Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Lorraine's mother tells her to skip school the next day to help her clean their house, the teen says what?
(a) She has a test in Latin.
(b) She hates housecleaning.
(c) She's giving a class presentation.
(d) She has an archaeology report due.
2. Why do John and Lorraine start referring to Mr. Pignati as "the Pigman"?
(a) His messy house and his pink nose.
(b) His name and his appearance.
(c) His messy house and his appearance.
(d) His name and his collection of pigs.
3. After John's mother refuses to give him money for beer, what does he try to do?
(a) Steal money from Norton and Dennis.
(b) Get Mr. Pignati to talk to his mother.
(c) Have Lorraine collect money from Mr. Pignati.
(d) Steal money from Mr. Pignati.
4. John says that Mr. Pignati makes a good _____.
(a) Sherlock Holmes.
(d) Santa Claus.
5. Lorraine's mother warns her that she shouldn't be hanging around _____.
6. After the zoo trip, John considers Mr. Pignati to be_____.
(a) Mysterious and frightening.
(b) Eccentric but sweet and generous.
(c) Harmless but a bit crazy.
(d) Boring and stuffy.
7. Lorraine explains that John gets away with so much because ________.
(a) He's handsome.
(b) Teachers don't care.
(c) His parents spoil him.
(d) He lies well.
8. How do Lorraine and John find Mr. Pignati?
(a) Through a mutual friend.
(b) From a phone book.
(c) John gets his mail in error.
(d) They spy him at a park.
9. Mr. Pignati says that his wife is where?
(b) New Mexico.
10. What does John's father say to him about his brother Kenneth?
(a) The two brothers could be twins, if not for their age difference.
(b) The two brothers are nothing alike.
(c) Kenneth is struggling with a drug addiction.
(d) Kenneth is thinking of joining the army.
11. Mr. Pignati serves John and Lorraine scungilli, which John describes as _____.
(a) Olive sandwiches.
(b) Snails and tomato sauce.
(c) Bread slices in marinara sauce.
(d) Caviar and cream cheese.
12. What game do John and Lorraine play with Dennis Kobin and Norton Kelly?
(a) Telephone marathon.
(b) Camera charades.
(c) Treasure hunt.
(d) Ding-dong ditch.
13. Miss King is one of John's what?
14. Who is Miss Reillen?
(a) Food server.
(b) Kindergarten teacher.
(d) Bag lady.
15. How does Lorraine feel about her own appearance?
(a) Appearances don't matter, so she doesn't care about how she looks.
(b) She's not the prettiest girl around.
(c) Her sincere eyes are her best feature.
(d) She's not beautiful, but she's attractive enough.
Short Answer Questions
1. What oath do friends John and Lorraine make at the beginning of the book regarding Mr. Pignati?
2. When Lorraine first calls Mr. Pignati, she tells him that she's doing what?
3. While Lorraine talks to Mr. Pignati by phone, what does John do?
4. High school students John and Lorraine are______.
5. John's father wants him to get a part-time job where?
This section contains 511 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)