|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lorraine notices that John lies to his family but his family ______.
(a) Also lies.
(b) Thinks it's funny.
(c) Can't accept the truth.
(d) Believes him.
2. How does John convince Lorraine that they go visit Mr. Pignati?
(a) He threatens to tell their teacher that she lets John cheat off her test.
(b) He claims he'll go drinking if they don't visit the old man.
(c) He offers to take her out on a date if she visits Mr. Pignati.
(d) He says it's their duty to visit a lonely old man.
3. What oath do friends John and Lorraine make at the beginning of the book regarding Mr. Pignati?
(a) Record his story.
(b) Keep his secret safe.
(c) Hide and protect him.
(d) Take a picture of him.
4. As a freshman, John is known for orchestrating childish pranks and even has the nickname of the ________.
(a) Teacher Terrorizer.
(b) Bathroom Bomber.
(c) Classroom Prankster.
(d) Freshman Trickster.
5. Why do John and Lorraine start referring to Mr. Pignati as "the Pigman"?
(a) His messy house and his pink nose.
(b) His name and his appearance.
(c) His name and his collection of pigs.
(d) His messy house and his appearance.
6. What nickname does John give his father?
(a) Money king.
(c) Old man.
7. At the zoo, Lorraine observes a series of bad omens including an attack by a _____.
8. After the zoo trip, John considers Mr. Pignati to be_____.
(a) Boring and stuffy.
(b) Harmless but a bit crazy.
(c) Mysterious and frightening.
(d) Eccentric but sweet and generous.
9. How do Lorraine and John find Mr. Pignati?
(a) They spy him at a park.
(b) John gets his mail in error.
(c) From a phone book.
(d) Through a mutual friend.
10. In Chapter Three, John tells us that Mr. Pignati calls John and Lorraine what?
11. Why is John angry at Lorraine's mother?
(a) She refuses to talk to him.
(b) She accuses Lorraine of lying and stealing.
(c) She distorts facts regarding Lorraine's appearance.
(d) She constantly mocks him.
12. What deal does Lorraine's mother have with a local undertaker?
(a) He gives her ten dollars whenever she sends business his way.
(b) She gives him free drugs and he gives her free flowers.
(c) He gives her jewelry he takes from the deceased, she sells it, and they split the profits.
(d) They bet on which patient is the next to pass away.
13. After finding a number of items belonging to Mrs. Pignati, John realizes that she _____.
(a) Is dead.
(b) Runs away.
(c) Is at a mental institution.
(d) Divorces Mr. Pignati.
14. When Lorraine tells John about the bad omens at the zoo, what does he do?
(a) Starts to panic.
(b) Laughs uncontrollably.
(c) Stares off into space.
(d) Dismisses them.
15. Mr. Pignati says that his wife is where?
(c) New Mexico.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lorraine reads a great deal about ________.
2. Lorraine's mother warns her that she shouldn't be hanging around _____.
3. Lorraine figures that Miss Stewart does what?
4. When Lorraine and John start to mimic the apes at the zoo, she says she's surprised that Mr. Pignati does what?
5. Which part of the Mammal Building do John and Mr. Pignati really enjoy?
This section contains 534 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)