|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Pignati offer John and Lorraine, who are posing as charity workers, after he invites them into his house?
(a) Green olives.
(b) Glass of wine.
(c) Can of soda.
(d) Ham sandwiches.
2. Which part of the Mammal Building do John and Mr. Pignati really enjoy?
(a) Nocturnal room.
(b) Petting zoo.
(c) Snack bar.
(d) Large cats area.
3. Lorraine says that John's father is proud of ripping off:
(a) The insurance company.
(b) His secretary.
(c) His own son.
(d) The electric company.
4. In Chapter Two, Lorraine explains that she and John feel they need to write about what?
(a) Strange things that happen.
(b) Their hopes and dreams.
(c) Their lives as sophomores.
(d) The most remarkable person they ever meet.
5. How do Lorraine and John find Mr. Pignati?
(a) They spy him at a park.
(b) John gets his mail in error.
(c) Through a mutual friend.
(d) From a phone book.
6. The Pigman recounts the friendship between two sophomores and their _____________.
(a) Supportive teachers.
(b) Adult friend.
(c) Baboon friend.
(d) Beloved parents.
7. What does John's father say to him about his brother Kenneth?
(a) Kenneth is struggling with a drug addiction.
(b) The two brothers could be twins, if not for their age difference.
(c) The two brothers are nothing alike.
(d) Kenneth is thinking of joining the army.
8. When Lorraine and John start to mimic the apes at the zoo, she says she's surprised that Mr. Pignati does what?
(a) Joins them.
(b) Starts to cry.
(c) Starts dancing.
(d) Scolds them.
9. Mr. Pignati's home is _____.
(a) Large and inviting.
(b) Painted brightly.
(c) Behind an iron gate.
(d) Old and rundown.
10. Who is Miss Reillen?
(a) Kindergarten teacher.
(b) Food server.
(d) Bag lady.
11. John and Lorraine describe their book as what?
(a) Fantastic bestseller.
(b) Fantastic voyage.
(c) Memorial epic.
(d) Epic mystery.
12. How does John convince Lorraine that they go visit Mr. Pignati?
(a) He offers to take her out on a date if she visits Mr. Pignati.
(b) He threatens to tell their teacher that she lets John cheat off her test.
(c) He claims he'll go drinking if they don't visit the old man.
(d) He says it's their duty to visit a lonely old man.
13. During her first phone conversation with Mr. Pignati, Lorraine starts to laugh. What does Mr. Pignati do?
(a) Asks her to share the joke with him.
(b) Hangs up.
(c) Asks to speak with her manager.
(d) Says she has a lovely laugh.
14. While looking around Mr. Pignati's house, John finds a closet full of what?
(a) His wife's clothes.
(b) Romance novels.
(c) Pig knick knacks.
(d) Old pictures and letters.
15. What oath do friends John and Lorraine make at the beginning of the book regarding Mr. Pignati?
(a) Record his story.
(b) Take a picture of him.
(c) Hide and protect him.
(d) Keep his secret safe.
Short Answer Questions
1. What excuse does John give for not telling Norton and Dennis that Mr. Pignati wants to donate ten dollars to Lorraine's fake charity?
2. John and Lorraine's book spans what length of time?
3. Who does Mr. Pignati bring up in his first phone conversation with Lorraine?
4. At the zoo, Mr. Pignati introduces Lorraine and John to Bobo, who is a _____.
5. What does Lorraine think about her mother taking things from patients?
This section contains 581 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)