Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Lorraine's mother tells her to skip school the next day to help her clean their house, the teen says what?
2. Why do John and Lorraine start referring to Mr. Pignati as "the Pigman"?
3. After John's mother refuses to give him money for beer, what does he try to do?
4. John says that Mr. Pignati makes a good _____.
5. Lorraine's mother warns her that she shouldn't be hanging around _____.
Short Essay Questions
1. What angers Lorraine about the toy department at Beekman's department store?
2. Describe Lorraine's relationship with her mother.
3. Is Lorraine's choice of Mr. Pignati's name from the phone book random?
4. What happens to Mr. Pignati as he chases after John up the stairs on roller skates during a game of tag?
5. What do Lorraine and a friend, Helen, do at the party at Mr. Pignati's house?
6. Does John have a crush on Lorraine?
7. What reason does Lorraine give for undertaking the writing project she's working on with John?
8. Prior to John's and Lorraine's first face to face meeting with Mr. Pignati, is Lorraine eager to meet the man?
9. What uninvited guest shows up at John's and Lorraine's party?
10. How does John convince Lorraine that it's all right for them to cash the check they collected from Mr. Pignati under false pretenses?
1. At the start of the story, the main characters state that they are setting out to write an epic memorial. What does this mean?
2. By the end of the story, do you feel that Lorraine and John accomplish their mission? Why or why not?
Through this story, the author is conveying a larger message about life situations. Supporting your analysis with examples from the book, explain what the author is revealing about:
1. Growing up.
2. Growing old.
3. Trusting others.
4. Cherishing friendships.
1. Analyze the depth and range of emotions John and Lorraine experience during the week when Mr. Pignati is recovering at the hospital.
2. During this week, do you feel the teens mature, regress, or a little of both? Explain.
This section contains 903 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)