|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lorraine states that Mr. Pignati lives on Howard Avenue, just a few blocks from ______.
(a) Her school.
(b) John's workplace.
(c) John's home.
(d) Her home.
2. Mr. Pignati serves John and Lorraine scungilli, which John describes as _____.
(a) Caviar and cream cheese.
(b) Snails and tomato sauce.
(c) Bread slices in marinara sauce.
(d) Olive sandwiches.
3. When Lorraine tells John about the bad omens at the zoo, what does he do?
(a) Starts to panic.
(b) Dismisses them.
(c) Laughs uncontrollably.
(d) Stares off into space.
4. Mr. Pignati says that his wife is where?
(b) New Mexico.
5. At the zoo, Lorraine observes a series of bad omens including an attack by a _____.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Lorraine's father?
2. When he is in ninth grade, John likes to harass substitute teachers by rolling what across the floor?
3. Lorraine explains that John gets away with so much because ________.
4. What does Lorraine not allow John to write in their book?
5. Lorraine is concerned that John ___________.
Short Essay Questions
1. Prior to John's and Lorraine's first face to face meeting with Mr. Pignati, is Lorraine eager to meet the man?
2. Describe John's relationship with authority figures.
3. Why does Lorraine's mother have a habit of asking her the exact same questions over and over again?
4. Why does John's father stop drinking?
5. How does John feel about the way the world treats older people?
6. Can the reader figure out the fate of Mr. Pignati from the first chapter?
7. Which son does John's father favor, him or his brother?
8. Does John have any interest in the part-time job his parents are trying to get for him?
9. Describe what Lorraine, John, and their friends do at the cemetery.
10. Describe Lorraine's interest in psychology.
This section contains 734 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)