|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lorraine talks about an entire book report John writes based on just ______.
(a) What he hears about the book.
(b) The title.
(c) The back cover.
(d) One page of the book.
2. Lorraine states that Mr. Pignati lives on Howard Avenue, just a few blocks from ______.
(a) Her home.
(b) John's home.
(c) Her school.
(d) John's workplace.
3. John says that Lorraine becomes what?
4. John and Lorraine's book spans what length of time?
(a) A few months.
(b) Two days.
(c) Two decades.
(d) Four years.
5. At the zoo, Lorraine observes a series of bad omens including an attack by a _____.
6. When does Lorraine meet John?
(a) Start of freshman year.
(b) In sixth grade.
(c) Start of sophomore year.
(d) In first grade.
7. Lorraine figures that Miss Stewart does what?
(a) Gets arrested.
(b) Loses her job.
(c) Becomes an old maid.
(d) Joins the circus.
8. John and Lorraine describe their book as what?
(a) Fantastic bestseller.
(b) Epic mystery.
(c) Memorial epic.
(d) Fantastic voyage.
9. In Chapter Three, John tells us that Mr. Pignati calls John and Lorraine what?
10. When Lorraine tells John about the bad omens at the zoo, what does he do?
(a) Dismisses them.
(b) Laughs uncontrollably.
(c) Stares off into space.
(d) Starts to panic.
11. Lorraine feels that John needs to make up interesting stories about his life because he is _______.
(b) A scoundrel.
(c) Protecting himself.
(d) Mentally ill.
12. What nickname does John give his father?
(a) Old man.
(c) Money king.
13. Lorraine is concerned that John ___________.
(a) Doesn't like her.
(b) Drinks and smokes a lot.
(c) Is working too hard.
(d) Plans to run away.
14. Which part of the Mammal Building do John and Mr. Pignati really enjoy?
(a) Large cats area.
(b) Snack bar.
(c) Nocturnal room.
(d) Petting zoo.
15. Who does Mr. Pignati bring up in his first phone conversation with Lorraine?
(a) His wife.
(b) The school's principal.
(c) The city's mayor.
(d) His brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What game do John and Lorraine play with Dennis Kobin and Norton Kelly?
2. Mr. Pignati's home is _____.
3. Lorraine explains that John gets away with so much because ________.
4. Lorraine explains that John tells lies because of his what?
5. What does Mr. Pignati buy Lorraine and John at the zoo?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)