|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. John says that Norton's mother allows him to play with what when he is little?
(b) Teddy bears.
(d) Toy soldiers.
2. In the silence that follows Mr. Pignati telling the teens that his wife is dead, what does Lorraine offer John?
(b) Kind words.
(c) A hug.
(d) A cigarette.
3. What happens when John climbs up the stairs in roller skates and Mr. Pignati attempts to follow?
(a) John falls down onto Mr. Pignati.
(b) There's a knock at the door.
(c) The phone rings.
(d) Mr. Pignati grabs his chest and falls.
4. The complicated game that John and Lorraine play with Mr. Pignati turns out to be a psychological one, with their answers equating to what?
(a) Each player's truest wish.
(b) The one thing the player fears most.
(c) Whatever is on each player's mind at the moment.
(d) That which each player finds most important in his or her life.
5. As she tries to sleep, after being brought home from the party and having a conversation with her mother, Lorraine can't help thinking about what?
(a) Her kiss with John.
(b) Her conversation with her mother.
(c) What she finds in Mr. Pignati's attic.
(d) The mess made at Mr. Pignati's house.
6. When Lorraine and John visit Mr. Pignati at the hospital, what does he ask of them?
(a) That they remember to be respectful to their parents.
(b) To stop by the zoo and see Bobo.
(c) That they study hard and keep their grades up.
(d) To throw away his pair of roller skates.
7. When John and Lorraine skip school to visit Mr. Pignati at the hospital, the old man is _____.
(a) Dazed and confused.
(b) In poor spirits.
(c) Happy to see them.
(d) Fast asleep.
8. After being brought home from the party, and eventually joining her mother in the kitchen, what does Lorraine talk about?
(a) How she misses her father.
(b) Wanting her mother to love her.
(c) Her friendship with Mr. Pignati.
(d) Her love for John.
9. What does John tell Lorraine about the party he's planning at Mr. Pignati's house?
(a) A party cheers everyone up.
(b) The Pigman tells him to throw a party.
(c) The Pigman wants them to have fun.
(d) It's their only chance for a party away from their parents.
10. What do John, Lorraine, and Mr. Pignati ride to the monkey house?
(a) Taxi cab.
(b) Zoo train.
(d) City bus.
11. After his father stops drinking, how does John feel around the house?
(c) That things are finally peaceful.
(d) As though everything he does is wrong.
12. Why does John's father have to quit drinking?
(a) He develops a brain tumor.
(b) He is involved in a drunk driving accident.
(c) John's mother threatens to leave him.
(d) He is diagnosed with sclerosis of the liver.
13. After playing the complicated story game with Mr. Pignati, John and Lorraine get the same answer as their first item, which is_____.
14. After John and Lorraine go back to Mr. Pignati's house, while he remains in the hospital, what does Lorraine do?
(a) Sobs uncontrollably.
(b) Draws a picture.
(c) Throws away the skates.
(d) Cooks dinner.
15. What is Norton well known for?
(a) Repeating sixth grade.
(d) Getting beat up.
Short Answer Questions
1. Right before Mr. Pignati comes home from the hospital, what do Lorraine and John decide to do?
2. Why does Lorraine's mother keep asking her to explain where the stockings come from?
3. What does Lorraine think about John's idea for a party at Mr. Pignati's house?
4. John comes to realize that he greatly values his friendship with who?
5. When John and Lorraine are alone in Mr. Pignati's place, what does John ask for?
This section contains 650 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)