|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does John describe Mr. Pignati after their first meeting?
(a) In his seventies, frail, and timid.
(b) Tall, obese, and smelling of garlic.
(c) Short, thin, and with a rose tattoo on his arm.
(d) Large, in his fifties, and with a bit of a beer belly.
2. John and Lorraine's book spans what length of time?
(a) Four years.
(b) Two decades.
(c) Two days.
(d) A few months.
3. What does John say happens to all the people who work with his father?
(a) Become old and gray before they turn thirty.
(b) Drop dead of heart attacks from the stress.
(c) Become boring zombies devoid of any personality.
(d) Divorce eight times and end up alone.
4. High school students John and Lorraine are______.
5. Lorraine's mother warns her that she shouldn't be hanging around _____.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lorraine notices that John lies to his family but his family ______.
2. Why does Lorraine listen to Mr. Pignati's jokes over the phone?
3. Lorraine feels that John needs to make up interesting stories about his life because he is _______.
4. What nickname does John give his father?
5. What does Lorraine think about her mother taking things from patients?
Short Essay Questions
1. What uninvited guest shows up at John's and Lorraine's party?
2. What does Mr. Pignati encounter when a taxi brings him home as the teens' party is going full swing?
3. Even though he dies, Mr. Pignati's last few months are transformed by John and Lorraine. How does Mr. Pignati benefit from his friendship with these two teenagers?
4. Describe telephone marathon, the game John and Lorraine play with a couple of their friends.
5. How do John and Lorraine discover that Mrs. Pignati passes away?
6. Lorraine worries that John drinks too much. Why does John start drinking?
7. What does Mr. Pignati purchase for Lorraine and John at Beekman's?
8. How do John and Lorraine treat each other right after Mr. Pignati is taken to the hospital?
9. What reason does Lorraine give for John wanting to be an actor?
10. Is Lorraine's choice of Mr. Pignati's name from the phone book random?
This section contains 921 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)