|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Lorraine's mother tells her to skip school the next day to help her clean their house, the teen says what?
(a) She's giving a class presentation.
(b) She hates housecleaning.
(c) She has a test in Latin.
(d) She has an archaeology report due.
2. Lorraine explains that John tells lies because of his what?
(a) Lack of respect for others.
(b) Need for attention.
(c) Fear of the truth.
(d) Obsessive-compulsive disorder.
3. What nickname does John give his father?
(a) Old man.
(d) Money king.
4. What excuse does John give for not telling Norton and Dennis that Mr. Pignati wants to donate ten dollars to Lorraine's fake charity?
(a) He doesn't want them taking advantage of the old man.
(b) He doesn't want to be scolded by them.
(c) He doesn't think it is any of their concern.
(d) He wants them to go home and leave them alone.
5. What happens to Lorraine's father?
(a) He's living in a monastery in France.
(b) He leaves the family and later dies.
(c) He disappears mysteriously.
(d) He's in prison for fraud.
Short Answer Questions
1. John says that Mr. Pignati makes a good _____.
2. What does John's father say to him about his brother Kenneth?
3. Why does Lorraine stop by the home of her teacher, Miss Stewart?
4. After John's mother refuses to give him money for beer, what does he try to do?
5. After the zoo trip, John considers Mr. Pignati to be_____.
Short Essay Questions
1. Do you think Lorraine has a crush on John?
2. What does John dislike about Miss King, one of his teachers?
3. What does John feel Lorraine lacks in?
4. Even though he dies, Mr. Pignati's last few months are transformed by John and Lorraine. How does Mr. Pignati benefit from his friendship with these two teenagers?
5. What does Mr. Pignati purchase for Lorraine and John at Beekman's?
6. While Mr. Pignati is still at the hospital, why does John check to see how much beer and wine are at the man's house?
7. Why does John feel that everything he does at home is wrong?
8. What uninvited guest shows up at John's and Lorraine's party?
9. How does Mr. Pignati react when Lorraine asks him about an old photo she finds of his wife?
10. Which son does John's father favor, him or his brother?
This section contains 903 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)