|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lorraine think about her mother taking things from patients?
(a) Lorraine sees nothing wrong with it.
(b) Lorraine thinks it's hilarious.
(c) Lorraine worries her mother ends up in prison.
(d) It bothers Lorraine.
2. Lorraine explains that John tells lies because of his what?
(a) Lack of respect for others.
(b) Fear of the truth.
(c) Need for attention.
(d) Obsessive-compulsive disorder.
3. Why does Lorraine express compassion for Miss Stewart?
(a) None of the students like her.
(b) All the boys in class make fun of her.
(c) She trembles uncontrollably.
(d) She's caring for her sick mother.
4. In Chapter Two, Lorraine explains that she and John feel they need to write about what?
(a) The most remarkable person they ever meet.
(b) Their lives as sophomores.
(c) Strange things that happen.
(d) Their hopes and dreams.
5. Why does Lorraine stop by the home of her teacher, Miss Stewart?
(a) Pick up a book.
(b) Get help with algebra.
(c) Drop off papers.
(d) Talk about a personal matter.
6. Mr. Pignati says that his wife is where?
(d) New Mexico.
7. John feels that the only things Lorraine lacks in are what?
(a) Persistence and creativity.
(b) Confidence and self-esteem.
(c) Passion and drive.
(d) Assertiveness and courage.
8. The Pigman recounts the friendship between two sophomores and their _____________.
(a) Supportive teachers.
(b) Beloved parents.
(c) Adult friend.
(d) Baboon friend.
9. What does Lorraine see in the middle of Miss Stewart's living room?
(a) A trampoline.
(b) A small printing press.
(c) Her neighbor's missing motorcycle.
(d) Her sick mother's bed.
10. Lorraine notices that John lies to his family but his family ______.
(a) Believes him.
(b) Also lies.
(c) Thinks it's funny.
(d) Can't accept the truth.
11. How does Lorraine feel about her own appearance?
(a) Her sincere eyes are her best feature.
(b) Appearances don't matter, so she doesn't care about how she looks.
(c) She's not the prettiest girl around.
(d) She's not beautiful, but she's attractive enough.
12. Lorraine states that Mr. Pignati lives on Howard Avenue, just a few blocks from ______.
(a) John's home.
(b) Her school.
(c) John's workplace.
(d) Her home.
13. What deal does Lorraine's mother have with a local undertaker?
(a) They bet on which patient is the next to pass away.
(b) He gives her ten dollars whenever she sends business his way.
(c) He gives her jewelry he takes from the deceased, she sells it, and they split the profits.
(d) She gives him free drugs and he gives her free flowers.
14. When Lorraine and John start to mimic the apes at the zoo, she says she's surprised that Mr. Pignati does what?
(a) Scolds them.
(b) Starts dancing.
(c) Joins them.
(d) Starts to cry.
15. When he is in ninth grade, John likes to harass substitute teachers by rolling what across the floor?
(a) Ping-pong balls.
(b) Billiard balls.
(c) Ripe tomatoes.
(d) Rotten apples.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the zoo trip, John considers Mr. Pignati to be_____.
2. What does John's father say to him about his brother Kenneth?
3. What oath do friends John and Lorraine make at the beginning of the book regarding Mr. Pignati?
4. While Lorraine talks to Mr. Pignati by phone, what does John do?
5. What is one thing that John says he likes about Mr. Pignati?
This section contains 596 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)