|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During her first phone conversation with Mr. Pignati, Lorraine starts to laugh. What does Mr. Pignati do?
(a) Hangs up.
(b) Asks to speak with her manager.
(c) Asks her to share the joke with him.
(d) Says she has a lovely laugh.
2. Lorraine figures that Miss Stewart does what?
(a) Becomes an old maid.
(b) Loses her job.
(c) Joins the circus.
(d) Gets arrested.
3. How do Lorraine and John find Mr. Pignati?
(a) Through a mutual friend.
(b) John gets his mail in error.
(c) From a phone book.
(d) They spy him at a park.
4. Lorraine is concerned that John ___________.
(a) Doesn't like her.
(b) Drinks and smokes a lot.
(c) Is working too hard.
(d) Plans to run away.
5. Who is Miss Reillen?
(a) Kindergarten teacher.
(c) Food server.
(d) Bag lady.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does John say happens to all the people who work with his father?
2. After their first face to face meeting with Mr. Pignati, why does John feel that he and Lorraine should accompany the man to the zoo?
3. Lorraine explains that John tells lies because of his what?
4. How does Lorraine feel about her own appearance?
5. What does John's father do for a living?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is having a party at Mr. Pignati's house so important to John?
2. How does Mr. Pignati react when Lorraine asks him about an old photo she finds of his wife?
3. What quality above all others does John like about Mr. Pignati?
4. Describe how and when Lorraine and John first meet.
5. What does the reader learn about John's feelings after Mr. Pignati dies?
6. Explain how John and Lorraine end up having their first kiss.
7. During their first phone conversation, why does Lorraine listen to Mr. Pignati's jokes?
8. Do you think Lorraine has a crush on John?
9. What does Mr. Pignati purchase for Lorraine and John at Beekman's?
10. What does Mr. Pignati explain about the charge card John finds in the man's house?
This section contains 925 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)