|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lorraine talks about an entire book report John writes based on just ______.
(a) One page of the book.
(b) What he hears about the book.
(c) The title.
(d) The back cover.
2. After finding a number of items belonging to Mrs. Pignati, John realizes that she _____.
(a) Runs away.
(b) Is dead.
(c) Divorces Mr. Pignati.
(d) Is at a mental institution.
3. What is one thing that John says he likes about Mr. Pignati?
(a) He teaches John how to make pancakes.
(b) He can juggle five objects at a time.
(c) He doesn't try to be something he isn't.
(d) He is very patient with children.
4. What nickname does John give his father?
(b) Money king.
(d) Old man.
5. Why is John angry at Lorraine's mother?
(a) She distorts facts regarding Lorraine's appearance.
(b) She constantly mocks him.
(c) She accuses Lorraine of lying and stealing.
(d) She refuses to talk to him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does John say happens to all the people who work with his father?
2. After the zoo trip, John considers Mr. Pignati to be_____.
3. Mr. Pignati says that Bobo is ______.
4. After their first face to face meeting with Mr. Pignati, why does John feel that he and Lorraine should accompany the man to the zoo?
5. Lorraine explains that John tells lies because of his what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Lorraine's mother ask her to skip school one day?
2. How does Lorraine feel about Mr. Pignati when the police take her and John to their homes after the party breaks up?
3. How do John and Lorraine discover that Mrs. Pignati passes away?
4. What does Mr. Pignati explain about the charge card John finds in the man's house?
5. Why is having a party at Mr. Pignati's house so important to John?
6. What does Mr. Pignati purchase for Lorraine and John at Beekman's?
7. After the wild party at Mr. Pignati's house, how do John and Lorraine try to make their amends to their elderly friend?
8. What happens to Mr. Pignati as he chases after John up the stairs on roller skates during a game of tag?
9. What games do John and Lorraine like to play with Mr. Pignati at his house?
10. Mr. Pignati spends a week recovering at the hospital. By the end of that week, how are Lorraine and John treating each other?
This section contains 897 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)