|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When John is about ten years old, his father gets a kick watching him go around the house doing what?
(a) Emptying beer glasses.
(b) Offering guests wine refills.
(c) Pretending to be in a marching band.
(d) Singing at the top of his lungs.
2. After being brought home from the party, and eventually joining her mother in the kitchen, what does Lorraine talk about?
(a) Her friendship with Mr. Pignati.
(b) Wanting her mother to love her.
(c) How she misses her father.
(d) Her love for John.
3. What does John tell Lorraine about the party he's planning at Mr. Pignati's house?
(a) The Pigman tells him to throw a party.
(b) It's their only chance for a party away from their parents.
(c) A party cheers everyone up.
(d) The Pigman wants them to have fun.
4. As a result of what Norton plays with when he is little, according to John, Norton becomes what?
(a) A pushover.
(b) An introvert.
(c) A cynic.
(d) A bully.
5. After seeing John try on some of Mr. Pignati's clothes, what does Lorraine do?
(a) Makes fun of him.
(b) Tries on Mrs. Pignati's clothes.
(c) Yells at him.
(d) Takes a picture of him.
6. Why do John and Lorraine tell the police that they are Mr. Pignati's children?
(a) So they can visit Mr. Pignati at the hospital.
(b) Because Mr. Pignati has no family.
(c) To avoid suspicion.
(d) Because they feel as though they are Mr. Pignati's children.
7. In the silence that follows Mr. Pignati telling the teens that his wife is dead, what does Lorraine offer John?
(b) Kind words.
(c) A cigarette.
(d) A hug.
8. When they are alone in Mr. Pignati's house, John looks around to see:
(a) If he can find any money lying around.
(b) What it's like to live there full-time.
(c) How much beer and wine he can find.
(d) The many photos of Mr. Pignati's relatives.
9. What do John, Lorraine, and Mr. Pignati ride to the monkey house?
(a) Taxi cab.
(c) Zoo train.
(d) City bus.
10. After the tension is broken following Mr. Pignati telling the teens that his wife passes away, what does Mr. Pignati start to do?
11. What does Lorraine conclude is the strongest thing in the world?
12. Following the party, what is Lorraine still wearing after arriving at her own home?
(a) John's sweater.
(b) A toga.
(c) A red party hat.
(d) Mrs. Pignati's ruffled dress.
13. Why does John's father have to quit drinking?
(a) He is involved in a drunk driving accident.
(b) He develops a brain tumor.
(c) He is diagnosed with sclerosis of the liver.
(d) John's mother threatens to leave him.
14. The Pigman differs from John's parents in that he _____.
(a) Allows John to be himself.
(b) Helps John with homework.
(c) Gives John structure and discipline.
(d) Encourages John to ask Lorraine out.
15. Who gets John to start drinking beer?
(a) His father.
(b) His brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Mr. Pignati tells John and Lorraine a complicated story, they are instructed to write down the order in which they think that _____.
2. What does Mr. Pignati buy at the department store for both Lorraine and John?
3. John and Lorraine conclude that Mr. Pignati is happy when _____.
4. What does Lorraine pass around at the party?
5. When Mr. Pignati is at the hospital, what does Lorraine confess to John?
This section contains 612 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)