|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does John convince Lorraine that they go visit Mr. Pignati?
(a) He offers to take her out on a date if she visits Mr. Pignati.
(b) He claims he'll go drinking if they don't visit the old man.
(c) He says it's their duty to visit a lonely old man.
(d) He threatens to tell their teacher that she lets John cheat off her test.
2. After John's mother refuses to give him money for beer, what does he try to do?
(a) Have Lorraine collect money from Mr. Pignati.
(b) Steal money from Mr. Pignati.
(c) Get Mr. Pignati to talk to his mother.
(d) Steal money from Norton and Dennis.
3. Why is John angry at Lorraine's mother?
(a) She refuses to talk to him.
(b) She accuses Lorraine of lying and stealing.
(c) She distorts facts regarding Lorraine's appearance.
(d) She constantly mocks him.
4. When Lorraine asks about an old photograph of Mrs. Pignati, what does Mr. Pignati do?
(a) Cries for five minutes.
(b) Asks her to put it away.
(c) Tears up a bit.
(d) Tells her to leave his stuff alone.
5. What does Lorraine think about her mother taking things from patients?
(a) Lorraine thinks it's hilarious.
(b) Lorraine sees nothing wrong with it.
(c) It bothers Lorraine.
(d) Lorraine worries her mother ends up in prison.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does John say happens to all the people who work with his father?
2. What does Lorraine see in the middle of Miss Stewart's living room?
3. Now that he's a sophomore, what does John say about his freshman pranks?
4. What excuse does John give for not telling Norton and Dennis that Mr. Pignati wants to donate ten dollars to Lorraine's fake charity?
5. How does Lorraine feel about her own appearance?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does John's father stop drinking?
2. Why does Lorraine's mother have a habit of asking her the exact same questions over and over again?
3. Is Lorraine's choice of Mr. Pignati's name from the phone book random?
4. Do you feel Mr. Pignati is correct to trust John and Lorraine with his house keys?
5. What reason does Lorraine give for John wanting to be an actor?
6. Describe the picture of her parents that Lorraine keeps.
7. What angers Lorraine about the toy department at Beekman's department store?
8. Describe Bobo, Mr. Pignati's friend.
9. What quality above all others does John like about Mr. Pignati?
10. What do Lorraine and a friend, Helen, do at the party at Mr. Pignati's house?
This section contains 935 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)