* John Conlan and Lorraine Jensen sign an oath declaring that they record the facts about their friendship with Mr. Angelo Pignati.
* As sophomores at Franklin High School in New York, John and Lorraine write their tribute book on a typewriter in the school library.
* John is somewhat of a troublemaker who earns the nickname "Bathroom Bomber" when he is in the ninth grade.
* Now that he's a sophomore, he's supposedly largely given up pranks and other "kid stuff".
* Lorraine feels that swearing is not appropriate in their book, which they call a "memorial epic".
* To keep things respectable, she lets John type a series of symbols every time he feels the need to swear in the book.
* The first chapter is written by John, and the story continues with Lorraine writing the second chapter.
* Lorraine explains that they want to write about some unusual events that...
This section contains 2,043 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)