|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter Three, John gives the impression that he and Lorraine:
(a) Are practically confessing to killing Mr. Pignati.
(b) Feel that if they never met Mr. Pignati, he would still be alive.
(c) Have absolutely nothing to do with Mr. Pignati's disappearance.
(d) Feel somewhat responsible for Mr. Pignati's death, but also feel it is inevitable.
2. Lorraine explains that John gets away with so much because ________.
(a) He's handsome.
(b) His parents spoil him.
(c) He lies well.
(d) Teachers don't care.
3. John's father wants him to get a part-time job where?
(a) At the corner drugstore.
(b) Where he works.
(c) Where his wife works.
(d) At the corner hot dog stand.
4. How does Lorraine feel about her own appearance?
(a) Appearances don't matter, so she doesn't care about how she looks.
(b) Her sincere eyes are her best feature.
(c) She's not beautiful, but she's attractive enough.
(d) She's not the prettiest girl around.
5. After finding a number of items belonging to Mrs. Pignati, John realizes that she _____.
(a) Is dead.
(b) Is at a mental institution.
(c) Divorces Mr. Pignati.
(d) Runs away.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Pignati buy Lorraine and John at the zoo?
2. What does Lorraine say about John's hostility?
3. Why does Lorraine stop by the home of her teacher, Miss Stewart?
4. The Pigman recounts the friendship between two sophomores and their _____________.
5. What does Lorraine see in the middle of Miss Stewart's living room?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Lorraine's mother have a habit of asking her the exact same questions over and over again?
2. Is Lorraine's choice of Mr. Pignati's name from the phone book random?
3. Can the reader figure out the fate of Mr. Pignati from the first chapter?
4. What does John dislike about Miss King, one of his teachers?
5. Even though he dies, Mr. Pignati's last few months are transformed by John and Lorraine. How does Mr. Pignati benefit from his friendship with these two teenagers?
6. How does Lorraine feel about Mr. Pignati when the police take her and John to their homes after the party breaks up?
7. What does Mr. Pignati purchase for Lorraine and John at Beekman's?
8. What does the reader learn about John's feelings after Mr. Pignati dies?
9. Why does John feel that everything he does at home is wrong?
10. What does Mr. Pignati explain about the charge card John finds in the man's house?
This section contains 911 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)