|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Lorraine meet John?
(a) Start of freshman year.
(b) In sixth grade.
(c) Start of sophomore year.
(d) In first grade.
2. Now that he's a sophomore, what does John say about his freshman pranks?
(a) His father teaches him these pranks.
(b) He's given up this kid stuff.
(c) Those are the days.
(d) He's lucky he never gets caught.
3. After the zoo trip, John considers Mr. Pignati to be_____.
(a) Eccentric but sweet and generous.
(b) Harmless but a bit crazy.
(c) Mysterious and frightening.
(d) Boring and stuffy.
4. At the zoo, Mr. Pignati introduces Lorraine and John to Bobo, who is a _____.
5. Lorraine explains that John gets away with so much because ________.
(a) He lies well.
(b) His parents spoil him.
(c) He's handsome.
(d) Teachers don't care.
6. In Chapter Three, John tells us that Mr. Pignati calls John and Lorraine what?
7. Which part of the Mammal Building do John and Mr. Pignati really enjoy?
(a) Nocturnal room.
(b) Petting zoo.
(c) Large cats area.
(d) Snack bar.
8. What oath do friends John and Lorraine make at the beginning of the book regarding Mr. Pignati?
(a) Record his story.
(b) Take a picture of him.
(c) Keep his secret safe.
(d) Hide and protect him.
9. Lorraine is concerned that John ___________.
(a) Plans to run away.
(b) Doesn't like her.
(c) Drinks and smokes a lot.
(d) Is working too hard.
10. Lorraine feels that John needs to make up interesting stories about his life because he is _______.
(a) Mentally ill.
(c) A scoundrel.
(d) Protecting himself.
11. Why is Lorraine hesitant to meet Mr. Pignati face to face?
(a) She doesn't want to keep deceiving the old man.
(b) She's afraid he'll yell at her for her fake charity.
(c) She doesn't want him to know who she is.
(d) She hears he has a bad reputation.
12. In Chapter Three, John gives the impression that he and Lorraine:
(a) Feel that if they never met Mr. Pignati, he would still be alive.
(b) Are practically confessing to killing Mr. Pignati.
(c) Feel somewhat responsible for Mr. Pignati's death, but also feel it is inevitable.
(d) Have absolutely nothing to do with Mr. Pignati's disappearance.
13. Mr. Pignati says that his wife is where?
(b) New Mexico.
14. What excuse does John give for not telling Norton and Dennis that Mr. Pignati wants to donate ten dollars to Lorraine's fake charity?
(a) He doesn't want them taking advantage of the old man.
(b) He wants them to go home and leave them alone.
(c) He doesn't think it is any of their concern.
(d) He doesn't want to be scolded by them.
15. Mr. Pignati serves John and Lorraine scungilli, which John describes as _____.
(a) Bread slices in marinara sauce.
(b) Snails and tomato sauce.
(c) Caviar and cream cheese.
(d) Olive sandwiches.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter Two, Lorraine explains that she and John feel they need to write about what?
2. What deal does Lorraine's mother have with a local undertaker?
3. John says that Mr. Pignati makes a good _____.
4. Lorraine's mother warns her that she shouldn't be hanging around _____.
5. Why do John and Lorraine start referring to Mr. Pignati as "the Pigman"?
This section contains 596 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)