Short Essay Questions Key
1. From the first chapter, what can you deduce about John's character and personality?
2. Why do John and Lorraine call Miss Reillen, the librarian, "the Cricket"?
3. Can the reader figure out the fate of Mr. Pignati from the first chapter?
4. Describe John's relationship with authority figures.
5. What reason does Lorraine give for undertaking the writing project she's working on with John?
6. How does Lorraine describe John?
7. Describe how and when Lorraine and John first meet.
8. Describe Lorraine's interest in psychology.
9. What does John dislike about Miss King, one of his teachers?
10. What quality above all others does John like about Mr. Pignati?
11. What does John feel Lorraine lacks in?
12. Describe telephone marathon, the game John and Lorraine play with a couple of their friends.
13. Is Lorraine's choice of Mr. Pignati's name from the phone book random?
14. During their first phone conversation, why does Lorraine listen to Mr. Pignati's jokes?
This section contains 778 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)