|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During her first phone conversation with Mr. Pignati, Lorraine starts to laugh. What does Mr. Pignati do?
(a) Asks to speak with her manager.
(b) Asks her to share the joke with him.
(c) Hangs up.
(d) Says she has a lovely laugh.
2. In Chapter Three, John tells us that Mr. Pignati calls John and Lorraine what?
3. Lorraine talks about an entire book report John writes based on just ______.
(a) The title.
(b) One page of the book.
(c) What he hears about the book.
(d) The back cover.
4. Who is Miss Reillen?
(a) Kindergarten teacher.
(b) Food server.
(d) Bag lady.
5. Lorraine reads a great deal about ________.
6. What does Lorraine think about her mother taking things from patients?
(a) Lorraine worries her mother ends up in prison.
(b) Lorraine thinks it's hilarious.
(c) Lorraine sees nothing wrong with it.
(d) It bothers Lorraine.
7. What oath do friends John and Lorraine make at the beginning of the book regarding Mr. Pignati?
(a) Hide and protect him.
(b) Record his story.
(c) Take a picture of him.
(d) Keep his secret safe.
8. How does John convince Lorraine that they go visit Mr. Pignati?
(a) He says it's their duty to visit a lonely old man.
(b) He offers to take her out on a date if she visits Mr. Pignati.
(c) He threatens to tell their teacher that she lets John cheat off her test.
(d) He claims he'll go drinking if they don't visit the old man.
9. What does John's father do for a living?
(a) Commodities trader.
(d) High-level attorney.
10. Which part of the Mammal Building do John and Mr. Pignati really enjoy?
(a) Petting zoo.
(b) Snack bar.
(c) Nocturnal room.
(d) Large cats area.
11. While his parents criticize him for not being more like his brother Kenneth, John blames his latest prank on _____.
(a) The phase of the moon.
(b) Their uptight attitude.
(c) It being Friday the thirteenth.
(d) The ghost of his aunt.
12. Lorraine feels that John needs to make up interesting stories about his life because he is _______.
(a) Protecting himself.
(b) Mentally ill.
(c) A scoundrel.
13. Mr. Pignati serves John and Lorraine scungilli, which John describes as _____.
(a) Caviar and cream cheese.
(b) Olive sandwiches.
(c) Snails and tomato sauce.
(d) Bread slices in marinara sauce.
14. When Lorraine asks about an old photograph of Mrs. Pignati, what does Mr. Pignati do?
(a) Asks her to put it away.
(b) Tells her to leave his stuff alone.
(c) Cries for five minutes.
(d) Tears up a bit.
15. In the first chapter of The Pigman, John explains that he and Lorraine are writing a book on a typewriter where?
(b) School library.
(d) Neighborhood park.
Short Answer Questions
1. John says that Miss King tries to what?
2. After the zoo trip, John considers Mr. Pignati to be_____.
3. At the zoo, Lorraine observes a series of bad omens including an attack by a _____.
4. As a freshman, John is known for orchestrating childish pranks and even has the nickname of the ________.
5. What deal does Lorraine's mother have with a local undertaker?
This section contains 565 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)