|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Lorraine's mother keep asking her to explain where the stockings come from?
(a) To see if she can catch Lorraine in a lie.
(b) She always has a habit of repeating herself.
(c) Because she's very forgetful.
(d) She secretly worries they come from a boy.
2. As a result of what Norton plays with when he is little, according to John, Norton becomes what?
(a) A pushover.
(b) A cynic.
(c) A bully.
(d) An introvert.
3. Which person does John specifically NOT invite to the party?
4. While Mr. Pignati is recovering at the hospital, what do John and Lorraine do?
(a) Forget about him.
(b) Catch up on schoolwork.
(c) Run away.
(d) Use his house.
5. John and Lorraine conclude that Mr. Pignati is happy when _____.
(a) He takes a walk along the river.
(b) They are allowed to have fun.
(c) They tickle him.
(d) He's listening to old records.
6. Norton gains notoriety when he gets caught stealing what?
(a) Tissue boxes.
(b) The teacher's purse.
(c) A bag of marshmallows.
(d) Blue crayons.
7. As she tries to sleep, after being brought home from the party and having a conversation with her mother, Lorraine can't help thinking about what?
(a) Her conversation with her mother.
(b) Her kiss with John.
(c) The mess made at Mr. Pignati's house.
(d) What she finds in Mr. Pignati's attic.
8. After John and Lorraine make their confession to Mr. Pignati, how does he react?
(a) He ignores their words and cheerfully talks about Bobo.
(b) He laughs and tells them to not worry about it.
(c) He cries and asks if they enjoy being cruel.
(d) He looks sad and talks about Conchetta.
9. Why do John and Lorraine tell the police that they are Mr. Pignati's children?
(a) Because they feel as though they are Mr. Pignati's children.
(b) Because Mr. Pignati has no family.
(c) So they can visit Mr. Pignati at the hospital.
(d) To avoid suspicion.
10. After seeing John try on some of Mr. Pignati's clothes, what does Lorraine do?
(a) Tries on Mrs. Pignati's clothes.
(b) Takes a picture of him.
(c) Yells at him.
(d) Makes fun of him.
11. What does Lorraine conclude is the strongest thing in the world?
12. John tells Lorraine that he knows what happens to Mrs. Pignati because he finds:
(a) A notice from a psychiatric hospital.
(b) A goodbye letter from Mrs. Pignati.
(c) Her funeral bill.
(d) A sad letter written by Mr. Pignati.
13. What do John and Lorraine have plenty of at their party?
(d) Party games.
14. Mr. Pignati tells John and Lorraine that his wife enjoys shopping for what at Beekman's department store?
(a) Imported cookware.
(b) Fancy dresses.
(c) Fancy food.
(d) Imported wine.
15. After the tension is broken following Mr. Pignati telling the teens that his wife passes away, what does Mr. Pignati start to do?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Lorraine and John visit Mr. Pignati at the hospital, what does he ask of them?
2. What does Mr. Pignati buy at the department store for both Lorraine and John?
3. When Mr. Pignati offers to buy John and Lorraine something at the department store, what does John pick?
4. Lorraine treasures a picture she has of _____.
5. When John is about ten years old, his father gets a kick watching him go around the house doing what?
This section contains 631 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)