1. Compare and contrast the personalities, behavior, attitudes, and outlooks of John and Lorraine. In what ways are these two characters different? How are they similar?
2. What draws them to each other?
3. How do these two complementary characters balance each other? Keep each other grounded? Expand one another's horizons?
Explain how the author uses Lorraine's narration to foreshadow what happens to Mr. Pignati in the end. Cite specific examples from the book, including omens Lorraine refers to.
Describe John's relationship with his parents and Lorraine's relationship with her mother.
1. How do these characters' parents complicate their lives?
2. Why do you feel John and Lorraine are so misunderstood by their parents? How do these misunderstandings shape how they behave and how they view themselves?
3. How does Mr. Pignati and his home represent a sanctuary or refuge for Lorraine and John? Support your answers with specific examples from the book.
This section contains 787 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)