|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. While Mr. Pignati is recovering at the hospital, what do John and Lorraine do?
2. What does Lorraine conclude is the strongest thing in the world?
3. What does Lorraine's mother do when the teen is brought home after the party?
4. En route to Beekman's Department Store with John and Mr. Pignati, Lorraine sees what?
5. John says that Norton's mother allows him to play with what when he is little?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Through their experiences with Mr. Pignati, the teen characters experience a transformation. What about the primary adults in the story -- do they change or evolve by the end of the book? Answer this question in essay form for the following characters:
1. Lorraine's mother.
2. John's father.
3. John's mother.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the symbolic meaning the author is trying to attach to the the following:
1. Mr. Pignati's extensive pig collection.
2. John's and Lorraine's roller skates.
3. Bobo the baboon.
Essay Topic 3
1. Compare and contrast the personalities, behavior, attitudes, and outlooks of John and Lorraine. In what ways are these two characters different? How are they similar?
2. What draws them to each other?
3. How do these two complementary characters balance each other? Keep each other grounded? Expand one another's horizons?
This section contains 978 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)