|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In good spirits after seeing Mr. Pignati doing better at the hospital, Lorraine and John are back at his place playing:
(b) A pretend, acting game.
(c) Soft music.
(d) Loud rock.
2. When Lorraine inquires about Mr. Pignati after the party is over, what is she told?
(a) He falls asleep.
(b) He's laughing hysterically.
(c) He's crying.
(d) He's eating a bowl of cereal.
3. After John and Lorraine make their confession to Mr. Pignati, how does he react?
(a) He ignores their words and cheerfully talks about Bobo.
(b) He laughs and tells them to not worry about it.
(c) He looks sad and talks about Conchetta.
(d) He cries and asks if they enjoy being cruel.
4. What does John do when Norton asks about Mr. Pignati?
(a) Tells Norton to get lost.
(b) Punches Norton in the mouth.
(c) Becomes protective of the old man.
(d) Brags about taking things from the old man.
5. When John and Lorraine meet Mr. Pignati at the Staten Island ferry, they encounter what?
(a) Drunks and bums.
(b) Actors and models.
(c) The school principal.
(d) Lorraine's mother.
6. After coming and going from Mr. Pignati's house, while he's at the hospital, Lorraine and John begin to what?
(a) Wonder if Mr. Pignati's ever coming home.
(b) Steal the old man's pigs.
(c) Get on each other's nerves.
(d) Write a letter to Mr. Pignati.
7. What do John, Lorraine, and Mr. Pignati ride to the monkey house?
(a) Zoo train.
(c) City bus.
(d) Taxi cab.
8. Mr. Pignati tells John and Lorraine that his wife enjoys shopping for what at Beekman's department store?
(a) Imported wine.
(b) Fancy food.
(c) Fancy dresses.
(d) Imported cookware.
9. What does Lorraine think about John's idea for a party at Mr. Pignati's house?
(a) It's wonderful.
(b) She's distracted by the phone ringing.
(c) She's indifferent.
(d) It's crazy.
10. After John and Lorraine apologize to Mr. Pignati, where does the man agree to meet them?
(a) Train station.
(b) Department store.
11. With Mr. Pignati at the hospital and John and Lorraine having dinner at Mr. Pignati's house, the pair drinks a toast to _____.
(b) Young love.
(c) Their parents.
(d) The Pigman.
12. The Pigman differs from John's parents in that he _____.
(a) Encourages John to ask Lorraine out.
(b) Helps John with homework.
(c) Allows John to be himself.
(d) Gives John structure and discipline.
13. Why does John's father have to quit drinking?
(a) He is diagnosed with sclerosis of the liver.
(b) He develops a brain tumor.
(c) John's mother threatens to leave him.
(d) He is involved in a drunk driving accident.
14. While Mr. Pignati is recovering at the hospital, Lorraine chides John for _____.
(a) Tracking mud through Mr. Pignati's house.
(b) Smoking too much.
(c) Not taking out the trash.
(d) Liking too many girls.
15. What happens after Lorraine scolds John for running up the stairs with roller skates?
(a) The police officer starts to ask them questions.
(b) She feels badly and apologizes profusely.
(c) They yell at each other and then comfort one another.
(d) He bursts out of the house in anger.
Short Answer Questions
1. The day after the party, what does John tell Lorraine that his parents think?
2. When Mr. Pignati is at the hospital, what does Lorraine confess to John?
3. At home, John is frequently told to do what?
4. What does Mr. Pignati buy at the department store for both Lorraine and John?
5. What happens when John climbs up the stairs in roller skates and Mr. Pignati attempts to follow?
This section contains 630 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)