|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lorraine talks about an entire book report John writes based on just ______.
(a) One page of the book.
(b) The back cover.
(c) The title.
(d) What he hears about the book.
2. How does Lorraine feel about her own appearance?
(a) She's not the prettiest girl around.
(b) Her sincere eyes are her best feature.
(c) Appearances don't matter, so she doesn't care about how she looks.
(d) She's not beautiful, but she's attractive enough.
3. What does Mr. Pignati offer John and Lorraine, who are posing as charity workers, after he invites them into his house?
(a) Glass of wine.
(b) Ham sandwiches.
(c) Green olives.
(d) Can of soda.
4. What does Lorraine see in the middle of Miss Stewart's living room?
(a) A trampoline.
(b) A small printing press.
(c) Her sick mother's bed.
(d) Her neighbor's missing motorcycle.
5. In Chapter Three, John tells us that Mr. Pignati calls John and Lorraine what?
Short Answer Questions
1. After John's mother refuses to give him money for beer, what does he try to do?
2. After their first face to face meeting with Mr. Pignati, why does John feel that he and Lorraine should accompany the man to the zoo?
3. As a freshman, John is known for orchestrating childish pranks and even has the nickname of the ________.
4. The Pigman recounts the friendship between two sophomores and their _____________.
5. What does John say happens to all the people who work with his father?
Short Essay Questions
1. What angers Lorraine about the toy department at Beekman's department store?
2. Why does Lorraine's mother ask her to skip school one day?
3. Describe the picture of her parents that Lorraine keeps.
4. Why does John feel that everything he does at home is wrong?
5. What does John dislike about Miss King, one of his teachers?
6. Describe what Lorraine, John, and their friends do at the cemetery.
7. What does the reader learn about John's feelings after Mr. Pignati dies?
8. Explain what Lorraine says about the book reports she and John write.
9. Why do John and Lorraine call Miss Reillen, the librarian, "the Cricket"?
10. Which son does John's father favor, him or his brother?
This section contains 836 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)