|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After playing the complicated story game with Mr. Pignati, John and Lorraine get the same answer as their first item, which is_____.
2. In the silence that follows Mr. Pignati telling the teens that his wife is dead, what does Lorraine offer John?
(a) A cigarette.
(c) Kind words.
(d) A hug.
3. Does John genuinely believe that Mr. Pignati wants them to have a party?
(c) He's not quite sure.
(d) He doesn't care what Mr. Pignati wants.
4. As John explores the house, while Mr. Pignati is at the hospital, Lorraine asks what he's doing. What does he reply?
(a) He's wondering how Mr. Pignati can afford such a nice place.
(b) He wants to invite some friends over.
(c) He wants to see what they can get Mr. Pignati that he doesn't already have.
(d) He wonders who all the people in the photos are.
5. The complicated game that John and Lorraine play with Mr. Pignati turns out to be a psychological one, with their answers equating to what?
(a) Each player's truest wish.
(b) Whatever is on each player's mind at the moment.
(c) That which each player finds most important in his or her life.
(d) The one thing the player fears most.
6. What happens to Mr. Pignati once he learns that Bobo dies of pneumonia?
(a) He chokes on a peanut and loses consciousness.
(b) He is struck by grief and dies.
(c) He tells the kids he never wants to see them again.
(d) He walks away in stunned silence.
7. After John and Lorraine go back to Mr. Pignati's house, while he remains in the hospital, what does Lorraine do?
(a) Throws away the skates.
(b) Sobs uncontrollably.
(c) Draws a picture.
(d) Cooks dinner.
8. When Mr. Pignati is at the hospital, what does Lorraine confess to John?
(a) She pushs Mr. Pignati.
(b) Her mom hates John.
(c) She loves John.
(d) Her mom knows about their visits to Mr. Pignati.
9. What do Lorraine and Helen do at the party?
(a) Try on Conchetta's dresses.
(b) Hide Mr. Pignati's pig collection.
(c) Play a quiet card game in the corner.
(d) Accidentally break a chair.
10. Lorraine sees a crazy woman talking to herself and hears her saying that _____.
(a) Death is coming.
(b) Zombies are after her.
(c) The flood is imminent.
(d) Aliens are here.
11. When John and Lorraine meet Mr. Pignati at the Staten Island ferry, they encounter what?
(a) Drunks and bums.
(b) Actors and models.
(c) Lorraine's mother.
(d) The school principal.
12. Mr. Pignati's situation reminds Lorraine of _____.
(a) Her father leaving her mother.
(b) A story she writes about love and betrayal.
(c) A landlady who couldn't accept her husband's death.
(d) Her own broken heart.
13. John says that Norton's mother allows him to play with what when he is little?
(b) Toy soldiers.
(c) Teddy bears.
14. After John and Lorraine make their confession to Mr. Pignati, how does he react?
(a) He cries and asks if they enjoy being cruel.
(b) He ignores their words and cheerfully talks about Bobo.
(c) He laughs and tells them to not worry about it.
(d) He looks sad and talks about Conchetta.
15. When John and Lorraine call Mr. Pignati to apologize, what do they offer?
(a) To help clean his house.
(b) To buy him a new pair of skates.
(c) To take him out to dinner.
(d) To pay for all the damages.
Short Answer Questions
1. In good spirits after seeing Mr. Pignati doing better at the hospital, Lorraine and John are back at his place playing:
2. What do John and Lorraine do for music at the party?
3. As she tries to sleep, after being brought home from the party and having a conversation with her mother, Lorraine can't help thinking about what?
4. After visiting Mr. Pignati at the hospital, John goes back to the old man's place, tries on his clothes, and pretends to be a what?
5. What does Lorraine conclude is the strongest thing in the world?
This section contains 679 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)