|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When John and Lorraine are alone in Mr. Pignati's place, what does John ask for?
(a) An answer.
(b) A kiss.
(c) An explanation.
(d) A date.
2. John says that Norton's mother allows him to play with what when he is little?
(a) Teddy bears.
(c) Toy soldiers.
3. What do John, Lorraine, and Mr. Pignati ride to the monkey house?
(a) Taxi cab.
(b) City bus.
(d) Zoo train.
4. On a snowy night, what do John and Lorraine confess to Mr. Pignati?
(a) At first they are terrified of him.
(b) They don't work for a charity.
(c) They're the ones who ring his doorbell and run away.
(d) They suspect him of killing his wife.
5. John and Lorraine conclude that Mr. Pignati is happy when _____.
(a) He takes a walk along the river.
(b) He's listening to old records.
(c) They tickle him.
(d) They are allowed to have fun.
6. After coming and going from Mr. Pignati's house, while he's at the hospital, Lorraine and John begin to what?
(a) Wonder if Mr. Pignati's ever coming home.
(b) Get on each other's nerves.
(c) Steal the old man's pigs.
(d) Write a letter to Mr. Pignati.
7. After playing the complicated story game with Mr. Pignati, John and Lorraine get the same answer as their first item, which is_____.
8. Why do John and Lorraine tell the police that they are Mr. Pignati's children?
(a) Because Mr. Pignati has no family.
(b) Because they feel as though they are Mr. Pignati's children.
(c) To avoid suspicion.
(d) So they can visit Mr. Pignati at the hospital.
9. Mr. Pignati's situation reminds Lorraine of _____.
(a) Her father leaving her mother.
(b) A landlady who couldn't accept her husband's death.
(c) Her own broken heart.
(d) A story she writes about love and betrayal.
10. After the tension is broken following Mr. Pignati telling the teens that his wife passes away, what does Mr. Pignati start to do?
11. John comes to realize that he greatly values his friendship with who?
(a) His parents.
(b) The Pigman.
(c) His brother.
12. After the party breaks up, who takes Lorraine and John home?
(a) The police.
(b) Mr. Pignati.
(c) John's brother.
(d) The taxi driver.
13. Following the party, what is Lorraine still wearing after arriving at her own home?
(a) Mrs. Pignati's ruffled dress.
(b) A toga.
(c) John's sweater.
(d) A red party hat.
14. When Mr. Pignati is at the hospital, what does Lorraine confess to John?
(a) She loves John.
(b) Her mom knows about their visits to Mr. Pignati.
(c) Her mom hates John.
(d) She pushs Mr. Pignati.
15. When John realizes he's been eating chocolate covered ants, what does he do?
(a) Offers some to Lorraine.
(b) Runs to the bathroom.
(c) Spits them out the balcony.
(d) Eats more because he wants to look tough.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Pigman differs from John's parents in that he _____.
2. When Lorraine inquires about Mr. Pignati after the party is over, what is she told?
3. While Mr. Pignati is recovering at the hospital, Lorraine chides John for _____.
4. En route to Beekman's Department Store with John and Mr. Pignati, Lorraine sees what?
5. What does John find Norton doing at the party?
This section contains 577 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)