|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the zoo trip, John considers Mr. Pignati to be_____.
(a) Eccentric but sweet and generous.
(b) Harmless but a bit crazy.
(c) Mysterious and frightening.
(d) Boring and stuffy.
2. Lorraine is concerned that John ___________.
(a) Is working too hard.
(b) Plans to run away.
(c) Drinks and smokes a lot.
(d) Doesn't like her.
3. What is one thing that John says he likes about Mr. Pignati?
(a) He is very patient with children.
(b) He can juggle five objects at a time.
(c) He doesn't try to be something he isn't.
(d) He teaches John how to make pancakes.
4. What does John's father say to him about his brother Kenneth?
(a) The two brothers could be twins, if not for their age difference.
(b) Kenneth is thinking of joining the army.
(c) Kenneth is struggling with a drug addiction.
(d) The two brothers are nothing alike.
5. Mr. Pignati serves John and Lorraine scungilli, which John describes as _____.
(a) Snails and tomato sauce.
(b) Bread slices in marinara sauce.
(c) Caviar and cream cheese.
(d) Olive sandwiches.
6. How does John convince Lorraine that they go visit Mr. Pignati?
(a) He says it's their duty to visit a lonely old man.
(b) He claims he'll go drinking if they don't visit the old man.
(c) He threatens to tell their teacher that she lets John cheat off her test.
(d) He offers to take her out on a date if she visits Mr. Pignati.
7. While his parents criticize him for not being more like his brother Kenneth, John blames his latest prank on _____.
(a) The ghost of his aunt.
(b) Their uptight attitude.
(c) It being Friday the thirteenth.
(d) The phase of the moon.
8. Lorraine's mother is a nurse who works with _____.
(a) Premature babies.
(b) Terminally ill patients.
(c) Developmentally disabled children.
(d) Accident victims.
9. Why do John and Lorraine start referring to Mr. Pignati as "the Pigman"?
(a) His name and his collection of pigs.
(b) His messy house and his pink nose.
(c) His name and his appearance.
(d) His messy house and his appearance.
10. Which part of the Mammal Building do John and Mr. Pignati really enjoy?
(a) Large cats area.
(b) Petting zoo.
(c) Nocturnal room.
(d) Snack bar.
11. Friends John and Lorraine attend what high school?
12. Mr. Pignati says that his wife is where?
(b) New Mexico.
13. Lorraine states that Mr. Pignati lives on Howard Avenue, just a few blocks from ______.
(a) John's workplace.
(b) John's home.
(c) Her home.
(d) Her school.
14. What does John's father do for a living?
(c) Commodities trader.
(d) High-level attorney.
15. Mr. Pignati's home is _____.
(a) Behind an iron gate.
(b) Painted brightly.
(c) Large and inviting.
(d) Old and rundown.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Lorraine feel about her own appearance?
2. In Chapter Two, Lorraine explains that she and John feel they need to write about what?
3. As a freshman, John is known for orchestrating childish pranks and even has the nickname of the ________.
4. Why does Lorraine stop by the home of her teacher, Miss Stewart?
5. During her first phone conversation with Mr. Pignati, Lorraine starts to laugh. What does Mr. Pignati do?
This section contains 577 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)