|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After John and Lorraine make their confession to Mr. Pignati, how does he react?
(a) He ignores their words and cheerfully talks about Bobo.
(b) He cries and asks if they enjoy being cruel.
(c) He looks sad and talks about Conchetta.
(d) He laughs and tells them to not worry about it.
2. Who shows up to John's and Lorraine's party in a taxi cab?
(a) John's mother.
(b) Mr. Pignati.
(c) Mrs. Pignati.
(d) Lorraine's mother.
3. After coming and going from Mr. Pignati's house, while he's at the hospital, Lorraine and John begin to what?
(a) Write a letter to Mr. Pignati.
(b) Wonder if Mr. Pignati's ever coming home.
(c) Steal the old man's pigs.
(d) Get on each other's nerves.
4. Following the party, what is Lorraine still wearing after arriving at her own home?
(a) A red party hat.
(b) A toga.
(c) Mrs. Pignati's ruffled dress.
(d) John's sweater.
5. Why does Lorraine's mother keep asking her to explain where the stockings come from?
(a) She secretly worries they come from a boy.
(b) To see if she can catch Lorraine in a lie.
(c) She always has a habit of repeating herself.
(d) Because she's very forgetful.
6. When Mr. Pignati is at the hospital, what does Lorraine confess to John?
(a) She pushs Mr. Pignati.
(b) She loves John.
(c) Her mom hates John.
(d) Her mom knows about their visits to Mr. Pignati.
7. Mr. Pignati tells John and Lorraine that his wife enjoys shopping for what at Beekman's department store?
(a) Fancy dresses.
(b) Fancy food.
(c) Imported cookware.
(d) Imported wine.
8. Lorraine treasures a picture she has of _____.
(a) Her mother and father when they are young.
(b) The grandparents she never has the chance to meet.
(c) Her best friend from her previous school.
(d) John when she first meets him.
9. What do John, Lorraine, and Mr. Pignati ride to the monkey house?
(a) Taxi cab.
(b) City bus.
(c) Zoo train.
10. What happens after John calls the police from Mr. Pignati's house?
(a) Lorraine's mother arrives at the scene.
(b) The robbers flee.
(c) An ambulance takes Mr. Pignati to the hospital.
(d) Mr. Pignati regains consciousness.
11. What happens to Mr. Pignati once he learns that Bobo dies of pneumonia?
(a) He is struck by grief and dies.
(b) He chokes on a peanut and loses consciousness.
(c) He walks away in stunned silence.
(d) He tells the kids he never wants to see them again.
12. The Pigman differs from John's parents in that he _____.
(a) Encourages John to ask Lorraine out.
(b) Helps John with homework.
(c) Allows John to be himself.
(d) Gives John structure and discipline.
13. When John and Lorraine meet Mr. Pignati at the Staten Island ferry, they encounter what?
(a) Drunks and bums.
(b) Actors and models.
(c) Lorraine's mother.
(d) The school principal.
14. As John explores the house, while Mr. Pignati is at the hospital, Lorraine asks what he's doing. What does he reply?
(a) He wants to see what they can get Mr. Pignati that he doesn't already have.
(b) He wonders who all the people in the photos are.
(c) He wants to invite some friends over.
(d) He's wondering how Mr. Pignati can afford such a nice place.
15. After the tension is broken following Mr. Pignati telling the teens that his wife passes away, what does Mr. Pignati start to do?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mrs. Pignati's first name?
2. While Mr. Pignati is recovering at the hospital, Lorraine chides John for _____.
3. While Mr. Pignati is recovering at the hospital, what do John and Lorraine do?
4. What does Lorraine's mother do when the teen is brought home after the party?
5. The day after the party, what does John tell Lorraine that his parents think?
This section contains 648 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)