|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After playing the complicated story game with Mr. Pignati, John and Lorraine get the same answer as their first item, which is_____.
2. Which person does John specifically NOT invite to the party?
3. Why does Lorraine's mother keep asking her to explain where the stockings come from?
(a) Because she's very forgetful.
(b) She secretly worries they come from a boy.
(c) She always has a habit of repeating herself.
(d) To see if she can catch Lorraine in a lie.
4. After Lorraine and John discover what happens to Mrs. Pignati, how do Mr. Pignati's jokes make Lorraine feel?
5. After John and Lorraine apologize to Mr. Pignati, where does the man agree to meet them?
(b) Department store.
(c) Train station.
6. The day after the party, what does John tell Lorraine that his parents think?
(a) He needs to see a psychiatrist.
(b) He needs to be grounded for a month.
(c) He shouldn't see Mr. Pignati anymore.
(d) They need to send him to boot camp.
7. Following Lorraine's heart to heart talk with her mother in the kitchen, the teen feels that_____.
(a) Her mother never understands her.
(b) John is a terrible influence on her.
(c) Her mother is starting to understand her a little.
(d) She needs to get a job and leave home.
8. Why does Lorraine justify the fact that her mother picks on her?
(a) She sees herself as an overly needy teen.
(b) Her mother is abandoned by four husbands.
(c) She gives her mother grief.
(d) Her mother has a hard life.
9. What is Norton well known for?
(b) Getting beat up.
(d) Repeating sixth grade.
10. With Mr. Pignati at the hospital and John and Lorraine having dinner at Mr. Pignati's house, the pair drinks a toast to _____.
(b) The Pigman.
(c) Their parents.
(d) Young love.
11. Who shows up to John's and Lorraine's party?
(a) John's brother.
(b) Lorraine's teacher.
(c) Mr. Pignati's friends.
(d) Several of their friends.
12. What happens when John climbs up the stairs in roller skates and Mr. Pignati attempts to follow?
(a) The phone rings.
(b) John falls down onto Mr. Pignati.
(c) Mr. Pignati grabs his chest and falls.
(d) There's a knock at the door.
13. As she tries to sleep, after being brought home from the party and having a conversation with her mother, Lorraine can't help thinking about what?
(a) What she finds in Mr. Pignati's attic.
(b) Her conversation with her mother.
(c) Her kiss with John.
(d) The mess made at Mr. Pignati's house.
14. When John and Lorraine skip school to visit Mr. Pignati at the hospital, the old man is _____.
(a) In poor spirits.
(b) Dazed and confused.
(c) Happy to see them.
(d) Fast asleep.
15. John and Lorraine conclude that Mr. Pignati is happy when _____.
(a) They are allowed to have fun.
(b) They tickle him.
(c) He takes a walk along the river.
(d) He's listening to old records.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gets John to start drinking beer?
2. En route to Beekman's Department Store with John and Mr. Pignati, Lorraine sees what?
3. Norton gains notoriety when he gets caught stealing what?
4. When Lorraine inquires about Mr. Pignati after the party is over, what is she told?
5. After being brought home from the party, and eventually joining her mother in the kitchen, what does Lorraine talk about?
This section contains 590 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)