|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the zoo trip, John considers Mr. Pignati to be_____.
(a) Mysterious and frightening.
(b) Boring and stuffy.
(c) Harmless but a bit crazy.
(d) Eccentric but sweet and generous.
2. John says that Mr. Pignati makes a good _____.
(b) Santa Claus.
(c) Sherlock Holmes.
3. What does Mr. Pignati buy Lorraine and John at the zoo?
(a) Pig figurines.
(b) Pig stuffed animals.
(c) Hot dogs and nachos.
(d) Peanuts, candy, and ice cream.
4. What is one thing that John says he likes about Mr. Pignati?
(a) He can juggle five objects at a time.
(b) He doesn't try to be something he isn't.
(c) He teaches John how to make pancakes.
(d) He is very patient with children.
5. While his parents criticize him for not being more like his brother Kenneth, John blames his latest prank on _____.
(a) The ghost of his aunt.
(b) Their uptight attitude.
(c) It being Friday the thirteenth.
(d) The phase of the moon.
6. Lorraine says that John's father is proud of ripping off:
(a) His own son.
(b) The insurance company.
(c) His secretary.
(d) The electric company.
7. Who is Miss Reillen?
(a) Bag lady.
(b) Food server.
(d) Kindergarten teacher.
8. What oath do friends John and Lorraine make at the beginning of the book regarding Mr. Pignati?
(a) Record his story.
(b) Keep his secret safe.
(c) Take a picture of him.
(d) Hide and protect him.
9. Why does Lorraine listen to Mr. Pignati's jokes over the phone?
(a) The object of the game is to keep the other person on the line as long as possible.
(b) She's afraid that if she doesn't, he'll tell her mother what she does.
(c) She needs new jokes for a story she's writing.
(d) She can tell he's a lonely old man.
10. How do Lorraine and John find Mr. Pignati?
(a) John gets his mail in error.
(b) Through a mutual friend.
(c) They spy him at a park.
(d) From a phone book.
11. Lorraine states that Mr. Pignati lives on Howard Avenue, just a few blocks from ______.
(a) Her home.
(b) John's home.
(c) John's workplace.
(d) Her school.
12. What does John say happens to all the people who work with his father?
(a) Divorce eight times and end up alone.
(b) Become boring zombies devoid of any personality.
(c) Drop dead of heart attacks from the stress.
(d) Become old and gray before they turn thirty.
13. Which part of the Mammal Building do John and Mr. Pignati really enjoy?
(a) Nocturnal room.
(b) Petting zoo.
(c) Snack bar.
(d) Large cats area.
14. John explains that Lorraine may remember big words, but he remembers _______.
15. Why does Lorraine express compassion for Miss Stewart?
(a) All the boys in class make fun of her.
(b) She's caring for her sick mother.
(c) None of the students like her.
(d) She trembles uncontrollably.
Short Answer Questions
1. What game do John and Lorraine play with Dennis Kobin and Norton Kelly?
2. Lorraine is concerned that John ___________.
3. What does Mr. Pignati offer John and Lorraine, who are posing as charity workers, after he invites them into his house?
4. In Chapter Three, John gives the impression that he and Lorraine:
5. John and Lorraine describe their book as what?
This section contains 572 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)