|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After being brought home from the party, and eventually joining her mother in the kitchen, what does Lorraine talk about?
(a) Her love for John.
(b) How she misses her father.
(c) Her friendship with Mr. Pignati.
(d) Wanting her mother to love her.
2. Mr. Pignati's situation reminds Lorraine of _____.
(a) Her own broken heart.
(b) A story she writes about love and betrayal.
(c) A landlady who couldn't accept her husband's death.
(d) Her father leaving her mother.
3. As John explores the house, while Mr. Pignati is at the hospital, Lorraine asks what he's doing. What does he reply?
(a) He wonders who all the people in the photos are.
(b) He wants to invite some friends over.
(c) He's wondering how Mr. Pignati can afford such a nice place.
(d) He wants to see what they can get Mr. Pignati that he doesn't already have.
4. With Mr. Pignati at the hospital and John and Lorraine having dinner at Mr. Pignati's house, the pair drinks a toast to _____.
(a) Their parents.
(b) The Pigman.
(d) Young love.
5. En route to Beekman's Department Store with John and Mr. Pignati, Lorraine sees what?
(a) A shooting star.
(b) A parade.
(c) More omens.
(d) A band of hippies.
6. Norton gains notoriety when he gets caught stealing what?
(a) Blue crayons.
(b) Tissue boxes.
(c) A bag of marshmallows.
(d) The teacher's purse.
7. What does Lorraine's mother do when the teen is brought home after the party?
(a) Calls her ex-husband.
(b) Hugs her.
(d) Slaps her.
8. After John and Lorraine apologize to Mr. Pignati, where does the man agree to meet them?
(c) Department store.
(d) Train station.
9. When John and Lorraine skip school to visit Mr. Pignati at the hospital, the old man is _____.
(a) In poor spirits.
(b) Dazed and confused.
(c) Fast asleep.
(d) Happy to see them.
10. At home, John is frequently told to do what?
(a) Stop hanging around Lorraine.
(b) Move out.
(c) Make dinner for everyone.
(d) Quit disturbing his parents.
11. With Mr. Pignati in the hospital almost a week, how do John and Lorraine start to behave?
(a) Like an old married couple.
(b) As if they're guilty of something.
(c) Like a couple of kindergartners.
(d) Bored and restless.
12. What happens after John calls the police from Mr. Pignati's house?
(a) Lorraine's mother arrives at the scene.
(b) An ambulance takes Mr. Pignati to the hospital.
(c) Mr. Pignati regains consciousness.
(d) The robbers flee.
13. While Mr. Pignati is recovering at the hospital, Lorraine chides John for _____.
(a) Not taking out the trash.
(b) Tracking mud through Mr. Pignati's house.
(c) Smoking too much.
(d) Liking too many girls.
14. After visiting Mr. Pignati at the hospital, John goes back to the old man's place, tries on his clothes, and pretends to be a what?
(a) Police officer.
(b) Distinguished businessman.
(c) Very old man.
(d) Famous explorer.
15. When Lorraine inquires about Mr. Pignati after the party is over, what is she told?
(a) He's eating a bowl of cereal.
(b) He's crying.
(c) He falls asleep.
(d) He's laughing hysterically.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gets John to start drinking beer?
2. Following the party, what is Lorraine still wearing after arriving at her own home?
3. What clues indicate that John has a crush on Lorraine?
4. What do John, Lorraine, and Mr. Pignati ride to the monkey house?
5. On a snowy night, what do John and Lorraine confess to Mr. Pignati?
This section contains 604 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)