|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Lorraine justify the fact that her mother picks on her?
(a) She sees herself as an overly needy teen.
(b) She gives her mother grief.
(c) Her mother is abandoned by four husbands.
(d) Her mother has a hard life.
2. Which person does John specifically NOT invite to the party?
3. John comes to realize that he greatly values his friendship with who?
(b) The Pigman.
(c) His parents.
(d) His brother.
4. Who shows up to John's and Lorraine's party?
(a) Lorraine's teacher.
(b) Mr. Pignati's friends.
(c) John's brother.
(d) Several of their friends.
5. John says that Norton's mother allows him to play with what when he is little?
(b) Toy soldiers.
(c) Teddy bears.
6. Right before Mr. Pignati comes home from the hospital, what do Lorraine and John decide to do?
(a) Clean his house.
(b) Re-arrange his pigs.
(c) Make a "welcome home" poster.
(d) Bake him oatmeal cookies.
7. When John and Lorraine are alone in Mr. Pignati's place, what does John ask for?
(a) An explanation.
(b) A kiss.
(c) An answer.
(d) A date.
8. The day after the party, what does John tell Lorraine that his parents think?
(a) He needs to see a psychiatrist.
(b) He shouldn't see Mr. Pignati anymore.
(c) He needs to be grounded for a month.
(d) They need to send him to boot camp.
9. What do John and Lorraine do for music at the party?
(a) Sing songs.
(b) Hire a DJ.
(c) Play old records.
(d) Bring a band.
10. When Lorraine inquires about Mr. Pignati after the party is over, what is she told?
(a) He's eating a bowl of cereal.
(b) He falls asleep.
(c) He's laughing hysterically.
(d) He's crying.
11. In good spirits after seeing Mr. Pignati doing better at the hospital, Lorraine and John are back at his place playing:
(a) Loud rock.
(b) A pretend, acting game.
(c) Soft music.
12. Why do John and Lorraine tell the police that they are Mr. Pignati's children?
(a) To avoid suspicion.
(b) Because they feel as though they are Mr. Pignati's children.
(c) Because Mr. Pignati has no family.
(d) So they can visit Mr. Pignati at the hospital.
13. Why does John not invite a particular person to the party?
(a) John doesn't trust him.
(b) He knows this person tells his parents.
(c) He used to date her.
(d) Lorraine doesn't like her.
14. Lorraine sees a crazy woman talking to herself and hears her saying that _____.
(a) Zombies are after her.
(b) Death is coming.
(c) Aliens are here.
(d) The flood is imminent.
15. On a snowy night, what do John and Lorraine confess to Mr. Pignati?
(a) They don't work for a charity.
(b) They're the ones who ring his doorbell and run away.
(c) At first they are terrified of him.
(d) They suspect him of killing his wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. As she tries to sleep, after being brought home from the party and having a conversation with her mother, Lorraine can't help thinking about what?
2. The complicated game that John and Lorraine play with Mr. Pignati turns out to be a psychological one, with their answers equating to what?
3. Why is Norton upset when he arrives at the party?
4. In the silence that follows Mr. Pignati telling the teens that his wife is dead, what does Lorraine offer John?
5. What does Lorraine pass around at the party?
This section contains 614 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)