|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lorraine say about John's hostility?
(a) It's an act.
(b) It gets him arrested.
(c) It's threatening their friendship.
(d) It stems from alcohol abuse.
2. John and Lorraine's book spans what length of time?
(a) Four years.
(b) Two days.
(c) Two decades.
(d) A few months.
3. John reveals that he wants to be what?
4. Friends John and Lorraine attend what high school?
5. Mr. Pignati's home is _____.
(a) Large and inviting.
(b) Old and rundown.
(c) Behind an iron gate.
(d) Painted brightly.
6. When does Lorraine meet John?
(a) In sixth grade.
(b) Start of sophomore year.
(c) In first grade.
(d) Start of freshman year.
7. Who is Miss Reillen?
(b) Bag lady.
(c) Food server.
(d) Kindergarten teacher.
8. The Pigman recounts the friendship between two sophomores and their _____________.
(a) Supportive teachers.
(b) Adult friend.
(c) Baboon friend.
(d) Beloved parents.
9. After John's mother refuses to give him money for beer, what does he try to do?
(a) Steal money from Norton and Dennis.
(b) Get Mr. Pignati to talk to his mother.
(c) Have Lorraine collect money from Mr. Pignati.
(d) Steal money from Mr. Pignati.
10. John says that Mr. Pignati makes a good _____.
(a) Sherlock Holmes.
(d) Santa Claus.
11. How does John convince Lorraine that they go visit Mr. Pignati?
(a) He says it's their duty to visit a lonely old man.
(b) He claims he'll go drinking if they don't visit the old man.
(c) He offers to take her out on a date if she visits Mr. Pignati.
(d) He threatens to tell their teacher that she lets John cheat off her test.
12. Lorraine's mother is a nurse who works with _____.
(a) Terminally ill patients.
(b) Developmentally disabled children.
(c) Premature babies.
(d) Accident victims.
13. John feels that the only things Lorraine lacks in are what?
(a) Confidence and self-esteem.
(b) Assertiveness and courage.
(c) Passion and drive.
(d) Persistence and creativity.
14. While his parents criticize him for not being more like his brother Kenneth, John blames his latest prank on _____.
(a) Their uptight attitude.
(b) The ghost of his aunt.
(c) It being Friday the thirteenth.
(d) The phase of the moon.
15. What nickname does John give his father?
(a) Money king.
(c) Old man.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the first chapter of The Pigman, John explains that he and Lorraine are writing a book on a typewriter where?
2. Lorraine explains that John gets away with so much because ________.
3. Why does Lorraine stop by the home of her teacher, Miss Stewart?
4. What does Mr. Pignati buy Lorraine and John at the zoo?
5. Which part of the Mammal Building do John and Mr. Pignati really enjoy?
This section contains 462 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)