|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After his father stops drinking, how does John feel around the house?
(b) As though everything he does is wrong.
(c) That things are finally peaceful.
2. Why does Lorraine's mother keep asking her to explain where the stockings come from?
(a) Because she's very forgetful.
(b) To see if she can catch Lorraine in a lie.
(c) She always has a habit of repeating herself.
(d) She secretly worries they come from a boy.
3. After the party breaks up, who takes Lorraine and John home?
(a) Mr. Pignati.
(b) John's brother.
(c) The police.
(d) The taxi driver.
4. What does Lorraine conclude is the strongest thing in the world?
5. After John and Lorraine make their confession to Mr. Pignati, how does he react?
(a) He ignores their words and cheerfully talks about Bobo.
(b) He cries and asks if they enjoy being cruel.
(c) He looks sad and talks about Conchetta.
(d) He laughs and tells them to not worry about it.
6. After Mr. Pignati tells John and Lorraine a complicated story, they are instructed to write down the order in which they think that _____.
(a) Food items are cooked.
(b) Characters are responsible for the end of the story.
(c) Battles are fought, won, and lost.
(d) Events take place.
7. Mr. Pignati's situation reminds Lorraine of _____.
(a) Her father leaving her mother.
(b) A story she writes about love and betrayal.
(c) A landlady who couldn't accept her husband's death.
(d) Her own broken heart.
8. When John and Lorraine are alone in Mr. Pignati's place, what does John ask for?
(a) An answer.
(b) A kiss.
(c) A date.
(d) An explanation.
9. What does Lorraine think about John's idea for a party at Mr. Pignati's house?
(a) It's crazy.
(b) It's wonderful.
(c) She's distracted by the phone ringing.
(d) She's indifferent.
10. What happens after Lorraine scolds John for running up the stairs with roller skates?
(a) They yell at each other and then comfort one another.
(b) He bursts out of the house in anger.
(c) The police officer starts to ask them questions.
(d) She feels badly and apologizes profusely.
11. After Lorraine and John discover what happens to Mrs. Pignati, how do Mr. Pignati's jokes make Lorraine feel?
12. When Mr. Pignati offers to buy John and Lorraine something at the department store, what does John pick?
(a) A case of beer.
(b) Canned lobster.
(c) A pack of cigarettes.
(d) Chocolate covered ants.
13. When Lorraine inquires about Mr. Pignati after the party is over, what is she told?
(a) He's laughing hysterically.
(b) He's crying.
(c) He's eating a bowl of cereal.
(d) He falls asleep.
14. On a snowy night, what do John and Lorraine confess to Mr. Pignati?
(a) At first they are terrified of him.
(b) They're the ones who ring his doorbell and run away.
(c) They suspect him of killing his wife.
(d) They don't work for a charity.
15. What does John find Norton doing at the party?
(a) Throwing Mr. Pignati's clothes out the window.
(b) Kissing Lorraine.
(c) Trying to steal Mr. Pignati's valuables.
(d) Beating up Dennis.
Short Answer Questions
1. While Mr. Pignati is recovering at the hospital, Lorraine chides John for _____.
2. While Mr. Pignati is recovering at the hospital, what do John and Lorraine do?
3. Mr. Pignati tells John and Lorraine that his wife enjoys shopping for what at Beekman's department store?
4. After John and Lorraine go back to Mr. Pignati's house, while he remains in the hospital, what does Lorraine do?
5. When John and Lorraine skip school to visit Mr. Pignati at the hospital, the old man is _____.
This section contains 618 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)