|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After coming and going from Mr. Pignati's house, while he's at the hospital, Lorraine and John begin to what?
(a) Steal the old man's pigs.
(b) Wonder if Mr. Pignati's ever coming home.
(c) Get on each other's nerves.
(d) Write a letter to Mr. Pignati.
2. Mr. Pignati's situation reminds Lorraine of _____.
(a) Her own broken heart.
(b) A story she writes about love and betrayal.
(c) A landlady who couldn't accept her husband's death.
(d) Her father leaving her mother.
3. In the silence that follows Mr. Pignati telling the teens that his wife is dead, what does Lorraine offer John?
(a) Kind words.
(b) A cigarette.
(c) A hug.
4. Why does Lorraine justify the fact that her mother picks on her?
(a) She gives her mother grief.
(b) She sees herself as an overly needy teen.
(c) Her mother has a hard life.
(d) Her mother is abandoned by four husbands.
5. What do John, Lorraine, and Mr. Pignati ride to the monkey house?
(a) Zoo train.
(b) City bus.
(d) Taxi cab.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens after John calls the police from Mr. Pignati's house?
2. What do John and Lorraine have plenty of at their party?
3. Mr. Pignati tells John and Lorraine that his wife enjoys shopping for what at Beekman's department store?
4. When Lorraine inquires about Mr. Pignati after the party is over, what is she told?
5. Are John and Lorraine allowed to have parties in their own homes?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)