|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mr. Pignati serves John and Lorraine scungilli, which John describes as _____.
(a) Caviar and cream cheese.
(b) Olive sandwiches.
(c) Bread slices in marinara sauce.
(d) Snails and tomato sauce.
2. What does Lorraine not allow John to write in their book?
(a) Swear words.
(b) Actual names.
3. John reveals that he wants to be what?
4. What does Mr. Pignati offer John and Lorraine, who are posing as charity workers, after he invites them into his house?
(a) Glass of wine.
(b) Green olives.
(c) Can of soda.
(d) Ham sandwiches.
5. Mr. Pignati's home is _____.
(a) Old and rundown.
(b) Painted brightly.
(c) Behind an iron gate.
(d) Large and inviting.
Short Answer Questions
1. After their first face to face meeting with Mr. Pignati, why does John feel that he and Lorraine should accompany the man to the zoo?
2. Who is Miss Reillen?
3. When does Lorraine meet John?
4. Now that he's a sophomore, what does John say about his freshman pranks?
5. While looking around Mr. Pignati's house, John finds a closet full of what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mr. Pignati explain about the charge card John finds in the man's house?
2. Lorraine worries that John drinks too much. Why does John start drinking?
3. What does the reader learn about John's feelings after Mr. Pignati dies?
4. Why does John feel that everything he does at home is wrong?
5. Why does Lorraine's mother ask her to skip school one day?
6. Describe Lorraine's and John's first visit with Mr. Pignati.
7. What brings about Mr. Pignati's death?
8. Describe telephone marathon, the game John and Lorraine play with a couple of their friends.
9. How does John convince Lorraine that it's all right for them to cash the check they collected from Mr. Pignati under false pretenses?
10. What do Lorraine and a friend, Helen, do at the party at Mr. Pignati's house?
This section contains 905 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)