|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Does John genuinely believe that Mr. Pignati wants them to have a party?
2. With Mr. Pignati at the hospital and John and Lorraine having dinner at Mr. Pignati's house, the pair drinks a toast to _____.
3. When John is about ten years old, his father gets a kick watching him go around the house doing what?
4. Why does Lorraine justify the fact that her mother picks on her?
5. What do John and Lorraine do for music at the party?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Through their experiences with Mr. Pignati, as well as their own evolving friendship, Lorraine and John learn a great deal about life. Write about three important life lessons these teens learn, and explain the events and thought processes that bring about each lesson.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast how John and Lorraine deal with the grief and loss they experience.
Essay Topic 3
Perhaps more than any other character, Lorraine experiences a great measure of internal conflict. Explain how the following internal conflicts arise for Lorraine. How she deals with each one? In each instance, does she find a resolution to the conflict?
1. Doing what's right versus following John.
2. Having fun versus treating others with respect.
3. Being angry with her mother versus sympathizing with her mother's hard life.
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)