|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the zoo, Lorraine observes a series of bad omens including an attack by a _____.
2. In Chapter Three, John gives the impression that he and Lorraine:
(a) Are practically confessing to killing Mr. Pignati.
(b) Feel somewhat responsible for Mr. Pignati's death, but also feel it is inevitable.
(c) Feel that if they never met Mr. Pignati, he would still be alive.
(d) Have absolutely nothing to do with Mr. Pignati's disappearance.
3. Lorraine states that Mr. Pignati lives on Howard Avenue, just a few blocks from ______.
(a) John's workplace.
(b) Her home.
(c) Her school.
(d) John's home.
4. When Lorraine asks about an old photograph of Mrs. Pignati, what does Mr. Pignati do?
(a) Asks her to put it away.
(b) Tears up a bit.
(c) Cries for five minutes.
(d) Tells her to leave his stuff alone.
5. After finding a number of items belonging to Mrs. Pignati, John realizes that she _____.
(a) Is at a mental institution.
(b) Runs away.
(c) Divorces Mr. Pignati.
(d) Is dead.
6. Lorraine is concerned that John ___________.
(a) Is working too hard.
(b) Doesn't like her.
(c) Plans to run away.
(d) Drinks and smokes a lot.
7. Kenneth is how many years older than John?
8. Why is John angry at Lorraine's mother?
(a) She accuses Lorraine of lying and stealing.
(b) She constantly mocks him.
(c) She refuses to talk to him.
(d) She distorts facts regarding Lorraine's appearance.
9. What game do John and Lorraine play with Dennis Kobin and Norton Kelly?
(a) Ding-dong ditch.
(b) Treasure hunt.
(c) Telephone marathon.
(d) Camera charades.
10. At the zoo, Mr. Pignati introduces Lorraine and John to Bobo, who is a _____.
11. Lorraine says that John's father is proud of ripping off:
(a) His secretary.
(b) The electric company.
(c) The insurance company.
(d) His own son.
12. Lorraine reads a great deal about ________.
13. After their first face to face meeting with Mr. Pignati, why does John feel that he and Lorraine should accompany the man to the zoo?
(a) To keep him from getting lost again.
(b) To see what the man does there.
(c) To pay him back for the money he gives them.
(d) To get to know the man better.
14. Norton and Dennis want to drink beer with John and Lorraine at the _____.
(a) Train station.
(d) Bus depot.
15. How does John describe Mr. Pignati after their first meeting?
(a) Short, thin, and with a rose tattoo on his arm.
(b) Large, in his fifties, and with a bit of a beer belly.
(c) Tall, obese, and smelling of garlic.
(d) In his seventies, frail, and timid.
Short Answer Questions
1. While Lorraine talks to Mr. Pignati by phone, what does John do?
2. What does Lorraine think about her mother taking things from patients?
3. What nickname does John give his father?
4. In the first chapter of The Pigman, John explains that he and Lorraine are writing a book on a typewriter where?
5. Why does Lorraine express compassion for Miss Stewart?
This section contains 535 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)