|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Lorraine listen to Mr. Pignati's jokes over the phone?
(a) She can tell he's a lonely old man.
(b) She needs new jokes for a story she's writing.
(c) She's afraid that if she doesn't, he'll tell her mother what she does.
(d) The object of the game is to keep the other person on the line as long as possible.
2. Lorraine feels that John needs to make up interesting stories about his life because he is _______.
(a) A scoundrel.
(b) Mentally ill.
(c) Protecting himself.
3. Kenneth is how many years older than John?
4. Lorraine reads a great deal about ________.
5. After John's mother refuses to give him money for beer, what does he try to do?
(a) Steal money from Norton and Dennis.
(b) Steal money from Mr. Pignati.
(c) Have Lorraine collect money from Mr. Pignati.
(d) Get Mr. Pignati to talk to his mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lorraine notices that John lies to his family but his family ______.
2. The Pigman recounts the friendship between two sophomores and their _____________.
3. Lorraine figures that Miss Stewart does what?
4. What nickname does John give his father?
5. Mr. Pignati serves John and Lorraine scungilli, which John describes as _____.
Short Essay Questions
1. What do John and Lorraine gained through Mr. Pignati's death?
2. Describe John's relationship with authority figures.
3. Why is having a party at Mr. Pignati's house so important to John?
4. Is Lorraine's choice of Mr. Pignati's name from the phone book random?
5. Does John have a crush on Lorraine?
6. What angers Lorraine about the toy department at Beekman's department store?
7. Describe how and when Lorraine and John first meet.
8. Even though he dies, Mr. Pignati's last few months are transformed by John and Lorraine. How does Mr. Pignati benefit from his friendship with these two teenagers?
9. How do John and Lorraine discover that Mrs. Pignati passes away?
10. Prior to John's and Lorraine's first face to face meeting with Mr. Pignati, is Lorraine eager to meet the man?
This section contains 900 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)