|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Lorraine asks about an old photograph of Mrs. Pignati, what does Mr. Pignati do?
(a) Tears up a bit.
(b) Cries for five minutes.
(c) Asks her to put it away.
(d) Tells her to leave his stuff alone.
2. What game do John and Lorraine play with Dennis Kobin and Norton Kelly?
(a) Camera charades.
(b) Ding-dong ditch.
(c) Telephone marathon.
(d) Treasure hunt.
3. What is one thing that John says he likes about Mr. Pignati?
(a) He doesn't try to be something he isn't.
(b) He can juggle five objects at a time.
(c) He teaches John how to make pancakes.
(d) He is very patient with children.
4. While his parents criticize him for not being more like his brother Kenneth, John blames his latest prank on _____.
(a) The ghost of his aunt.
(b) It being Friday the thirteenth.
(c) Their uptight attitude.
(d) The phase of the moon.
5. In Chapter Two, Lorraine explains that she and John feel they need to write about what?
(a) Their hopes and dreams.
(b) The most remarkable person they ever meet.
(c) Strange things that happen.
(d) Their lives as sophomores.
6. How does John convince Lorraine that they go visit Mr. Pignati?
(a) He claims he'll go drinking if they don't visit the old man.
(b) He threatens to tell their teacher that she lets John cheat off her test.
(c) He offers to take her out on a date if she visits Mr. Pignati.
(d) He says it's their duty to visit a lonely old man.
7. After the zoo trip, John considers Mr. Pignati to be_____.
(a) Boring and stuffy.
(b) Mysterious and frightening.
(c) Harmless but a bit crazy.
(d) Eccentric but sweet and generous.
8. Kenneth is how many years older than John?
9. Now that he's a sophomore, what does John say about his freshman pranks?
(a) He's lucky he never gets caught.
(b) Those are the days.
(c) His father teaches him these pranks.
(d) He's given up this kid stuff.
10. While looking around Mr. Pignati's house, John finds a closet full of what?
(a) Old pictures and letters.
(b) Romance novels.
(c) Pig knick knacks.
(d) His wife's clothes.
11. As a freshman, John is known for orchestrating childish pranks and even has the nickname of the ________.
(a) Classroom Prankster.
(b) Freshman Trickster.
(c) Teacher Terrorizer.
(d) Bathroom Bomber.
12. John reveals that he wants to be what?
13. What does John say happens to all the people who work with his father?
(a) Drop dead of heart attacks from the stress.
(b) Become old and gray before they turn thirty.
(c) Become boring zombies devoid of any personality.
(d) Divorce eight times and end up alone.
14. What does Mr. Pignati buy Lorraine and John at the zoo?
(a) Pig stuffed animals.
(b) Peanuts, candy, and ice cream.
(c) Pig figurines.
(d) Hot dogs and nachos.
15. What does Lorraine say is the big difference between her and John?
(a) She can cook.
(b) He can sing.
(c) He is cool.
(d) She has compassion.
Short Answer Questions
1. While Lorraine talks to Mr. Pignati by phone, what does John do?
2. Lorraine notices that John lies to his family but his family ______.
3. What oath do friends John and Lorraine make at the beginning of the book regarding Mr. Pignati?
4. How does Lorraine feel about her own appearance?
5. When Lorraine's mother tells her to skip school the next day to help her clean their house, the teen says what?
This section contains 618 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)