|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lorraine reads a great deal about ________.
2. Which part of the Mammal Building do John and Mr. Pignati really enjoy?
(a) Nocturnal room.
(b) Snack bar.
(c) Petting zoo.
(d) Large cats area.
3. When Lorraine's mother tells her to skip school the next day to help her clean their house, the teen says what?
(a) She hates housecleaning.
(b) She has a test in Latin.
(c) She has an archaeology report due.
(d) She's giving a class presentation.
4. While looking around Mr. Pignati's house, John finds a closet full of what?
(a) His wife's clothes.
(b) Pig knick knacks.
(c) Old pictures and letters.
(d) Romance novels.
5. Lorraine states that Mr. Pignati lives on Howard Avenue, just a few blocks from ______.
(a) Her home.
(b) Her school.
(c) John's workplace.
(d) John's home.
Short Answer Questions
1. Norton and Dennis want to drink beer with John and Lorraine at the _____.
2. Friends John and Lorraine attend what high school?
3. What does Lorraine say is the big difference between her and John?
4. Why does Lorraine listen to Mr. Pignati's jokes over the phone?
5. Mr. Pignati says that Bobo is ______.
Short Essay Questions
1. Does John have any interest in the part-time job his parents are trying to get for him?
2. What quality above all others does John like about Mr. Pignati?
3. What reason does Lorraine give for undertaking the writing project she's working on with John?
4. Describe how and when Lorraine and John first meet.
5. How does Lorraine describe John?
6. What does Mr. Pignati explain about the charge card John finds in the man's house?
7. What does John dislike about Miss King, one of his teachers?
8. Why does John's father stop drinking?
9. What games do John and Lorraine like to play with Mr. Pignati at his house?
10. How does John feel about the way the world treats older people?
This section contains 756 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)