|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Lorraine and John visit Mr. Pignati at the hospital, what does he ask of them?
2. What does Lorraine pass around at the party?
3. What does Lorraine's mother do when the teen is brought home after the party?
4. Why does Lorraine's mother keep asking her to explain where the stockings come from?
5. When John and Lorraine meet Mr. Pignati at the Staten Island ferry, they encounter what?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Lorraine's mother with John's mother.
1. Which one is the more effective parent?
2. By the end of the book, which pair has the better relationship -- Lorraine and her mother, or John and his mother? Why? Support your answers with specific details from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Explain how the author uses Lorraine's narration to foreshadow what happens to Mr. Pignati in the end. Cite specific examples from the book, including omens Lorraine refers to.
Essay Topic 3
John wants to be an actor, and Lorraine wants to be a writer. Explain how their personalities and views on life reinforce their career choices.
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)