|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. John says that Miss King tries to what?
(a) Be hip.
(b) Trick students.
(c) Spy on him.
(d) Act tough.
2. How do Lorraine and John find Mr. Pignati?
(a) John gets his mail in error.
(b) They spy him at a park.
(c) Through a mutual friend.
(d) From a phone book.
3. Norton and Dennis want to drink beer with John and Lorraine at the _____.
(a) Bus depot.
(b) Train station.
4. What is one thing that John says he likes about Mr. Pignati?
(a) He can juggle five objects at a time.
(b) He is very patient with children.
(c) He doesn't try to be something he isn't.
(d) He teaches John how to make pancakes.
5. What does Mr. Pignati buy Lorraine and John at the zoo?
(a) Pig figurines.
(b) Peanuts, candy, and ice cream.
(c) Pig stuffed animals.
(d) Hot dogs and nachos.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter Three, John tells us that Mr. Pignati calls John and Lorraine what?
2. Mr. Pignati says that Bobo is ______.
3. When Lorraine tells John about the bad omens at the zoo, what does he do?
4. What happens to Lorraine's father?
5. Lorraine's mother is a nurse who works with _____.
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe John's relationship with authority figures.
2. Why does John's father stop drinking?
3. Which son does John's father favor, him or his brother?
4. Lorraine worries that John drinks too much. Why does John start drinking?
5. Why does Lorraine feel a sense of compassion for her mother?
6. What do Lorraine and a friend, Helen, do at the party at Mr. Pignati's house?
7. What reason does Lorraine give for John wanting to be an actor?
8. Why does Lorraine's mother ask her to skip school one day?
9. Even though he dies, Mr. Pignati's last few months are transformed by John and Lorraine. How does Mr. Pignati benefit from his friendship with these two teenagers?
10. What quality above all others does John like about Mr. Pignati?
This section contains 805 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)