|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does John's father say to him about his brother Kenneth?
(a) Kenneth is thinking of joining the army.
(b) The two brothers are nothing alike.
(c) Kenneth is struggling with a drug addiction.
(d) The two brothers could be twins, if not for their age difference.
2. When does Lorraine meet John?
(a) Start of freshman year.
(b) Start of sophomore year.
(c) In first grade.
(d) In sixth grade.
3. What does Mr. Pignati buy Lorraine and John at the zoo?
(a) Hot dogs and nachos.
(b) Peanuts, candy, and ice cream.
(c) Pig stuffed animals.
(d) Pig figurines.
4. What does John say happens to all the people who work with his father?
(a) Divorce eight times and end up alone.
(b) Become old and gray before they turn thirty.
(c) Become boring zombies devoid of any personality.
(d) Drop dead of heart attacks from the stress.
5. John and Lorraine's book spans what length of time?
(a) Four years.
(b) A few months.
(c) Two days.
(d) Two decades.
6. Lorraine explains that John tells lies because of his what?
(a) Fear of the truth.
(b) Lack of respect for others.
(c) Need for attention.
(d) Obsessive-compulsive disorder.
7. John feels that the only things Lorraine lacks in are what?
(a) Persistence and creativity.
(b) Passion and drive.
(c) Confidence and self-esteem.
(d) Assertiveness and courage.
8. What game do John and Lorraine play with Dennis Kobin and Norton Kelly?
(a) Ding-dong ditch.
(b) Camera charades.
(c) Treasure hunt.
(d) Telephone marathon.
9. When he is in ninth grade, John likes to harass substitute teachers by rolling what across the floor?
(a) Billiard balls.
(b) Rotten apples.
(c) Ping-pong balls.
(d) Ripe tomatoes.
10. After the zoo trip, John considers Mr. Pignati to be_____.
(a) Mysterious and frightening.
(b) Harmless but a bit crazy.
(c) Boring and stuffy.
(d) Eccentric but sweet and generous.
11. Lorraine reads a great deal about ________.
12. What does Lorraine say is the big difference between her and John?
(a) She has compassion.
(b) He can sing.
(c) He is cool.
(d) She can cook.
13. What oath do friends John and Lorraine make at the beginning of the book regarding Mr. Pignati?
(a) Keep his secret safe.
(b) Take a picture of him.
(c) Hide and protect him.
(d) Record his story.
14. Who is Miss Reillen?
(a) Food server.
(c) Kindergarten teacher.
(d) Bag lady.
15. How does Lorraine feel about her own appearance?
(a) Appearances don't matter, so she doesn't care about how she looks.
(b) She's not beautiful, but she's attractive enough.
(c) Her sincere eyes are her best feature.
(d) She's not the prettiest girl around.
Short Answer Questions
1. While Lorraine talks to Mr. Pignati by phone, what does John do?
2. Mr. Pignati says that his wife is where?
3. Lorraine says that John's father is proud of ripping off:
4. Who does Mr. Pignati bring up in his first phone conversation with Lorraine?
5. Kenneth is how many years older than John?
This section contains 478 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)