|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Lorraine's mother tells her to skip school the next day to help her clean their house, the teen says what?
2. Why do John and Lorraine start referring to Mr. Pignati as "the Pigman"?
3. After John's mother refuses to give him money for beer, what does he try to do?
4. John says that Mr. Pignati makes a good _____.
5. Lorraine's mother warns her that she shouldn't be hanging around _____.
Short Essay Questions
1. What angers Lorraine about the toy department at Beekman's department store?
2. Describe Lorraine's relationship with her mother.
3. Is Lorraine's choice of Mr. Pignati's name from the phone book random?
4. What happens to Mr. Pignati as he chases after John up the stairs on roller skates during a game of tag?
5. What do Lorraine and a friend, Helen, do at the party at Mr. Pignati's house?
6. Does John have a crush on Lorraine?
7. What reason does Lorraine give for undertaking the writing project she's working on with John?
8. Prior to John's and Lorraine's first face to face meeting with Mr. Pignati, is Lorraine eager to meet the man?
9. What uninvited guest shows up at John's and Lorraine's party?
10. How does John convince Lorraine that it's all right for them to cash the check they collected from Mr. Pignati under false pretenses?
Essay Topic 1
1. Analyze the depth and range of emotions John and Lorraine experience during the week when Mr. Pignati is recovering at the hospital.
2. During this week, do you feel the teens mature, regress, or a little of both? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Through their experiences with Mr. Pignati, the teen characters experience a transformation. What about the primary adults in the story -- do they change or evolve by the end of the book? Answer this question in essay form for the following characters:
1. Lorraine's mother.
2. John's father.
3. John's mother.
Essay Topic 3
John wants to be an actor, and Lorraine wants to be a writer. Explain how their personalities and views on life reinforce their career choices.
This section contains 1,652 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)