|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Lorraine's father?
(a) He's living in a monastery in France.
(b) He disappears mysteriously.
(c) He leaves the family and later dies.
(d) He's in prison for fraud.
2. What does Mr. Pignati buy Lorraine and John at the zoo?
(a) Peanuts, candy, and ice cream.
(b) Hot dogs and nachos.
(c) Pig figurines.
(d) Pig stuffed animals.
3. As a freshman, John is known for orchestrating childish pranks and even has the nickname of the ________.
(a) Bathroom Bomber.
(b) Teacher Terrorizer.
(c) Classroom Prankster.
(d) Freshman Trickster.
4. What does Lorraine say is the big difference between her and John?
(a) She can cook.
(b) She has compassion.
(c) He is cool.
(d) He can sing.
5. John and Lorraine describe their book as what?
(a) Epic mystery.
(b) Fantastic bestseller.
(c) Fantastic voyage.
(d) Memorial epic.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lorraine not allow John to write in their book?
2. John says that Mr. Pignati makes a good _____.
3. How does John convince Lorraine that they go visit Mr. Pignati?
4. When Lorraine first calls Mr. Pignati, she tells him that she's doing what?
5. John's father wants him to get a part-time job where?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do John and Lorraine call Miss Reillen, the librarian, "the Cricket"?
2. What reason does Lorraine give for John wanting to be an actor?
3. What does Mr. Pignati encounter when a taxi brings him home as the teens' party is going full swing?
4. How does getting busted at a wild party become a turning point for Lorraine in her relationship with her mother?
5. How does Lorraine feel about Mr. Pignati when the police take her and John to their homes after the party breaks up?
6. Describe the picture of her parents that Lorraine keeps.
7. Explain how John and Lorraine end up having their first kiss.
8. What does the reader learn about John's feelings after Mr. Pignati dies?
9. Describe Norton, the bully.
10. Why does Lorraine's mother ask her to skip school one day?
This section contains 895 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)