|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After their first face to face meeting with Mr. Pignati, why does John feel that he and Lorraine should accompany the man to the zoo?
2. What does Lorraine say is the big difference between her and John?
3. How does John convince Lorraine that they go visit Mr. Pignati?
4. While looking around Mr. Pignati's house, John finds a closet full of what?
5. Kenneth is how many years older than John?
Short Essay Questions
1. Can the reader figure out the fate of Mr. Pignati from the first chapter?
2. What games do John and Lorraine like to play with Mr. Pignati at his house?
3. How do John and Lorraine discover that Mrs. Pignati passes away?
4. What quality above all others does John like about Mr. Pignati?
5. Does John have a crush on Lorraine?
6. Why do John and Lorraine call Miss Reillen, the librarian, "the Cricket"?
7. How does Lorraine describe John?
8. Why does John feel that everything he does at home is wrong?
9. What angers Lorraine about the toy department at Beekman's department store?
10. Why does Lorraine feel a sense of compassion for her mother?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Is Mr. Pignati the hero in this story? Why or why not? Do you attribute heroism to any other character(s) in this book?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the symbolic meaning the author is trying to attach to the the following:
1. Mr. Pignati's extensive pig collection.
2. John's and Lorraine's roller skates.
3. Bobo the baboon.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast how John and Lorraine deal with the grief and loss they experience.
This section contains 757 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)