|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Lorraine inquires about Mr. Pignati after the party is over, what is she told?
(a) He's crying.
(b) He's laughing hysterically.
(c) He's eating a bowl of cereal.
(d) He falls asleep.
2. When John and Lorraine are alone in Mr. Pignati's place, what does John ask for?
(a) A date.
(b) An answer.
(c) An explanation.
(d) A kiss.
3. John tells Lorraine that he knows what happens to Mrs. Pignati because he finds:
(a) Her funeral bill.
(b) A notice from a psychiatric hospital.
(c) A goodbye letter from Mrs. Pignati.
(d) A sad letter written by Mr. Pignati.
4. As John explores the house, while Mr. Pignati is at the hospital, Lorraine asks what he's doing. What does he reply?
(a) He wonders who all the people in the photos are.
(b) He wants to invite some friends over.
(c) He wants to see what they can get Mr. Pignati that he doesn't already have.
(d) He's wondering how Mr. Pignati can afford such a nice place.
5. When John and Lorraine meet Mr. Pignati at the Staten Island ferry, they encounter what?
(a) Drunks and bums.
(b) Lorraine's mother.
(c) Actors and models.
(d) The school principal.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do John and Lorraine tell the police that they are Mr. Pignati's children?
2. After visiting Mr. Pignati at the hospital, John goes back to the old man's place, tries on his clothes, and pretends to be a what?
3. When John realizes he's been eating chocolate covered ants, what does he do?
4. After John and Lorraine go back to Mr. Pignati's house, while he remains in the hospital, what does Lorraine do?
5. John comes to realize that he greatly values his friendship with who?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)