|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Norton and Dennis want to drink beer with John and Lorraine at the _____.
(b) Bus depot.
(c) Train station.
2. Kenneth is how many years older than John?
3. Why is Lorraine hesitant to meet Mr. Pignati face to face?
(a) She doesn't want him to know who she is.
(b) She doesn't want to keep deceiving the old man.
(c) She's afraid he'll yell at her for her fake charity.
(d) She hears he has a bad reputation.
4. While Lorraine talks to Mr. Pignati by phone, what does John do?
(a) Takes a nap.
(b) Watches TV.
(c) Takes her picture.
(d) Makes her laugh.
5. While his parents criticize him for not being more like his brother Kenneth, John blames his latest prank on _____.
(a) The ghost of his aunt.
(b) The phase of the moon.
(c) Their uptight attitude.
(d) It being Friday the thirteenth.
Short Answer Questions
1. John's father wants him to get a part-time job where?
2. After the zoo trip, John considers Mr. Pignati to be_____.
3. Lorraine feels that John needs to make up interesting stories about his life because he is _______.
4. How do Lorraine and John find Mr. Pignati?
5. While looking around Mr. Pignati's house, John finds a closet full of what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What games do John and Lorraine like to play with Mr. Pignati at his house?
2. Explain how John and Lorraine end up having their first kiss.
3. What do John and Lorraine gained through Mr. Pignati's death?
4. How does John convince Lorraine that it's all right for them to cash the check they collected from Mr. Pignati under false pretenses?
5. While Mr. Pignati is still at the hospital, why does John check to see how much beer and wine are at the man's house?
6. What does Mr. Pignati explain about the charge card John finds in the man's house?
7. How does Lorraine describe John?
8. Is Lorraine's choice of Mr. Pignati's name from the phone book random?
9. Explain what Lorraine says about the book reports she and John write.
10. Why does Lorraine's mother have a habit of asking her the exact same questions over and over again?
This section contains 868 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)