|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does John describe Mr. Pignati after their first meeting?
2. After finding a number of items belonging to Mrs. Pignati, John realizes that she _____.
3. Who does Mr. Pignati bring up in his first phone conversation with Lorraine?
4. What game do John and Lorraine play with Dennis Kobin and Norton Kelly?
5. Lorraine is concerned that John ___________.
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain what Lorraine says about the book reports she and John write.
2. What games do John and Lorraine like to play with Mr. Pignati at his house?
3. What does Mr. Pignati explain about the charge card John finds in the man's house?
4. Do you feel Mr. Pignati is correct to trust John and Lorraine with his house keys?
5. Describe how and when Lorraine and John first meet.
6. Describe telephone marathon, the game John and Lorraine play with a couple of their friends.
7. What does John dislike about Miss King, one of his teachers?
8. How does Mr. Pignati receive John and Lorraine at the hospital?
9. Describe the picture of her parents that Lorraine keeps.
10. Describe Bobo, Mr. Pignati's friend.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1. Analyze the depth and range of emotions John and Lorraine experience during the week when Mr. Pignati is recovering at the hospital.
2. During this week, do you feel the teens mature, regress, or a little of both? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast how John and Lorraine deal with the grief and loss they experience.
Essay Topic 3
Explain, in detail, what makes Mr. Pignati a tragic figure in this story. How does his suffering help other characters grow?
This section contains 757 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)