|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What oath do friends John and Lorraine make at the beginning of the book regarding Mr. Pignati?
(a) Record his story.
(b) Take a picture of him.
(c) Keep his secret safe.
(d) Hide and protect him.
2. At the zoo, Lorraine observes a series of bad omens including an attack by a _____.
3. How does John describe Mr. Pignati after their first meeting?
(a) Tall, obese, and smelling of garlic.
(b) Large, in his fifties, and with a bit of a beer belly.
(c) Short, thin, and with a rose tattoo on his arm.
(d) In his seventies, frail, and timid.
4. When Lorraine tells John about the bad omens at the zoo, what does he do?
(a) Starts to panic.
(b) Dismisses them.
(c) Stares off into space.
(d) Laughs uncontrollably.
5. While Lorraine talks to Mr. Pignati by phone, what does John do?
(a) Takes a nap.
(b) Watches TV.
(c) Takes her picture.
(d) Makes her laugh.
6. John and Lorraine's book spans what length of time?
(a) Two days.
(b) Two decades.
(c) A few months.
(d) Four years.
7. In Chapter Two, Lorraine explains that she and John feel they need to write about what?
(a) Strange things that happen.
(b) Their hopes and dreams.
(c) The most remarkable person they ever meet.
(d) Their lives as sophomores.
8. John feels that the only things Lorraine lacks in are what?
(a) Confidence and self-esteem.
(b) Persistence and creativity.
(c) Assertiveness and courage.
(d) Passion and drive.
9. Which part of the Mammal Building do John and Mr. Pignati really enjoy?
(a) Petting zoo.
(b) Large cats area.
(c) Nocturnal room.
(d) Snack bar.
10. What does Mr. Pignati buy Lorraine and John at the zoo?
(a) Hot dogs and nachos.
(b) Pig stuffed animals.
(c) Peanuts, candy, and ice cream.
(d) Pig figurines.
11. When Lorraine first calls Mr. Pignati, she tells him that she's doing what?
(a) Looking for her lost cat.
(b) Calling him on a dare.
(c) Soliciting funds.
(d) Conducting a survey.
12. Lorraine reads a great deal about ________.
13. Lorraine figures that Miss Stewart does what?
(a) Loses her job.
(b) Joins the circus.
(c) Gets arrested.
(d) Becomes an old maid.
14. After finding a number of items belonging to Mrs. Pignati, John realizes that she _____.
(a) Is dead.
(b) Runs away.
(c) Is at a mental institution.
(d) Divorces Mr. Pignati.
15. After their first face to face meeting with Mr. Pignati, why does John feel that he and Lorraine should accompany the man to the zoo?
(a) To see what the man does there.
(b) To keep him from getting lost again.
(c) To get to know the man better.
(d) To pay him back for the money he gives them.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Lorraine feel about her own appearance?
2. How do Lorraine and John find Mr. Pignati?
3. Lorraine's mother is a nurse who works with _____.
4. Who does Mr. Pignati bring up in his first phone conversation with Lorraine?
5. How does John convince Lorraine that they go visit Mr. Pignati?
This section contains 577 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)