and Mr. Pignati attempts to follow?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain, in detail, what makes Mr. Pignati a tragic figure in this story. How does his suffering help other characters grow?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast how John and Lorraine deal with the grief and loss they experience.
Essay Topic 3
Describe John's relationship with his parents and Lorraine's relationship with her mother.
1. How do these characters' parents complicate their lives?
2. Why do you feel John and Lorraine are so misunderstood by their parents? How do these misunderstandings shape how they behave and how they view themselves?
3. How does Mr. Pignati and his home represent a sanctuary or refuge for Lorraine and John? Support your answers with specific examples from the book.
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)