|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lorraine's mother do when the teen is brought home after the party?
(a) Calls her ex-husband.
(b) Slaps her.
(c) Hugs her.
2. What game are Mr. Pignati, John, and Lorraine playing as they roller skate inside Mr. Pignati's house?
(a) Space invaders.
(c) Simon says.
(d) Truth or dare.
3. Following Lorraine's heart to heart talk with her mother in the kitchen, the teen feels that_____.
(a) Her mother is starting to understand her a little.
(b) Her mother never understands her.
(c) John is a terrible influence on her.
(d) She needs to get a job and leave home.
4. After being brought home from the party, and eventually joining her mother in the kitchen, what does Lorraine talk about?
(a) Her love for John.
(b) How she misses her father.
(c) Wanting her mother to love her.
(d) Her friendship with Mr. Pignati.
5. When Mr. Pignati is at the hospital, what does Lorraine confess to John?
(a) She pushs Mr. Pignati.
(b) She loves John.
(c) Her mom hates John.
(d) Her mom knows about their visits to Mr. Pignati.
6. After John and Lorraine make their confession to Mr. Pignati, how does he react?
(a) He cries and asks if they enjoy being cruel.
(b) He ignores their words and cheerfully talks about Bobo.
(c) He laughs and tells them to not worry about it.
(d) He looks sad and talks about Conchetta.
7. What do John and Lorraine have plenty of at their party?
(a) Party games.
8. After the tension is broken following Mr. Pignati telling the teens that his wife passes away, what does Mr. Pignati start to do?
9. What is Norton well known for?
(a) Getting beat up.
(b) Repeating sixth grade.
10. Does John genuinely believe that Mr. Pignati wants them to have a party?
(b) He doesn't care what Mr. Pignati wants.
(c) He's not quite sure.
11. As John explores the house, while Mr. Pignati is at the hospital, Lorraine asks what he's doing. What does he reply?
(a) He's wondering how Mr. Pignati can afford such a nice place.
(b) He wonders who all the people in the photos are.
(c) He wants to see what they can get Mr. Pignati that he doesn't already have.
(d) He wants to invite some friends over.
12. En route to Beekman's Department Store with John and Mr. Pignati, Lorraine sees what?
(a) A shooting star.
(b) More omens.
(c) A band of hippies.
(d) A parade.
13. Why does John's father have to quit drinking?
(a) John's mother threatens to leave him.
(b) He is involved in a drunk driving accident.
(c) He is diagnosed with sclerosis of the liver.
(d) He develops a brain tumor.
14. Mr. Pignati's situation reminds Lorraine of _____.
(a) A landlady who couldn't accept her husband's death.
(b) Her own broken heart.
(c) A story she writes about love and betrayal.
(d) Her father leaving her mother.
15. When Lorraine and John visit Mr. Pignati at the hospital, what does he ask of them?
(a) To throw away his pair of roller skates.
(b) That they remember to be respectful to their parents.
(c) That they study hard and keep their grades up.
(d) To stop by the zoo and see Bobo.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Lorraine and John discover what happens to Mrs. Pignati, how do Mr. Pignati's jokes make Lorraine feel?
2. What do John and Lorraine do for music at the party?
3. John comes to realize that he greatly values his friendship with who?
4. As a result of what Norton plays with when he is little, according to John, Norton becomes what?
5. Why is Norton upset when he arrives at the party?
This section contains 621 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)