|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The day after the party, what does John tell Lorraine that his parents think?
(a) He needs to see a psychiatrist.
(b) They need to send him to boot camp.
(c) He shouldn't see Mr. Pignati anymore.
(d) He needs to be grounded for a month.
2. What do Lorraine and Helen do at the party?
(a) Hide Mr. Pignati's pig collection.
(b) Try on Conchetta's dresses.
(c) Play a quiet card game in the corner.
(d) Accidentally break a chair.
3. Who gets John to start drinking beer?
(a) His father.
(d) His brother.
4. After coming and going from Mr. Pignati's house, while he's at the hospital, Lorraine and John begin to what?
(a) Wonder if Mr. Pignati's ever coming home.
(b) Get on each other's nerves.
(c) Write a letter to Mr. Pignati.
(d) Steal the old man's pigs.
5. Mr. Pignati tells John and Lorraine that his wife enjoys shopping for what at Beekman's department store?
(a) Imported wine.
(b) Fancy dresses.
(c) Imported cookware.
(d) Fancy food.
6. John comes to realize that he greatly values his friendship with who?
(a) His brother.
(c) The Pigman.
(d) His parents.
7. In good spirits after seeing Mr. Pignati doing better at the hospital, Lorraine and John are back at his place playing:
(a) A pretend, acting game.
(c) Soft music.
(d) Loud rock.
8. When John and Lorraine are alone in Mr. Pignati's place, what does John ask for?
(a) An answer.
(b) A kiss.
(c) An explanation.
(d) A date.
9. What does John do when Norton asks about Mr. Pignati?
(a) Tells Norton to get lost.
(b) Punches Norton in the mouth.
(c) Brags about taking things from the old man.
(d) Becomes protective of the old man.
10. With Mr. Pignati at the hospital and John and Lorraine having dinner at Mr. Pignati's house, the pair drinks a toast to _____.
(a) Young love.
(b) Their parents.
(d) The Pigman.
11. Why does Lorraine justify the fact that her mother picks on her?
(a) Her mother is abandoned by four husbands.
(b) She gives her mother grief.
(c) Her mother has a hard life.
(d) She sees herself as an overly needy teen.
12. Does John genuinely believe that Mr. Pignati wants them to have a party?
(b) He's not quite sure.
(c) He doesn't care what Mr. Pignati wants.
13. Following Lorraine's heart to heart talk with her mother in the kitchen, the teen feels that_____.
(a) John is a terrible influence on her.
(b) Her mother never understands her.
(c) Her mother is starting to understand her a little.
(d) She needs to get a job and leave home.
14. After John and Lorraine make their confession to Mr. Pignati, how does he react?
(a) He looks sad and talks about Conchetta.
(b) He cries and asks if they enjoy being cruel.
(c) He ignores their words and cheerfully talks about Bobo.
(d) He laughs and tells them to not worry about it.
15. Who shows up to John's and Lorraine's party?
(a) Several of their friends.
(b) John's brother.
(c) Lorraine's teacher.
(d) Mr. Pignati's friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the silence that follows Mr. Pignati telling the teens that his wife is dead, what does Lorraine offer John?
2. While Mr. Pignati is recovering at the hospital, Lorraine chides John for _____.
3. When John and Lorraine give Mr. Pignati his house keys at the hospital, he does what?
4. When Lorraine inquires about Mr. Pignati after the party is over, what is she told?
5. What happens when John climbs up the stairs in roller skates and Mr. Pignati attempts to follow?
This section contains 651 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)