|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While looking around Mr. Pignati's house, John finds a closet full of what?
(a) Romance novels.
(b) His wife's clothes.
(c) Old pictures and letters.
(d) Pig knick knacks.
2. Lorraine reads a great deal about ________.
3. Mr. Pignati says that his wife is where?
(d) New Mexico.
4. What does Lorraine say about John's hostility?
(a) It gets him arrested.
(b) It's threatening their friendship.
(c) It's an act.
(d) It stems from alcohol abuse.
5. What is one thing that John says he likes about Mr. Pignati?
(a) He can juggle five objects at a time.
(b) He teaches John how to make pancakes.
(c) He is very patient with children.
(d) He doesn't try to be something he isn't.
6. What does Mr. Pignati offer John and Lorraine, who are posing as charity workers, after he invites them into his house?
(a) Glass of wine.
(b) Green olives.
(c) Can of soda.
(d) Ham sandwiches.
7. Lorraine explains that John tells lies because of his what?
(a) Fear of the truth.
(b) Obsessive-compulsive disorder.
(c) Lack of respect for others.
(d) Need for attention.
8. When does Lorraine meet John?
(a) In first grade.
(b) Start of freshman year.
(c) In sixth grade.
(d) Start of sophomore year.
9. Friends John and Lorraine attend what high school?
10. How does Lorraine feel about her own appearance?
(a) Appearances don't matter, so she doesn't care about how she looks.
(b) Her sincere eyes are her best feature.
(c) She's not the prettiest girl around.
(d) She's not beautiful, but she's attractive enough.
11. Lorraine's mother warns her that she shouldn't be hanging around _____.
12. The Pigman recounts the friendship between two sophomores and their _____________.
(a) Adult friend.
(b) Supportive teachers.
(c) Beloved parents.
(d) Baboon friend.
13. Lorraine feels that John needs to make up interesting stories about his life because he is _______.
(b) A scoundrel.
(c) Mentally ill.
(d) Protecting himself.
14. John explains that Lorraine may remember big words, but he remembers _______.
15. What nickname does John give his father?
(a) Old man.
(c) Money king.
Short Answer Questions
1. John says that Lorraine becomes what?
2. In Chapter Three, John tells us that Mr. Pignati calls John and Lorraine what?
3. What does Lorraine say is the big difference between her and John?
4. Why does Lorraine listen to Mr. Pignati's jokes over the phone?
5. John and Lorraine describe their book as what?
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)