|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lorraine pass around at the party?
(a) A card for everyone to sign.
(b) Slices of anchovy pizza.
(c) Chocolate covered ants.
2. Which person does John specifically NOT invite to the party?
3. When John is about ten years old, his father gets a kick watching him go around the house doing what?
(a) Offering guests wine refills.
(b) Singing at the top of his lungs.
(c) Emptying beer glasses.
(d) Pretending to be in a marching band.
4. With Mr. Pignati in the hospital almost a week, how do John and Lorraine start to behave?
(a) Bored and restless.
(b) As if they're guilty of something.
(c) Like a couple of kindergartners.
(d) Like an old married couple.
5. When Lorraine inquires about Mr. Pignati after the party is over, what is she told?
(a) He's laughing hysterically.
(b) He falls asleep.
(c) He's crying.
(d) He's eating a bowl of cereal.
6. Why is Norton upset when he arrives at the party?
(a) He isn't invited.
(b) His girlfriend breaks up with him.
(c) He likes Lorraine but she doesn't like him.
(d) He's grounded.
7. When John and Lorraine give Mr. Pignati his house keys at the hospital, he does what?
(a) Stares at them blankly and refuses to take the keys.
(b) Tells them to keep the keys in case they want to watch television at his place.
(c) Takes the keys and throws them out the window.
(d) Sadly tells them that he no longer needs his keys.
8. When Lorraine and John visit Mr. Pignati at the hospital, what does he ask of them?
(a) To throw away his pair of roller skates.
(b) That they study hard and keep their grades up.
(c) That they remember to be respectful to their parents.
(d) To stop by the zoo and see Bobo.
9. What happens after John calls the police from Mr. Pignati's house?
(a) An ambulance takes Mr. Pignati to the hospital.
(b) Lorraine's mother arrives at the scene.
(c) The robbers flee.
(d) Mr. Pignati regains consciousness.
10. Does John genuinely believe that Mr. Pignati wants them to have a party?
(c) He doesn't care what Mr. Pignati wants.
(d) He's not quite sure.
11. After playing the complicated story game with Mr. Pignati, John and Lorraine get the same answer as their first item, which is_____.
12. What does Lorraine's mother do when the teen is brought home after the party?
(a) Calls her ex-husband.
(c) Hugs her.
(d) Slaps her.
13. What do John, Lorraine, and Mr. Pignati ride to the monkey house?
(b) Taxi cab.
(c) City bus.
(d) Zoo train.
14. John tells Lorraine that he knows what happens to Mrs. Pignati because he finds:
(a) A notice from a psychiatric hospital.
(b) A sad letter written by Mr. Pignati.
(c) Her funeral bill.
(d) A goodbye letter from Mrs. Pignati.
15. As John explores the house, while Mr. Pignati is at the hospital, Lorraine asks what he's doing. What does he reply?
(a) He wonders who all the people in the photos are.
(b) He wants to invite some friends over.
(c) He's wondering how Mr. Pignati can afford such a nice place.
(d) He wants to see what they can get Mr. Pignati that he doesn't already have.
Short Answer Questions
1. After John and Lorraine apologize to Mr. Pignati, where does the man agree to meet them?
2. After the tension is broken following Mr. Pignati telling the teens that his wife passes away, what does Mr. Pignati start to do?
3. As she tries to sleep, after being brought home from the party and having a conversation with her mother, Lorraine can't help thinking about what?
4. What clues indicate that John has a crush on Lorraine?
5. After John and Lorraine go back to Mr. Pignati's house, while he remains in the hospital, what does Lorraine do?
This section contains 672 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)