|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Are John and Lorraine allowed to have parties in their own homes?
(b) Only Lorraine is allowed.
(c) Only John is allowed.
2. Right before Mr. Pignati comes home from the hospital, what do Lorraine and John decide to do?
(a) Bake him oatmeal cookies.
(b) Re-arrange his pigs.
(c) Make a "welcome home" poster.
(d) Clean his house.
3. Mr. Pignati tells John and Lorraine that his wife enjoys shopping for what at Beekman's department store?
(a) Imported wine.
(b) Fancy dresses.
(c) Imported cookware.
(d) Fancy food.
4. John tells Lorraine that he knows what happens to Mrs. Pignati because he finds:
(a) A goodbye letter from Mrs. Pignati.
(b) Her funeral bill.
(c) A notice from a psychiatric hospital.
(d) A sad letter written by Mr. Pignati.
5. Norton gains notoriety when he gets caught stealing what?
(a) A bag of marshmallows.
(b) The teacher's purse.
(c) Tissue boxes.
(d) Blue crayons.
6. What does John do when Norton asks about Mr. Pignati?
(a) Becomes protective of the old man.
(b) Tells Norton to get lost.
(c) Punches Norton in the mouth.
(d) Brags about taking things from the old man.
7. What game are Mr. Pignati, John, and Lorraine playing as they roller skate inside Mr. Pignati's house?
(b) Simon says.
(c) Truth or dare.
(d) Space invaders.
8. The Pigman differs from John's parents in that he _____.
(a) Encourages John to ask Lorraine out.
(b) Helps John with homework.
(c) Gives John structure and discipline.
(d) Allows John to be himself.
9. What do John, Lorraine, and Mr. Pignati ride to the monkey house?
(a) Zoo train.
(c) Taxi cab.
(d) City bus.
10. After John and Lorraine go back to Mr. Pignati's house, while he remains in the hospital, what does Lorraine do?
(a) Draws a picture.
(b) Sobs uncontrollably.
(c) Cooks dinner.
(d) Throws away the skates.
11. After his father stops drinking, how does John feel around the house?
(a) That things are finally peaceful.
(b) As though everything he does is wrong.
12. When John is about ten years old, his father gets a kick watching him go around the house doing what?
(a) Emptying beer glasses.
(b) Pretending to be in a marching band.
(c) Offering guests wine refills.
(d) Singing at the top of his lungs.
13. After visiting Mr. Pignati at the hospital, John goes back to the old man's place, tries on his clothes, and pretends to be a what?
(a) Police officer.
(b) Famous explorer.
(c) Very old man.
(d) Distinguished businessman.
14. As John explores the house, while Mr. Pignati is at the hospital, Lorraine asks what he's doing. What does he reply?
(a) He wants to see what they can get Mr. Pignati that he doesn't already have.
(b) He wonders who all the people in the photos are.
(c) He's wondering how Mr. Pignati can afford such a nice place.
(d) He wants to invite some friends over.
15. When John and Lorraine give Mr. Pignati his house keys at the hospital, he does what?
(a) Sadly tells them that he no longer needs his keys.
(b) Tells them to keep the keys in case they want to watch television at his place.
(c) Stares at them blankly and refuses to take the keys.
(d) Takes the keys and throws them out the window.
Short Answer Questions
1. When John and Lorraine meet Mr. Pignati at the Staten Island ferry, they encounter what?
2. John and Lorraine conclude that Mr. Pignati is happy when _____.
3. The complicated game that John and Lorraine play with Mr. Pignati turns out to be a psychological one, with their answers equating to what?
4. What happens when John climbs up the stairs in roller skates and Mr. Pignati attempts to follow?
5. When John and Lorraine are alone in Mr. Pignati's place, what does John ask for?
This section contains 674 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)