|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lorraine is concerned that John ___________.
(a) Drinks and smokes a lot.
(b) Plans to run away.
(c) Is working too hard.
(d) Doesn't like her.
2. How does Lorraine feel about her own appearance?
(a) She's not beautiful, but she's attractive enough.
(b) Her sincere eyes are her best feature.
(c) She's not the prettiest girl around.
(d) Appearances don't matter, so she doesn't care about how she looks.
3. What does John's father say to him about his brother Kenneth?
(a) The two brothers are nothing alike.
(b) The two brothers could be twins, if not for their age difference.
(c) Kenneth is thinking of joining the army.
(d) Kenneth is struggling with a drug addiction.
4. The Pigman recounts the friendship between two sophomores and their _____________.
(a) Baboon friend.
(b) Beloved parents.
(c) Adult friend.
(d) Supportive teachers.
5. As a freshman, John is known for orchestrating childish pranks and even has the nickname of the ________.
(a) Classroom Prankster.
(b) Freshman Trickster.
(c) Teacher Terrorizer.
(d) Bathroom Bomber.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the zoo, Mr. Pignati introduces Lorraine and John to Bobo, who is a _____.
2. Mr. Pignati serves John and Lorraine scungilli, which John describes as _____.
3. What deal does Lorraine's mother have with a local undertaker?
4. What does Mr. Pignati buy Lorraine and John at the zoo?
5. John and Lorraine's book spans what length of time?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Lorraine describe John?
2. What do John and Lorraine gained through Mr. Pignati's death?
3. How does Mr. Pignati receive John and Lorraine at the hospital?
4. Do you feel Mr. Pignati is correct to trust John and Lorraine with his house keys?
5. Why does John's father stop drinking?
6. What reason does Lorraine give for John wanting to be an actor?
7. Lorraine worries that John drinks too much. Why does John start drinking?
8. How do John and Lorraine discover that Mrs. Pignati passes away?
9. Why do John and Lorraine call Miss Reillen, the librarian, "the Cricket"?
10. Describe Lorraine's and John's first visit with Mr. Pignati.
This section contains 871 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)