Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do John and Lorraine have plenty of at their party?
2. What does John tell Lorraine about the party he's planning at Mr. Pignati's house?
3. When Mr. Pignati is at the hospital, what does Lorraine confess to John?
4. As John explores the house, while Mr. Pignati is at the hospital, Lorraine asks what he's doing. What does he reply?
5. Which person does John specifically NOT invite to the party?
Through their experiences with Mr. Pignati, as well as their own evolving friendship, Lorraine and John learn a great deal about life. Write about three important life lessons these teens learn, and explain the events and thought processes that bring about each lesson.
The author uses a unique literary tool to tell a story in The Pigman. He has his two main characters retell the series of events in writing, in their own words through alternating chapters. Explain what makes this literary technique effective. How does it add interest level to the narration? How does the reader get a broader perspective through the use of this technique?
Several minor characters serve important roles in the book. Describe the relevance of the following characters:
1. Norton, friend of John and Lorraine.
2. Conchetta, Mr. Pignati's deceased wife.
3. Kenneth, John's brother.
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)