|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After finding a number of items belonging to Mrs. Pignati, John realizes that she _____.
(a) Runs away.
(b) Is dead.
(c) Divorces Mr. Pignati.
(d) Is at a mental institution.
2. Now that he's a sophomore, what does John say about his freshman pranks?
(a) Those are the days.
(b) He's given up this kid stuff.
(c) He's lucky he never gets caught.
(d) His father teaches him these pranks.
3. What does Mr. Pignati offer John and Lorraine, who are posing as charity workers, after he invites them into his house?
(a) Can of soda.
(b) Green olives.
(c) Ham sandwiches.
(d) Glass of wine.
4. Why does Lorraine stop by the home of her teacher, Miss Stewart?
(a) Get help with algebra.
(b) Pick up a book.
(c) Drop off papers.
(d) Talk about a personal matter.
5. How does Lorraine feel about her own appearance?
(a) Her sincere eyes are her best feature.
(b) Appearances don't matter, so she doesn't care about how she looks.
(c) She's not the prettiest girl around.
(d) She's not beautiful, but she's attractive enough.
6. What does John say happens to all the people who work with his father?
(a) Divorce eight times and end up alone.
(b) Drop dead of heart attacks from the stress.
(c) Become old and gray before they turn thirty.
(d) Become boring zombies devoid of any personality.
7. What happens to Lorraine's father?
(a) He leaves the family and later dies.
(b) He disappears mysteriously.
(c) He's living in a monastery in France.
(d) He's in prison for fraud.
8. When Lorraine first calls Mr. Pignati, she tells him that she's doing what?
(a) Calling him on a dare.
(b) Soliciting funds.
(c) Conducting a survey.
(d) Looking for her lost cat.
9. Why does Lorraine express compassion for Miss Stewart?
(a) She's caring for her sick mother.
(b) She trembles uncontrollably.
(c) None of the students like her.
(d) All the boys in class make fun of her.
10. Who does Mr. Pignati bring up in his first phone conversation with Lorraine?
(a) The school's principal.
(b) His wife.
(c) The city's mayor.
(d) His brother.
11. What is one thing that John says he likes about Mr. Pignati?
(a) He is very patient with children.
(b) He doesn't try to be something he isn't.
(c) He teaches John how to make pancakes.
(d) He can juggle five objects at a time.
12. After their first face to face meeting with Mr. Pignati, why does John feel that he and Lorraine should accompany the man to the zoo?
(a) To pay him back for the money he gives them.
(b) To keep him from getting lost again.
(c) To see what the man does there.
(d) To get to know the man better.
13. Mr. Pignati says that Bobo is ______.
(a) His best friend.
(b) His favorite zoo dweller.
(c) His wife's favorite animal at the zoo.
(d) The most beautiful animal at the zoo.
14. When Lorraine and John start to mimic the apes at the zoo, she says she's surprised that Mr. Pignati does what?
(a) Joins them.
(b) Scolds them.
(c) Starts dancing.
(d) Starts to cry.
15. What excuse does John give for not telling Norton and Dennis that Mr. Pignati wants to donate ten dollars to Lorraine's fake charity?
(a) He wants them to go home and leave them alone.
(b) He doesn't want them taking advantage of the old man.
(c) He doesn't want to be scolded by them.
(d) He doesn't think it is any of their concern.
Short Answer Questions
1. After John's mother refuses to give him money for beer, what does he try to do?
2. The Pigman recounts the friendship between two sophomores and their _____________.
3. What oath do friends John and Lorraine make at the beginning of the book regarding Mr. Pignati?
4. What does Lorraine not allow John to write in their book?
5. When Lorraine's mother tells her to skip school the next day to help her clean their house, the teen says what?
This section contains 678 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)