|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Lorraine's mother tells her to skip school the next day to help her clean their house, the teen says what?
(a) She has an archaeology report due.
(b) She's giving a class presentation.
(c) She has a test in Latin.
(d) She hates housecleaning.
2. Why do John and Lorraine start referring to Mr. Pignati as "the Pigman"?
(a) His name and his appearance.
(b) His name and his collection of pigs.
(c) His messy house and his appearance.
(d) His messy house and his pink nose.
3. Lorraine explains that John gets away with so much because ________.
(a) His parents spoil him.
(b) He lies well.
(c) Teachers don't care.
(d) He's handsome.
4. When Lorraine and John start to mimic the apes at the zoo, she says she's surprised that Mr. Pignati does what?
(a) Starts to cry.
(b) Starts dancing.
(c) Joins them.
(d) Scolds them.
5. Why is Lorraine hesitant to meet Mr. Pignati face to face?
(a) She doesn't want to keep deceiving the old man.
(b) She hears he has a bad reputation.
(c) She doesn't want him to know who she is.
(d) She's afraid he'll yell at her for her fake charity.
6. Lorraine figures that Miss Stewart does what?
(a) Loses her job.
(b) Joins the circus.
(c) Becomes an old maid.
(d) Gets arrested.
7. During her first phone conversation with Mr. Pignati, Lorraine starts to laugh. What does Mr. Pignati do?
(a) Hangs up.
(b) Says she has a lovely laugh.
(c) Asks her to share the joke with him.
(d) Asks to speak with her manager.
8. How does Lorraine feel about her own appearance?
(a) She's not the prettiest girl around.
(b) Her sincere eyes are her best feature.
(c) Appearances don't matter, so she doesn't care about how she looks.
(d) She's not beautiful, but she's attractive enough.
9. Why does Lorraine express compassion for Miss Stewart?
(a) She's caring for her sick mother.
(b) All the boys in class make fun of her.
(c) She trembles uncontrollably.
(d) None of the students like her.
10. What does Lorraine say about John's hostility?
(a) It gets him arrested.
(b) It's an act.
(c) It stems from alcohol abuse.
(d) It's threatening their friendship.
11. Norton and Dennis want to drink beer with John and Lorraine at the _____.
(b) Bus depot.
(d) Train station.
12. When does Lorraine meet John?
(a) In first grade.
(b) Start of sophomore year.
(c) Start of freshman year.
(d) In sixth grade.
13. In Chapter Two, Lorraine explains that she and John feel they need to write about what?
(a) Strange things that happen.
(b) The most remarkable person they ever meet.
(c) Their hopes and dreams.
(d) Their lives as sophomores.
14. Who is Miss Reillen?
(b) Kindergarten teacher.
(c) Food server.
(d) Bag lady.
15. Now that he's a sophomore, what does John say about his freshman pranks?
(a) His father teaches him these pranks.
(b) He's lucky he never gets caught.
(c) Those are the days.
(d) He's given up this kid stuff.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lorraine reads a great deal about ________.
2. Mr. Pignati says that Bobo is ______.
3. How does John convince Lorraine that they go visit Mr. Pignati?
4. John and Lorraine's book spans what length of time?
5. Mr. Pignati says that his wife is where?
This section contains 578 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)