|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lorraine think about John's idea for a party at Mr. Pignati's house?
(a) She's distracted by the phone ringing.
(b) She's indifferent.
(c) It's wonderful.
(d) It's crazy.
2. With Mr. Pignati in the hospital almost a week, how do John and Lorraine start to behave?
(a) Like an old married couple.
(b) Bored and restless.
(c) Like a couple of kindergartners.
(d) As if they're guilty of something.
3. After seeing John try on some of Mr. Pignati's clothes, what does Lorraine do?
(a) Takes a picture of him.
(b) Makes fun of him.
(c) Tries on Mrs. Pignati's clothes.
(d) Yells at him.
4. After John and Lorraine make their confession to Mr. Pignati, how does he react?
(a) He looks sad and talks about Conchetta.
(b) He cries and asks if they enjoy being cruel.
(c) He laughs and tells them to not worry about it.
(d) He ignores their words and cheerfully talks about Bobo.
5. What does Mr. Pignati buy at the department store for both Lorraine and John?
(a) Roller skates.
(b) Gingerbread cookies.
(c) Chocolate truffles.
(d) Beach balls.
6. What does John tell Lorraine about the party he's planning at Mr. Pignati's house?
(a) It's their only chance for a party away from their parents.
(b) The Pigman tells him to throw a party.
(c) The Pigman wants them to have fun.
(d) A party cheers everyone up.
7. What happens after John calls the police from Mr. Pignati's house?
(a) The robbers flee.
(b) Lorraine's mother arrives at the scene.
(c) Mr. Pignati regains consciousness.
(d) An ambulance takes Mr. Pignati to the hospital.
8. When John realizes he's been eating chocolate covered ants, what does he do?
(a) Offers some to Lorraine.
(b) Runs to the bathroom.
(c) Spits them out the balcony.
(d) Eats more because he wants to look tough.
9. When Mr. Pignati offers to buy John and Lorraine something at the department store, what does John pick?
(a) A case of beer.
(b) Chocolate covered ants.
(c) A pack of cigarettes.
(d) Canned lobster.
10. Does John genuinely believe that Mr. Pignati wants them to have a party?
(b) He's not quite sure.
(c) He doesn't care what Mr. Pignati wants.
11. John says that Norton's mother allows him to play with what when he is little?
(a) Toy soldiers.
(b) Teddy bears.
12. When John and Lorraine give Mr. Pignati his house keys at the hospital, he does what?
(a) Stares at them blankly and refuses to take the keys.
(b) Sadly tells them that he no longer needs his keys.
(c) Takes the keys and throws them out the window.
(d) Tells them to keep the keys in case they want to watch television at his place.
13. Which person does John specifically NOT invite to the party?
14. With Mr. Pignati at the hospital and John and Lorraine having dinner at Mr. Pignati's house, the pair drinks a toast to _____.
(a) Their parents.
(b) Young love.
(c) The Pigman.
15. After being brought home from the party, and eventually joining her mother in the kitchen, what does Lorraine talk about?
(a) Her love for John.
(b) How she misses her father.
(c) Wanting her mother to love her.
(d) Her friendship with Mr. Pignati.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does John not invite a particular person to the party?
2. After his father stops drinking, how does John feel around the house?
3. Mr. Pignati tells John and Lorraine that his wife enjoys shopping for what at Beekman's department store?
4. Why does John's father have to quit drinking?
5. Following the party, what is Lorraine still wearing after arriving at her own home?
This section contains 640 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)