|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. John's father wants him to get a part-time job where?
(a) At the corner hot dog stand.
(b) At the corner drugstore.
(c) Where his wife works.
(d) Where he works.
2. At the zoo, Mr. Pignati introduces Lorraine and John to Bobo, who is a _____.
3. Lorraine states that Mr. Pignati lives on Howard Avenue, just a few blocks from ______.
(a) Her school.
(b) John's home.
(c) Her home.
(d) John's workplace.
4. During her first phone conversation with Mr. Pignati, Lorraine starts to laugh. What does Mr. Pignati do?
(a) Hangs up.
(b) Asks to speak with her manager.
(c) Says she has a lovely laugh.
(d) Asks her to share the joke with him.
5. What game do John and Lorraine play with Dennis Kobin and Norton Kelly?
(a) Treasure hunt.
(b) Camera charades.
(c) Ding-dong ditch.
(d) Telephone marathon.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter Three, John gives the impression that he and Lorraine:
2. What does Lorraine not allow John to write in their book?
3. Lorraine's mother warns her that she shouldn't be hanging around _____.
4. How does Lorraine feel about her own appearance?
5. Kenneth is how many years older than John?
Short Essay Questions
1. What uninvited guest shows up at John's and Lorraine's party?
2. Is Lorraine's choice of Mr. Pignati's name from the phone book random?
3. Describe the picture of her parents that Lorraine keeps.
4. Even though he dies, Mr. Pignati's last few months are transformed by John and Lorraine. How does Mr. Pignati benefit from his friendship with these two teenagers?
5. Describe what Lorraine, John, and their friends do at the cemetery.
6. Does John have a crush on Lorraine?
7. Describe Lorraine's and John's first visit with Mr. Pignati.
8. How does John feel about the way the world treats older people?
9. What angers Lorraine about the toy department at Beekman's department store?
10. What do Lorraine and a friend, Helen, do at the party at Mr. Pignati's house?
This section contains 880 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)