|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Miss King is one of John's what?
2. In the first chapter of The Pigman, John explains that he and Lorraine are writing a book on a typewriter where?
(a) School library.
(d) Neighborhood park.
3. Lorraine feels that John needs to make up interesting stories about his life because he is _______.
(a) Mentally ill.
(c) Protecting himself.
(d) A scoundrel.
4. What is one thing that John says he likes about Mr. Pignati?
(a) He doesn't try to be something he isn't.
(b) He teaches John how to make pancakes.
(c) He is very patient with children.
(d) He can juggle five objects at a time.
5. John feels that the only things Lorraine lacks in are what?
(a) Confidence and self-esteem.
(b) Passion and drive.
(c) Persistence and creativity.
(d) Assertiveness and courage.
Short Answer Questions
1. While looking around Mr. Pignati's house, John finds a closet full of what?
2. While his parents criticize him for not being more like his brother Kenneth, John blames his latest prank on _____.
3. When Lorraine asks about an old photograph of Mrs. Pignati, what does Mr. Pignati do?
4. Why is Lorraine hesitant to meet Mr. Pignati face to face?
5. What happens to Lorraine's father?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe John's relationship with authority figures.
2. How does Lorraine feel about Mr. Pignati when the police take her and John to their homes after the party breaks up?
3. Do you feel Mr. Pignati is correct to trust John and Lorraine with his house keys?
4. While Mr. Pignati is still at the hospital, why does John check to see how much beer and wine are at the man's house?
5. Do you think Lorraine has a crush on John?
6. Explain what Lorraine says about the book reports she and John write.
7. Describe Lorraine's relationship with her mother.
8. How does Mr. Pignati receive John and Lorraine at the hospital?
9. During their first phone conversation, why does Lorraine listen to Mr. Pignati's jokes?
10. Describe John's impression of Mr. Pignati upon meeting the man for the first time.
This section contains 922 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)