|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Lorraine meet John?
(a) Start of freshman year.
(b) Start of sophomore year.
(c) In first grade.
(d) In sixth grade.
2. At the zoo, Lorraine observes a series of bad omens including an attack by a _____.
3. Lorraine figures that Miss Stewart does what?
(a) Gets arrested.
(b) Loses her job.
(c) Joins the circus.
(d) Becomes an old maid.
4. Lorraine states that Mr. Pignati lives on Howard Avenue, just a few blocks from ______.
(a) Her school.
(b) John's home.
(c) Her home.
(d) John's workplace.
5. When Lorraine first calls Mr. Pignati, she tells him that she's doing what?
(a) Conducting a survey.
(b) Calling him on a dare.
(c) Soliciting funds.
(d) Looking for her lost cat.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Lorraine tells John about the bad omens at the zoo, what does he do?
2. Miss King is one of John's what?
3. Which part of the Mammal Building do John and Mr. Pignati really enjoy?
4. Why does Lorraine express compassion for Miss Stewart?
5. After their first face to face meeting with Mr. Pignati, why does John feel that he and Lorraine should accompany the man to the zoo?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the reader learn about John's feelings after Mr. Pignati dies?
2. Is Lorraine's choice of Mr. Pignati's name from the phone book random?
3. Explain how John and Lorraine end up having their first kiss.
4. Why is having a party at Mr. Pignati's house so important to John?
5. What uninvited guest shows up at John's and Lorraine's party?
6. What do Lorraine and a friend, Helen, do at the party at Mr. Pignati's house?
7. How does getting busted at a wild party become a turning point for Lorraine in her relationship with her mother?
8. How does John feel about the way the world treats older people?
9. Do you feel Mr. Pignati is correct to trust John and Lorraine with his house keys?
10. Explain what Lorraine says about the book reports she and John write.
This section contains 978 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)