|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As a result of what Norton plays with when he is little, according to John, Norton becomes what?
(a) A pushover.
(b) A cynic.
(c) A bully.
(d) An introvert.
2. Following the party, what is Lorraine still wearing after arriving at her own home?
(a) A red party hat.
(b) John's sweater.
(c) A toga.
(d) Mrs. Pignati's ruffled dress.
3. What does Mr. Pignati buy at the department store for both Lorraine and John?
(a) Chocolate truffles.
(b) Roller skates.
(c) Gingerbread cookies.
(d) Beach balls.
4. Lorraine sees a crazy woman talking to herself and hears her saying that _____.
(a) Aliens are here.
(b) Zombies are after her.
(c) Death is coming.
(d) The flood is imminent.
5. When John and Lorraine skip school to visit Mr. Pignati at the hospital, the old man is _____.
(a) In poor spirits.
(b) Dazed and confused.
(c) Fast asleep.
(d) Happy to see them.
6. What happens after Lorraine scolds John for running up the stairs with roller skates?
(a) He bursts out of the house in anger.
(b) She feels badly and apologizes profusely.
(c) They yell at each other and then comfort one another.
(d) The police officer starts to ask them questions.
7. John and Lorraine conclude that Mr. Pignati is happy when _____.
(a) He takes a walk along the river.
(b) He's listening to old records.
(c) They tickle him.
(d) They are allowed to have fun.
8. After Mr. Pignati tells John and Lorraine a complicated story, they are instructed to write down the order in which they think that _____.
(a) Characters are responsible for the end of the story.
(b) Battles are fought, won, and lost.
(c) Events take place.
(d) Food items are cooked.
9. Who shows up to John's and Lorraine's party?
(a) Several of their friends.
(b) Mr. Pignati's friends.
(c) John's brother.
(d) Lorraine's teacher.
10. What do John, Lorraine, and Mr. Pignati ride to the monkey house?
(a) Taxi cab.
(b) Zoo train.
(c) City bus.
11. After visiting Mr. Pignati at the hospital, John goes back to the old man's place, tries on his clothes, and pretends to be a what?
(a) Distinguished businessman.
(b) Very old man.
(c) Police officer.
(d) Famous explorer.
12. After the tension is broken following Mr. Pignati telling the teens that his wife passes away, what does Mr. Pignati start to do?
13. What do John and Lorraine have plenty of at their party?
(b) Party games.
14. When Mr. Pignati offers to buy John and Lorraine something at the department store, what does John pick?
(a) A case of beer.
(b) A pack of cigarettes.
(c) Chocolate covered ants.
(d) Canned lobster.
15. What game are Mr. Pignati, John, and Lorraine playing as they roller skate inside Mr. Pignati's house?
(a) Simon says.
(b) Truth or dare.
(d) Space invaders.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mr. Pignati's situation reminds Lorraine of _____.
2. When Lorraine inquires about Mr. Pignati after the party is over, what is she told?
3. What does Lorraine's mother do when the teen is brought home after the party?
4. While Mr. Pignati is recovering at the hospital, what do John and Lorraine do?
5. On a snowy night, what do John and Lorraine confess to Mr. Pignati?
This section contains 574 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)