Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After their first face to face meeting with Mr. Pignati, why does John feel that he and Lorraine should accompany the man to the zoo?
2. How does John convince Lorraine that they go visit Mr. Pignati?
3. After John's mother refuses to give him money for beer, what does he try to do?
4. Lorraine explains that John tells lies because of his what?
5. The Pigman recounts the friendship between two sophomores and their _____________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mr. Pignati encounter when a taxi brings him home as the teens' party is going full swing?
2. Do you think Lorraine has a crush on John?
3. Mr. Pignati spends a week recovering at the hospital. By the end of that week, how are Lorraine and John treating each other?
4. How do John and Lorraine discover that Mrs. Pignati passes away?
5. What happens to Mr. Pignati as he chases after John up the stairs on roller skates during a game of tag?
6. What reason does Lorraine give for undertaking the writing project she's working on with John?
7. How does Lorraine feel about Mr. Pignati when the police take her and John to their homes after the party breaks up?
8. How does John convince Lorraine that it's all right for them to cash the check they collected from Mr. Pignati under false pretenses?
9. What reason does Lorraine give for John wanting to be an actor?
10. What does John dislike about Miss King, one of his teachers?
1. Analyze the depth and range of emotions John and Lorraine experience during the week when Mr. Pignati is recovering at the hospital.
2. During this week, do you feel the teens mature, regress, or a little of both? Explain.
Through this story, the author is conveying a larger message about life situations. Supporting your analysis with examples from the book, explain what the author is revealing about:
1. Growing up.
2. Growing old.
3. Trusting others.
4. Cherishing friendships.
Discuss the symbolic meaning the author is trying to attach to the the following:
1. Mr. Pignati's extensive pig collection.
2. John's and Lorraine's roller skates.
3. Bobo the baboon.
This section contains 471 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)