|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does John's father say to him about his brother Kenneth?
(a) The two brothers could be twins, if not for their age difference.
(b) Kenneth is struggling with a drug addiction.
(c) Kenneth is thinking of joining the army.
(d) The two brothers are nothing alike.
2. After the zoo trip, John considers Mr. Pignati to be_____.
(a) Mysterious and frightening.
(b) Eccentric but sweet and generous.
(c) Boring and stuffy.
(d) Harmless but a bit crazy.
3. At the zoo, Lorraine observes a series of bad omens including an attack by a _____.
4. The Pigman recounts the friendship between two sophomores and their _____________.
(a) Supportive teachers.
(b) Adult friend.
(c) Baboon friend.
(d) Beloved parents.
5. Kenneth is how many years older than John?
6. How does John describe Mr. Pignati after their first meeting?
(a) In his seventies, frail, and timid.
(b) Tall, obese, and smelling of garlic.
(c) Large, in his fifties, and with a bit of a beer belly.
(d) Short, thin, and with a rose tattoo on his arm.
7. What nickname does John give his father?
(c) Old man.
(d) Money king.
8. Lorraine reads a great deal about ________.
9. What does Lorraine think about her mother taking things from patients?
(a) Lorraine sees nothing wrong with it.
(b) It bothers Lorraine.
(c) Lorraine worries her mother ends up in prison.
(d) Lorraine thinks it's hilarious.
10. Lorraine's mother is a nurse who works with _____.
(a) Terminally ill patients.
(b) Accident victims.
(c) Premature babies.
(d) Developmentally disabled children.
11. Mr. Pignati says that Bobo is ______.
(a) His best friend.
(b) His wife's favorite animal at the zoo.
(c) The most beautiful animal at the zoo.
(d) His favorite zoo dweller.
12. What does Mr. Pignati offer John and Lorraine, who are posing as charity workers, after he invites them into his house?
(a) Green olives.
(b) Can of soda.
(c) Ham sandwiches.
(d) Glass of wine.
13. What does John's father do for a living?
(b) High-level attorney.
(c) Commodities trader.
14. When he is in ninth grade, John likes to harass substitute teachers by rolling what across the floor?
(a) Billiard balls.
(b) Ripe tomatoes.
(c) Rotten apples.
(d) Ping-pong balls.
15. Lorraine explains that John gets away with so much because ________.
(a) Teachers don't care.
(b) His parents spoil him.
(c) He lies well.
(d) He's handsome.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lorraine say about John's hostility?
2. After John's mother refuses to give him money for beer, what does he try to do?
3. Lorraine states that Mr. Pignati lives on Howard Avenue, just a few blocks from ______.
4. Why does Lorraine listen to Mr. Pignati's jokes over the phone?
5. Lorraine notices that John lies to his family but his family ______.
This section contains 523 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)