|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which person does John specifically NOT invite to the party?
2. Following Lorraine's heart to heart talk with her mother in the kitchen, the teen feels that_____.
(a) Her mother is starting to understand her a little.
(b) Her mother never understands her.
(c) John is a terrible influence on her.
(d) She needs to get a job and leave home.
3. What does Lorraine think about John's idea for a party at Mr. Pignati's house?
(a) She's indifferent.
(b) She's distracted by the phone ringing.
(c) It's crazy.
(d) It's wonderful.
4. After John and Lorraine go back to Mr. Pignati's house, while he remains in the hospital, what does Lorraine do?
(a) Cooks dinner.
(b) Throws away the skates.
(c) Sobs uncontrollably.
(d) Draws a picture.
5. Who shows up to John's and Lorraine's party in a taxi cab?
(a) Mr. Pignati.
(b) Lorraine's mother.
(c) Mrs. Pignati.
(d) John's mother.
6. As she tries to sleep, after being brought home from the party and having a conversation with her mother, Lorraine can't help thinking about what?
(a) The mess made at Mr. Pignati's house.
(b) Her kiss with John.
(c) What she finds in Mr. Pignati's attic.
(d) Her conversation with her mother.
7. Mr. Pignati tells John and Lorraine that his wife enjoys shopping for what at Beekman's department store?
(a) Imported wine.
(b) Fancy food.
(c) Imported cookware.
(d) Fancy dresses.
8. In good spirits after seeing Mr. Pignati doing better at the hospital, Lorraine and John are back at his place playing:
(b) Soft music.
(c) A pretend, acting game.
(d) Loud rock.
9. When Mr. Pignati offers to buy John and Lorraine something at the department store, what does John pick?
(a) A case of beer.
(b) Canned lobster.
(c) Chocolate covered ants.
(d) A pack of cigarettes.
10. What does John find Norton doing at the party?
(a) Trying to steal Mr. Pignati's valuables.
(b) Kissing Lorraine.
(c) Throwing Mr. Pignati's clothes out the window.
(d) Beating up Dennis.
11. Why does Lorraine justify the fact that her mother picks on her?
(a) Her mother has a hard life.
(b) She gives her mother grief.
(c) Her mother is abandoned by four husbands.
(d) She sees herself as an overly needy teen.
12. Who shows up to John's and Lorraine's party?
(a) Mr. Pignati's friends.
(b) Lorraine's teacher.
(c) John's brother.
(d) Several of their friends.
13. John says that Norton's mother allows him to play with what when he is little?
(b) Toy soldiers.
(c) Teddy bears.
14. When John and Lorraine are alone in Mr. Pignati's place, what does John ask for?
(a) An answer.
(b) A date.
(c) A kiss.
(d) An explanation.
15. In the silence that follows Mr. Pignati telling the teens that his wife is dead, what does Lorraine offer John?
(a) A cigarette.
(b) A hug.
(c) Kind words.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do John and Lorraine tell the police that they are Mr. Pignati's children?
2. After John and Lorraine apologize to Mr. Pignati, where does the man agree to meet them?
3. Are John and Lorraine allowed to have parties in their own homes?
4. The day after the party, what does John tell Lorraine that his parents think?
5. What clues indicate that John has a crush on Lorraine?
This section contains 591 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)