|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Miss Reillen?
(a) Food server.
(c) Bag lady.
(d) Kindergarten teacher.
2. John's father wants him to get a part-time job where?
(a) Where he works.
(b) At the corner drugstore.
(c) At the corner hot dog stand.
(d) Where his wife works.
3. What oath do friends John and Lorraine make at the beginning of the book regarding Mr. Pignati?
(a) Hide and protect him.
(b) Record his story.
(c) Take a picture of him.
(d) Keep his secret safe.
4. What does Lorraine not allow John to write in their book?
(b) Swear words.
(c) Actual names.
5. The Pigman recounts the friendship between two sophomores and their _____________.
(a) Baboon friend.
(b) Supportive teachers.
(c) Adult friend.
(d) Beloved parents.
6. Lorraine explains that John tells lies because of his what?
(a) Obsessive-compulsive disorder.
(b) Fear of the truth.
(c) Lack of respect for others.
(d) Need for attention.
7. What does John's father do for a living?
(b) High-level attorney.
(c) Commodities trader.
8. What does John say happens to all the people who work with his father?
(a) Become boring zombies devoid of any personality.
(b) Drop dead of heart attacks from the stress.
(c) Divorce eight times and end up alone.
(d) Become old and gray before they turn thirty.
9. Lorraine says that John's father is proud of ripping off:
(a) His secretary.
(b) The electric company.
(c) His own son.
(d) The insurance company.
10. What does Lorraine say about John's hostility?
(a) It gets him arrested.
(b) It stems from alcohol abuse.
(c) It's threatening their friendship.
(d) It's an act.
11. In the first chapter of The Pigman, John explains that he and Lorraine are writing a book on a typewriter where?
(b) School library.
(d) Neighborhood park.
12. What nickname does John give his father?
(b) Old man.
(c) Money king.
13. Norton and Dennis want to drink beer with John and Lorraine at the _____.
(a) Train station.
(b) Bus depot.
14. John reveals that he wants to be what?
15. What happens to Lorraine's father?
(a) He leaves the family and later dies.
(b) He disappears mysteriously.
(c) He's living in a monastery in France.
(d) He's in prison for fraud.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Pignati buy Lorraine and John at the zoo?
2. Lorraine's mother warns her that she shouldn't be hanging around _____.
3. When Lorraine and John start to mimic the apes at the zoo, she says she's surprised that Mr. Pignati does what?
4. When does Lorraine meet John?
5. Lorraine reads a great deal about ________.
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)