|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. En route to Beekman's Department Store with John and Mr. Pignati, Lorraine sees what?
(a) A shooting star.
(b) More omens.
(c) A band of hippies.
(d) A parade.
2. What do John and Lorraine have plenty of at their party?
(b) Party games.
3. Why does John not invite a particular person to the party?
(a) Lorraine doesn't like her.
(b) He knows this person tells his parents.
(c) John doesn't trust him.
(d) He used to date her.
4. John says that Norton's mother allows him to play with what when he is little?
(a) Toy soldiers.
(d) Teddy bears.
5. What is Mrs. Pignati's first name?
6. When John and Lorraine are alone in Mr. Pignati's place, what does John ask for?
(a) An explanation.
(b) A kiss.
(c) An answer.
(d) A date.
7. What is Norton well known for?
(a) Repeating sixth grade.
(c) Getting beat up.
8. When John and Lorraine give Mr. Pignati his house keys at the hospital, he does what?
(a) Stares at them blankly and refuses to take the keys.
(b) Sadly tells them that he no longer needs his keys.
(c) Takes the keys and throws them out the window.
(d) Tells them to keep the keys in case they want to watch television at his place.
9. With Mr. Pignati in the hospital almost a week, how do John and Lorraine start to behave?
(a) Like an old married couple.
(b) Like a couple of kindergartners.
(c) As if they're guilty of something.
(d) Bored and restless.
10. What happens when John climbs up the stairs in roller skates and Mr. Pignati attempts to follow?
(a) There's a knock at the door.
(b) Mr. Pignati grabs his chest and falls.
(c) The phone rings.
(d) John falls down onto Mr. Pignati.
11. After John and Lorraine apologize to Mr. Pignati, where does the man agree to meet them?
(c) Train station.
(d) Department store.
12. What clues indicate that John has a crush on Lorraine?
(a) He becomes very protective of her around their friends.
(b) He blushes around her.
(c) He acts like a gentleman towards her.
(d) He combs his hair and wears aftershave.
13. After being brought home from the party, and eventually joining her mother in the kitchen, what does Lorraine talk about?
(a) Her friendship with Mr. Pignati.
(b) Wanting her mother to love her.
(c) Her love for John.
(d) How she misses her father.
14. After visiting Mr. Pignati at the hospital, John goes back to the old man's place, tries on his clothes, and pretends to be a what?
(a) Very old man.
(b) Police officer.
(c) Distinguished businessman.
(d) Famous explorer.
15. What game are Mr. Pignati, John, and Lorraine playing as they roller skate inside Mr. Pignati's house?
(a) Space invaders.
(b) Truth or dare.
(c) Simon says.
Short Answer Questions
1. John comes to realize that he greatly values his friendship with who?
2. After his father stops drinking, how does John feel around the house?
3. Mr. Pignati tells John and Lorraine that his wife enjoys shopping for what at Beekman's department store?
4. While Mr. Pignati is recovering at the hospital, what do John and Lorraine do?
5. Following Lorraine's heart to heart talk with her mother in the kitchen, the teen feels that_____.
This section contains 576 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)