|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Following the party, what is Lorraine still wearing after arriving at her own home?
(a) A toga.
(b) John's sweater.
(c) A red party hat.
(d) Mrs. Pignati's ruffled dress.
2. As she tries to sleep, after being brought home from the party and having a conversation with her mother, Lorraine can't help thinking about what?
(a) The mess made at Mr. Pignati's house.
(b) Her conversation with her mother.
(c) Her kiss with John.
(d) What she finds in Mr. Pignati's attic.
3. After John and Lorraine apologize to Mr. Pignati, where does the man agree to meet them?
(b) Department store.
(c) Train station.
4. After the party breaks up, who takes Lorraine and John home?
(a) John's brother.
(b) Mr. Pignati.
(c) The taxi driver.
(d) The police.
5. What clues indicate that John has a crush on Lorraine?
(a) He acts like a gentleman towards her.
(b) He becomes very protective of her around their friends.
(c) He blushes around her.
(d) He combs his hair and wears aftershave.
6. After seeing John try on some of Mr. Pignati's clothes, what does Lorraine do?
(a) Tries on Mrs. Pignati's clothes.
(b) Yells at him.
(c) Makes fun of him.
(d) Takes a picture of him.
7. What does Mr. Pignati buy at the department store for both Lorraine and John?
(a) Gingerbread cookies.
(b) Chocolate truffles.
(c) Roller skates.
(d) Beach balls.
8. John tells Lorraine that he knows what happens to Mrs. Pignati because he finds:
(a) A goodbye letter from Mrs. Pignati.
(b) A sad letter written by Mr. Pignati.
(c) Her funeral bill.
(d) A notice from a psychiatric hospital.
9. When John and Lorraine are alone in Mr. Pignati's place, what does John ask for?
(a) A kiss.
(b) An explanation.
(c) A date.
(d) An answer.
10. Following Lorraine's heart to heart talk with her mother in the kitchen, the teen feels that_____.
(a) John is a terrible influence on her.
(b) She needs to get a job and leave home.
(c) Her mother never understands her.
(d) Her mother is starting to understand her a little.
11. What does John do when Norton asks about Mr. Pignati?
(a) Becomes protective of the old man.
(b) Tells Norton to get lost.
(c) Brags about taking things from the old man.
(d) Punches Norton in the mouth.
12. While Mr. Pignati is recovering at the hospital, Lorraine chides John for _____.
(a) Tracking mud through Mr. Pignati's house.
(b) Not taking out the trash.
(c) Smoking too much.
(d) Liking too many girls.
13. When Mr. Pignati offers to buy John and Lorraine something at the department store, what does John pick?
(a) A pack of cigarettes.
(b) Canned lobster.
(c) Chocolate covered ants.
(d) A case of beer.
14. When Lorraine inquires about Mr. Pignati after the party is over, what is she told?
(a) He's crying.
(b) He's laughing hysterically.
(c) He's eating a bowl of cereal.
(d) He falls asleep.
15. What happens after John calls the police from Mr. Pignati's house?
(a) The robbers flee.
(b) An ambulance takes Mr. Pignati to the hospital.
(c) Lorraine's mother arrives at the scene.
(d) Mr. Pignati regains consciousness.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which person does John specifically NOT invite to the party?
2. What do John, Lorraine, and Mr. Pignati ride to the monkey house?
3. The complicated game that John and Lorraine play with Mr. Pignati turns out to be a psychological one, with their answers equating to what?
4. At home, John is frequently told to do what?
5. Are John and Lorraine allowed to have parties in their own homes?
This section contains 601 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)