|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Miss King is one of John's what?
2. What happens to Lorraine's father?
(a) He disappears mysteriously.
(b) He leaves the family and later dies.
(c) He's living in a monastery in France.
(d) He's in prison for fraud.
3. Lorraine talks about an entire book report John writes based on just ______.
(a) The back cover.
(b) The title.
(c) One page of the book.
(d) What he hears about the book.
4. When does Lorraine meet John?
(a) In sixth grade.
(b) Start of freshman year.
(c) In first grade.
(d) Start of sophomore year.
5. As a freshman, John is known for orchestrating childish pranks and even has the nickname of the ________.
(a) Freshman Trickster.
(b) Teacher Terrorizer.
(c) Classroom Prankster.
(d) Bathroom Bomber.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lorraine states that Mr. Pignati lives on Howard Avenue, just a few blocks from ______.
2. When Lorraine's mother tells her to skip school the next day to help her clean their house, the teen says what?
3. Mr. Pignati says that his wife is where?
4. Lorraine figures that Miss Stewart does what?
5. John says that Lorraine becomes what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What quality above all others does John like about Mr. Pignati?
2. What do Lorraine and a friend, Helen, do at the party at Mr. Pignati's house?
3. Describe Lorraine's and John's first visit with Mr. Pignati.
4. How does getting busted at a wild party become a turning point for Lorraine in her relationship with her mother?
5. What happens to Mr. Pignati as he chases after John up the stairs on roller skates during a game of tag?
6. From the first chapter, what can you deduce about John's character and personality?
7. What does John feel Lorraine lacks in?
8. Describe John's impression of Mr. Pignati upon meeting the man for the first time.
9. Describe Lorraine's relationship with her mother.
10. Why does John feel that everything he does at home is wrong?
This section contains 886 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)