|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While his parents criticize him for not being more like his brother Kenneth, John blames his latest prank on _____.
(a) Their uptight attitude.
(b) The phase of the moon.
(c) The ghost of his aunt.
(d) It being Friday the thirteenth.
2. Mr. Pignati says that Bobo is ______.
(a) His wife's favorite animal at the zoo.
(b) The most beautiful animal at the zoo.
(c) His favorite zoo dweller.
(d) His best friend.
3. What does Lorraine say is the big difference between her and John?
(a) She has compassion.
(b) He is cool.
(c) He can sing.
(d) She can cook.
4. Lorraine's mother warns her that she shouldn't be hanging around _____.
5. What does John's father do for a living?
(b) Commodities trader.
(d) High-level attorney.
6. Mr. Pignati says that his wife is where?
(b) New Mexico.
7. In the first chapter of The Pigman, John explains that he and Lorraine are writing a book on a typewriter where?
(a) Neighborhood park.
(d) School library.
8. Why does Lorraine stop by the home of her teacher, Miss Stewart?
(a) Talk about a personal matter.
(b) Pick up a book.
(c) Get help with algebra.
(d) Drop off papers.
9. When Lorraine first calls Mr. Pignati, she tells him that she's doing what?
(a) Looking for her lost cat.
(b) Calling him on a dare.
(c) Conducting a survey.
(d) Soliciting funds.
10. What does Lorraine see in the middle of Miss Stewart's living room?
(a) Her neighbor's missing motorcycle.
(b) A trampoline.
(c) Her sick mother's bed.
(d) A small printing press.
11. Miss King is one of John's what?
12. Lorraine figures that Miss Stewart does what?
(a) Loses her job.
(b) Becomes an old maid.
(c) Gets arrested.
(d) Joins the circus.
13. Who does Mr. Pignati bring up in his first phone conversation with Lorraine?
(a) His wife.
(b) His brother.
(c) The city's mayor.
(d) The school's principal.
14. In Chapter Two, Lorraine explains that she and John feel they need to write about what?
(a) Strange things that happen.
(b) Their lives as sophomores.
(c) Their hopes and dreams.
(d) The most remarkable person they ever meet.
15. After their first face to face meeting with Mr. Pignati, why does John feel that he and Lorraine should accompany the man to the zoo?
(a) To see what the man does there.
(b) To keep him from getting lost again.
(c) To get to know the man better.
(d) To pay him back for the money he gives them.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the zoo, Lorraine observes a series of bad omens including an attack by a _____.
2. In Chapter Three, John gives the impression that he and Lorraine:
3. While looking around Mr. Pignati's house, John finds a closet full of what?
4. What nickname does John give his father?
5. Mr. Pignati serves John and Lorraine scungilli, which John describes as _____.
This section contains 518 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)