|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does John do when Norton asks about Mr. Pignati?
(a) Punches Norton in the mouth.
(b) Brags about taking things from the old man.
(c) Tells Norton to get lost.
(d) Becomes protective of the old man.
2. After John and Lorraine apologize to Mr. Pignati, where does the man agree to meet them?
(b) Department store.
(c) Train station.
3. When John realizes he's been eating chocolate covered ants, what does he do?
(a) Offers some to Lorraine.
(b) Runs to the bathroom.
(c) Eats more because he wants to look tough.
(d) Spits them out the balcony.
4. When John and Lorraine skip school to visit Mr. Pignati at the hospital, the old man is _____.
(a) Dazed and confused.
(b) Fast asleep.
(c) Happy to see them.
(d) In poor spirits.
5. When John is about ten years old, his father gets a kick watching him go around the house doing what?
(a) Singing at the top of his lungs.
(b) Offering guests wine refills.
(c) Pretending to be in a marching band.
(d) Emptying beer glasses.
6. What does Lorraine conclude is the strongest thing in the world?
7. After Lorraine and John discover what happens to Mrs. Pignati, how do Mr. Pignati's jokes make Lorraine feel?
8. Why does John not invite a particular person to the party?
(a) John doesn't trust him.
(b) Lorraine doesn't like her.
(c) He used to date her.
(d) He knows this person tells his parents.
9. When John and Lorraine meet Mr. Pignati at the Staten Island ferry, they encounter what?
(a) Lorraine's mother.
(b) Actors and models.
(c) Drunks and bums.
(d) The school principal.
10. While Mr. Pignati is recovering at the hospital, Lorraine chides John for _____.
(a) Liking too many girls.
(b) Smoking too much.
(c) Not taking out the trash.
(d) Tracking mud through Mr. Pignati's house.
11. The Pigman differs from John's parents in that he _____.
(a) Allows John to be himself.
(b) Helps John with homework.
(c) Gives John structure and discipline.
(d) Encourages John to ask Lorraine out.
12. Lorraine treasures a picture she has of _____.
(a) John when she first meets him.
(b) Her best friend from her previous school.
(c) The grandparents she never has the chance to meet.
(d) Her mother and father when they are young.
13. What is Mrs. Pignati's first name?
14. On a snowy night, what do John and Lorraine confess to Mr. Pignati?
(a) They don't work for a charity.
(b) At first they are terrified of him.
(c) They suspect him of killing his wife.
(d) They're the ones who ring his doorbell and run away.
15. Mr. Pignati's situation reminds Lorraine of _____.
(a) A story she writes about love and betrayal.
(b) Her father leaving her mother.
(c) Her own broken heart.
(d) A landlady who couldn't accept her husband's death.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lorraine sees a crazy woman talking to herself and hears her saying that _____.
2. At home, John is frequently told to do what?
3. After coming and going from Mr. Pignati's house, while he's at the hospital, Lorraine and John begin to what?
4. After the tension is broken following Mr. Pignati telling the teens that his wife passes away, what does Mr. Pignati start to do?
5. What does Mr. Pignati buy at the department store for both Lorraine and John?
This section contains 575 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)