|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After John's mother refuses to give him money for beer, what does he try to do?
(a) Have Lorraine collect money from Mr. Pignati.
(b) Get Mr. Pignati to talk to his mother.
(c) Steal money from Mr. Pignati.
(d) Steal money from Norton and Dennis.
2. Friends John and Lorraine attend what high school?
3. After the zoo trip, John considers Mr. Pignati to be_____.
(a) Boring and stuffy.
(b) Eccentric but sweet and generous.
(c) Mysterious and frightening.
(d) Harmless but a bit crazy.
4. Mr. Pignati's home is _____.
(a) Large and inviting.
(b) Behind an iron gate.
(c) Old and rundown.
(d) Painted brightly.
5. What does John's father say to him about his brother Kenneth?
(a) The two brothers could be twins, if not for their age difference.
(b) The two brothers are nothing alike.
(c) Kenneth is struggling with a drug addiction.
(d) Kenneth is thinking of joining the army.
Short Answer Questions
1. What oath do friends John and Lorraine make at the beginning of the book regarding Mr. Pignati?
2. Who is Miss Reillen?
3. What does John's father do for a living?
4. Why is Lorraine hesitant to meet Mr. Pignati face to face?
5. John says that Miss King tries to what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do John and Lorraine gained through Mr. Pignati's death?
2. Describe Lorraine's relationship with her mother.
3. What reason does Lorraine give for John wanting to be an actor?
4. Can the reader figure out the fate of Mr. Pignati from the first chapter?
5. Why does John's father stop drinking?
6. Describe Lorraine's and John's first visit with Mr. Pignati.
7. Describe how and when Lorraine and John first meet.
8. Why does Lorraine's mother have a habit of asking her the exact same questions over and over again?
9. What does Mr. Pignati encounter when a taxi brings him home as the teens' party is going full swing?
10. Describe telephone marathon, the game John and Lorraine play with a couple of their friends.
This section contains 853 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)