|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the tension is broken following Mr. Pignati telling the teens that his wife passes away, what does Mr. Pignati start to do?
2. John says that Norton's mother allows him to play with what when he is little?
3. As she tries to sleep, after being brought home from the party and having a conversation with her mother, Lorraine can't help thinking about what?
4. What does Lorraine think about John's idea for a party at Mr. Pignati's house?
5. After visiting Mr. Pignati at the hospital, John goes back to the old man's place, tries on his clothes, and pretends to be a what?
Essay Topic 1
1. Compare and contrast the personalities, behavior, attitudes, and outlooks of John and Lorraine. In what ways are these two characters different? How are they similar?
2. What draws them to each other?
3. How do these two complementary characters balance each other? Keep each other grounded? Expand one another's horizons?
Essay Topic 2
Explain, in detail, what makes Mr. Pignati a tragic figure in this story. How does his suffering help other characters grow?
Essay Topic 3
Even though John appears shallow at the start of the book, by the end we witness much greater depth than first meets the eye. Discuss John's transformation and evolution as seen from the reader's viewpoint.
This section contains 1,025 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)