|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the first chapter of The Pigman, John explains that he and Lorraine are writing a book on a typewriter where?
(b) School library.
(d) Neighborhood park.
2. At the zoo, Mr. Pignati introduces Lorraine and John to Bobo, who is a _____.
3. The Pigman recounts the friendship between two sophomores and their _____________.
(a) Beloved parents.
(b) Baboon friend.
(c) Supportive teachers.
(d) Adult friend.
4. When does Lorraine meet John?
(a) Start of sophomore year.
(b) In sixth grade.
(c) Start of freshman year.
(d) In first grade.
5. Norton and Dennis want to drink beer with John and Lorraine at the _____.
(a) Bus depot.
(c) Train station.
6. After their first face to face meeting with Mr. Pignati, why does John feel that he and Lorraine should accompany the man to the zoo?
(a) To keep him from getting lost again.
(b) To see what the man does there.
(c) To get to know the man better.
(d) To pay him back for the money he gives them.
7. At the zoo, Lorraine observes a series of bad omens including an attack by a _____.
8. How does John describe Mr. Pignati after their first meeting?
(a) Large, in his fifties, and with a bit of a beer belly.
(b) Short, thin, and with a rose tattoo on his arm.
(c) In his seventies, frail, and timid.
(d) Tall, obese, and smelling of garlic.
9. What does Lorraine say is the big difference between her and John?
(a) He is cool.
(b) He can sing.
(c) She has compassion.
(d) She can cook.
10. How does John convince Lorraine that they go visit Mr. Pignati?
(a) He threatens to tell their teacher that she lets John cheat off her test.
(b) He offers to take her out on a date if she visits Mr. Pignati.
(c) He claims he'll go drinking if they don't visit the old man.
(d) He says it's their duty to visit a lonely old man.
11. Why does Lorraine stop by the home of her teacher, Miss Stewart?
(a) Talk about a personal matter.
(b) Drop off papers.
(c) Pick up a book.
(d) Get help with algebra.
12. When Lorraine tells John about the bad omens at the zoo, what does he do?
(a) Starts to panic.
(b) Dismisses them.
(c) Laughs uncontrollably.
(d) Stares off into space.
13. How does Lorraine feel about her own appearance?
(a) Appearances don't matter, so she doesn't care about how she looks.
(b) She's not the prettiest girl around.
(c) She's not beautiful, but she's attractive enough.
(d) Her sincere eyes are her best feature.
14. Why is John angry at Lorraine's mother?
(a) She constantly mocks him.
(b) She refuses to talk to him.
(c) She accuses Lorraine of lying and stealing.
(d) She distorts facts regarding Lorraine's appearance.
15. After finding a number of items belonging to Mrs. Pignati, John realizes that she _____.
(a) Is at a mental institution.
(b) Runs away.
(c) Divorces Mr. Pignati.
(d) Is dead.
Short Answer Questions
1. John feels that the only things Lorraine lacks in are what?
2. While his parents criticize him for not being more like his brother Kenneth, John blames his latest prank on _____.
3. Lorraine figures that Miss Stewart does what?
4. How do Lorraine and John find Mr. Pignati?
5. Lorraine feels that John needs to make up interesting stories about his life because he is _______.
This section contains 585 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)