|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While looking around Mr. Pignati's house, John finds a closet full of what?
(a) Romance novels.
(b) Old pictures and letters.
(c) Pig knick knacks.
(d) His wife's clothes.
2. What deal does Lorraine's mother have with a local undertaker?
(a) They bet on which patient is the next to pass away.
(b) She gives him free drugs and he gives her free flowers.
(c) He gives her ten dollars whenever she sends business his way.
(d) He gives her jewelry he takes from the deceased, she sells it, and they split the profits.
3. As a freshman, John is known for orchestrating childish pranks and even has the nickname of the ________.
(a) Classroom Prankster.
(b) Freshman Trickster.
(c) Bathroom Bomber.
(d) Teacher Terrorizer.
4. Lorraine is concerned that John ___________.
(a) Plans to run away.
(b) Drinks and smokes a lot.
(c) Doesn't like her.
(d) Is working too hard.
5. What does Lorraine say is the big difference between her and John?
(a) He can sing.
(b) She has compassion.
(c) He is cool.
(d) She can cook.
6. Why is John angry at Lorraine's mother?
(a) She constantly mocks him.
(b) She refuses to talk to him.
(c) She accuses Lorraine of lying and stealing.
(d) She distorts facts regarding Lorraine's appearance.
7. What does Lorraine say about John's hostility?
(a) It gets him arrested.
(b) It's threatening their friendship.
(c) It stems from alcohol abuse.
(d) It's an act.
8. What does Lorraine see in the middle of Miss Stewart's living room?
(a) A small printing press.
(b) A trampoline.
(c) Her neighbor's missing motorcycle.
(d) Her sick mother's bed.
9. What does Lorraine think about her mother taking things from patients?
(a) Lorraine thinks it's hilarious.
(b) Lorraine worries her mother ends up in prison.
(c) It bothers Lorraine.
(d) Lorraine sees nothing wrong with it.
10. John explains that Lorraine may remember big words, but he remembers _______.
11. Why do John and Lorraine start referring to Mr. Pignati as "the Pigman"?
(a) His messy house and his appearance.
(b) His name and his appearance.
(c) His name and his collection of pigs.
(d) His messy house and his pink nose.
12. Now that he's a sophomore, what does John say about his freshman pranks?
(a) He's lucky he never gets caught.
(b) He's given up this kid stuff.
(c) Those are the days.
(d) His father teaches him these pranks.
13. Lorraine's mother is a nurse who works with _____.
(a) Terminally ill patients.
(b) Developmentally disabled children.
(c) Accident victims.
(d) Premature babies.
14. Lorraine feels that John needs to make up interesting stories about his life because he is _______.
(a) A scoundrel.
(b) Mentally ill.
(c) Protecting himself.
15. When Lorraine's mother tells her to skip school the next day to help her clean their house, the teen says what?
(a) She has a test in Latin.
(b) She's giving a class presentation.
(c) She has an archaeology report due.
(d) She hates housecleaning.
Short Answer Questions
1. John and Lorraine's book spans what length of time?
2. What does John's father do for a living?
3. John and Lorraine describe their book as what?
4. What does John say happens to all the people who work with his father?
5. What excuse does John give for not telling Norton and Dennis that Mr. Pignati wants to donate ten dollars to Lorraine's fake charity?
This section contains 588 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)