|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What nickname does John give his father?
(b) Money king.
(c) Old man.
2. Lorraine states that Mr. Pignati lives on Howard Avenue, just a few blocks from ______.
(a) Her school.
(b) Her home.
(c) John's workplace.
(d) John's home.
3. In Chapter Two, Lorraine explains that she and John feel they need to write about what?
(a) Their hopes and dreams.
(b) Their lives as sophomores.
(c) Strange things that happen.
(d) The most remarkable person they ever meet.
4. As a freshman, John is known for orchestrating childish pranks and even has the nickname of the ________.
(a) Bathroom Bomber.
(b) Teacher Terrorizer.
(c) Freshman Trickster.
(d) Classroom Prankster.
5. Kenneth is how many years older than John?
Short Answer Questions
1. What deal does Lorraine's mother have with a local undertaker?
2. In the first chapter of The Pigman, John explains that he and Lorraine are writing a book on a typewriter where?
3. What does John's father say to him about his brother Kenneth?
4. After John's mother refuses to give him money for beer, what does he try to do?
5. Now that he's a sophomore, what does John say about his freshman pranks?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mr. Pignati encounter when a taxi brings him home as the teens' party is going full swing?
2. Is Lorraine's choice of Mr. Pignati's name from the phone book random?
3. Can the reader figure out the fate of Mr. Pignati from the first chapter?
4. How does John feel about the way the world treats older people?
5. Describe what Lorraine, John, and their friends do at the cemetery.
6. Mr. Pignati spends a week recovering at the hospital. By the end of that week, how are Lorraine and John treating each other?
7. Do you think Lorraine has a crush on John?
8. What reason does Lorraine give for undertaking the writing project she's working on with John?
9. What games do John and Lorraine like to play with Mr. Pignati at his house?
10. How do John and Lorraine treat each other right after Mr. Pignati is taken to the hospital?
This section contains 894 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)