|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do John and Lorraine have plenty of at their party?
2. What does John tell Lorraine about the party he's planning at Mr. Pignati's house?
3. When Mr. Pignati is at the hospital, what does Lorraine confess to John?
4. As John explores the house, while Mr. Pignati is at the hospital, Lorraine asks what he's doing. What does he reply?
5. Which person does John specifically NOT invite to the party?
Essay Topic 1
Describe John's relationship with his parents and Lorraine's relationship with her mother.
1. How do these characters' parents complicate their lives?
2. Why do you feel John and Lorraine are so misunderstood by their parents? How do these misunderstandings shape how they behave and how they view themselves?
3. How does Mr. Pignati and his home represent a sanctuary or refuge for Lorraine and John? Support your answers with specific examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Through their experiences with Mr. Pignati, as well as their own evolving friendship, Lorraine and John learn a great deal about life. Write about three important life lessons these teens learn, and explain the events and thought processes that bring about each lesson.
Essay Topic 3
Explain how the author uses Lorraine's narration to foreshadow what happens to Mr. Pignati in the end. Cite specific examples from the book, including omens Lorraine refers to.
This section contains 1,041 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)