|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. John feels that the only things Lorraine lacks in are what?
(a) Confidence and self-esteem.
(b) Persistence and creativity.
(c) Assertiveness and courage.
(d) Passion and drive.
2. John says that Mr. Pignati makes a good _____.
(b) Sherlock Holmes.
(d) Santa Claus.
3. John explains that Lorraine may remember big words, but he remembers _______.
4. Why is Lorraine hesitant to meet Mr. Pignati face to face?
(a) She doesn't want him to know who she is.
(b) She doesn't want to keep deceiving the old man.
(c) She hears he has a bad reputation.
(d) She's afraid he'll yell at her for her fake charity.
5. Lorraine's mother is a nurse who works with _____.
(a) Developmentally disabled children.
(b) Terminally ill patients.
(c) Accident victims.
(d) Premature babies.
6. John reveals that he wants to be what?
7. High school students John and Lorraine are______.
8. What oath do friends John and Lorraine make at the beginning of the book regarding Mr. Pignati?
(a) Record his story.
(b) Hide and protect him.
(c) Keep his secret safe.
(d) Take a picture of him.
9. The Pigman recounts the friendship between two sophomores and their _____________.
(a) Supportive teachers.
(b) Baboon friend.
(c) Adult friend.
(d) Beloved parents.
10. Lorraine talks about an entire book report John writes based on just ______.
(a) The title.
(b) One page of the book.
(c) The back cover.
(d) What he hears about the book.
11. Why is John angry at Lorraine's mother?
(a) She refuses to talk to him.
(b) She distorts facts regarding Lorraine's appearance.
(c) She constantly mocks him.
(d) She accuses Lorraine of lying and stealing.
12. What does Lorraine say about John's hostility?
(a) It's threatening their friendship.
(b) It's an act.
(c) It stems from alcohol abuse.
(d) It gets him arrested.
13. While Lorraine talks to Mr. Pignati by phone, what does John do?
(a) Takes a nap.
(b) Takes her picture.
(c) Watches TV.
(d) Makes her laugh.
14. Why does Lorraine listen to Mr. Pignati's jokes over the phone?
(a) She's afraid that if she doesn't, he'll tell her mother what she does.
(b) She needs new jokes for a story she's writing.
(c) She can tell he's a lonely old man.
(d) The object of the game is to keep the other person on the line as long as possible.
15. What happens to Lorraine's father?
(a) He leaves the family and later dies.
(b) He's living in a monastery in France.
(c) He's in prison for fraud.
(d) He disappears mysteriously.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mr. Pignati's home is _____.
2. John and Lorraine describe their book as what?
3. How does John convince Lorraine that they go visit Mr. Pignati?
4. Lorraine says that John's father is proud of ripping off:
5. What nickname does John give his father?
This section contains 508 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)