|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Lorraine hesitant to meet Mr. Pignati face to face?
(a) She doesn't want to keep deceiving the old man.
(b) She's afraid he'll yell at her for her fake charity.
(c) She hears he has a bad reputation.
(d) She doesn't want him to know who she is.
2. While looking around Mr. Pignati's house, John finds a closet full of what?
(a) Pig knick knacks.
(b) His wife's clothes.
(c) Romance novels.
(d) Old pictures and letters.
3. What does Mr. Pignati offer John and Lorraine, who are posing as charity workers, after he invites them into his house?
(a) Glass of wine.
(b) Ham sandwiches.
(c) Can of soda.
(d) Green olives.
4. After John's mother refuses to give him money for beer, what does he try to do?
(a) Have Lorraine collect money from Mr. Pignati.
(b) Steal money from Norton and Dennis.
(c) Get Mr. Pignati to talk to his mother.
(d) Steal money from Mr. Pignati.
5. What deal does Lorraine's mother have with a local undertaker?
(a) They bet on which patient is the next to pass away.
(b) He gives her jewelry he takes from the deceased, she sells it, and they split the profits.
(c) He gives her ten dollars whenever she sends business his way.
(d) She gives him free drugs and he gives her free flowers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lorraine see in the middle of Miss Stewart's living room?
2. John feels that the only things Lorraine lacks in are what?
3. When Lorraine first calls Mr. Pignati, she tells him that she's doing what?
4. John and Lorraine describe their book as what?
5. John says that Lorraine becomes what?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does getting busted at a wild party become a turning point for Lorraine in her relationship with her mother?
2. During their first phone conversation, why does Lorraine listen to Mr. Pignati's jokes?
3. Which son does John's father favor, him or his brother?
4. Does John have a crush on Lorraine?
5. What does Mr. Pignati explain about the charge card John finds in the man's house?
6. From the first chapter, what can you deduce about John's character and personality?
7. Describe John's relationship with authority figures.
8. Prior to John's and Lorraine's first face to face meeting with Mr. Pignati, is Lorraine eager to meet the man?
9. What uninvited guest shows up at John's and Lorraine's party?
10. Describe Lorraine's interest in psychology.
This section contains 929 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)