|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lorraine think about her mother taking things from patients?
(a) Lorraine sees nothing wrong with it.
(b) It bothers Lorraine.
(c) Lorraine worries her mother ends up in prison.
(d) Lorraine thinks it's hilarious.
2. At the zoo, Mr. Pignati introduces Lorraine and John to Bobo, who is a _____.
3. Lorraine figures that Miss Stewart does what?
(a) Becomes an old maid.
(b) Loses her job.
(c) Gets arrested.
(d) Joins the circus.
4. John's father wants him to get a part-time job where?
(a) Where his wife works.
(b) At the corner drugstore.
(c) At the corner hot dog stand.
(d) Where he works.
5. After finding a number of items belonging to Mrs. Pignati, John realizes that she _____.
(a) Runs away.
(b) Is at a mental institution.
(c) Is dead.
(d) Divorces Mr. Pignati.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Lorraine express compassion for Miss Stewart?
2. Mr. Pignati says that his wife is where?
3. What is one thing that John says he likes about Mr. Pignati?
4. In Chapter Two, Lorraine explains that she and John feel they need to write about what?
5. When Lorraine's mother tells her to skip school the next day to help her clean their house, the teen says what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Can the reader figure out the fate of Mr. Pignati from the first chapter?
2. How does John feel about the way the world treats older people?
3. Explain how John and Lorraine end up having their first kiss.
4. Describe what Lorraine, John, and their friends do at the cemetery.
5. How does John convince Lorraine that it's all right for them to cash the check they collected from Mr. Pignati under false pretenses?
6. How do John and Lorraine treat each other right after Mr. Pignati is taken to the hospital?
7. Describe Norton, the bully.
8. How does getting busted at a wild party become a turning point for Lorraine in her relationship with her mother?
9. What does John feel Lorraine lacks in?
10. Prior to John's and Lorraine's first face to face meeting with Mr. Pignati, is Lorraine eager to meet the man?
This section contains 925 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)