|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does John say happens to all the people who work with his father?
(a) Become boring zombies devoid of any personality.
(b) Become old and gray before they turn thirty.
(c) Divorce eight times and end up alone.
(d) Drop dead of heart attacks from the stress.
2. What does Lorraine not allow John to write in their book?
(b) Actual names.
(c) Swear words.
3. What excuse does John give for not telling Norton and Dennis that Mr. Pignati wants to donate ten dollars to Lorraine's fake charity?
(a) He doesn't think it is any of their concern.
(b) He wants them to go home and leave them alone.
(c) He doesn't want them taking advantage of the old man.
(d) He doesn't want to be scolded by them.
4. When Lorraine first calls Mr. Pignati, she tells him that she's doing what?
(a) Looking for her lost cat.
(b) Calling him on a dare.
(c) Soliciting funds.
(d) Conducting a survey.
5. John feels that the only things Lorraine lacks in are what?
(a) Assertiveness and courage.
(b) Persistence and creativity.
(c) Confidence and self-esteem.
(d) Passion and drive.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lorraine notices that John lies to his family but his family ______.
2. Now that he's a sophomore, what does John say about his freshman pranks?
3. When Lorraine tells John about the bad omens at the zoo, what does he do?
4. What does John's father say to him about his brother Kenneth?
5. Who does Mr. Pignati bring up in his first phone conversation with Lorraine?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do John and Lorraine call Miss Reillen, the librarian, "the Cricket"?
2. What does John feel Lorraine lacks in?
3. Explain what Lorraine says about the book reports she and John write.
4. Why is having a party at Mr. Pignati's house so important to John?
5. Describe John's relationship with authority figures.
6. What happens to Mr. Pignati as he chases after John up the stairs on roller skates during a game of tag?
7. What does John dislike about Miss King, one of his teachers?
8. Can the reader figure out the fate of Mr. Pignati from the first chapter?
9. Is Lorraine's choice of Mr. Pignati's name from the phone book random?
10. Does John have any interest in the part-time job his parents are trying to get for him?
This section contains 835 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)