|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Lorraine meet John?
(a) In sixth grade.
(b) Start of sophomore year.
(c) In first grade.
(d) Start of freshman year.
2. Lorraine explains that John tells lies because of his what?
(a) Fear of the truth.
(b) Need for attention.
(c) Lack of respect for others.
(d) Obsessive-compulsive disorder.
3. Lorraine's mother is a nurse who works with _____.
(a) Terminally ill patients.
(b) Developmentally disabled children.
(c) Accident victims.
(d) Premature babies.
4. Lorraine says that John's father is proud of ripping off:
(a) The electric company.
(b) His secretary.
(c) The insurance company.
(d) His own son.
5. Lorraine feels that John needs to make up interesting stories about his life because he is _______.
(a) Mentally ill.
(c) A scoundrel.
(d) Protecting himself.
6. When Lorraine and John start to mimic the apes at the zoo, she says she's surprised that Mr. Pignati does what?
(a) Scolds them.
(b) Joins them.
(c) Starts to cry.
(d) Starts dancing.
7. Mr. Pignati says that Bobo is ______.
(a) His favorite zoo dweller.
(b) His best friend.
(c) His wife's favorite animal at the zoo.
(d) The most beautiful animal at the zoo.
8. High school students John and Lorraine are______.
9. Why is Lorraine hesitant to meet Mr. Pignati face to face?
(a) She doesn't want to keep deceiving the old man.
(b) She hears he has a bad reputation.
(c) She doesn't want him to know who she is.
(d) She's afraid he'll yell at her for her fake charity.
10. In the first chapter of The Pigman, John explains that he and Lorraine are writing a book on a typewriter where?
(a) School library.
(d) Neighborhood park.
11. When Lorraine tells John about the bad omens at the zoo, what does he do?
(a) Dismisses them.
(b) Laughs uncontrollably.
(c) Stares off into space.
(d) Starts to panic.
12. Now that he's a sophomore, what does John say about his freshman pranks?
(a) He's given up this kid stuff.
(b) Those are the days.
(c) His father teaches him these pranks.
(d) He's lucky he never gets caught.
13. What does Lorraine not allow John to write in their book?
(a) Swear words.
(d) Actual names.
14. What deal does Lorraine's mother have with a local undertaker?
(a) He gives her jewelry he takes from the deceased, she sells it, and they split the profits.
(b) She gives him free drugs and he gives her free flowers.
(c) He gives her ten dollars whenever she sends business his way.
(d) They bet on which patient is the next to pass away.
15. Lorraine's mother warns her that she shouldn't be hanging around _____.
Short Answer Questions
1. John says that Mr. Pignati makes a good _____.
2. Norton and Dennis want to drink beer with John and Lorraine at the _____.
3. The Pigman recounts the friendship between two sophomores and their _____________.
4. Lorraine notices that John lies to his family but his family ______.
5. Why do John and Lorraine start referring to Mr. Pignati as "the Pigman"?
This section contains 509 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)