|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When John and Lorraine skip school to visit Mr. Pignati at the hospital, the old man is _____.
(a) Happy to see them.
(b) Fast asleep.
(c) Dazed and confused.
(d) In poor spirits.
2. When Mr. Pignati offers to buy John and Lorraine something at the department store, what does John pick?
(a) Chocolate covered ants.
(b) Canned lobster.
(c) A case of beer.
(d) A pack of cigarettes.
3. The complicated game that John and Lorraine play with Mr. Pignati turns out to be a psychological one, with their answers equating to what?
(a) The one thing the player fears most.
(b) Each player's truest wish.
(c) That which each player finds most important in his or her life.
(d) Whatever is on each player's mind at the moment.
4. As a result of what Norton plays with when he is little, according to John, Norton becomes what?
(a) A bully.
(b) A pushover.
(c) A cynic.
(d) An introvert.
5. At home, John is frequently told to do what?
(a) Stop hanging around Lorraine.
(b) Move out.
(c) Make dinner for everyone.
(d) Quit disturbing his parents.
Short Answer Questions
1. As she tries to sleep, after being brought home from the party and having a conversation with her mother, Lorraine can't help thinking about what?
2. When John and Lorraine are alone in Mr. Pignati's place, what does John ask for?
3. John comes to realize that he greatly values his friendship with who?
4. While Mr. Pignati is recovering at the hospital, what do John and Lorraine do?
5. After Lorraine and John discover what happens to Mrs. Pignati, how do Mr. Pignati's jokes make Lorraine feel?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)