|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lorraine conclude is the strongest thing in the world?
2. While Mr. Pignati is recovering at the hospital, what do John and Lorraine do?
(a) Run away.
(b) Catch up on schoolwork.
(c) Use his house.
(d) Forget about him.
3. Why does Lorraine's mother keep asking her to explain where the stockings come from?
(a) She secretly worries they come from a boy.
(b) To see if she can catch Lorraine in a lie.
(c) Because she's very forgetful.
(d) She always has a habit of repeating herself.
4. What happens to Mr. Pignati once he learns that Bobo dies of pneumonia?
(a) He chokes on a peanut and loses consciousness.
(b) He tells the kids he never wants to see them again.
(c) He walks away in stunned silence.
(d) He is struck by grief and dies.
5. John says that Norton's mother allows him to play with what when he is little?
(a) Toy soldiers.
(c) Teddy bears.
Short Answer Questions
1. On a snowy night, what do John and Lorraine confess to Mr. Pignati?
2. En route to Beekman's Department Store with John and Mr. Pignati, Lorraine sees what?
3. Mr. Pignati's situation reminds Lorraine of _____.
4. At home, John is frequently told to do what?
5. What does John find Norton doing at the party?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)