|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When John is about ten years old, his father gets a kick watching him go around the house doing what?
(a) Offering guests wine refills.
(b) Emptying beer glasses.
(c) Pretending to be in a marching band.
(d) Singing at the top of his lungs.
2. After seeing John try on some of Mr. Pignati's clothes, what does Lorraine do?
(a) Makes fun of him.
(b) Tries on Mrs. Pignati's clothes.
(c) Takes a picture of him.
(d) Yells at him.
3. Mr. Pignati tells John and Lorraine that his wife enjoys shopping for what at Beekman's department store?
(a) Imported cookware.
(b) Fancy dresses.
(c) Imported wine.
(d) Fancy food.
4. What happens after Lorraine scolds John for running up the stairs with roller skates?
(a) The police officer starts to ask them questions.
(b) He bursts out of the house in anger.
(c) She feels badly and apologizes profusely.
(d) They yell at each other and then comfort one another.
5. John comes to realize that he greatly values his friendship with who?
(a) His brother.
(c) His parents.
(d) The Pigman.
6. After Mr. Pignati tells John and Lorraine a complicated story, they are instructed to write down the order in which they think that _____.
(a) Events take place.
(b) Food items are cooked.
(c) Characters are responsible for the end of the story.
(d) Battles are fought, won, and lost.
7. What happens to Mr. Pignati once he learns that Bobo dies of pneumonia?
(a) He tells the kids he never wants to see them again.
(b) He chokes on a peanut and loses consciousness.
(c) He walks away in stunned silence.
(d) He is struck by grief and dies.
8. When Mr. Pignati offers to buy John and Lorraine something at the department store, what does John pick?
(a) A case of beer.
(b) Chocolate covered ants.
(c) Canned lobster.
(d) A pack of cigarettes.
9. Who shows up to John's and Lorraine's party in a taxi cab?
(a) John's mother.
(b) Mrs. Pignati.
(c) Lorraine's mother.
(d) Mr. Pignati.
10. What do Lorraine and Helen do at the party?
(a) Accidentally break a chair.
(b) Hide Mr. Pignati's pig collection.
(c) Try on Conchetta's dresses.
(d) Play a quiet card game in the corner.
11. After Lorraine and John discover what happens to Mrs. Pignati, how do Mr. Pignati's jokes make Lorraine feel?
12. Why does Lorraine justify the fact that her mother picks on her?
(a) She gives her mother grief.
(b) Her mother is abandoned by four husbands.
(c) Her mother has a hard life.
(d) She sees herself as an overly needy teen.
13. When they are alone in Mr. Pignati's house, John looks around to see:
(a) If he can find any money lying around.
(b) How much beer and wine he can find.
(c) What it's like to live there full-time.
(d) The many photos of Mr. Pignati's relatives.
14. En route to Beekman's Department Store with John and Mr. Pignati, Lorraine sees what?
(a) A shooting star.
(b) A band of hippies.
(c) A parade.
(d) More omens.
15. Why does John not invite a particular person to the party?
(a) Lorraine doesn't like her.
(b) John doesn't trust him.
(c) He knows this person tells his parents.
(d) He used to date her.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Lorraine and John visit Mr. Pignati at the hospital, what does he ask of them?
2. After visiting Mr. Pignati at the hospital, John goes back to the old man's place, tries on his clothes, and pretends to be a what?
3. While Mr. Pignati is recovering at the hospital, Lorraine chides John for _____.
4. The complicated game that John and Lorraine play with Mr. Pignati turns out to be a psychological one, with their answers equating to what?
5. Which person does John specifically NOT invite to the party?
This section contains 676 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)