|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As she tries to sleep, after being brought home from the party and having a conversation with her mother, Lorraine can't help thinking about what?
(a) What she finds in Mr. Pignati's attic.
(b) Her kiss with John.
(c) Her conversation with her mother.
(d) The mess made at Mr. Pignati's house.
2. When John is about ten years old, his father gets a kick watching him go around the house doing what?
(a) Singing at the top of his lungs.
(b) Offering guests wine refills.
(c) Pretending to be in a marching band.
(d) Emptying beer glasses.
3. When John realizes he's been eating chocolate covered ants, what does he do?
(a) Runs to the bathroom.
(b) Spits them out the balcony.
(c) Eats more because he wants to look tough.
(d) Offers some to Lorraine.
4. What do John and Lorraine have plenty of at their party?
(d) Party games.
5. What does Lorraine pass around at the party?
(a) A card for everyone to sign.
(b) Slices of anchovy pizza.
(d) Chocolate covered ants.
6. What is Norton well known for?
(a) Getting beat up.
(c) Repeating sixth grade.
7. With Mr. Pignati in the hospital almost a week, how do John and Lorraine start to behave?
(a) Like an old married couple.
(b) As if they're guilty of something.
(c) Bored and restless.
(d) Like a couple of kindergartners.
8. After the party breaks up, who takes Lorraine and John home?
(a) John's brother.
(b) The police.
(c) The taxi driver.
(d) Mr. Pignati.
9. After visiting Mr. Pignati at the hospital, John goes back to the old man's place, tries on his clothes, and pretends to be a what?
(a) Distinguished businessman.
(b) Very old man.
(c) Police officer.
(d) Famous explorer.
10. After the tension is broken following Mr. Pignati telling the teens that his wife passes away, what does Mr. Pignati start to do?
11. When John and Lorraine are alone in Mr. Pignati's place, what does John ask for?
(a) A date.
(b) An explanation.
(c) A kiss.
(d) An answer.
12. When John and Lorraine give Mr. Pignati his house keys at the hospital, he does what?
(a) Stares at them blankly and refuses to take the keys.
(b) Sadly tells them that he no longer needs his keys.
(c) Tells them to keep the keys in case they want to watch television at his place.
(d) Takes the keys and throws them out the window.
13. John tells Lorraine that he knows what happens to Mrs. Pignati because he finds:
(a) A notice from a psychiatric hospital.
(b) A sad letter written by Mr. Pignati.
(c) Her funeral bill.
(d) A goodbye letter from Mrs. Pignati.
14. When Mr. Pignati offers to buy John and Lorraine something at the department store, what does John pick?
(a) A pack of cigarettes.
(b) A case of beer.
(c) Canned lobster.
(d) Chocolate covered ants.
15. The Pigman differs from John's parents in that he _____.
(a) Encourages John to ask Lorraine out.
(b) Gives John structure and discipline.
(c) Allows John to be himself.
(d) Helps John with homework.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does John not invite a particular person to the party?
2. While Mr. Pignati is recovering at the hospital, what do John and Lorraine do?
3. What happens after John calls the police from Mr. Pignati's house?
4. The complicated game that John and Lorraine play with Mr. Pignati turns out to be a psychological one, with their answers equating to what?
5. Mr. Pignati's situation reminds Lorraine of _____.
This section contains 648 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)