|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lorraine's mother is a nurse who works with _____.
(a) Terminally ill patients.
(b) Developmentally disabled children.
(c) Premature babies.
(d) Accident victims.
2. What game do John and Lorraine play with Dennis Kobin and Norton Kelly?
(a) Camera charades.
(b) Telephone marathon.
(c) Ding-dong ditch.
(d) Treasure hunt.
3. What does Mr. Pignati buy Lorraine and John at the zoo?
(a) Pig figurines.
(b) Hot dogs and nachos.
(c) Peanuts, candy, and ice cream.
(d) Pig stuffed animals.
4. Who is Miss Reillen?
(a) Bag lady.
(b) Food server.
(d) Kindergarten teacher.
5. After the zoo trip, John considers Mr. Pignati to be_____.
(a) Mysterious and frightening.
(b) Boring and stuffy.
(c) Harmless but a bit crazy.
(d) Eccentric but sweet and generous.
6. When Lorraine asks about an old photograph of Mrs. Pignati, what does Mr. Pignati do?
(a) Tears up a bit.
(b) Cries for five minutes.
(c) Tells her to leave his stuff alone.
(d) Asks her to put it away.
7. Mr. Pignati says that his wife is where?
(a) New Mexico.
8. The Pigman recounts the friendship between two sophomores and their _____________.
(a) Adult friend.
(b) Beloved parents.
(c) Baboon friend.
(d) Supportive teachers.
9. What does Lorraine say is the big difference between her and John?
(a) He is cool.
(b) She can cook.
(c) He can sing.
(d) She has compassion.
10. When Lorraine and John start to mimic the apes at the zoo, she says she's surprised that Mr. Pignati does what?
(a) Starts dancing.
(b) Scolds them.
(c) Starts to cry.
(d) Joins them.
11. When he is in ninth grade, John likes to harass substitute teachers by rolling what across the floor?
(a) Billiard balls.
(b) Rotten apples.
(c) Ripe tomatoes.
(d) Ping-pong balls.
12. After finding a number of items belonging to Mrs. Pignati, John realizes that she _____.
(a) Is dead.
(b) Divorces Mr. Pignati.
(c) Is at a mental institution.
(d) Runs away.
13. What does Lorraine not allow John to write in their book?
(b) Actual names.
(d) Swear words.
14. What is one thing that John says he likes about Mr. Pignati?
(a) He doesn't try to be something he isn't.
(b) He teaches John how to make pancakes.
(c) He can juggle five objects at a time.
(d) He is very patient with children.
15. John and Lorraine describe their book as what?
(a) Memorial epic.
(b) Fantastic voyage.
(c) Epic mystery.
(d) Fantastic bestseller.
Short Answer Questions
1. John reveals that he wants to be what?
2. John feels that the only things Lorraine lacks in are what?
3. While Lorraine talks to Mr. Pignati by phone, what does John do?
4. Why does Lorraine express compassion for Miss Stewart?
5. While looking around Mr. Pignati's house, John finds a closet full of what?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)