|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter Two, Lorraine explains that she and John feel they need to write about what?
(a) Their lives as sophomores.
(b) The most remarkable person they ever meet.
(c) Strange things that happen.
(d) Their hopes and dreams.
2. On a snowy night, what do John and Lorraine confess to Mr. Pignati?
(a) At first they are terrified of him.
(b) They don't work for a charity.
(c) They suspect him of killing his wife.
(d) They're the ones who ring his doorbell and run away.
3. How does John convince Lorraine that they go visit Mr. Pignati?
(a) He claims he'll go drinking if they don't visit the old man.
(b) He says it's their duty to visit a lonely old man.
(c) He threatens to tell their teacher that she lets John cheat off her test.
(d) He offers to take her out on a date if she visits Mr. Pignati.
4. Who does Mr. Pignati bring up in his first phone conversation with Lorraine?
(a) The city's mayor.
(b) His wife.
(c) The school's principal.
(d) His brother.
5. John and Lorraine's book spans what length of time?
(a) Two days.
(b) Four years.
(c) A few months.
(d) Two decades.
Short Answer Questions
1. Now that he's a sophomore, what does John say about his freshman pranks?
2. The complicated game that John and Lorraine play with Mr. Pignati turns out to be a psychological one, with their answers equating to what?
3. What does Lorraine say about John's hostility?
4. After John's mother refuses to give him money for beer, what does he try to do?
5. Why does Lorraine express compassion for Miss Stewart?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)