Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Lorraine's mother tells her to skip school the next day to help her clean their house, the teen says what?
(a) She has a test in Latin.
(b) She hates housecleaning.
(c) She's giving a class presentation.
(d) She has an archaeology report due.
2. Why do John and Lorraine start referring to Mr. Pignati as "the Pigman"?
(a) His messy house and his pink nose.
(b) His name and his appearance.
(c) His messy house and his appearance.
(d) His name and his collection of pigs.
3. After John's mother refuses to give him money for beer, what does he try to do?
(a) Steal money from Norton and Dennis.
(b) Get Mr. Pignati to talk to his mother.
(c) Have Lorraine collect money from Mr. Pignati.
(d) Steal money from Mr. Pignati.
4. John says that Mr. Pignati makes a good _____.
(a) Sherlock Holmes.
(d) Santa Claus.
5. Lorraine's mother warns her that she shouldn't be hanging around _____.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the zoo trip, John considers Mr. Pignati to be_____.
2. Lorraine explains that John gets away with so much because ________.
3. How do Lorraine and John find Mr. Pignati?
4. Mr. Pignati says that his wife is where?
5. What does John's father say to him about his brother Kenneth?
Short Essay Questions
1. What angers Lorraine about the toy department at Beekman's department store?
2. Describe Lorraine's relationship with her mother.
3. Is Lorraine's choice of Mr. Pignati's name from the phone book random?
4. What happens to Mr. Pignati as he chases after John up the stairs on roller skates during a game of tag?
5. What do Lorraine and a friend, Helen, do at the party at Mr. Pignati's house?
6. Does John have a crush on Lorraine?
7. What reason does Lorraine give for undertaking the writing project she's working on with John?
8. Prior to John's and Lorraine's first face to face meeting with Mr. Pignati, is Lorraine eager to meet the man?
9. What uninvited guest shows up at John's and Lorraine's party?
10. How does John convince Lorraine that it's all right for them to cash the check they collected from Mr. Pignati under false pretenses?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)