|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Mr. Pignati tells John and Lorraine a complicated story, they are instructed to write down the order in which they think that _____.
2. When Mr. Pignati is at the hospital, what does Lorraine confess to John?
3. What does Mr. Pignati buy at the department store for both Lorraine and John?
4. Are John and Lorraine allowed to have parties in their own homes?
5. Lorraine treasures a picture she has of _____.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1Through this story, the author is conveying a larger message about life situations. Supporting your analysis with examples from the book, explain what the author is revealing about: 1. Growing up. 2. Growing old. 3. Trusting others. 4. Cherishing friendships.
Essay Topic 2Compare and contrast John's relationship with his father and his friendship with Mr. Pignati. 1. What internal or external conflicts does each relationship create? 2. How does John deal with these conflicts? 3. What lessons does each relationship teach John?
Essay Topic 3Compare and contrast Lorraine's mother with John's mother. 1. Which one is the more effective parent? 2. By the end of the book, which pair has the better relationship -- Lorraine and her mother, or John and his mother? Why? Support your answers with specific details from the book.
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)